Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
6705-B Phillips Place Court
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Charlotte
- Phone: 7045527256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Colin Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant private dining rooms are perfect for every event! Whether it’s a business lunch for 10 or an extravagant dinner for 200, our expert sales manager will see to every detail, leaving you to take the bows. Ask about our Meeting Planner Rewards program. Receive points towards exclusive rewards when you book your event at Palm Restaurant ~ even if you don’t pay for the bill! For more information, please contact our dedicated Sales Manager or submit an online Private Dining Request at www.thepalm.com.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Whicker 7045527450
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in Charlotte's SouthPark neighborhood, Palm Restaurant is a destination along the brick walkways of the upscale Phillips Place shopping center, and lies minutes away from SouthPark mall, another premier retail attraction. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (42)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent Dining ExperienceALREZDined on 10/18/2014Went for a special dinner with my girlfriend's elderly parents. The cocktails we ordered were fantastic. The food was delicious. We had the 3 lb. lobsters which were taken out of the shell. They even asked if we wanted to see the cooked lobster before they took it out of the shell. We also had sauteed asparagus and the onion straws for sides which were excellent. For desert the key lime was really really good. The staff were extremely helpful, even bringing pillows to the booth to put behind the backs of her parents. Our waitress, Lisa, was once of the nicest servers we have met and we frequent many restaurants. Kudos to the Palm in Charlotte, they have a great staff that really work together and support one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealkellyjillDined on 10/17/2014As usual, The Palm served a wonderful dinner. No matter which Palm we patronize, the dinners are always great. Steaks, lobster and veal parmigiana are always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a long absence -FoodFansDined on 10/17/2014Returned to a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Both the snapper special and the sea bass were generously portioned, expertly presented and delicious! Our wait staff, led by Alex, were attentive and delightful. It was so good to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Nice place for special occasion. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Tried the palm this past week end ,Phillips place. We have been Sullivans people for many years ,seems like things have changed at Sullivans over the last few years and not to the better. We loved the Palm and will be back ,the wedge was exceptional.Special Features:
- Simply the best SteakBusinessTravelerDined on 10/3/2014This place is as testosterone laden as it will get. My wife doesn't love the restaurant, but she sure LOVES the food. As she said when she took me there for my birthday recently, everything they do, they just do it perfectly. I have enjoyed dinner in almost every Palm restaurant there is in the US and each one is fantastic. Charlotte is no different. Bone-in ribeye is my favorite unless they have the NY Strip special with the jalapeno chutney (though I think I got that one in NY). Also, if you don't get the goat cheese whipped mash potatoes, then we just can't be friends. Best crab cake you will ever have. Wedge salad is amazing and the green beans with pancetta are magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014Very expensive for not great steaks. Service was terrible. Steaks were leathery. Sides were poor. Will not be back to this location.
- great service food avg.BradDined on 9/27/2014This was the second time my wife and I have there 1st time everything was outstanding (had the fillet) this time i had the 3 lbs. Lobster Way over cook very disappointed. Service was great drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always!AliceDined on 9/27/2014Once again, we had a perfect dining experience at The Palm. We chose to sit outside this time and it was a good choice! A beautiful evening after a very dreary week. There is absolutely nothing I could suggest that would improve our evening. Great service, delicious Sea Bass and Tuna entrees along with soup and appetizer and a delicious bread basket. (And I love it when a restaurant has black dinner napkins, especially when I am wearing black!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedeatoutDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I go out to eat 6-7 days a week We have been to this restaurant several times, but this time was disappointed. The lobster had little flavor, and the bone in filet was undercooked (Very Rare, ordered Medium Rare), and just not up to par in the flavor category. After walking away spending $70 a head, we were just not satisfied, and not full. The food should always be superior for the prices charges.
- Palm LoverDinerDined on 9/26/2014Service was terrific, Chris our waiter knew the menu and made great suggestions. It is probably a little pricey for the average dinner out but great for a celebration. The Manhattan Clam Chowder was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestJRMDDined on 9/23/2014Great service, great atmosphere, great food !!! Only downside is price but it is worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!CynthVIPDined on 9/23/2014Burgers are large and cooked to perfection. Several good burger offerings. The Power lunch is a good value - lots of food but you can take your dessert home if you are too full. When the bill came we were more than shocked to see $4.25 charged for coffee/iced tea!????? Ask for Lisa at The Palm Charlotte - she is an excellent server.Special Features:
- oldrepOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Not as good as previous experiences at Palm restaurant. Requested booth when reservation made-was ignored. Nearby group extremely loud and distracting.Special Features:
- Impressed the female clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/16/2014This was a business dinner, that included me (host), and 6 female clients! They suggested "Steak", which sort of surpised me, so, I went to my trusted steak provider.....Palm. Things worked out perfectly! Food, Service, wine, and location all were 5- star. Steaks were cooked to perfection, and tasted fantastic. Two customers had the Sea Bass, which, they raved about. Naturally, we ordered too many sides, and Palm provided "to go boxes/bags", for us. Our servers, both, in the bar (Jasmine), and in main restaurant (Whaley), were entertaining, and provided top notch service! I will be back again, with, or without clients!Special Features:
- Special Occasion HitaepbDined on 9/14/2014The food was divine, the service was excellent. Great place to splurge in a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm FanButchDined on 9/12/2014At the top of the list in Charlotte, NC - food, service, environment and location are incomparable --Special Features:
- foodieDined on 9/10/2014just OK Not great Even though we came in for the lobster for two, we were disappointed with the food. Service was great.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerpalmsaturday1Dined on 9/6/2014Overall it was a very good experience. The food was fantastic. The portions were good. The service was top-knotch. The table location that was not good. I would recommend that the elimination of 2 person tables if it is in a aisle where waiters and waitresses are passing by frequently. It did reduce the ambiance of the dinner for the occasion that I came to celebrate. I noticed that very few patrons accepted sitting there while we were eating.Special Features:
- Gotta go there!REBruceVIPDined on 9/2/2014Now this is dining at its best.! Food staff management all give 100%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never MissesgfishkinDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at the Charlotte Palm many times and the service is always impeccable, the food is outstanding and the ambiance is relaxing. You can't get a bad meal at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!MommaMouseVIPDined on 8/30/2014We haven't been to the Palm in 15 years - knowing it's a chain our first experience years ago was ok but was completely surprised this time. Food was great, service, ambiance was all wonderful. Had a great time and would recommend the Palm!Special Features:
- BettyeDined on 8/30/2014Staff was great as was the food. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!MareDined on 8/29/2014We have never been to the palm before. Where we sat we could watch the servers greeting repeat customers like family. They were efficient, like an well oiled machine. The lights were nicely dimmed and added to the comfortable ambiance. It is a little pricy, but it will be my go to restaurant for any special occasion. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014As always enjoy an evening at the Palm...however, prices have definitely risen and the $17 martini is just a bit much for anybody's purse! Yes, it's a good "pour" but there are other places in town to do the same and not at this price. The salad, appetizer, service ..all very nice...but the steak was tasteless. .. this used to be my favorite night on the town go to...maybe there's just too many other choices to compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Clearly one of the best restaurants in Charlotte. Great food and lively atmosphere. The service level is unmatched, and the Maitre'd is the best in the business. He really knows how to take care of customersSpecial Features:
- Dependably excellent....Foodie1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday at The Palm. Wonderful service from entrance to departure. Manager (Joey) is attentive to customers. Service was exemplary--attentive without being intrusive. Drew, our server, was informed, friendly and helpful. The lobster special was enjoyed by 2 at our table and we had 2 steaks. The rib eye was described as the "best I've ever had". The NY strip was good but, perhaps, not quite up to that level of adoration. The lobster was delectable. Sides were ample and tasty (especially the "half and half"). The decor lends itself to a fine dining experience. The wine special (a Washington state red) was complementary to our meal. Overall, a fine experience worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastelessDined on 8/23/2014It wasn't the "best" dining experience for us!! The Caesar salad had very little flavor-almost tasteless! We shared the 4lb. lobster dinner. Very disappointing as the lobster meat was extremely "tough". It was a very special birthday celebration for my husband-didn't turn out as so. We enjoy fine dining and this wasn't even close.
- Enjoyable eveningLobsterFest2014Dined on 8/21/2014My whole dining experience at the Palm was wonderful, friendly,staff. Just a nice all around good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansusanDined on 8/20/2014You can always count on great food and superior service at The Palm - first class all the way. It was jamming during 5-lb lobster night!Special Features:
- smittyDined on 8/20/2014The lobster offering was one we wanted to try for sometime but found it disappointing. The claw meat seemed to be overcooked as it was very hard to get. The Caesar salad was little more than some iceberg lettuce with a few croutons thrown onto a plate with little dressing, or taste to the dressing. Overall would not return for lobster dinner.Special Features:
- DiannePalmettoDined on 8/20/2014Making a reservation on Open Table is very convenient and easy. Thank you for this option. I will continue to use the site.Special Features:
- Fun Night Outbreakingbread2VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Exceptional service. Shane and the staff were very personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was on my listKiskaDined on 8/3/2014Dining in Palm Restaurant was on my list of the best places to go. I was really pleased with my experience in your restaurant. Only one thing was negative. Several times I mentioned that I brought my loved one to this place to celebrate his birthday and I have not had even simple verbal human respond "Happy birthday!". We did not expect any "freebies", but at least some little attention to this matter was considered....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nickybDined on 8/1/2014A friend and I had a very pleasant evening here. Waiter was very attentive and we were not rushed, altho' restaurant was very busy. Both our entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best dinner here.sdklfjsaldkVIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner was ok. I had a lobster and my date had a filet. Lobster was tasty, but the butter was barely warm. Filet was very good. Service was ok, but waiter seemed unconcerned when I pointed out a chipped water glass that nicked my lip. Overall, ok dinner but they can and have done better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatTrustFundFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our meals were excellent. This is the place to come and enjoy great lobster and steak. I've been to multiple plans throughout the USA and all bare the same standard if quality, service, and presentation. There are no surprises, and I mean that in a good way. The potions are massive. The prices reflect the high standard of quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our first time at this Palm. Terrific meal and a terrific evening. The Palm never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of Old SchoolComitisDined on 7/23/2014We went to the Palm restaurant for my husband's birthday. Initially we were seated at a 2-top obstructed by a pillar and in the major traffic flow of servers and patrons. We asked to be moved to a more intimate table. They immediately placed us in a booth. The owner of the Carolina Panthers passed by our table, the Palm is known for local celebrity watching. It is sort of old school - decor of restaurants from the 50s and 60s. The walls are full of images of local and national celebrities and politicos - some with autographs. My husband had the ribeye steak and he said it was excellent. I had a Palm signature dish Veal Martini, it had a delicate almost bland taste. The chocolate cake for dessert was fabulous. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014After being to the Palm Too MANY MANY TIMES, this meal was unsatisfactory. After the initial disappointment of no raw bar items, we were brought a basket of cold mediocre bread which was missing the coveted onion roll. We were served well cooked and tasty steak a la stone which was not quite the same, creamed spinach was mostly a gloppy béchamel with green flecks, and french fries (when we ordered cottage fries). To end the meal we had inadequate creme brûlée, due to the thin and under done top. While it is understood that The Palm in places other than New York is feeding the "masses," it is pretty sad that they are unable to duplicate the perfection of what happens on 44th and 2nd, especially when you're paying $100+ per person.