Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel
10 S Post Street, Suite B
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedavenporthotel.com/dining/palmcourt
- Phone: 5097896848
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am; Weekend a la Carte Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm
A la Carte Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Saturday and Sunday 12noon to 2pm
Bar service daily from 11 am to close.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Bob Aldred
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available in both the Palm Court and adjoining Peacock Room. Palm Court can accommodate up to 30 guests in a private room complete with a built in flat screen LCD TV monitor. The Peacock Room can accommodate up to 20 guests in a private setting complete with a fireplace and flat screen LCD TV monitor. Reservations required.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Owens 5097896824
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking for all guests of the Palm Court Grill restaurant with a minimum purchase required of $10. (not applicable to overnight guests of the hotel). Additional parking options around the Davenport Hotel include metered street parking and a self-park garage accross the street.
A word from Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel
The Palm Court Grill continues to serve the highest-quality food at a price that makes fine dining accessible to everyone. Its menu features choice cuts of USDA prime beef and freshly caught fish along with the region's finest wines and select ingredients that sample the bounty of the Northwest.The restaurant's private dining rooms have provided the graceful setting for wedding rehearsal dinners, birthdays, luncheons, and get-togethers for generations of guests. For smaller groups and people watchers, the tables in the historic lobby next to the hearth offer a mix of coziness and palatial grandeur. Meals for every appetite are served throughout the day. The Palm Court Grill also continues to uphold another estimable tradition: the Crab Louis salad, created and made famous nearly a century ago by Chef Edward Mathieu and loaded with tender Dungeness crab, is still served according to the original recipe — with, of course, a dash of contemporary spice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (15)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Exceptional l serviceMARRAIDined on 10/19/2014Kaylie has been our server for many Sunday lunches. Her smile unfailingly brightens our day. She is most attentive and always remembers our preferences, going out of her way to find items that we like.Special Features:
- Consistently fantasticWordsnCoffeeDined on 9/30/2014Love the servers and the food equally. From the homemade hummus to the salmon, it's all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outbeccab47Dined on 9/27/2014It was my husband 72nd birthday and we could not have asked for a more wonderful place to have our dinner. We arrived early and were seated quickly, but it was a while before the waiter came. It was very busy and was a Saturday night and we were in no hurry as we did not have to be at the Bing Crosby theater until 7:30. The food was delicious and there were many wonderful choices. Once the waiter realized we were there , everything was just splendid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to see!anoldsoul32Dined on 9/26/2014Considering that this was the first time that I have ever ate the Davenport and was a wedding gift to me and my newly husband, It was amazing! The ambiance was like re-living those days when the Davenport was first "the place to go". I am told I have an old soul, and felt at home sitting by the fire place at The Palm, listening to the old music by Frank and many others. The food was amazingly delicious! with tenderized meats, perfectly presented entrees and melt in your mouth deserts! Couldn't have asked for a better night!Special Features:
- Very nice!DrCharDined on 9/26/2014Four of us went to the Early Birds Special for a 5:15 reservation on a Friday night. We have been to this venue previous and has always been great. The food was great and the ambience was nice. Had one issue with a salad but it was quickly replaced. The only "complaint" I have is that when we pulled into the valet, they would not park us because "they have to save their parking spaces for their hotel guests." I had a car full of senior citizens and was told, "well just drop them off and then you can go park". The parking wasn't that far, about a block and a half away, but it was $10.00 to park for an 1 1/2 hour dinner. On the hotel website, rather than say "complimentary parking" it should say something to the effect, "if available."Special Features:
- VIP TreatmentOccasionaldinerDined on 9/12/2014We dined at the Palm Court on our anniversary and were very well treated. It really felt like a special occasion.Special Features:
- Davenport elegance4everafoodieDined on 9/2/2014We have a real treasure in the Davenport. The food was outstanding. All the beef is a prime cut. I had the filet mignon and it almost melted in my mouth. The potatoes we flavorful and the green beans done to perfection. We also had the crab cakes - mmm delicious; and caprese salad was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The location of this restaurant was the reason we made reservations there. The hotel is beautiful, so is the restaurant. The service was great. I ordered the scallops for dinner, but the waitress came back to say the chef did not feel comfortable serving them, so I had the halibut & it was ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Lovely restaurant in the heart of a historic hotel. As for a table by the fireplace.Special Features:
- Don't Forget the LocalsPablotheDudeDined on 8/16/2014The Palm Court is a pleasant place to go. It is good for special occasions. One of the very nice aspects is the valet parking (free) when you eat at the hotel. This weekend the hotel was apparently 100% capacity (good for Spokane) and there was no valet parking available for locals who came to eat. Truthfully, it fairly well annoyed me. I spent just shy of $500 for eight of us celebrating my wife's birthday. It seems like there should be some sort of alternative recognition in the absence of free parking. Just my thoughts.Special Features:
- Awesomeloveditall38Dined on 7/24/2014I have never been to the Davenport before and the first time I will never forget.Thank You for making it so memorable ❤Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine hotel diningCCMomVIPDined on 7/20/2014We were at the Davenport for a family wedding and ate at the Palm Court Grill for breakfast 4 times. The food was consistently good (try their wonderful coffee cake -- like a dessert!) and the service was friendly and extremely helpful. The staff took special care of my 98-year-old mother, who rolled in in a wheelchair provided by the hotel and asked to eat at the Palm Court Grill each morning. The Davenport is a beautiful hotel, and the lobby outside the Palm Court Grill is a lovely place to meet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We were there on a quiet Monday evening for our anniversary. Service was slower than we expected, and the quality of the food was not up to our expectations for the Davenport (my pasta dish had been sitting under a warmer too long, the bread was not brought out until we were halfway through our entrees). The server just did not do the little things that usually make for a special dinner.
- Anniversary dinner16thanniversaryDined on 7/11/2014The waitress was very nice and informative and made it very personable. She recommended a very good wine for dinner she made us feel very comfortable and let us enjoy alone time but yet was very prompt. This type of service is very rare anymore. I have already recommended the Palm Court Grill to friends for special occasions or just dinner this is Definitely a place to eat and not have to worry about the service or the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!AmazingDined on 6/27/2014Best I've seen in Spokane yet from Vallet Parking and the gentleman holding the door to the best waitor I've ever seen! Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extra specialThomasDined on 6/25/2014the online reservation worked really well for me and we were early but it was not a problem. Not really a busy night our host Derek was on top of his game and made it a super anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel reviews archive.
- Very good!MontanaFamilyDined on 6/19/2014The food was excellent, prime rib was good, not great, but solid. crab cakes, very good and my wife's stuffed pepper was excellent. I was surprised that the tablecloth's showed all their fold marks etc., and they simply sat the menu's on the table when we were seated and didn't present them to us, but those aren't deal breakers by any means. Those little things are the only thing that kept us from rating it excellent in every way. Our server was excellent and attentive, the food was served very promptly and everyone had a great time. our 6 year old son loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKariDined on 6/8/2014Always enjoy eating at the Palm Court Grill. Very good location for theater or symphony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before showLloydDined on 6/8/2014The food was wonderful, as usual. Apparently there was a wedding in another part of the facility so staff was at a lower level than usual. Frankly, the service was lousy. It was slow and inattentive. My wife had her salad plate grabbed before she was through eating it. On another note---be extra careful using their "free" valet parking. Over the past three years I have now had two bad experiences with them. The last time, they backed my car up from the garage to bring it to me. I couldn't figure out why. I just thought it was kind of odd, until the next day, when I found my front end to be damaged on the side that was hidden to me by this clever little maneuver. That is not so funny. It is better to park in the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We were very pleased with our meals and the service.Special Features:
- special night outonceinawhileDined on 6/4/2014Service was excellent. Rose provided for Anniversary. Waiter suggested Copper River Salmon which was excellent. Prime Rib was great.Special Features:
- Excellent, but cold & overdoneBuckMinkDined on 5/29/2014The ambience is thrilling. The salmon was a little dry and the tuna was a little cold for a restaurant of this calibre. Still enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We recently stayed at the Davenport while we were in town to see Wicked. We ate at the Palm Court for dinner and were so happy we did! The food was amazing and the setting was even better. It felt like being in Selfridge's in London during it's hay day. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner diningdelightfulDined on 5/17/2014food was excellent .with a fantastic atmosphere akin to a little oasis in the citySpecial Features:
- delightful brunchLarryPointofViewDined on 5/11/2014enjoyable, delightful with food delicious...so much nicer than the zoo upstairs in Pennington and Venetian rooms for Mother's Day Brunch...total chaos up there...too brightly lit, too noisy, too hot....just an uncomfortable mess.....all the more contrasting to the peaceful, tranquil ambiance in Palm Court where one can really appreciate feteing one's mom..in my case, my aunt from Brasil who was visiting two days in Spokane....quality and quantity of food outstanding..one could not hear one's self talk/think upstairs...thanks for kekeping Palm Court low keySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, delicious breakfastSmileySDined on 5/11/2014We were there for mothers' day breakfast before going to graduation. The food was great! The staff were friendly, professional and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great place for a celebrationtravelerDined on 5/10/2014The food was great, service was excellent. Very comfortable and beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Although the food was good, the portions were quite small, given the rather high cost. I would recommend lunch, but not dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The Palm Court is a very great place to take folks who are visitors to Spokane to see our most Davenport beautiful hotel and then experience s deligious breakfast, with great food and wonderful waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time !!RachelJDined on 4/24/2014Took my best friend for her birthday , such a treat & everyone was so nice & the food excellent. This will always be a great memorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2014The Davenport is as elegant in a traditional way as you can get in eastern Washington. Our meal was lovely, our service attentive but not too much, the food fine. A wonderful place for a special occasion for the right crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Davenport Hotel!pattipieDined on 4/19/2014Our server was attentive and enthusiastic. She was well-versed with the menu and made some good recommendations. Our table was in the lobby by the fireplace and was a great place for people-watching. We were there on a Saturday night so watching all the wedding parties pass through the lobby was great fun!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Perfect for a celebration dinner. Romantic, elegant and professional wait staff. Better on a quiet weeknight if you like private conversation in a quiet settlingI would recommend this to a friend.
- GetawayLewistonDined on 3/8/2014Atmosphere and service were fabulous. Brunch was excellent. My dinner however was served burnt which was disappointing. The server promptly took care of this but the coconut prawns were still mediocre. Ceaser salad was also mediocre and the croutons on it were stale. Expected a little more from the dining room. Husbands dinner seemed fine.Special Features:
- Our 1st dining experienceKatlin1224Dined on 3/2/2014We had a truly amazing experience at the Davenport's Palm Court Grill. The food was fantastic, the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Fashion CharmshellTDined on 2/27/2014An elegant restaurant with old fashion charm. A perfect choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinning experience EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014The food was fantastic, service was fantastic, little pricy but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014WAY Over priced, skimpy portion, Caesar salad limp,. Wonderful service. Crab cakes much too saltySpecial Features:
- Disappointingr2d2Dined on 2/14/2014Nice atmosphere, good server, food was average or less, and the prices were too high.Special Features:
- Dining experienceLLScDined on 2/4/2014The palm court lobby is a great place to enjoy a the elegance of an era gone by.Special Features: