Palm Restaurant - Chicago
323 East Wacker Drive
At the Swissotel
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Chicago
- Phone: 3126161000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner Served Sunday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruben Izaguirre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Entertainment: Patio available for Groups
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Chicago
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. Palm Restaurant in Chicago has taken the windy city by storm with their exceptional service & mouthwatering dishes. Located in the luxurious Swisshotel, Palm has long been a favorite to Chicagoans. Regulars include members of the Chicago Bulls & Bears as well as Chicago's political notables. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)good for groups (41)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (30)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- Service and food was qualitysteckboyzDined on 9/12/2014We both had steak which was fantastic and the Brussels sprouts surprised us. We ordered the Los Vascos Le Dix Cabernet which made the meal one of the best we've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigBobDined on 9/10/2014You might think of The Palm and lobster as synonymous. As a lobster lover, I do. However, the beef and fish rank among the best in Chicago, and the rest of our party ordered and loved both. The service was, and always has been, personable and attentive. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. All of the above combines to make any occasion at The Palm perfect for any size group. It continues to be in my top 5 restaurants in Chicago.Special Features:
- Just loved it ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014It was actually surprising to find such large lobsters tasty. The steaks were excellent as per the Palm standard and the service very good as the staff were very polite, puntucal and diligent in completing their tasks. It was also nice to see the staff working as a team in getting the meals to the tables promptly. Had a great meal with friends and the Palm did their part.Special Features:
- not the sameDisappointedDined on 9/7/2014Palm Chicago doesn't have the "vibe" of the other Palms I have been to. Also, the place appears tired, needs updating and they should repair the ripped seat that I sat on in the booth. Not up to my or hopefully the Palms standards
- FantasticCDeckerDined on 9/6/2014The service was top notch. The staff was amazing. They went out of their way to make sure I was happy and the manager came around to make sure as well. The food was so good. When we come back to Chicago we plan to eat at The Palm every night were in town! Classy, up scale dining experience at it's finest. Thanks for a very memorable and delicious evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotbonlomDined on 9/3/2014Seated outside under umbrellas, nice view of the river, downtown. Had a great waitress...very patient, pleasant, efficient for a time-restricted lunch. Salads were fresh. Cheeseburger with onion straws was huge and well prepared. French fries were a little soggy, though. Pastrami sandwich was equally huge. Good experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014We had the lobster for two...it was excellent tasting with decent portions. The potato au-gratin - the best I've had. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfdrVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great lobster!! Only problem is that it is FREEZING cold there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual palm experienceAmigojVIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been to about a dozen different Palm restaurants around the US and decide to go here while visiting chicago. The food, service, and overall experience was as good here as it is at every other I've been toSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Did not complain because we wanted to experience the Palm in Chicago. Our meal was excellent just too much. Our fish portions were extremely large and were o.k. - not excellent, as we were expecting, Brussel sprouts were burnt and so was the topping of sugar on our crème burlee. Maybe they had a new chief that night but we expected better.Special Features:
- Typical steakhouse fareSullyLoverVIPDined on 8/20/2014The Palm is solid with service and the food is good. Lara took good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectBilinaDined on 8/20/2014The Palm has been one of our "go to" fine dining restaurants whenever we are in the city and always will be. Our 5 lb lobster dinner was wonderful, service top notch and after dinner drinks by bartenders Tone and Michela made our night. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OfferhappydinerDined on 8/20/2014As always our dinner was excellent. The Palm was offering a 5 lb. lobster for the price of the 4 LB. on their $99 special dinner for 2 including two starters and a side. We took advantage of the special and the lobster was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granddaughter's "Fancy Dinner"MenaDined on 8/15/2014Our granddaughter chose The Palm for her 'fancy dinner' out with Grandpa and I. It was her first time at the restaurant. She loved it! From the Bacon-Wrapped Scallops through the Lobster and finishing with Creme Brulee -- she loved every course. The wait staff was remarkable. Everything was perfect for a fancy restaurant dinner on the last evening of her vacation. I won't be surprised if she chooses The Palm again next year!Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014We were looking forward to having dinner and have previously had great service. Our latest dinner was disappointing. Our server took our drink order, my husband ordered a gin and tonic and a bottle of wine for dinner. The waiter brought the wine, poured it and my husband had to ask if the gin and tonic was coming, he responded it was being poured but still took awhile to arrive. We ordered, had our granddaughter with us. Her food came right away, we waited for ours. (Usually, the waiter/waitress ask If we want our granddaughters food at the same time). Our waiter spent more time at the booth next to us (from the conversation-with employees who came to dinner) chatting it up while we sat with dirty plates in front of us.
- Attentive ServiceFoodie55Dined on 8/7/2014The manager stopped by several times to ensure we were enjoying our meal and service. The cocktails were excellent, especially the Manhattan. But overall, I think the prices are too high for the quality of food. The food was good, no doubt, but not worth the steep price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal on the verandaWilmetterVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had the seared Ahi Tuna appetizer, and the lobster tail with a side of grilled artichokes for the dinner. Very delicious. We had a great view of the city north of the river, and fireworks to top it all off! Service was absolutely perfect even though we were the only ones sitting outside on a gorgeous night!Special Features:
- Perfect PatioLynDDined on 8/2/2014Dined on the patio - a delightful experience on a summer day. Somewhat private with beautiful flowers and a view of Navy Pier in the distance. What could be better! Can't believe we were the only people on the patio. My friend had the filet medallions 3-course power lunch - excellent deal for $25.90. I had Ahi Tuna off the ala cart menu. Both meals were good portions and flavorful. Our cocktails rocked and were generous size. Took my friend there for her birthday. I made a note about her birthday when I made the reservation through OpenTable. The Palm placed a birthday card on our table and candles on her dessert. The staff came out and sang to her. The restaurant, itself, is not impressive but the patio is worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1sttime4everythingDined on 7/30/2014I liked the experience, I expected more. The filets were awesome. Thought the lobster bisque would be tastier. It had a rustic taste to it. The crab cake entree was definitely generous. My salmon was not what i expected. I thought peppercorn crusted meant that the entire thing would be encrusted. Not just have peppercorn on top of it. For what we paid for a party of 5, wish we were 100% satisfied with everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!! The food was absolutely amazing but the service was even more amazing!! It had a great atmosphere and the food was out of this world! We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- DisappointingsfdrVIPDined on 7/19/2014After coming here for lobster every summer for as long as they have offered it, this last experience was a huge disappointment. The lobster was much smaller than we have ever had. The waitress was unattentive. The worst part was that the manager, when told of our experience could have cared less and did nothing to make us want to go back in spite of the fact that we are members of their dining program.
- DeeeeDined on 7/17/2014Their summer lobster special is fantastic!!! As a club member, their is always a reason to dine at the Palm. It fits all occassions as well as business dinners. The staff is always accomodating and friendly. Easy place to get to and the riverfront view is a great backdrop for outside dinning.Special Features:
- Great Steaksluv2dineVIPDined on 7/16/2014The Palm Chicago is just like the other Palm Restaurants - great steaks, great food, wonderful service - a nice evening whether you are with a group, your boss, or your family. Steady as she goes. Very consistent. And Steaks cooked perfectly. There are many steak restaurants in most cities, but The Palm continues to rank among the best.Special Features:
- Impressive to guestsskinsawDined on 7/12/2014My most recent visit was to entertain out of town guests. They throughly enjoyed the lobster dinner and were very impressed with the stellar service and old charm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster-Wow!LobsterLoversDined on 7/10/2014We tried the 5 lb lobster special that was going on. It did not disappoint! The size of the lobster was more than two of us could eat, the flavor was the best of any lobster I have ever eaten. The presentation was great! It came with choice of salad or soup and one side. The size of the side was huge! Two of us could not eat it all. All of the food was just so good. We had a good server and he was very helpful. This was our first time to try the Palm and we are anxious to go back. I understand they are well known for their bone in filets, may have to try that sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrincessVIPDined on 7/9/2014Always a pleasure and they take such good care of their patrons. Never have a bad meal. Their, 9 oz filet, cooked to perfection. The tuna, always a gorgeous delight. Nothing ever goes wrong there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food for a high priceDogMomTravelVIPDined on 7/9/2014Unfortunately, a disappointing and expensive lunch. While I ordered steak, so I get the expensive, it was pretty flavorless and overlooked. The waiter never even asked/checked. The green beans were very blah. My guest had a salad. Two soft drinks and it came to $75. Not money well spent
- DisappointingMJW1Dined on 7/4/2014While The Palm was highly rated, we found the food less than ordinary; I could do markedly better at home. For the price, I'd expect the Chef to be able to accommodate my food sensitivities, and they were not able to with any amount of skill or finesse. Terrible service. We didn't see our waittress once after our food was brought. Very disappointing. I wouldn't recommend.
- Disappointing experience.BillDined on 7/3/2014Our dinner for 2 was a disappointing experience considering the check was over $160 (before the tip) with 2 glasses of wine and no desserts. Our steaks were okay - but nothing exceptional. Veggies were terrible - brussels sprouts were undercooked, hard and chewy and bitter. The spinach was not good either. The lobster bisque was served luke warm and it wasn't very tasty. Service by our waiter, Paul, was good. There are too many great restaurants in the loop area of Chicago. We made a mistake in choosing this one and definitely do not recommend it. We could have had a much better dining experience for a lot less $$$ elsewhere. When we first arrived we wondered why there were so many empty tables. By the end of our meal we knew why.Special Features:
- not worth the procwpalmtreeDined on 6/28/2014I am from Kansas City MO, wanted to get nice sea food steak dinner with my girl friend. we had the surf and turf, steak was over seared, lobster was rubbery... Calamari was fantastic though. I eat at nice steak houses in KC all the time with my company, and in short food was not worth the price.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014We always have a wonderful dinner every time we dine at The Palm. We started off with an amazing shrimp cocktail that was so fresh and delicious. I ordered the crab cakes that were huge and very tasty. My husband had the Chilean sea bass that was blackened. It was really delicious. We also had a side of hash browns that was great. Our server was excellent and very good about checking with the kitchen for my dietary restrictions as I am lactose intolerant. We would highly recommend this restaurant. They also have amazing lobsters and steaks. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Good Convenient Conference LunchKMBrowserDined on 6/25/2014Conveniently located by the "Conference" hotels on LaSalle & near Michigan, the Palm is a good place to have a business lunch. It gets crowded and the tables don't offer much privacy unless you get a private room, but the staff is professional and they do a good job. Management and the reception staff were accommodating, understanding and attentive to our needs. The food was tasty, creative, and more than enough to satisfy everyone. All in all it was a convenient, pleasant experience.
- Terrific Lunch Spot -- Great ValueRonnieODined on 6/16/2014This is my idea of a perfect lunch venue--for a lunch that's more expensive than a quick, super-casual lunch, but also offers tremendous bang for the buck. The "3-Course Power Lunch" is absurdly cheap for what you get: First, a Mixed Green Salad, a Classic Caesar Salad or the Chef's Soup of the Day, then their outstanding Chicken Parmigiana, or the equally good, Atlantic Salmon Fillet, the Chef's Fresh Fish Special of the Day, or Filet Mignon Medallions "a la Stone" (with your choice of "Half & Half" (homemade potato chips and onion straws), the Vegetable of the Day or Linguine Marinara, and then a slice of Flourless Chocolate Cake or New York Style Cheesecake. I think their Caesar Salad is the best in the city!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayXraylfhVIPDined on 6/15/2014The Palm has never failed me. This restaurant is a favorite of my entire family. Let me begin by saying the bar is extraordinary. They make exceptional cocktails and they make them perfectly. As far as dinner, we had clams oreginato which were excellent. The steaks are the best in Chicago. We have tried every single top end steak house in the city and this always is as good, or too be honest, better. Finally, service is always top notch with servers that are well versed in the menu and wines. I just don't think you can go wrong at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our PalmBcmnDined on 6/12/2014OK. Food was good. Waiter did not smile once while we were there. A bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodkariDined on 6/7/2014This place never fails to amaze with the quality of food. The décor is not updated, but once your food arrives, you don't look up anyway!Special Features:
- Fantastic Lobster PromotionlobsterfanDined on 6/7/2014We were seated in the room near the patio, which is my preference. The tables are farther apart and you have an open view of outside. The inner area of the restaurant has a little more ambiance but it tends to be closer and therefore louder. Steaks at the Palm are juicy, tender, of excellent flavor. The lobster special for two is plenty of food! The lobster was sweet and tender. The wait staff assistant wasn't very adept at removing the lobster from the shell so we ended up asking for lobster crackers and finishing it ourselves. The sides are average on the whole. The wine list is adequate. I've visited the Palm in every city I've been to that has one and in each one the strength of the restaurant is the steaks and lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timerICKVIPDined on 6/6/2014Always a great time and great food and service. Never hesitate to have guests/clients meet me there. Always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best place to enjoyrICKVIPDined on 6/3/2014I love this place. Great service great food, great people! Highly recommend. Lunch, dinner and the desert! WOW! Enjoy.Special Features:
- perhaps the worlds best restaurantBJQCARMANDined on 6/2/2014Whether you are a steak guy or a seafood junkie, the Palm is Hands down the best fine dining steak & Seafood restaurant I have ever eaten at world wide. Been to the Flemmings and chophouses which are also great, but if you love huge lobsters with your steak, then get 3 friends and spilt 2 big steaks and a 6 pound lobster. Cheap--NO, but the best meal you will ever eat? YES!. Also, we love clams and their clams casino is so good that the plate they serve it in is a second surprise appetiser because you will sop up the juice with bread after the clams are gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.