Palm Restaurant - Chicago
323 East Wacker Drive
At the Swissotel
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Chicago
- Phone: (312) 616-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner Served Sunday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruben Izaguirre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Entertainment: Patio available for Groups
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Chicago
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. Palm Restaurant in Chicago has taken the windy city by storm with their exceptional service & mouthwatering dishes. Located in the luxurious Swisshotel, Palm has long been a favorite to Chicagoans. Regulars include members of the Chicago Bulls & Bears as well as Chicago's political notables. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (31)romantic (29)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- AmazingHappycamperDined on 11/22/2014I normally don't take time to review, I figure there are so many people vining every waking moment of their lives my input is not needed, or wanted, but I have to make an exception here. This is an outstanding restaurant, with professionals who know there product. It is becoming exceedingly rare to find a place where a server (and here server is a misnomer, I swear these are all star pros, every level, everywhere in the place) can accurately describe everything from a wine to a breadstick. I seriously do not waste other people's time with reviews, but please make an exception and come to this out of the way diamond in the east loop. So much is written about the new aqua development, Chicago has many great steak places, but I am not yanking chain when I say from the minute you walk in to the second you leave you are in great hands. We couldn't decide on a wine? Our amazing server sorted it. I am not a whole lobster fan? She showed me how to, if I wanted, then when I wavered she said lets go tail. My wife loves filet mignon, I wanted lobster, we were trying to sort out the wine? She came out with two carafes and said this is less expensive than what you were debating, and better. Find your way here. I know, far east loop. I also know there is some world renown steak place in the aqua development near Roundy's. Go there later. Come to the Palms, I promise you will not be let down. This is not a place that won't disappoint you. This is a place that will blow your mind. it is that good. You have your whole life to hit the trendy places. New steak house? Great. Wow, Aqua has a meat restaurant? Great, I will stop there some day. Go to the Palm today. I can't recommend enough. It is not a trip in time to the past due to decor, or cheesy dishes, relish trays, whatever. It is a trip back in time to a place and time when servers were pros, chefs were gods, and great food was the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to previous Palm standards.EclipseDined on 11/22/2014Not the best experience. Waitress insulted one of our diners by suggesting he order alcohol ( he is a recovering alcoholic). One diner ordered salmon/very disappointed. They could not post bill to room due to computer problem. One diner had wallet, put bill on his credit card. We must reimburse him now. It was very embarrassing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-lish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We had the Chilean Sea Bass & Lamb Chops. Both were cooked perfectly. The waitress was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak away from the crowdsStrawmanDined on 11/15/2014The food is always top notch here and our service was outstanding from our waitress (Bianca). The filet is very good and our table of 8 shared a dessert tray with carrot cake, cheese cake chocolate cake, mini-donuts, fruit and sauces for dipping. It was a perfect end to a wonderful dinner! Another person in our group got the Chilean Sea Bass that was on special and it looked amazing! She ate every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!!LaurelVIPDined on 11/13/2014We had a group of 11 for dinner and everyone was very complimentary of their meal. From the lobster to the steaks. Especially enjoyed the lettuce wedge and crab cakes. We shared desserts and the Key Lime Pie and Carrot cake were my favorites! Exceptional service! We had a private room and really made for an exceptional evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Great Restaurant with very good food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotel guestTFACEDined on 11/10/2014Was attending meeting at Swissotel, went for quick lunch - menu was fairly eclectic, service was prompt and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in the end a very nice nightDressesForDinnerDined on 11/9/2014I was dining alone so, when I made the reservation, I specifically asked for a quiet table, one not near a large group. I was seated at a table that was next to a table of eight with at least one toddler that also was right in the path that all of the incoming customers and waitstaff used. Not what I had in mind. To their credit, the staff noticed that I was not happy about the table and moved me to a booth after they had had a cancellation. The night was very nice from there on in. Very good food - although I thought that the lobster bisque could have had a bit more lobster and attentive serve. What seemed like was going to be an expensive disaster turned out to be an enjoyable interlude.Special Features:
- Great steak in a choppy settingluckysixDined on 11/8/2014Steak was great but the atmosphere was lacking. The restaurant, which is made up of a few separate rooms, looks like they retrofitted some back rooms and a former bar at the Swissotel, ie, like an afterthought. As we were being seated, they walked us through a half full main dining room to a back room that was almost empty. When we asked if we could sit where it was bit livelier, we were sat in an angled hallway between the bar and the half full main room. Maybe the main room is only for regulars? We always make an effort to eat at The Palm whenever there is one where we travel. The steak was what we've come to expect from The Palm, but there are a lot of places in Chicago where you can get a great steak.
- Great as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014This is the second Palm Restaurant I have been to. As expected, food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it was in the pastdining4Dined on 11/3/2014This was the third time that the food was disappointing. I live very close and my girlfriend and I would lunch at the Palm once a week. The food was always very good. For the past few months, the food was horrible. The lobster in the salad was old and the meat in the rueben sandwich was also old and rank. No, I did not complain or send the food back because the service was great and he never tried to rush us out. My friends food was equally bad. Im not going back.
- Intense aged beef flavorTopcatIllioisDined on 11/1/2014Possibly the best ribeye I've had in Chicago so far. Perfect aging rendered an intense beefy flavor, with just the right amount of char. Service was attentive and professional, without being overly fussy. Obviously, decor is fun, with all the caricatures on the wall, so my teenagers didn't feel out of place either. Excellent.Special Features:
- Not Worth The TripDaleDined on 11/1/2014I might return if I was staying at the Swiss Hotel and the weather was bad enough I could not get anywhere else. The potato soup was a flavor-less mush. My steak was a poor cut served plainly and over-priced for what one would expect. Best part of the meal was my wife's iceberg lettuce wedge and that mostly because it was so large. Our server was Very attentive and friendly. She would do well at a good restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/31/2014We always enjoy dining at The Palm and as usual were not disappointed. Our waitress was very pleasant and prompt.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Everyone raved about the food. They appreciate the special lunch menu. Bianca was great !!Special Features:
- The Palm and MeDoug4uDined on 10/28/2014Whenever I want to celebrate with an excellent steak and professional service, I go to The Palm. One of my all-time favorites.Special Features:
- Palm's SlippedDonPVIPDined on 10/25/2014As a member of Palm's VIP (837) Club, I am very familar with their restaurant and have been a frequent customer. However, our last experience was very disappointing and I let managment know it. The problem started at the reception desk when the hostess refused my request for my preferred serve saying "she was too busy" (although she was working the booths directly across from ours)and it went downhill from there. We were handed off to not less then four servers due to their "team" concept of service, (ending with our preferred server)! The result was delayed or dropped orders for drinks, food served at less then ideal temperatures and a general sense of disappointment by my wife and and myself that our "date night" had been spoiled.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014As always, dinner was EXCELLENT!!!! My filet was cooked to perfection as well as my spouses 18 oz NY...so flavorful!!! Our server was very friendly & informative. We will definitely be returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EatalotDined on 10/20/2014I went there for lunch with a client and the food was outstanding. My crab cakes were large and delicious with huge chunks of crab, and the seared tuna salad that my client enjoyed looked equally scrumptious! That will be the next thing I order, because I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- Great steak and shrimp.DukeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Steak was delicious and shrimp were awesome. Service very good! Lunch here good as well.Special Features:
- Good place but questionable servicenr77Dined on 10/17/2014the food was really good but the service was lacking at times. A couple people at the table ordered soup or salad but they waiter brought that was never brought to us. They also mixed up a couple of the steaks so people did not get their food the way they asked for it To be cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmKathleenVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food was top quality and service fabulous! Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FoodMatthewstim16Dined on 10/5/2014The filet mignon medium done was perfect. Just right amount of pink and the steak melted in my mouth, Waiter was very knowledgeable on the wine selection as well.Special Features:
- Reliably goodDaisyeatsVIPDined on 10/3/2014As always, the food was delicious, prepared as requested and attractively presented. The service by the waitress was a little slow on this occasion and the waitress forgot to bring one of the beverages until midway through the meal and was slow bringing us the check. That is the reason for the four star rating.Special Features:
- ConsistentWineNdineDined on 9/30/2014As expected food was outstanding, service this time sub par at best, this was a business dinner with new diners to the Palm, they were impressed with food, but disappointed with the serviceSpecial Features:
- Oh delicious palm!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014Being from out of town I figured I would treat myself to another palm dinner. Every one I've visited has been phenomenal - again doesn't disappoint. Fantastic bar scene, food, management. Once again hit it out of the park. Thanks Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service ever!BernieDined on 9/28/2014If you go, you MUST ask for Julian. He is by far the best server there !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak42Dined on 9/26/2014Staff was great food was outstanding flavour attention to detail was a givenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyMomSaysVIPDined on 9/26/2014It's a steak house. You know what to expect. The location dictated our choice to go there for a quick lunch. We had nice salads. Good service but pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't compete in Chi steak sceneKevinoVIPDined on 9/19/2014With so many great steak houses in Chicago, this one simply is not on the same level. Everything about the meal was on point, except for the most important part. Unless you're staying at Swissotel and don't want to leave the building, go across the river to one of the steak houses that really makes Chicago a great steak city.
- Great as alwaysDaisyeatsVIPDined on 9/19/2014We always enjoy eating in this wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere is lively, the service friendly and helpful and the food is delicious -- portions are generous, so plan accordingly. The steaks are prepared perfectly as requested, the lobster is a treat and their fish selection is excellent. They are very attentive to dietary needs and will prepare dishes without salt or extra seasonings on demand. Save room for their fabulous desserts!Special Features:
- Service and food was qualitysteckboyzDined on 9/12/2014We both had steak which was fantastic and the Brussels sprouts surprised us. We ordered the Los Vascos Le Dix Cabernet which made the meal one of the best we've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigBobDined on 9/10/2014You might think of The Palm and lobster as synonymous. As a lobster lover, I do. However, the beef and fish rank among the best in Chicago, and the rest of our party ordered and loved both. The service was, and always has been, personable and attentive. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. All of the above combines to make any occasion at The Palm perfect for any size group. It continues to be in my top 5 restaurants in Chicago.Special Features:
- Just loved it ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014It was actually surprising to find such large lobsters tasty. The steaks were excellent as per the Palm standard and the service very good as the staff were very polite, puntucal and diligent in completing their tasks. It was also nice to see the staff working as a team in getting the meals to the tables promptly. Had a great meal with friends and the Palm did their part.Special Features:
- not the sameDisappointedDined on 9/7/2014Palm Chicago doesn't have the "vibe" of the other Palms I have been to. Also, the place appears tired, needs updating and they should repair the ripped seat that I sat on in the booth. Not up to my or hopefully the Palms standards
- FantasticCDeckerDined on 9/6/2014The service was top notch. The staff was amazing. They went out of their way to make sure I was happy and the manager came around to make sure as well. The food was so good. When we come back to Chicago we plan to eat at The Palm every night were in town! Classy, up scale dining experience at it's finest. Thanks for a very memorable and delicious evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotbonlomDined on 9/3/2014Seated outside under umbrellas, nice view of the river, downtown. Had a great waitress...very patient, pleasant, efficient for a time-restricted lunch. Salads were fresh. Cheeseburger with onion straws was huge and well prepared. French fries were a little soggy, though. Pastrami sandwich was equally huge. Good experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014We had the lobster for two...it was excellent tasting with decent portions. The potato au-gratin - the best I've had. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfdrVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great lobster!! Only problem is that it is FREEZING cold there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual palm experienceAmigojVIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been to about a dozen different Palm restaurants around the US and decide to go here while visiting chicago. The food, service, and overall experience was as good here as it is at every other I've been toSpecial Features: