Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
2801 Pacific Avenue
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Atlantic-City
- Phone: 6093447256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into The Palm & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From Coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that the Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)notable wine list (83)fit for foodies (82)good for groups (73)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (33)late-night find (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Each time we dine at Palm Restaurant, we have a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- light mealtextextexDined on 8/21/2014Lobster soup was great. Also bread. Steak overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealMartySVIPDined on 8/20/2014Email from Palm 5 pound lobster for the price of a three pound. evrything was great the service from Adam the food and the price.Special Features:
- Steak4mesteak4meDined on 8/20/2014As always the food and service were outstanding. The $99 dinner for 2 (5lb lobster) was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioussmitty543Dined on 8/20/2014The lobster dinner and fresh vegetables were delicious. The service was pleasant and efficient; they even enlarged the table to accommodate the large lobster plates. The space between the tables allowed for the four of us to fully enjoy conversation. The only annoying part of the evening was the constant reaching across the table when there was ample room to serve or remove a plate by my side. When I suggested the server walk around the table instead of reaching across people, I was given a look like I was requesting the impossible. I was uncomfortable pushing the issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would You Like Fries With That?qwertyDined on 8/19/2014At McDonalds you expect the "upsell" "would you like fries with that?" At a high end restaurant such as the Palm it is annoying to constantly being subjected to the "upsell." After ordering the four pound lobster dinner, I didn't need to be asked if I wanted the five pound lobster. Then after the appetizer arrived, I was asked if I wanted to add a steak to my lobster dinner. This behavior by the waitstaff is encouraged by management. I did not appreciate it.
- Excellent as alwaysSvenHarryDined on 8/16/2014I'm a big fan of Palm and try to dine their each time I visit Atlantic City (aside from visiting their NYC locations). I am never disappointed. The ambience is always nice. The dining area appearance is always clean and neat perfection. The staff is extraordinary. I don't think they have a peer in the industry. And the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Burnt mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Two of our meals were very disappointing. One was burnt and we mentioned it to waitress. I expected a partial credit on my bill for the burnt portion and mentioned it when it was not reflected on my bill. The waitress said since they provided 2 dishes of whipped cream w/cherries for 2 birthdays there was no credit. Just ridiculous!!!!Special Features:
- Top qualityRoe16Dined on 8/14/2014The food and service at this restaurant is top quality! However, the wine list is a bit pricey. Best to go with the 9 oz. glass if you opt to drink wine. Martini's and other cocktails are the best for your buck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyTellitlikeitwasDined on 8/13/2014Good steak, have had better. Casual atmosphere. Service was great. Had reservation but didn't need one. Pricey have had much better steak for the prices charged here! Great place for families in Atlantic City if you can afford the NYC pricing.Special Features:
- Fantastic steak houseFoodnotesDined on 8/12/2014Great service. Enjoyed the evening. Professional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcelllentGeeGeeVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food, service and ambience is always excellent. I never miss celebrating my birthday at The Palm each year.Special Features:
- Great steaks but overpriced winesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The steak and service is great. The wine on the other hand is grossly overpriced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmFoodieDined on 8/10/2014It was delicious! Food was excellent! Calling all steak lovers.. Service was attentive and timely! Will go back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normDined on 8/9/2014Food quite good, but rather pricey. Service was O.K. but I would try to avoid a Saturday in the Summer.Special Features:
- Wait Service OutstandingARDJRDined on 8/9/2014Gabe was our server. He made our dinner extremely enjoyable. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMartySVIPDined on 8/8/2014What can I say always a great meal nothing is ever too much and the bone in filet wow. Adam as our server gave great service as always..Special Features:
- JudyDined on 8/8/2014Service was nonexistent. Food brought. Had no silverware , bernaise brought without spoon. Too expensive for that. Food just fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneGAnneGDined on 8/8/2014The lobster we were served was horrible , had to send it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MergermanMergermanDined on 8/6/2014Been there many times, but this was the best. Usually order steak, but had the Summer Lobster Special for two. Everything was done perfectly. Great deal! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Service was lackingdrkimmieDined on 8/5/2014Not up to usual Palm standards - and they weren't that busy. Our water glasses were never refilled, we poured our own wine and my dirty bread plate was pushed onto the unshelled lobster I requested wrapped to take home. Ick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDaveDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I have been to the Palm in Atlantic City on many occasions and have never been disappointed. From the moment that you enter the restaurant you get the feeling of a first rate experience. The entire staff is receptive to your every need and always at your beck and call. The food. I cannot say enough about the food. We started off with appetizers of Clams Casino and French Onion soup. Both were as good as you could possibly ask for. My wife had her first clam and the words out of her mouth were " oh my goodness, I cannot believe how good these taste". My French Onion Soup was the best I have ever tasted. The entree, Filet with a crab topping was to die for. This was not our first visit and certainly not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food & ServicenamelessVIPDined on 8/4/2014We go weekly to the Palm. It is amazing how they are always perfect. Scott the bartender makes you feel like family and also makes fantastic drinks. Anthony the manager is like a mother hen constantly checking to make sure every diner is happy with their meals. The place is exceptionally clean also. The only thing missing is tissues in the Men's room. We always recommend the Palm to our friends and they have never be disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstandingsteak4meDined on 8/4/20141st time at the Palm. It was our 29th wedding anniversary and wanted a nice meal. What we got was Outstanding from our Bacon wrapped scallops and Lobster Bisque. To my 24oz ribeye cooked to perfection & my wife's 15oz Lobster Tail. the complete dinner was great and the desert fantastic. Our waiter Anthony was great always there without bothering you every five minutes. All in all a great experience. Will be going again soon. Ask about the 827 club I joined good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Our dining experience was very good. The food was pricey but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentTerribleDined on 8/3/2014Food was okay...my husband and daughter had steaks and said they were excellent. I had the shrimp special which was not so good...shrimp was tough. Service was excellent. Ambience...we were seated in bar area near a door that lead to street so it was busy and noisy. It is very expensive...little too much for the food.
- Always GreatbiggamejamesDined on 8/2/2014Paul and Anthony always do a great jobs. The steak, sides, and service are always fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- azdrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent as always. Paul Sandler and staff do a first rate job.
- PerfectCTinACDined on 8/2/2014Perfect steak and sides. Definitely worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobster dealJD71fromNYDined on 8/1/2014We had the summer lobster for two. Great meal and great service . Excellent Caesar salad & lobster bisque . Next time I'll try the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7/31ChrisDined on 7/31/2014Service was just ok for such a high end place. A table arrived after us and they received more attention and were served first- friends perhaps. That really annoyed me as it was after 9pm and quiet making it more noticeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 7/27/2014WE had the lobster special and it was good. SErvice not the best. WE get much better service at Palm in Philadelphia. It took a long time to get our entrees.Special Features:
- 15 year dating anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014We come to the Palm every time we are in AC. This time was not great. We absolutely love the food here and were pretty disappointed with the food we had this visit. Starting with the tasteless calamari and ending with a filet mignon that didn't taste like filet should.Special Features:
- Great!annsamDined on 7/27/2014As usual the food & service was excellent! The split lobster dinner special for two was great & a priced right.Special Features:
- Great Staff2weekiwisDined on 7/26/2014The Palm is a really great place to go for a Steak,they are consistent the meat is excellent and the staff are very efficient//friendly with a good knowledge of their menu and happy to suggest what they think the customer in front of them may enjoy rather than just up selling because they have to. My server that night was Yasser who was just wonderful (Years of experience). Just one more thought, for anyone that hasn't been to this Palm they have to understand it is extremely busy and just goes off.But you would never know it as the staff really have there act together and deal with an extremely diverse clientele in a City that's tough to work in.Special Features:
- My dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The Palm's food is excellent, however very expensive. The waitress came over maybe once near the end of our meal and ask if everything was good. She was in such a hurry that we could hardly understand her because she was talking so fast to get other things done, she was running around going crazy and had no time to explain anything. Very disappointing because I really like the Palm. A little too late, don't you think? If it wasn't for the other workers walking around I would have never got a refill on my drink. Dessert was great, we ordered the warm doughnuts. Loved them. For dinner both of us ordered the filet mignon. The steak literally melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wingfriedDined on 7/25/2014Food was great as well as service but don't go for the ambiance and the noise level in the main dining area was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 7/24/2014This is our second time to the restaurant. In both cases, the waiter and the busser, although very polite, lean right into the table without saying excuse me to grab our plates, bring bread, etc. Our food came out and it was not prepared as we had asked this last time, and overall, the restaurant is loud, so better for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmnickkdbDined on 7/24/2014My family has dined at various Palm restaurants over the past few decades (NY, Orlando, Philly, Las Vegas, etc.) We have never been disappointed, great food, fair prices, great service and great locations. Our 43rd Anniversary dinner was no exception. Everything and everyone was great. I hope that we can the next 43 anniversaries will be celebrated the same way. I would make reservations now but I do not know what city we will be visiting. For this anniversary, Atlantic City in July was a perfect choice. Thanks for everythingSpecial Features:
- Best steak in ACOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014Although this Palm doesn't have the high end feel of those in major cities it's still the best steak in AC. The Quarter offers a decent scene in a city that's falling apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.