Palio Ristorante Italiano
2 West Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Palio Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palioofleesburg.com/
- Phone: 7037790060x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ian Dieter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Every Saturday we have Live Jazz Music!!!
A word from Palio Ristorante Italiano
At Palio, we are looking to provide a warm and exciting environment that makes a patron feel welcome and satisfied. We want those who come to the Palio to anticipate a fine dining experience in a comfortable setting. Our Mission is to deliver that experience with professional style and grace through the presentation of unprecedented food quality. The Palio equestrian theme derives from the infamous, centuries-old Palio di Siena horse race which began in the mid-17th century. The restaurant comfortably seats 100 upstairs and boasts a 24-seat full-service lounge at street level. Private parties up to 60 may be booked in a spacious room complete with a full bar upstairs. Most of the menu is seasonal with the spectacular wine list including many local selections. Pasta, breads and charcuterie are each prepared fresh daily in-house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Palio Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Palio Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (25)good for groups (17)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Gret servivce Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2014Randy our server (awesome bartender!) and Chef Ian.. OH MY GOSH!!! amazzzzinnnnggg... From the moment we sat down to the time we left. We kept saying how amazing everything was. Very fresh and tasty. I can personally recommend the caprese, mussels, filet mignon, and crème brule.Special Features:
- HeidiDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing! Each dish is phenomenally prepared and the portions are just right. Also, our waiter, Randy, always knows how to pick the best wines! Simply amazing. If you're looking for Italian cuisine, this is definitely the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been Better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first time dinning at Palio's and it was a Great evening all around-Food, Ambiance & Service. We will be making many more appearances here especially with the Holidays coming!!Special Features:
- Will definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014We heard Palio's had a new chef so we decided to give it another try which turned out to be a good decision. The food and service were both outstanding. We especially enjoyed the pasta Bolognese.Special Features:
- What a RestaurantRon0351Dined on 10/13/2014From the moment we walked into the restaurant we knew we were in for a time we will never forget. The service was impeccable and the waiter could not have done more to make this a very enjoyable evening. The food was all made and prepared onsite including the fresh pasta. The Prefix menu is the best way to get to try everything from appetizer to desert. I have never enjoyed myself more and look forward to retuning again and agin.this is a very special place for that special ocassion or just a night out. It is a place that is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Impressed!nikkyPRDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious. Service was outstanding. Even a tableside magic show with Bill the magician who entranced our 4yr old! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run of the millPickyFoodieDined on 10/9/2014A let-down. Too noisy, food was only so-so, especially for price. Gritty pasta with white clam sauce. Good waiter, however.
- AmazingRrobinson720VIPDined on 10/7/2014Best italian restaurant I have been to. The pasta is made fresh, the wine list is vast and has things for people in any price point. The service from Bill was exquisite. Would absolutely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Went above and beyond making our anniversary dinner special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAlisonDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time visiting, and everything was great. The food was wonderful. I had a hard time deciding between about 3 things and was very happy with what I got. There was live music the night we were there, which was nice. Overall a great special occasion place.Special Features:
- RecommendedOTvipNdcVIPDined on 9/27/2014Last weekend was my 7-8 time dining at Palio and the experience was another enjoyable one. The food is very flavorful and the menu selections are abundant. Our server was very good. He was attentive, made a few recommendations, explained the dishes well, and was prompt. The ambiance was nice, but the music pumping through the overhead speakers could have been lowered a notch. It was difficult to hear my fellow guests across the table. I don't recall this being an issue in the past. Speaking of the table, Palio was unable to accommodate my table request, which was made in advance, and placed me and my 3 guests at a table for 5. No big deal, but perhaps this could be improved upon in the future. We will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for mediocre foodJonFrDined on 9/24/2014The food was mediocre and the pasta was under cooked. (I'm usually not a negative food review guy or picky person) but this just was a poor experience and at an expensive price. The price was expensive and the menu wasn't very expansive. There's only a single chicken dish, a single veggie dish and a single beef dish on the menu.
- Underwhelming and PriceyEquityDined on 9/6/2014Four of us had dinner. Food was, at best, average. Veal was overcooked, scallops were overdone, and service was slow. Not crowded on a Sat. night which should been a give away. All this for almost $100 pp (including a cocktail, tip and taxes. Wait staff was, however, enthusiastic. Won't be back.
- TerrificNovaEaterDined on 8/31/2014Forgot how much we like this place. It won't be so long before we go back.Special Features:
- delicious foodyumeatDined on 8/23/2014This place was a great find. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We have been a number of times. Food was excellent. Table service very good but kitchen slow even though restaurant not busy. Still our overall experience is very good and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening!MikeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second visit. This was a family celebration and a real treat for my family. The food is unique and extremely high quality. Thanks to Hugo for a fun night.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Decent food, but nothing special, and not for the price. Service was excellent though. Not sure I'll be back at those prices.
- Loudoun's Best RestaurantSteveCDined on 8/15/2014From the perfect carpaccio appetizer, through the dessert, every course seems to be exactly right these days. A deeply experienced manager, a very talented chef well schooled in French and European cuisine, and one of the best service solutions anywhere make Palio impossible to beat in Loudoun, and put it in the same class as the 3 and 4 star restaurants in the region. It does not get much better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow... A Gem in LeesburgChantillyGourmetDined on 8/9/2014We booked Palio's cold based upon online menu and as halfway point for us and family from MD. Discovered great menu, chef specials, service, and ambiance. All of the food we ordered was top notch. We couldn't have been happier with our time there. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We celebrated or 42 anniversary at Palio. It is an excellent restaurant. Food, service and ambiance well all excellent. We plan to return when we are in the Leesburg area.Special Features:
- Good Food Great ServicemfrankVIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to Palio on a Friday night and had a great experience. The restaurant is located in the cute old town part of Leesburg. There is no parking available specific to the restaurant but there is street parking and a parking deck close by. The building looks historic and the interior is set up in a more old period style (chandeliers, nice tables, etc). The service was great, the waiter was very attentive and friendly. The food was good, a little overpriced for what it was. I wish it had a bit more seasoning but overall it was good and the menu offered a good selection of items. I would definitely go back for another visit.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerSteveCDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I both had the Dover Sole special on this night. Chef Ian Dieter accommodated our request for a lighter presentation of this dish (lemon, butter, capers, white wine in the sauce). As always, it was perfectly prepared. Service was equally perfect. There is nothing close to Palio within 50 miles, and it just keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare gem in LeesburgdevilinthedetailsDined on 7/24/2014Downtown Leesburg has not been a sophisticated locale for foodies or evening entertainment. A few restaurants have broken through that reputation. Palio is closest to European charm, smaller rooms, elegant interiors & ambiance as any upscale European restaurant. Beautiful wood, marble & artwork. Service professional @ elegant - older pros. The new chef is discriminating & talented,delivering to the table delicious, unique appetizers, salads, entrees & desserts. Apple caramel pie wonderful. Everything hand prepared each day, including bread and desserts. Only one downside on this visit. Large party reserved entire top floor. We came early to sit there. No mention made of this when reserving & food was just a bit below it's normal excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly MemorableweajcaVIPDined on 7/20/2014The service was outstanding and very attentive. The lobster bisque and lobster ravioli were incredible and a true surprise to the palette. We would highly recommend this fine Italian restaurant for special occasions or anytime you are in the mood for truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we were looking for!DEKEHDined on 7/18/2014I had promised my honey a nice dinner and a movie for date night. It was a last minute decision and we decided on Italian. Since I'm not from the area she was tasked with finding the location. Eventually, we decided on Palio Ristorante Italiano, confusing it with another establishment. Sometimes mistakes bring the biggest rewards and our mistake was a very tasty reward. I ordered the Filet in a truffle sauce and she ordered Scallops with risotto we paired our dinners with a nice white wine, absolutely perfect. We also enjoyed the beet salad for an appetizer and Tiramisu for dessert. The food, ambiance, service, etc. were so inviting my beautiful date and I bypassed the movie as we enjoyed each others company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedcasmegryaDined on 7/14/2014We found a wonderful restaurant quite on whim with great food, ambiance and service for a special occasion, making the occasion even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice ambiance! Great food!PalioFanDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had never been to Palio's before. We sat downstairs near the window and enjoyed watching the people and happenings go by. At the same time, it was very quiet and romantic! The food was excellent as was the service. We both dined on caesar salad (a very generous helping, but at $10, it was definitely adequate) and then had the pasta bolognese! Delicious!! The bread and oil/sun dried tomatoes were also delicious!! We enjoyed the apple tart w/vanilla gelato for dessert! Fabulous!! We will definitely return. It is a gem!! Also, the hostesses as we walked in gave us a very warm welcome!Special Features:
- Tasty, very expensive foodRayne888Dined on 7/9/2014Overall our meal was very good. We opted for the pre fixe menu which included a starts, a salad, an entrée, and a dessert. Far too much food for just one person. Maybe they could consider lowering the overall price and having folks split an app, or choose which three courses they might like. The apps were good, the salads had good ingredients. The entrees were a bit disappointing though, his Frutti di Mari was overly oily and tasted only of garlic, no acid to brighten it, was mostly pasta and most of the mussels included were not good. My risotto was crunchy and thick, not creamy, and was doused in truffle oil which gave every bite a metallic aftertaste. The desserts were good overall. Just a bit more expensive than I would expect.Special Features:
- Luna559Dined on 7/5/2014Superb food promptly served, The service was friendly, efficient, helpful and knowledgable. The restaurant is very nice without being anything exceptional. Its expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Meal was overpriced; not worth the money and no kids menu. The lamb was average at best, and the lasagna was flavorless.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Palio Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Fabulous eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here with a wonderful meal. The food was flavorful and excellent. The service was prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. The ambiance was romantic, and the wine suggested by our server paired perfectly with our meal. The piece of tiramisu with a birthday candle was the perfect finale to a fabulous evening. Will definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Dinner with my girlsKingerDined on 6/28/2014Had a great dinner here again. The service and management is awesome. Performed magic tricks for the girls. The General Manager David also visited the table. Very nice dining experience. Food was great and the service was better.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Great food and service. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Birthday LuncheonBostonDined on 6/28/2014This was our second visit to Paleo. The food is absolutely delightful as well as the presentation. Randy, our server, was more than gracious and took very good care of us. The restaurant itself is lovely and our seating was by the windows overlooking the people/activities on West Market Street in Leesburg. Parking is right across the street, which was a big plus for us. The selection of wines will blow you over.Special Features:
- The very best in LeesburgSteveCDined on 6/27/2014Celebrating our daughter's birthday, we enjoyed another perfect dinner. This expertly managed fine dining venue never misses the mark, but the time you walk through the door, until the wonderful staff bids you farewell. The service here, expertly managed by Jose this night, adds dramatically to artwork that comes from Chef Ian Dieter's kitchen. Already long since Leesburg's very best venue, this team seems to just improve every aspect of the dining experience with each visit. Doesn't get much better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining for a special occasionTombaDined on 6/26/2014We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary at Palio's. The food was excellent and the waiter Randy was very attentive with great service. We would go again.Special Features:
- Love Palios....VAwineloverDined on 6/21/2014I love the staff and the food at Palios - they really don't disappoint and the live music on Saturday was simply enjoyable - thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all the food is delicious hereLiLKidneysDined on 6/15/2014this was our 3rd time dining at Palio. ambiance is okay, but we come back for the food. this time around it was the salad invernale followed by scallops and veal scallopini. i often get veal scallopini at italian restaurants, including a number of them in Italy, and Palio's was hands down the best I've ever had. the meat was almost paper thin, served over a tasty pasta (like spätzle) and drizzled with the most delicious sage flavored sauce. Her scallops with risotto was also excellent, the scallops cooked melt-in-your-mouth perfect. we've never had room for dessert here, but appetizers and mains are all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!iheartfoodDined on 6/13/2014We were placed in a room that had no AC running. It was hot, even the servers looked miserable in their black long sleeved uniforms. They put 2 small fans in the room - pathetic! It's supposed to be fine dining but we were not offered with pepper, cheese or anything like that. Server will cross over the table to pour water on glasses. When we asked them to box our kids leftovers, they combined all of them in a box. My one kid has food allergy and they are aware of it so they should have not done that. Food is very salty too. Sad, sad experience.