Palm Restaurant - Chicago
323 East Wacker Drive
At the Swissotel
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Chicago
- Phone: 3126161000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner Served Sunday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruben Izaguirre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Entertainment: Patio available for Groups
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Chicago
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. Palm Restaurant in Chicago has taken the windy city by storm with their exceptional service & mouthwatering dishes. Located in the luxurious Swisshotel, Palm has long been a favorite to Chicagoans. Regulars include members of the Chicago Bulls & Bears as well as Chicago's political notables. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (35)romantic (28)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Palm's SlippedDonPVIPDined on 10/25/2014As a member of Palm's VIP (837) Club, I am very familar with their restaurant and have been a frequent customer. However, our last experience was very disappointing and I let managment know it. The problem started at the reception desk when the hostess refused my request for my preferred serve saying "she was too busy" (although she was working the booths directly across from ours)and it went downhill from there. We were handed off to not less then four servers due to their "team" concept of service, (ending with our preferred server)! The result was delayed or dropped orders for drinks, food served at less then ideal temperatures and a general sense of disappointment by my wife and and myself that our "date night" had been spoiled.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014As always, dinner was EXCELLENT!!!! My filet was cooked to perfection as well as my spouses 18 oz NY...so flavorful!!! Our server was very friendly & informative. We will definitely be returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EatalotDined on 10/20/2014I went there for lunch with a client and the food was outstanding. My crab cakes were large and delicious with huge chunks of crab, and the seared tuna salad that my client enjoyed looked equally scrumptious! That will be the next thing I order, because I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- Great steak and shrimp.DukeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Steak was delicious and shrimp were awesome. Service very good! Lunch here good as well.Special Features:
- Good place but questionable servicenr77Dined on 10/17/2014the food was really good but the service was lacking at times. A couple people at the table ordered soup or salad but they waiter brought that was never brought to us. They also mixed up a couple of the steaks so people did not get their food the way they asked for it To be cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmKathleenVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food was top quality and service fabulous! Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FoodMatthewstim16Dined on 10/5/2014The filet mignon medium done was perfect. Just right amount of pink and the steak melted in my mouth, Waiter was very knowledgeable on the wine selection as well.Special Features:
- Reliably goodDaisyeatsVIPDined on 10/3/2014As always, the food was delicious, prepared as requested and attractively presented. The service by the waitress was a little slow on this occasion and the waitress forgot to bring one of the beverages until midway through the meal and was slow bringing us the check. That is the reason for the four star rating.Special Features:
- ConsistentWineNdineDined on 9/30/2014As expected food was outstanding, service this time sub par at best, this was a business dinner with new diners to the Palm, they were impressed with food, but disappointed with the serviceSpecial Features:
- Oh delicious palm!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014Being from out of town I figured I would treat myself to another palm dinner. Every one I've visited has been phenomenal - again doesn't disappoint. Fantastic bar scene, food, management. Once again hit it out of the park. Thanks Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service ever!BernieDined on 9/28/2014If you go, you MUST ask for Julian. He is by far the best server there !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak42Dined on 9/26/2014Staff was great food was outstanding flavour attention to detail was a givenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyMomSaysVIPDined on 9/26/2014It's a steak house. You know what to expect. The location dictated our choice to go there for a quick lunch. We had nice salads. Good service but pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't compete in Chi steak sceneKevinoVIPDined on 9/19/2014With so many great steak houses in Chicago, this one simply is not on the same level. Everything about the meal was on point, except for the most important part. Unless you're staying at Swissotel and don't want to leave the building, go across the river to one of the steak houses that really makes Chicago a great steak city.
- Great as alwaysDaisyeatsVIPDined on 9/19/2014We always enjoy eating in this wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere is lively, the service friendly and helpful and the food is delicious -- portions are generous, so plan accordingly. The steaks are prepared perfectly as requested, the lobster is a treat and their fish selection is excellent. They are very attentive to dietary needs and will prepare dishes without salt or extra seasonings on demand. Save room for their fabulous desserts!Special Features:
- Service and food was qualitysteckboyzDined on 9/12/2014We both had steak which was fantastic and the Brussels sprouts surprised us. We ordered the Los Vascos Le Dix Cabernet which made the meal one of the best we've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigBobDined on 9/10/2014You might think of The Palm and lobster as synonymous. As a lobster lover, I do. However, the beef and fish rank among the best in Chicago, and the rest of our party ordered and loved both. The service was, and always has been, personable and attentive. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. All of the above combines to make any occasion at The Palm perfect for any size group. It continues to be in my top 5 restaurants in Chicago.Special Features:
- Just loved it ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014It was actually surprising to find such large lobsters tasty. The steaks were excellent as per the Palm standard and the service very good as the staff were very polite, puntucal and diligent in completing their tasks. It was also nice to see the staff working as a team in getting the meals to the tables promptly. Had a great meal with friends and the Palm did their part.Special Features:
- not the sameDisappointedDined on 9/7/2014Palm Chicago doesn't have the "vibe" of the other Palms I have been to. Also, the place appears tired, needs updating and they should repair the ripped seat that I sat on in the booth. Not up to my or hopefully the Palms standards
- FantasticCDeckerDined on 9/6/2014The service was top notch. The staff was amazing. They went out of their way to make sure I was happy and the manager came around to make sure as well. The food was so good. When we come back to Chicago we plan to eat at The Palm every night were in town! Classy, up scale dining experience at it's finest. Thanks for a very memorable and delicious evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotbonlomDined on 9/3/2014Seated outside under umbrellas, nice view of the river, downtown. Had a great waitress...very patient, pleasant, efficient for a time-restricted lunch. Salads were fresh. Cheeseburger with onion straws was huge and well prepared. French fries were a little soggy, though. Pastrami sandwich was equally huge. Good experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014We had the lobster for two...it was excellent tasting with decent portions. The potato au-gratin - the best I've had. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfdrVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great lobster!! Only problem is that it is FREEZING cold there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual palm experienceAmigojVIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been to about a dozen different Palm restaurants around the US and decide to go here while visiting chicago. The food, service, and overall experience was as good here as it is at every other I've been toSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Did not complain because we wanted to experience the Palm in Chicago. Our meal was excellent just too much. Our fish portions were extremely large and were o.k. - not excellent, as we were expecting, Brussel sprouts were burnt and so was the topping of sugar on our crème burlee. Maybe they had a new chief that night but we expected better.Special Features:
- Typical steakhouse fareSullyLoverVIPDined on 8/20/2014The Palm is solid with service and the food is good. Lara took good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectBilinaDined on 8/20/2014The Palm has been one of our "go to" fine dining restaurants whenever we are in the city and always will be. Our 5 lb lobster dinner was wonderful, service top notch and after dinner drinks by bartenders Tone and Michela made our night. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OfferhappydinerDined on 8/20/2014As always our dinner was excellent. The Palm was offering a 5 lb. lobster for the price of the 4 LB. on their $99 special dinner for 2 including two starters and a side. We took advantage of the special and the lobster was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granddaughter's "Fancy Dinner"MenaDined on 8/15/2014Our granddaughter chose The Palm for her 'fancy dinner' out with Grandpa and I. It was her first time at the restaurant. She loved it! From the Bacon-Wrapped Scallops through the Lobster and finishing with Creme Brulee -- she loved every course. The wait staff was remarkable. Everything was perfect for a fancy restaurant dinner on the last evening of her vacation. I won't be surprised if she chooses The Palm again next year!Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014We were looking forward to having dinner and have previously had great service. Our latest dinner was disappointing. Our server took our drink order, my husband ordered a gin and tonic and a bottle of wine for dinner. The waiter brought the wine, poured it and my husband had to ask if the gin and tonic was coming, he responded it was being poured but still took awhile to arrive. We ordered, had our granddaughter with us. Her food came right away, we waited for ours. (Usually, the waiter/waitress ask If we want our granddaughters food at the same time). Our waiter spent more time at the booth next to us (from the conversation-with employees who came to dinner) chatting it up while we sat with dirty plates in front of us.
- Attentive ServiceFoodie55Dined on 8/7/2014The manager stopped by several times to ensure we were enjoying our meal and service. The cocktails were excellent, especially the Manhattan. But overall, I think the prices are too high for the quality of food. The food was good, no doubt, but not worth the steep price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal on the verandaWilmetterVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had the seared Ahi Tuna appetizer, and the lobster tail with a side of grilled artichokes for the dinner. Very delicious. We had a great view of the city north of the river, and fireworks to top it all off! Service was absolutely perfect even though we were the only ones sitting outside on a gorgeous night!Special Features:
- Perfect PatioLynDDined on 8/2/2014Dined on the patio - a delightful experience on a summer day. Somewhat private with beautiful flowers and a view of Navy Pier in the distance. What could be better! Can't believe we were the only people on the patio. My friend had the filet medallions 3-course power lunch - excellent deal for $25.90. I had Ahi Tuna off the ala cart menu. Both meals were good portions and flavorful. Our cocktails rocked and were generous size. Took my friend there for her birthday. I made a note about her birthday when I made the reservation through OpenTable. The Palm placed a birthday card on our table and candles on her dessert. The staff came out and sang to her. The restaurant, itself, is not impressive but the patio is worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1sttime4everythingDined on 7/30/2014I liked the experience, I expected more. The filets were awesome. Thought the lobster bisque would be tastier. It had a rustic taste to it. The crab cake entree was definitely generous. My salmon was not what i expected. I thought peppercorn crusted meant that the entire thing would be encrusted. Not just have peppercorn on top of it. For what we paid for a party of 5, wish we were 100% satisfied with everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!! The food was absolutely amazing but the service was even more amazing!! It had a great atmosphere and the food was out of this world! We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- DisappointingsfdrVIPDined on 7/19/2014After coming here for lobster every summer for as long as they have offered it, this last experience was a huge disappointment. The lobster was much smaller than we have ever had. The waitress was unattentive. The worst part was that the manager, when told of our experience could have cared less and did nothing to make us want to go back in spite of the fact that we are members of their dining program.
- DeeeeDined on 7/17/2014Their summer lobster special is fantastic!!! As a club member, their is always a reason to dine at the Palm. It fits all occassions as well as business dinners. The staff is always accomodating and friendly. Easy place to get to and the riverfront view is a great backdrop for outside dinning.Special Features:
- Great Steaksluv2dineVIPDined on 7/16/2014The Palm Chicago is just like the other Palm Restaurants - great steaks, great food, wonderful service - a nice evening whether you are with a group, your boss, or your family. Steady as she goes. Very consistent. And Steaks cooked perfectly. There are many steak restaurants in most cities, but The Palm continues to rank among the best.Special Features:
- Impressive to guestsskinsawDined on 7/12/2014My most recent visit was to entertain out of town guests. They throughly enjoyed the lobster dinner and were very impressed with the stellar service and old charm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster-Wow!LobsterLoversDined on 7/10/2014We tried the 5 lb lobster special that was going on. It did not disappoint! The size of the lobster was more than two of us could eat, the flavor was the best of any lobster I have ever eaten. The presentation was great! It came with choice of salad or soup and one side. The size of the side was huge! Two of us could not eat it all. All of the food was just so good. We had a good server and he was very helpful. This was our first time to try the Palm and we are anxious to go back. I understand they are well known for their bone in filets, may have to try that sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.