Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
6705-B Phillips Place Court
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Charlotte
- Phone: (704) 552-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Colin Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant private dining rooms are perfect for every event! Whether it’s a business lunch for 10 or an extravagant dinner for 200, our expert sales manager will see to every detail, leaving you to take the bows. Ask about our Meeting Planner Rewards program. Receive points towards exclusive rewards when you book your event at Palm Restaurant ~ even if you don’t pay for the bill! For more information, please contact our dedicated Sales Manager or submit an online Private Dining Request at www.thepalm.com.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Whicker 7045527450
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Charlotte
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in Charlotte's SouthPark neighborhood, Palm Restaurant is a destination along the brick walkways of the upscale Phillips Place shopping center, and lies minutes away from SouthPark mall, another premier retail attraction. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Palm Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (36)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (18)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- The service was better than the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014We were looking forward to dinner at this restaurant, but were disappointed with the food. Service was very good. Friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. The tuna appetizer was excellent and set our expectations for the rest of the meal. Unfortunately the rest of the meal did not measure up. A medium-rare lamb entrée came out almost medium well. The swordfish steak was good, but not spectacular. For the price, we have been to better restaurants in Charlotte.Special Features:
- Business LunchhappyVIPDined on 11/19/2014The business lunch is a nice value if you have people who enjoy a full service lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CynthVIPDined on 11/17/2014Crab cake sandwich is large, delicious, very little breading, great remoulade sauce too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnDined on 11/14/2014Would highly recommend the Palm for any occasion top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday mealJeeper1Dined on 11/8/2014Celebrated a birthday with my wife and daughter. I am a huge Palm fan but this was the first time at this location. Lived up to expectations and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Always great!SteakloverDined on 11/8/2014The Palm never disappoints. My wife and I had "date" night with our son and the staff interacted with him in such an awesome way. Everything from the wine to the steaks to the donuts were incredible as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant nightSpecialnightDined on 11/3/2014We had a great experience at The Palm for dinner this week. There were plenty of tables filled with people but we had a relaxing and quiet dinner. We were in no hurry and told the waiter we were going to take our time. He was great. We asked for suggestions and every one was perfect. It was a delightful evening with my husband. I can't think of anything that would have made it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not matched by foodBrendanVIPDined on 10/24/2014The service was stupendous. Good portion was great but lacking in quality. Usually get the filet but sent with the skirt steak. Temp and seasoning were okay. Girlfriend had lobster pasta. Great presentation but taste did not match up. Overall food was good, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!rosedDined on 10/22/2014Every time my husband and I have dined at The Palm in Charlotte, we have always had a very nice experience. Food is always good and the service is as well. They have expanded their wine list with great selections too!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceALREZDined on 10/18/2014Went for a special dinner with my girlfriend's elderly parents. The cocktails we ordered were fantastic. The food was delicious. We had the 3 lb. lobsters which were taken out of the shell. They even asked if we wanted to see the cooked lobster before they took it out of the shell. We also had sauteed asparagus and the onion straws for sides which were excellent. For desert the key lime was really really good. The staff were extremely helpful, even bringing pillows to the booth to put behind the backs of her parents. Our waitress, Lisa, was once of the nicest servers we have met and we frequent many restaurants. Kudos to the Palm in Charlotte, they have a great staff that really work together and support one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealkellyjillDined on 10/17/2014As usual, The Palm served a wonderful dinner. No matter which Palm we patronize, the dinners are always great. Steaks, lobster and veal parmigiana are always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a long absence -FoodFansVIPDined on 10/17/2014Returned to a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Both the snapper special and the sea bass were generously portioned, expertly presented and delicious! Our wait staff, led by Alex, were attentive and delightful. It was so good to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmDiDiDined on 10/12/2014Nice place for special occasion. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Tried the palm this past week end ,Phillips place. We have been Sullivans people for many years ,seems like things have changed at Sullivans over the last few years and not to the better. We loved the Palm and will be back ,the wedge was exceptional.Special Features:
- Simply the best SteakBusinessTravelerDined on 10/3/2014This place is as testosterone laden as it will get. My wife doesn't love the restaurant, but she sure LOVES the food. As she said when she took me there for my birthday recently, everything they do, they just do it perfectly. I have enjoyed dinner in almost every Palm restaurant there is in the US and each one is fantastic. Charlotte is no different. Bone-in ribeye is my favorite unless they have the NY Strip special with the jalapeno chutney (though I think I got that one in NY). Also, if you don't get the goat cheese whipped mash potatoes, then we just can't be friends. Best crab cake you will ever have. Wedge salad is amazing and the green beans with pancetta are magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014Very expensive for not great steaks. Service was terrible. Steaks were leathery. Sides were poor. Will not be back to this location.
- great service food avg.BradDined on 9/27/2014This was the second time my wife and I have there 1st time everything was outstanding (had the fillet) this time i had the 3 lbs. Lobster Way over cook very disappointed. Service was great drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always!AliceDined on 9/27/2014Once again, we had a perfect dining experience at The Palm. We chose to sit outside this time and it was a good choice! A beautiful evening after a very dreary week. There is absolutely nothing I could suggest that would improve our evening. Great service, delicious Sea Bass and Tuna entrees along with soup and appetizer and a delicious bread basket. (And I love it when a restaurant has black dinner napkins, especially when I am wearing black!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedeatoutDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I go out to eat 6-7 days a week We have been to this restaurant several times, but this time was disappointed. The lobster had little flavor, and the bone in filet was undercooked (Very Rare, ordered Medium Rare), and just not up to par in the flavor category. After walking away spending $70 a head, we were just not satisfied, and not full. The food should always be superior for the prices charges.
- Palm LoverDinerDined on 9/26/2014Service was terrific, Chris our waiter knew the menu and made great suggestions. It is probably a little pricey for the average dinner out but great for a celebration. The Manhattan Clam Chowder was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestJRMDDined on 9/23/2014Great service, great atmosphere, great food !!! Only downside is price but it is worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!CynthVIPDined on 9/23/2014Burgers are large and cooked to perfection. Several good burger offerings. The Power lunch is a good value - lots of food but you can take your dessert home if you are too full. When the bill came we were more than shocked to see $4.25 charged for coffee/iced tea!????? Ask for Lisa at The Palm Charlotte - she is an excellent server.Special Features:
- oldrepOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Not as good as previous experiences at Palm restaurant. Requested booth when reservation made-was ignored. Nearby group extremely loud and distracting.Special Features:
- Impressed the female clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/16/2014This was a business dinner, that included me (host), and 6 female clients! They suggested "Steak", which sort of surpised me, so, I went to my trusted steak provider.....Palm. Things worked out perfectly! Food, Service, wine, and location all were 5- star. Steaks were cooked to perfection, and tasted fantastic. Two customers had the Sea Bass, which, they raved about. Naturally, we ordered too many sides, and Palm provided "to go boxes/bags", for us. Our servers, both, in the bar (Jasmine), and in main restaurant (Whaley), were entertaining, and provided top notch service! I will be back again, with, or without clients!Special Features:
- Special Occasion HitaepbDined on 9/14/2014The food was divine, the service was excellent. Great place to splurge in a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm FanButchDined on 9/12/2014At the top of the list in Charlotte, NC - food, service, environment and location are incomparable --Special Features:
- foodieDined on 9/10/2014just OK Not great Even though we came in for the lobster for two, we were disappointed with the food. Service was great.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerpalmsaturday1Dined on 9/6/2014Overall it was a very good experience. The food was fantastic. The portions were good. The service was top-knotch. The table location that was not good. I would recommend that the elimination of 2 person tables if it is in a aisle where waiters and waitresses are passing by frequently. It did reduce the ambiance of the dinner for the occasion that I came to celebrate. I noticed that very few patrons accepted sitting there while we were eating.Special Features:
- Gotta go there!REBruceVIPDined on 9/2/2014Now this is dining at its best.! Food staff management all give 100%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never MissesgfishkinDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at the Charlotte Palm many times and the service is always impeccable, the food is outstanding and the ambiance is relaxing. You can't get a bad meal at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!MommaMouseVIPDined on 8/30/2014We haven't been to the Palm in 15 years - knowing it's a chain our first experience years ago was ok but was completely surprised this time. Food was great, service, ambiance was all wonderful. Had a great time and would recommend the Palm!Special Features:
- BettyeDined on 8/30/2014Staff was great as was the food. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!MareDined on 8/29/2014We have never been to the palm before. Where we sat we could watch the servers greeting repeat customers like family. They were efficient, like an well oiled machine. The lights were nicely dimmed and added to the comfortable ambiance. It is a little pricy, but it will be my go to restaurant for any special occasion. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/25/2014As always enjoy an evening at the Palm...however, prices have definitely risen and the $17 martini is just a bit much for anybody's purse! Yes, it's a good "pour" but there are other places in town to do the same and not at this price. The salad, appetizer, service ..all very nice...but the steak was tasteless. .. this used to be my favorite night on the town go to...maybe there's just too many other choices to compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Clearly one of the best restaurants in Charlotte. Great food and lively atmosphere. The service level is unmatched, and the Maitre'd is the best in the business. He really knows how to take care of customersSpecial Features:
- Dependably excellent....Foodie1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday at The Palm. Wonderful service from entrance to departure. Manager (Joey) is attentive to customers. Service was exemplary--attentive without being intrusive. Drew, our server, was informed, friendly and helpful. The lobster special was enjoyed by 2 at our table and we had 2 steaks. The rib eye was described as the "best I've ever had". The NY strip was good but, perhaps, not quite up to that level of adoration. The lobster was delectable. Sides were ample and tasty (especially the "half and half"). The decor lends itself to a fine dining experience. The wine special (a Washington state red) was complementary to our meal. Overall, a fine experience worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastelessDined on 8/23/2014It wasn't the "best" dining experience for us!! The Caesar salad had very little flavor-almost tasteless! We shared the 4lb. lobster dinner. Very disappointing as the lobster meat was extremely "tough". It was a very special birthday celebration for my husband-didn't turn out as so. We enjoy fine dining and this wasn't even close.
- Enjoyable eveningLobsterFest2014Dined on 8/21/2014My whole dining experience at the Palm was wonderful, friendly,staff. Just a nice all around good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansusanDined on 8/20/2014You can always count on great food and superior service at The Palm - first class all the way. It was jamming during 5-lb lobster night!Special Features:
- smittyDined on 8/20/2014The lobster offering was one we wanted to try for sometime but found it disappointing. The claw meat seemed to be overcooked as it was very hard to get. The Caesar salad was little more than some iceberg lettuce with a few croutons thrown onto a plate with little dressing, or taste to the dressing. Overall would not return for lobster dinner.Special Features: