Palio Ristorante Italiano
2 West Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Palio Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palioofleesburg.com/
- Phone: (703) 779-0060
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ian Dieter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Every Saturday we have Live Jazz Music!!!
A word from Palio Ristorante Italiano
At Palio, we are looking to provide a warm and exciting environment that makes a patron feel welcome and satisfied. We want those who come to the Palio to anticipate a fine dining experience in a comfortable setting. Our Mission is to deliver that experience with professional style and grace through the presentation of unprecedented food quality. The Palio equestrian theme derives from the infamous, centuries-old Palio di Siena horse race which began in the mid-17th century. The restaurant comfortably seats 100 upstairs and boasts a 24-seat full-service lounge at street level. Private parties up to 60 may be booked in a spacious room complete with a full bar upstairs. Most of the menu is seasonal with the spectacular wine list including many local selections. Pasta, breads and charcuterie are each prepared fresh daily in-house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Palio Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Palio Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (25)good for groups (17)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- BlahMarylanderDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I both ordered fish specials. Bland and decidedly not special. Not worth the price. Staff was friendly but somewhat in attentive . Too bad, we sure had hoped we found a new dining out option.
- Enjoyed Bill's recommendations!KMooDined on 2/28/2014Our gracious server, Bill, hit a home run with his outstanding service and recommendations for our meal. We enjoyed everything and plan to return again soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- complaint was the noise level.mdlnDined on 2/23/2014complaint was the noise level. There was a table with 2 younger children next to us on a 645 Sunday reservation. When we go to what we believe is an above average restaurant, and have to listen to young children crying, yelling, being loud, it ruins the moment. I have had 2 young children and believed an Applebee's, or Fridays is where I would take them.Special Features:
- Delicious foodshelboDined on 2/21/2014Food was incredible. Pasta Nera is a must have! The service was great and really catered to our needs. They also offered gluten-free on the menu. This is my second time at this restaurant and will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, but...foooodVIPDined on 2/17/2014The single stall ladies room is IN the main dining room. Right. Next. To. A. Table. Awkward!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambienceFoodygirlDined on 2/15/2014My fiancee and I decided to have a post-Valentine romantic dinner on Saturday. Palio's is a gem. The food is delicious, the staff is gracious and the ambience is warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs just a few tweaksashes031Dined on 2/15/2014We went to this restaurant for Valentines day. When we were first taken to our table, we were seated next to a table full of balloons and children. It was not the atmosphere we were looking for or expecting at all. This is a $50 a plate place, not Ruby Tuesdays. The hostess was very accommodating and moved us to a quieter room. Don't get me wrong, kids are great, but this type of restaurant is not the place to take kids. After moving, things were fine. Apparently there was a show going on at a nearby theater. Our waiter asked if we needed rushed service and we said no. That may have been a little mistake. Our food took longer than expected. But it was nice to enjoy time with friends and we did tell him not to rush. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing lunch/brunchtastyVIPDined on 2/15/2014We weren't expecting brunch only when we arrived for lunch on Saturday. Open table doesn't indicate it when reserving. The kitchen was out of our first choices, roast beef sandwich and waffle. My 2nd choice lasagna was nice, the frittata was...a frittata, fine, nothing to write home about, served with a salad. We asked for more Italian bread but received the mixed basket again, mostly olive bread. The dipping olive spread and oil were excellent. The highlight, really. So we were disappointed. Everything was just off. If we had had a more experienced server I believe they would have been able to finesse a more enjoyable meal.
- This is by far our favoriteFrankSDined on 2/14/2014This is by far our favorite Leesburg restaurant and it never disappoints. Only problem we do find once in a while is a shortage of Malbec and that is our favorite wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vday TrickeryLuvagreatmealDined on 2/14/2014Have been here in the past and loved it. This was a different experience. They waited until 5 days prior to Valentines Day (when it was too late to get a reservation anywhere else) to inform people they decided to do a price fixe menu. Reservations booked full, but tables around us were empty all night (staffing issue?). Food was good but service was slow. Offered to box our leftovers (great!) and then forgot to bring them back out to us before we left. Dined with another couple and the check was not split properly. Wasn't horrific, but certainly not as good as prior visits.Special Features:
- Valentines DayJonathonDined on 2/14/2014My fiance and I had a reservation for V-day, and so there was a special menu. Both of our entrees were excellent. The server was on-point the entire time, knowing what we wanted right about the time we wanted it. I'm looking forward to going back and trying their full menu. The Italian wine we had was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We have had many fine meals at Palio, and this one was no exception. Every aspect of the experience was above outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2014My husband and I bought a Groupon for Palio's and decided to use it for a Pre-Valentine dinner. The food was delicious. Our waiter was new to Palio's and was fabulous….. Estuardo. Very competent, friendly and extremely polite. I have been to this restaurant 2 other times and I will keep coming back. It is a gem of a find for LeesburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchzanexecVIPDined on 2/11/2014Service was attentive, without being invasive. Wine list is spot on...had a nice Chianti and a moderately priced excellent Pinot. Will return for more client lunches.Special Features:
- Had a good mealRKOSDined on 2/8/2014The meal was very pleasant. I very much enjoyed the clam appetizer (well done) and the salad special was "good" (grilled romaine...a little too much cheese but I believe less is better when it comes to that application, which in general is a winner). The bronzini was excellent (such a great piece of fish) and again, I pushed off a little of the sauce as it just doesn't need it (personal preference, did not affect the wonderful piece of fish). The lamb shank was decent with the meat itself being very good (well prepared) but the tomato based sauce was bland. Perhaps concerned about overpowering the polenta? A reasonable concern. Overall a good meal with very good ambience.Special Features:
- little bit of new york in LeesburgLiLKidneysDined on 1/30/2014waiters in black outfits ties and aprons. huge glasses of wine. the food was very tasty. I had the ravioli di pere which was stuffed with pears and gorgonzola - absolutely DELICIOUS! they had a three bean soup that day that was also hearty and delicious. the special chicken marsala wasnt so good. chicken was overcooked and a bit dry. prices are mid range. you do pay for the service here, which is outstanding. we were there early and it was relatively quiet. but it did start filling up and then not so much. subdued lighting lends to the romantic and relaxed dining experience. worth a visit.Special Features:
- A party member asked to substituteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014A party member asked to substitute chicken for fish in a dish as well as my husband asking to substitute his vegetable something else and each request was met. They owner was very accommodating. My husband is more of a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy, so he felt the menu was limited. Loved the ambience of the restaurant. We dined during the cold snap and were quite comfortable temperature wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerzanexecVIPDined on 1/24/2014We arrived and were seated in a great table. Our server was very good, attentive but not obsequious. Everyone of our party enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- We will be going back!gatorsjennDined on 1/18/2014Excellent food and service! It is so nice having a full menu of fresh homemade food and a knowledgable server!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Brunch - Lovely BuildingReemaVIPDined on 1/12/2014Nice selections for brunch including egg Benedict, meat or veggie frittatas, roast beef Panini sandwich, pastas and a couple of other items - we've tried at least half over the course of a few visits, and they were quite delicious. Love the rustic bread. Server was friendly and knowledgeable about both the food and the really lovely historical building in which Palio's resides. Atmosphere is great and has many European, okay really Italian, touches - décor, accessories, etc. Parking is in the public garage (always seems to be free when we go...) which is pretty much across the street from the restaurant. Looking forward to getting there for dinner sometime...Special Features:
- My experience was a good onePaoloDined on 1/11/2014My experience was a good one food was good but what made the place great was our server. The prices are a little high of the wines are little high for some of the wines. The only other issues is that if you are trying to have fine dining place the door should have a more professional staff not teenagers -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I surprised my girlfriendRomantic1Dined on 1/10/2014I surprised my girlfriend with reservations. All I have to say is that the service, the food, the ambiance, was phenomenal. We couldn't stop raving about it after we left and have recommended the resteraunt multiple times since leaving. 5/5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the foodnickDined on 1/4/2014Neither of our dishes were prepared well, especially given the prices. We're not going back.Special Features:
- A great new find!zanexecVIPDined on 1/3/2014First time at the restaurant since it's new beginning and restructuring and it was such a pleasurable experience. The thing that strikes me the most is that this restaurant does not play music at ear splitting decibel levels. It seems many restaurants are ruined as you cannot carry on a decent conversation with the people at your table. The new management have the right idea; great new chef, good service and a pleasurable place to dine.Special Features:
- perfection and comfortFrankSDined on 12/31/2013Outstanding in atmosphere, food, and service, Palio is a place where, being from the neighborhood, we almost feel at home. The service is outstanding, they treat you like you are part of their family. The food is unbelievable! And the restaurant itself is just a homey and comfortable place to be. I hope it never changes. I will not go anyplace else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a most enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2013We had a most enjoyable dining experience at Palio. The food exceeded our expectations and the attentive staff devliered outstanding service. The room was comfortable, lively but not so noisy that anyone at our table had to elevate their conversational voice. Our waiter made two excellent wine selections and was knowledgable as to dining selections. Again, a most enjoyable dining experience and we'll be recommending Palio to our friends. Reasonably priced but excellent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialRonaldDined on 12/27/2013In general, we enjoyed the occasion, the service was very good, and the atmosphere was excellent. We ordered the specials, Chicken Parmesan, and the Lobster, both pre-fixe. The meal included steamed clams in a red sauce, chestnut soup (very good); salad, main course followed by espresso/cappuccino (LAZZA very good) and mixed fruit and apple cake desert. In general, the meal was OK, nothing special considering the price, but most disappointing was the fresh made pasta for both meals arrived greatly over cooked and luke warm. Nothing is worse than mushy pasta! We probably will not eat there again unless we hear there are changes to the operation and the food has improved.
- Our Christmas Eve Tradition.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013Our Christmas Eve Tradition. We found this restaurant on our return trip from the airport. It is now a request from the family to stop at Palio as the first Christmas present.Special Features:
- experience on 12/23mikeDined on 12/21/2013This is probably our fourth visit to the restaurant. The service was exceptional but the food was inconsistent. My pasta dish was excellent but my wife's chicken marsala was way overcooked. I suggested to send it back but she doesn't like to do that. We live in Leesburg and really want to support our local businesses but this is not the first time we have been unhappy with the food or wine.
- Great ServiceNosgudfudDined on 12/13/2013Really enjoyed the octopus appetizer and the fettuccini bolognese (forgot the actual name of the dish). Noodles are made fresh and your palate really appreciates this. Service was very attentive, but not overbearing. Good place to go for a special occasion. Note, it's pricey, but it's a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little highOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013But food was very good and wine according to my wife was excellent. Red wine?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Excellent food, excellent staff, nice atmosphere. The 2nd floor overlooking market street is desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend getawayBBob7713Dined on 11/23/2013My wife and I were enjoying a weekend getaway at Landsdowne Resort and this was to be the capstone romantic evening meal...they did not disappoint!! Food was excellent, service was Five Star, the wine was terrific and the open and spacious setting was nice and afforded privacy so that our conversation was not shared with all of the neighbors! I really enjoyed the setting and decor...almost felt like stepping back into the nobility lifestyle with a very modern and connected waitstaff. My compliments to the waitstaff in particular...I look forward to coming back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyditomDined on 11/22/2013The ambiance at Paolio's was very nice: quiet, good music playing. The service was very good, a little spotty at times. The food was good and we enjoyed it, but I thought the prices were too high for what we actually received. My husband and I shared the appetizer, salad and dessert that came with my fixe prixe meal, and he ordered an entree and one glass of wine. With tip it was over $100. I just thought I might be a little more "wow'd" by the food, but it was just fine
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013Food was excellent, service was outstanding with several suggestions that were right on. Outstanding wine list. Great location and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed All of Our Expectations!HarleyDined on 11/20/2013We had a perfect dinner on a weekday evening. Both the food and the service were outstanding. Excellent jazz trio playing in the adjoining bar. The ambience was very quiet and romantic. Our first time there but will definitely return for many more. Palio is definitely now on our favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceRomanDined on 11/19/2013Recently celebrated a family event at Palio. The food was good and the service was excellent. The food portions were smaller than you would expect for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowVickifromVAVIPDined on 11/12/2013Best meal at a fine restaurant in a long time and I eat at fine restaurants several times a week. Glad we took the drive there. It was more than worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAdamDined on 11/9/2013Palio is certainly pricey, but the quality of the food, service and wine list make it worth the expense. You can tell this kitchen and the chef are talented, as everything was cooked to perfection. And the server provides food as wine recommendations that were not only delicious, but perfectly complimented each other, which just enhanced the experience.Special Features:
- MomomomoDined on 11/6/2013Palio is one of my favorite restaurants in Leesburg. It has a wonderful ambiance, the service is excellent, and the food is always outstanding. My most recent visit was on a Wednesday evening with a group of 4 friends. We arrived at 5:30 and the restaurant was quiet. By the time we left several hours later the "place was hopping". I had the Chicken Marsala that was perfectly cooked and would melt in your mouth; the Marsala Sauce was out of this world. I finished off my meal with the Zabaione con Frutti di Bosco - it was fabulous. I highly recommend PalioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.