Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
6705-B Phillips Place Court
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Charlotte
- Phone: 7045527256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Colin Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant private dining rooms are perfect for every event! Whether it’s a business lunch for 10 or an extravagant dinner for 200, our expert sales manager will see to every detail, leaving you to take the bows. Ask about our Meeting Planner Rewards program. Receive points towards exclusive rewards when you book your event at Palm Restaurant ~ even if you don’t pay for the bill! For more information, please contact our dedicated Sales Manager or submit an online Private Dining Request at www.thepalm.com.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Whicker 7045527450
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in Charlotte's SouthPark neighborhood, Palm Restaurant is a destination along the brick walkways of the upscale Phillips Place shopping center, and lies minutes away from SouthPark mall, another premier retail attraction. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (43)romantic (40)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (14)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Never MissesgfishkinDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at the Charlotte Palm many times and the service is always impeccable, the food is outstanding and the ambiance is relaxing. You can't get a bad meal at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!MommaMouseVIPDined on 8/30/2014We haven't been to the Palm in 15 years - knowing it's a chain our first experience years ago was ok but was completely surprised this time. Food was great, service, ambiance was all wonderful. Had a great time and would recommend the Palm!Special Features:
- BettyeDined on 8/30/2014Staff was great as was the food. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!MareDined on 8/29/2014We have never been to the palm before. Where we sat we could watch the servers greeting repeat customers like family. They were efficient, like an well oiled machine. The lights were nicely dimmed and added to the comfortable ambiance. It is a little pricy, but it will be my go to restaurant for any special occasion. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014As always enjoy an evening at the Palm...however, prices have definitely risen and the $17 martini is just a bit much for anybody's purse! Yes, it's a good "pour" but there are other places in town to do the same and not at this price. The salad, appetizer, service ..all very nice...but the steak was tasteless. .. this used to be my favorite night on the town go to...maybe there's just too many other choices to compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Clearly one of the best restaurants in Charlotte. Great food and lively atmosphere. The service level is unmatched, and the Maitre'd is the best in the business. He really knows how to take care of customersSpecial Features:
- Dependably excellent....Foodie1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday at The Palm. Wonderful service from entrance to departure. Manager (Joey) is attentive to customers. Service was exemplary--attentive without being intrusive. Drew, our server, was informed, friendly and helpful. The lobster special was enjoyed by 2 at our table and we had 2 steaks. The rib eye was described as the "best I've ever had". The NY strip was good but, perhaps, not quite up to that level of adoration. The lobster was delectable. Sides were ample and tasty (especially the "half and half"). The decor lends itself to a fine dining experience. The wine special (a Washington state red) was complementary to our meal. Overall, a fine experience worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastelessDined on 8/23/2014It wasn't the "best" dining experience for us!! The Caesar salad had very little flavor-almost tasteless! We shared the 4lb. lobster dinner. Very disappointing as the lobster meat was extremely "tough". It was a very special birthday celebration for my husband-didn't turn out as so. We enjoy fine dining and this wasn't even close.
- Enjoyable eveningLobsterFest2014Dined on 8/21/2014My whole dining experience at the Palm was wonderful, friendly,staff. Just a nice all around good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansusanDined on 8/20/2014You can always count on great food and superior service at The Palm - first class all the way. It was jamming during 5-lb lobster night!Special Features:
- smittyDined on 8/20/2014The lobster offering was one we wanted to try for sometime but found it disappointing. The claw meat seemed to be overcooked as it was very hard to get. The Caesar salad was little more than some iceberg lettuce with a few croutons thrown onto a plate with little dressing, or taste to the dressing. Overall would not return for lobster dinner.Special Features:
- DiannePalmettoDined on 8/20/2014Making a reservation on Open Table is very convenient and easy. Thank you for this option. I will continue to use the site.Special Features:
- Fun Night Outbreakingbread2Dined on 8/8/2014Great food. Exceptional service. Shane and the staff were very personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was on my listKiskaDined on 8/3/2014Dining in Palm Restaurant was on my list of the best places to go. I was really pleased with my experience in your restaurant. Only one thing was negative. Several times I mentioned that I brought my loved one to this place to celebrate his birthday and I have not had even simple verbal human respond "Happy birthday!". We did not expect any "freebies", but at least some little attention to this matter was considered....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nickybDined on 8/1/2014A friend and I had a very pleasant evening here. Waiter was very attentive and we were not rushed, altho' restaurant was very busy. Both our entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best dinner here.sdklfjsaldkVIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner was ok. I had a lobster and my date had a filet. Lobster was tasty, but the butter was barely warm. Filet was very good. Service was ok, but waiter seemed unconcerned when I pointed out a chipped water glass that nicked my lip. Overall, ok dinner but they can and have done better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatTrustFundFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our meals were excellent. This is the place to come and enjoy great lobster and steak. I've been to multiple plans throughout the USA and all bare the same standard if quality, service, and presentation. There are no surprises, and I mean that in a good way. The potions are massive. The prices reflect the high standard of quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our first time at this Palm. Terrific meal and a terrific evening. The Palm never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of Old SchoolComitisDined on 7/23/2014We went to the Palm restaurant for my husband's birthday. Initially we were seated at a 2-top obstructed by a pillar and in the major traffic flow of servers and patrons. We asked to be moved to a more intimate table. They immediately placed us in a booth. The owner of the Carolina Panthers passed by our table, the Palm is known for local celebrity watching. It is sort of old school - decor of restaurants from the 50s and 60s. The walls are full of images of local and national celebrities and politicos - some with autographs. My husband had the ribeye steak and he said it was excellent. I had a Palm signature dish Veal Martini, it had a delicate almost bland taste. The chocolate cake for dessert was fabulous. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014After being to the Palm Too MANY MANY TIMES, this meal was unsatisfactory. After the initial disappointment of no raw bar items, we were brought a basket of cold mediocre bread which was missing the coveted onion roll. We were served well cooked and tasty steak a la stone which was not quite the same, creamed spinach was mostly a gloppy béchamel with green flecks, and french fries (when we ordered cottage fries). To end the meal we had inadequate creme brûlée, due to the thin and under done top. While it is understood that The Palm in places other than New York is feeding the "masses," it is pretty sad that they are unable to duplicate the perfection of what happens on 44th and 2nd, especially when you're paying $100+ per person.
- Consistently Excellent!CltdonDined on 7/22/2014The Palm Charlotte never disappoints. Joey and the staff there are real pros. Great bar, patio, etc...but front to back service is what separates Palm from other Charlotte competitors....and predictably great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timmDined on 7/19/20144lbs lobster speical was not 4 lbs not worth 99.00$ made reservation for anniversary did not reconize the ocation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and turflexusgirlDined on 7/12/2014All 4 of our party ordered the pecails surf and turf, a filet minion with 3 ozs of lobster on top. My husbands filet was overcooked, mine was fine and so were the others but the three ozs of lobster was a joke. It MAY have been 3 ozs but it obviously was what was l;eft over after they sold the lobster tail and big claws. It was not good. The side of triple cheese potatoes were good but so rich you could hardly eat it. The ceasar salad and mixed salads were good, the bread was good but for the money, the food is overated and way overpriced.Special Features:
- Another super dining experiencePepperminDined on 7/12/2014The lobster special is outstanding. Great deal, although not cheap, but worth the money. Our server, Shane, took excellent care of us. We always enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- LovelyTheSuzDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated 3 July birthdays by coming for the lobster special. We chose a 6 lb lobster and it certainly was enough to feed 3, however, at that size, maybe it was not as tender or sweet as smaller lobsters we have had at The Palm before. Our son-in-law had the 9 oz filet, cooked medium well and it was perfect. It was so good that even though I prefer mine medium rare, I still thought it delicious. We shared the tomatoe/mozarella salad and the asparagus fritti and ate every bite. For dessert a gigantic piece of chocolate cake easily served 4 of us without overdoing it. We will return this summer for more of the great lobsters and in the winter for the steaks!Special Features:
- Needs improvementLuv2skiDined on 7/11/2014We were very disappointed in the quality of food. We had to send a steak back because it was over done. It was supposed to be medium rare and it was well done. The lobster was just ok, not as juicy and sweet as it should have been. Their cooking method dries it out a little. We were very disappointed because this is one of our favorite restaurants in Charlotte.Special Features:
- Great Service!FSU837Dined on 7/11/2014Matthew who was my waiter was a very accommodating server. He knew how to create a surf and turf for a single diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience for AnniversaryTDCLTDined on 7/9/2014Amazing Service. Lamb was perfect with their special mint sauce made in house. The only reason for the 4 instead of 5 for food is the wedge salad. They soak the lettuce in a vinegar base dressing that overpowers the rest of the salad. Other than that - the evening of Anniversary Celebration was perfect.Special Features:
- I was hoping The Palm would beMikeADined on 7/5/2014I was hoping The Palm would be special, but it wasn't to be. Maybe an off night, but the steaks were undercooked and had to be sent back. It came back still undercooked. The lobster was overcooked. The restaurant did make good on the tab, but I don't know if I will give them another chance.
- Son's 16th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Visiting Charlotte for my son's 16th birthday. Great choice for a special occasion. Order the 36oz steak for three hungry eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014food is always good and service is wonderful, all the resturants shuold take a lesson for there servers on how to treat there customers.Special Features:
- Joey is the PalmGymshoeVIPDined on 7/2/2014Joey is the Palm and the Palm is Joey. If it weren't for him, it just wouldn't be the same dining experience. He makes sure that you feel comfortable being in his restaurant. Then he makes sure that the entire dining experience is perfect. Many places serve a steak. Joey serves a steak experience!Special Features:
- Great DiningonceinawhileDined on 6/27/2014The Palm is a well established restaurant in the tradition of an old time steak house. The service is excellent from the time you leave your car with the parking attendant, then be greeted by the hostess, and then served by the attentive service staff and finally by the rapid return of your car. The food is extraordinary. We had the summer special. As an appetizer, I had the lobster bisque - it was superb as usual. My wife had a Cesar salad - also excellent. The main course, a filet topped with lobster was prepared perfectly. As sides we ordered a baked potato & mushrooms. The potato was huge, we cut it in half and each had an ample serving. Capachino & espresso with a shared piece of carrot cake toped off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EverettOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent spot for a meal with friend(s), business associate(s), family, holiday or to celebrate a special occasion - the food and service are excellent, regardless of the occasion or size of the group - the SouthPark location adds to the occasion for locals or visitors --Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014It was freezing inside so we moved outside. There was nothing notable to complain about other than the cigar smoker. Fortunately he left before our food came. Service was a little slow probably because we were one of only two tables outside with customers. Food was good (lobster) with salads, sides and desert but nothing to write home about. Average chain restaurant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceChi88Dined on 6/23/2014Last year we were at the restaurant twice, the food was supper, the service was top notch. But this year, something has changed, we feel like we were pushed or rushed through the whole dinner. When we really wanted to take our time and enjoy the experience, yet for several times through out the dinner, we were asked "are you done with your salad? Can we take your food away?" when clearly my husband was still eating his salad, while he was enjoying his salad, twice he was asked " Can I take the salad away for you?" twice the guy was reached out to remove his plate while he was eating. We were not very happy about the whole experience, we may or may not go back again. The Lobster is kind of dry, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRYING HARDERkspatzDined on 6/21/2014FROM THE TIME I MADE MY RESERVATION TILL I PAID MY CHECK WE HAD AN EXTRA GREAT EVENING. FOOD, SERVICE, VALUE ALL EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellentCelebrateVIPDined on 6/16/2014Our server was Matthew M was great be attentive and offering suggestions. We were celebrating my husband birthday and Father's Day the food was terrific. We had the bone-in filet, lobster and the slater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's B'day surprise +3 couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Arrived on our reservation time via limo, had to wait at bar for 15 minutes for our table to be ready. 7 drinks, $160. Service was commendable from this point forward, food was delicious and prepared perfectly. The bill was $1300+ had a Great time. Recommend it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lobster dinner specialJoyceDined on 6/14/2014The lobster dinner special was terrific. This is the second year we have taken advantage of this special. Some of the best lobster in Charlotte!Special Features: