Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
2801 Pacific Avenue
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Atlantic-City
- Phone: 6093447256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into The Palm & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From Coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that the Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)fit for foodies (95)notable wine list (93)good for groups (77)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Not a good experience food was so so for an upscale steakhouse
- ACdinersDined on 9/10/2014As usual, the Palm did not disappoint. Twin lobster special was well prepared and served. Have more.Special Features:
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Went to dinner with friends, who enjoy a good meal and wine. We had both on Wednesday and especially loved the Lobster special.Special Features:
- Never ceases to amazeBillDined on 9/10/2014SOme places just get it right. The filet mignon perfect taste color temp etc The 3 cheese potato a delight and the creamed spinach always good The breads and rolls quite good. The 4 hands merlot quite nice for beef. The chocolate floured cake the best one could ask for and the presentation is always a marquis moment with the chocolate, vanilla cream sauce, the raspberry coulee and the sprig of mint. PERFECTIONSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantEliotVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Atlantic City outpost of the Palm is an excellent choice for a steak dinner. Outstanding service from Yasser; and salads, steaks, sides and dessert were all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEQ1Dined on 9/6/2014dinner was excellent . food and service was flawlessSpecial Features:
- Disappointing from other locationsMiamangiaVIPDined on 9/4/2014Based on our experiences in NYC and Las Vegas, expecting terrific. Not the case.Service was jagged, not what is expected for the reputation and price. While nice, our very pregnant server was just there. Other specials being offered at the next table were not offered, long periods of time without-restaurant was not at all busy. No pouring of wine or Pellegrino. Steaks were good, but no lemon in the Brussel sprouts as described (nor caramelized or cut?) and nary a taste of goat cheese in the mashed potatoes. Whole experience was a level BELOW the other locations. The table was not wiped (crumbed) after the main, but we mentioned it was our anniversary and she did bring strawberries in whipped cream, so that was a nice gesture.
- We were not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014For the price we payed, we were not impressed. The steak was mediocre and the service was okay. When we went for dinner, we thought so much more of the restaurant than what we received.
- The best always!veraangelaDined on 8/31/2014The Palm is consistent and true always!!! Great food, great drinks, top notch service!! Love our waiter!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointmentDined on 8/31/2014Remember this restaurant from last year, it was really good. Came back this year, and what a disappointment. Food really changed for worst. Feel like We were cheated with overpriced food in the restaurant that pretends to be hi end, but really is not.Special Features:
- Best in Atlantic CityCharlieThebowtieDined on 8/31/2014You cannot beat The AC Palm for its great food and service anywhere in Southern NJ. The staff is fantastic and extremely friendly.Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Always enjoy this place, great atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon, bacon bacon!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014GET THE SLAB'O BACON appetizer it's awesome! Always great food and service here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before the Show.rocknoutDined on 8/31/2014I took my Family to a Show at the Boardwalk Hall. I had dined at The Palm, a couple Months back (and loved it), so I thought it only fitting to bring the ones I love the most to a Great Dinner. The Palm did not let me down!! The food was Great, and the Service was Amazing. I will be back whenever I come to AC!!!! Thanks Again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and experienceajmjmDined on 8/30/2014Top notch might be understating it. From excellent food to excellent service, everything was outstanding. Our server knew the menu and specials so well and was able to guide us in making great decisions on a good sized menu since we were first time customers. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBrunoDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I agreed the service was excellent. The 4 lb. Lobster dinner was very good. It was quite loud. It would not be a place for a romantic dinner unless you like a noisy place,Special Features:
- Critique of the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. However, the manager was very rude upon entrance and greeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date Nightkatie45Dined on 8/29/2014I was severely injured in a freak bicycle accident/fall over 4th of July weekend on the new Somers Point to Ocean City Bridge (I wore a helmet, otherwise I'm told I would've died on impact; please wear helmets - always!), and have been out of work since (it's Labor Day weekend as I write this). My guy knew I needed a night out badly, so I put on a dress, took my pain meds, grabbed my cane, and off we went to Palm for its 4-lb shared lobster special, luscious lobster bisque, creamed spinach, and one of the best chocolate martinis I've ever had (shhhh, don't tell my docs!). Not only was the food delic, but the presentation was great and the service was friendly and fun, just the way I like it! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerAnniversaryDined on 8/29/2014While it was a bit noisy, the food was great and the service was excellent. This was not the first time we have been there and it will not be the last?Special Features:
- Old School Place, Never Gets Old!LobstahLuvaDined on 8/28/2014Never disappoints! Especially the summer lobster special! Get the lobster bisque, you'll thank me later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingEddiedDined on 8/28/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and were not disappointed. The service was outstanding and our lobster dinner for 2 was delicious. The only down side was paying $18.50 for a cosmopolitan. I will definitely return and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent but priceydawnie1Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service were excellent my only small complaint is I think the servers have been trained to up sell the wine by the glass. I ordered a glass of pino grigio, the servers replied they had two and said she thought the second one was way better than the first. I said i will take it then, when the check came ,it was $18 a glass,then I remembered they had done the same thing when we dined with another couple about 6 months back. my husbands Double Cross dirty martini was $14 , that's a very high end vodka and a glass of wine should not cost that much more. the staff should at least let you know the pricing.Special Features:
- Always HappyLeanieDined on 8/26/2014Each time we dine at Palm Restaurant, we have a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My daughter can't stop talking about the crab cakes...She said they were sooooo goooooodddd!!!! lol. Great food from a great restaurant.Special Features:
- light mealtextextexDined on 8/21/2014Lobster soup was great. Also bread. Steak overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealMartySVIPDined on 8/20/2014Email from Palm 5 pound lobster for the price of a three pound. evrything was great the service from Adam the food and the price.Special Features:
- Steak4mesteak4meDined on 8/20/2014As always the food and service were outstanding. The $99 dinner for 2 (5lb lobster) was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioussmitty543Dined on 8/20/2014The lobster dinner and fresh vegetables were delicious. The service was pleasant and efficient; they even enlarged the table to accommodate the large lobster plates. The space between the tables allowed for the four of us to fully enjoy conversation. The only annoying part of the evening was the constant reaching across the table when there was ample room to serve or remove a plate by my side. When I suggested the server walk around the table instead of reaching across people, I was given a look like I was requesting the impossible. I was uncomfortable pushing the issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would You Like Fries With That?qwertyDined on 8/19/2014At McDonalds you expect the "upsell" "would you like fries with that?" At a high end restaurant such as the Palm it is annoying to constantly being subjected to the "upsell." After ordering the four pound lobster dinner, I didn't need to be asked if I wanted the five pound lobster. Then after the appetizer arrived, I was asked if I wanted to add a steak to my lobster dinner. This behavior by the waitstaff is encouraged by management. I did not appreciate it.
- Excellent as alwaysSvenHarryDined on 8/16/2014I'm a big fan of Palm and try to dine their each time I visit Atlantic City (aside from visiting their NYC locations). I am never disappointed. The ambience is always nice. The dining area appearance is always clean and neat perfection. The staff is extraordinary. I don't think they have a peer in the industry. And the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Burnt mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Two of our meals were very disappointing. One was burnt and we mentioned it to waitress. I expected a partial credit on my bill for the burnt portion and mentioned it when it was not reflected on my bill. The waitress said since they provided 2 dishes of whipped cream w/cherries for 2 birthdays there was no credit. Just ridiculous!!!!Special Features:
- Top qualityRoe16Dined on 8/14/2014The food and service at this restaurant is top quality! However, the wine list is a bit pricey. Best to go with the 9 oz. glass if you opt to drink wine. Martini's and other cocktails are the best for your buck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyTellitlikeitwasDined on 8/13/2014Good steak, have had better. Casual atmosphere. Service was great. Had reservation but didn't need one. Pricey have had much better steak for the prices charged here! Great place for families in Atlantic City if you can afford the NYC pricing.Special Features:
- Fantastic steak houseFoodnotesDined on 8/12/2014Great service. Enjoyed the evening. Professional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcelllentGeeGeeVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food, service and ambience is always excellent. I never miss celebrating my birthday at The Palm each year.Special Features:
- Great steaks but overpriced winesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The steak and service is great. The wine on the other hand is grossly overpriced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmFoodieDined on 8/10/2014It was delicious! Food was excellent! Calling all steak lovers.. Service was attentive and timely! Will go back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normDined on 8/9/2014Food quite good, but rather pricey. Service was O.K. but I would try to avoid a Saturday in the Summer.Special Features:
- Wait Service OutstandingARDJRDined on 8/9/2014Gabe was our server. He made our dinner extremely enjoyable. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMartySVIPDined on 8/8/2014What can I say always a great meal nothing is ever too much and the bone in filet wow. Adam as our server gave great service as always..Special Features: