Palm Restaurant - Dallas
701 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Dallas
- Phone: 2146980470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Kotsifos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Dallas
The Palm Restaurant in Dallas is quintessentially Palm and quintessentially Dallas. From caricatures on our wall of famous Palm regulars to the depicted Dallas Cowboy greats, you cannot find a better combination of smooth New York Steakhouse style and Dallas charm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (34)romantic (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (11)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best Prime ribJoePDined on 9/6/2014If you like prime rib this is the place to go. Perfectly cooked and huge. Atomic horseradish to light up you mouth. Really who could ask for more. Of course the expected five star service throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, easy to get in.OmylilgreenturtleDined on 9/4/2014What I remember as a great dining experience in former years on trips to Dallas is still okay. Service was attentive. Steak not cooked to order, and atmosphere seemed slow-maybe because it was a Thursday night. I expected a little more attention and inventiveness to the special(s)- lobster and steak. All together it was a comfortable evening, just not mindblowing like I remember.
- Huge Fan of the PalmHoustonKidDined on 9/3/2014Began frequenting the Palm in Houston in the 80s. Moving to Dallas in the late 80s I began coming to the Palm in Dallas. Always pleased with the all around experience of both restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!HappyeatingDined on 8/30/2014What can I say? Food here is always fabulous. No better place for lobster, unless you happen to be in Maine. Steaks fabulous. Sides superb. Excellent caprese with real buffalo mozzarella. Great Caesar dressing (I always ask for extra on side). Classy ambiance and service without being stuffy. Can feel comfortable dressed up or in jeans.Special Features:
- ordered lobster and prime ribluvtoeatoutDined on 8/30/2014lobster great-prime rib was extremely chewy, no flavor. Ordered dessert-creme brulee was soupy and chocolate cake was mushy. Left restaurant with an over $240 bill before tip (no cocktails) and went home to eat. With all the great restaurants in Dallas we will go somewhere else in the future.
- Lobster NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We love The Palm! We were lucky enough to be in Dallas during their Lobster Special. Always prepared perfectly! We split a 4 lb. lobster. So much fun and so good. Great wine and great friends. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- VERY Disappointed This NightDisappointedinTulsaDined on 8/29/2014We ALWAYS eat at The Palm (at least one night of our stay) when we are in Dallas. So much so, that I elected to join their "837 Club" for frequent diners. After our experience on 8/29/14, I'm highly considering requesting a refund on that membership. Poor service by the waitstaff AND manager on duty, my steak was cold and the "recook" was well under-cooked (was ordered medium rare), the manager had such a flippant attitude toward the whole situation that I took the time to speak with her personally on my way out...she still had an attitude at that time. Coming from a restaurant management background myself, I NEVER let a customer leave without making things right, whatever that took...Lauren (mgr) acted as if she could have cared less.Special Features:
- Service surpasses foodOtterDinerDined on 8/28/2014The waitstaff is amazing. The food, on the other hand, was just okay. We did the lobster special for my husband's birthday and it was just not at all impressive. Texture of the lobster was not flaky, but rather a bit gelatinous. The drawn butter did not seem to have any flavor, just warm and oily. The spinach side dish and lobster bisque were the saving grace of the evening. Note that if you can't finish the generous serving of the spinach, take it home and whip it into your eggs the next morning for an amazing dish!
- Birthday DinnerpikieterDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I went to the Palm to celebrate my 62 birthday. I have not been to the Palm since the late 80s in Houston. The service was impeccable as expected. We ordered the $99 4pound lobster for two. Presentation was lovely. The only problem was that the lobster was overcooked and tough. I don't know if this is a one-time problem or a continuing problem, but the table next to us didn't look burned like ours did. I remember the tails I used to get in Houston and was expecting the same. I was disappointed to say the least.Special Features:
- ReviewDiningReviewsDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was very clean and the wait staff was very helfull and on top of things like keeping the water glasses filled.aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster DinnerPlanoMikeDined on 8/23/2014We went for the 4# Lobster special and were not disappointed. It came with a great Caesar salad and a wheelbarrow full of Brussell Sprouts. The lobster was split perfectly and the server took the claw meat out for us. The service was excellent. The bread plate was good, though we ate only a few slices as the lobster was going to need a lot of room. The Key-Lime pie was very good as were the coffees. This may not be an inexpensive place, you get what you pay for even with a special, but it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Standards never change!Thanasi70Dined on 8/22/2014The Palm is a very impressive "Special Occasion" destination. Their professionalism along with attention to detail makes this a real favorite!Special Features:
- DinerDined on 8/22/2014Dining at the Palm is always excellent in every aspect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was first classLive4foodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were attended to by a charming young lady who made sure we did not lack anything, and allowed 2 hrs of vibrant conversation. We did not challenge the kitchen, but the lunch salads were great.Special Features:
- PatDDined on 8/21/2014Food good Service slow They were overwhelmed trying to service too many large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 8/20/2014Grxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeat value,food wonderful,Service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggVIPDined on 8/15/2014Once there was a great rest in the west end called the Palm but sorry to say no more. We arrived early for our res and asked to wait at the bar which was full and tried to sit at the counter which was full OF dirty dishes. Asking for them to be cleaned got us a dirty look. Sitting down the barstool was broken. Finally being seated the server immediately tried to tell us of specials or order, not very professional. When our 4 lb lobsters arrived they were over crooked. The palm has not been good since Al and Brian left. RIP PALM
- I go for the lobster special!lovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014I drive over to Dallas from Fort Worth to get my 4-6 pound lobster in the summer. The specials are fabulous and food alwAys good. The service this time was a little slow but there was a private party we were told that was seated at the same time. We keep going back and can't wait for my next lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 8/11/2014The portion sizes at this restaurant are ridiculous. My husband and I split a salad and I ordered an appetizer as an entree, and it was still too much. They also use way too much fat in their food preparation. The food tasted okay, but nothing extraordinary, which it should be for the prices. I think they charged us extra because we split a salad, which is especially annoying since we bought a $147 bottle of wine. We won't be back.
- 18th anniversary blissDallasdinerDined on 8/9/2014Great service, great food. With our reservation we had of course no problem getting a table, but the restaurant soon filled up completely but service and quality never suffered. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to be backTXMuleskinnerDined on 8/2/2014imagine my surprise when arriving and being met by the new manager. wow have things changed for the better. my waiter is one of the best. The Prime Rib was outstanding. Am looking forward to the changes being made to truly enjoy 'The Palm experience'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress needs some trainingDaveDined on 8/2/2014Food very good - secondary wait staff great ( water / bread / dishes). First time in dozen occasions that I was disappointed in our waitress - not up to speed on menu items / specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm nails itsharonVIPDined on 8/1/2014The lobster special was plentiful and succulent. The salads were spot on. Brussel sprouts -- yum. And the service was impeccable and friendly. An over all great eveningSpecial Features:
- All that one can ask....BobbymcDined on 7/31/2014We have made the Palm our special dining experience for our anniversary for several years now and will continue to do so. There aren't enough superlatives to cover our visits, the food, ambience and service.Special Features:
- Long time FavOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014The Palm continues to deliver on all accounts. Great steaks and lobster. Friendly service and perfect cocktails. Over the years its be consistent in all categories. Recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Group = Big FunCaptainDined on 7/19/2014Our group of 10 went for the lobster special and it was great..............Special Features:
- DukeDined on 7/17/2014Best lobster dinner I have ever had. Service was excellent. I recommend highly to everyone.Special Features:
- The Palm Does Not DisappointDisappointedinTulsaDined on 7/12/2014When we know we will be in Dallas, we ALWAYS make reservations at The Palm. The steaks are always impeccable, the lobster bisque to-die-for and the service is superior (thank you April and Sammy!!). The only negative aspect of the entire meal was that we felt the Brussels sprouts were a bit undercooked for our liking, but that is just a personal preference. The carrot cake was rich and decadent and the cappuccino was the perfect way to top the meal. Overall a fantastic experience and we WILL be back soon.Special Features:
- Lobster at the Palmdmeyer55Dined on 7/10/2014I grew up in Boston and there are no better lobsters on the planet than the giant 4-6 lb Nova Scotia lobsters at the Palm. The cold water not only makes the lobsters get twice as big as in Massachusetts but it also makes them incredibly tender. For the best lobster on the planet, check out the Palm. They are running a $99 special until August 31, 2014 which includes two salads, a 4 lb lobster and a side. I upgraded to a 5 lb lobster ofr an additional $15. Great deal. DaveSpecial Features:
- Love the PalmDebbieDined on 7/4/2014They are always welcoming and friendly. The food is outstanding! Specifically this visit was the bone in Ribeye and filet special. My husband loved dining there for his birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time with my wifeackelbeinVIPDined on 6/28/2014Had been here a few times and finally brought my wife. As always fantastic food and a good atmosphere.Special Features:
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great experience! We are lovers of a good steak and our expectations were exceeded! Cooked to perfection with tons of flavor! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonutinDined on 6/27/2014Lobster great and that's all . Service excellent. Drink prices outrageous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014We have never had a bad experience at the palm. Everyone there is always welcoming and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLAWRENCEDined on 6/25/2014Went to celebrate a promotion of a friend. Shared a 4 lb Lobster with mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse Chardonnay. Finished with 7 layer chocolate cake and Key Lime pie. For $350 I expected a lot more. The preliminary cocktails were watered, the lobster was overcooked, and the brussel sprouts were undercooked. The decaf cappacino cup was so hot I cold not hold it and had to request another cup. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Will not be going back. There are too many other restaurants in Dallas where the food is excellently prepared for this priceSpecial Features:
- It was a great experience.SuperDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed high quality food, exceptional service and they made celebrating a special occasion even more special. It was a Sunday night so it wasn't very crowded, which made it more quiet than usual. The summer lobster special is well worth it, and the sea bass was exceptional.Special Features:
- Food Fantastic but 837 Club a joke!sld007Dined on 6/21/2014I love going to the Palm! Last Saturday night, I took a very special girl on our second date there and it was wonderful. We had the $99 special for 4 lb. lobster plus two salads and a side. Great deal and I added two extra lbs. of lobster for only $30 total. The service was great, the atmosphere electric and romantic and my date loved everything! Only problem waitress couldn't find my 837 club number and I had to call today whereupon I was told that it had expired in 2009! I was never informed that this had happened! Also, I had just dined at the Palm in January and spent about $400 and was told that it would be applied to my membership! So strange! It is now going "up to corporate" whatever that means so 837 club get your act together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCREELDined on 6/21/2014Our night started at the bar where we were very happy with the service provided.dinner was off the charts, our server was very good and patient with our indecisive ordering,so much to choose from.we will defineately be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Nightlmoon2550Dined on 6/20/2014From the time we entered the night we knew the evening would be special. Relaxed and comfortable, but prompt service were the order of the evening. Charming server knew what to recommend. My son and I both had fish dishes that were beautifully cooked, my daughter had either beef or veal Oscar and my husband had a wonderful 4 lb lobster he raved over. Desserts were offered and I highly recommend the "Bag of Doughnuts". It's a very special dish.Special Features:
- Best Lobster in the Worlddmeyer55Dined on 6/18/2014We ordered the lobster dinner special for two. As I remembered the Nova Scotia 4lb lobster is one of the best on the planet due to the ice cold water found there. The hashbrowns, key lime pie and Grey Cellars (wine by the glass) were all equally amazing. I highly recommend the lobster at the Palm, which is on special all summer long!!Special Features: