Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
2801 Pacific Avenue
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Atlantic-City
- Phone: (609) 344-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City
Palm Restaurant in Atlantic City is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into The Palm & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From Coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that the Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Palm Restaurant - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (59)good for groups (49)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Simply the BEST in Atlantic CityCharlieoVIPDined on 11/25/2014Incredible staff + great location + super delicious food + fast service = best steak/seafood restaurant in the area. Been eating here for many years. Extremely consistent over time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always!Cruise521Dined on 11/20/2014Once again the Palm was fabulous. Food, wine, atmosphere was great. Adam is a great waiter and makes all the right suggestions. He is very attentive and hope he is there next time! Thank you making our experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014Crabmeat cocktail at $24 was significantly overpriced. Good quality but small portion. Swordfish steak entree was well prepared and tasty. Wine prices are also significantly above standard markup for similar restaurants. Overall, not a good value for dinner compared to similar establishments.
- Excellent, as always!HarveyGDined on 11/10/2014One of only a few restaurants that provides an excellent dining experience (food and service) each and every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JayBDined on 11/1/2014The food at the Palm is consistently great and the service is always attentive. I am always seated at the time of my reservation and where in the restaurant I requested. You are never disappointed at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC PALM --Always GREATFredw1762VIPDined on 10/28/2014The food/ service and atmosphere is always great .Special Features:
- DisappointingGraceDined on 10/18/2014The noise level was horrific! You could not hear you party next to you! There must be something wrong with the acoustic design because we never experienced such a noise in the place with no band, DJ , just people. Also, the server, the young girl was absolutely not well prepared to serve. She let us wait very long time for everything, including to pay the bill ! Not very good manners also. We've expected to have such a nice evening in this well known place but we've met only disappointment .
- GREAT STEAKGpbrooklyn101Dined on 10/17/2014Had a great meal here,service was on the money, steak cooked perfect and cut like butter ,the creamed spinach & potatoes also added nice flavor to the meal, it's a higher price place but we'll worth itSpecial Features:
- Weak specialsnamelessVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food is always good to excellent. Drinks are always perfect! The sides & salads are getting very pricey. I understand that beef prices have gone up, but spinach, green beans, salad???? This has cause us to spend a lot less and drink a lot less at The Palm. They use to have great dinner specials in both price and selection but not anymore. We miss them. We hope they bring back the 1/2 price drink specials this winter. We would spend more when they had them but felt like it was worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with consistent qualityCharlieThebowtieDined on 10/11/2014We love The Atlantic City Palm. Anyone that tries it will too! The food is always prepared wonderfully and the staff makes every effort to make you feel like family. When you are done your meal, try a walk around The Quarter. Unique in Atlantic City. Happy dining.Special Features:
- Great experienceteddybearDined on 10/11/2014We dined at the AC Palm last weekend. As usual the food was well above average- and the service was excellent! As return customers, we were greated by name and welcomed back - we got our favorite wait person without requesting him - it was aready noted. All in all a relaxing enjoyable meal in a trendy, well managed estalishment.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I were celebrating our 3 year aniversary and we chose The Palm because we are frequent visitors. The food and service was excellent but not this time around. Waiter did not make us feel welcome and felt out of place. Sometimes he didn't even check up on us to see how we were doing, the server in training did it. We ordered drinks that we didn't like and the waiter didn't ask if he could get us something else to drink. The waiter failed to go over the menu with us and pricing for specials and what's the price of a surf and turf..I paid 116 dollars on myself which is insane for a surf and turf. If I knew a lobster tail cost me 60 dollars I would wouldn't have gotten it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantTjKEDined on 10/7/2014This is a great place. The food and service are always superb.Special Features:
- TERRIFIC RESTAURANTBOBEDDined on 10/6/2014WE LOVE GOING TO THE PALM RESTAURANT WHENEVER WE ARE IN ATLANTIC CITY IT IS OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT THE FOOD IS FANTASTIC THE WINE DELICIOUS THE SERVICE IS GREAT AND THE RESTAURANT IS VERY BEAUTIFUL EVEN THE BAR AREA IS GREAT WHERE WE HAVE EATEN MANY TIME FOR HAPPY HOUR WOULD RECOMMEND IS HIGHLYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!NelvieDined on 10/6/2014When ever I come to AC, I always eat at the Palm. I love the food and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AFR54Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful food, great service! YUMMMYYY We enjoyed everything from the drinks through dessertSpecial Features:
- The PalmWilliamDined on 10/1/2014The Palm in Atlantic City never disappoints. It was our 20th wedding anniversary. The wait staff was excellent. We were warmly greeted and quickly seated. Food as always was excellent. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal there. We always recommend it.Special Features:
- Great time and great foodFoodiesParadiseVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great time, great food!! I brought a friend and we both loved the service, and the food was fantastic. The wait staff made suggestions on how to save a few bucks and made some wine suggestions that were spot on. Never had poor service or a bad meal at the Palm! Every time I have gone to the Palm I feel like I am part of the family. Way to go and you have convinced my buddy to come back, even without me!Special Features:
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014We always visit the palm when we are in AC. It is our restaurant of choice because we know that food quality is top notch. Steak and lobster cannot be beat. The dessert is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poorly handled outburst by patronOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014While sitting in the bar/dining area, a fellow in the booth directly across from us saw fit to start screaming to 'shut the F up" to his female partner. This guy was raging mad as he continued to repeat this at least 6 more times. He then left. Probably 15 mins. later he comes right back in and starts it again. At one point I asked the guy to cool it, since the Palm staff was doing nothing. After he left I asked our waiter why no one on the staff did anything, and was told me they were getting ready to. What were they waiting for? I was further disappointed that no one came to our table or any other table to apologize for this obnoxious behavior of their patron. This is not some shot and beer joint where u may expect to encounter this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality needs some attentionLarad2008Dined on 9/26/2014My husband & I were very excited to enjoy the Palm for our anniversary dinner this past weekend. From the moment we walked in the service was wonderful. The wine list did not disappoint. It was a great selection and priced reasonably. We ordered a 15 ounce lobster tail and the bone-in rib eye. While, the lobster tail was delicious the steak that was served was not up to standard that I would expect from a fine dining established. It was on the smaller side and very thin. It had none of the flavor that a bone-in steak would provide. For that price point, I expected much better.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backfiddlesticksDined on 9/20/2014Want crazy over the lobster or butter sauce or the clams casino. The potatoes au gratin was blah tastes like flour. The tiny bottle of soda they give you is over priced over $4 each! The chicken parm wasn't that great. I wouldn't go back.
- No Place Like the Palm!Cruise521Dined on 9/19/2014Absolutely our favorite place have dinner on our girl's weekend to Atlantic City! The food is amazing, service is great and always a great time at the Palm. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Not a good experience food was so so for an upscale steakhouse
- ACdinersDined on 9/10/2014As usual, the Palm did not disappoint. Twin lobster special was well prepared and served. Have more.Special Features:
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Went to dinner with friends, who enjoy a good meal and wine. We had both on Wednesday and especially loved the Lobster special.Special Features:
- Never ceases to amazeBillVIPDined on 9/10/2014SOme places just get it right. The filet mignon perfect taste color temp etc The 3 cheese potato a delight and the creamed spinach always good The breads and rolls quite good. The 4 hands merlot quite nice for beef. The chocolate floured cake the best one could ask for and the presentation is always a marquis moment with the chocolate, vanilla cream sauce, the raspberry coulee and the sprig of mint. PERFECTIONSpecial Features:
- Off Night During Visit to ACThomasVIPDined on 9/9/2014Based on an Opentable review, I visited this location on a Tuesday evening, Sept 9th. The staff must not have expected any more than a handful of people as they seemed overwhelmed. Late with menus, drink orders and bread did not arrive until midway through the appetizer course. The recommended "salad" was minced tomatoes and more resembled salsa than anything else. I left the dish nearly untouched and was whisked away without a question. The main course came before my dinner companion had slogged through his slabs of tomato and mozzarella. The house specialty "Veal Martini" was inedible and again cleared without comment. While we were ignored, another party of six had the full attention of the entire waitstaff. Lucky them..I guess
- Great restaurantEliotVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Atlantic City outpost of the Palm is an excellent choice for a steak dinner. Outstanding service from Yasser; and salads, steaks, sides and dessert were all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEQ1Dined on 9/6/2014dinner was excellent . food and service was flawlessSpecial Features:
- Disappointing from other locationsMiamangiaVIPDined on 9/4/2014Based on our experiences in NYC and Las Vegas, expecting terrific. Not the case.Service was jagged, not what is expected for the reputation and price. While nice, our very pregnant server was just there. Other specials being offered at the next table were not offered, long periods of time without-restaurant was not at all busy. No pouring of wine or Pellegrino. Steaks were good, but no lemon in the Brussel sprouts as described (nor caramelized or cut?) and nary a taste of goat cheese in the mashed potatoes. Whole experience was a level BELOW the other locations. The table was not wiped (crumbed) after the main, but we mentioned it was our anniversary and she did bring strawberries in whipped cream, so that was a nice gesture.
- We were not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014For the price we payed, we were not impressed. The steak was mediocre and the service was okay. When we went for dinner, we thought so much more of the restaurant than what we received.
- The best always!veraangelaDined on 8/31/2014The Palm is consistent and true always!!! Great food, great drinks, top notch service!! Love our waiter!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointmentDined on 8/31/2014Remember this restaurant from last year, it was really good. Came back this year, and what a disappointment. Food really changed for worst. Feel like We were cheated with overpriced food in the restaurant that pretends to be hi end, but really is not.Special Features:
- Best in Atlantic CityCharlieThebowtieDined on 8/31/2014You cannot beat The AC Palm for its great food and service anywhere in Southern NJ. The staff is fantastic and extremely friendly.Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Always enjoy this place, great atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon, bacon bacon!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014GET THE SLAB'O BACON appetizer it's awesome! Always great food and service here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before the Show.rocknoutDined on 8/31/2014I took my Family to a Show at the Boardwalk Hall. I had dined at The Palm, a couple Months back (and loved it), so I thought it only fitting to bring the ones I love the most to a Great Dinner. The Palm did not let me down!! The food was Great, and the Service was Amazing. I will be back whenever I come to AC!!!! Thanks Again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and experienceajmjmDined on 8/30/2014Top notch might be understating it. From excellent food to excellent service, everything was outstanding. Our server knew the menu and specials so well and was able to guide us in making great decisions on a good sized menu since we were first time customers. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBrunoDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I agreed the service was excellent. The 4 lb. Lobster dinner was very good. It was quite loud. It would not be a place for a romantic dinner unless you like a noisy place,Special Features: