Palio Ristorante Italiano
2 West Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Palio Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palioofleesburg.com/
- Phone: 7037790060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Thursday-Sunday 11:00am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ian Dieter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Every Saturday we have Live Jazz Music!!!
A word from Palio Ristorante Italiano
At Palio, we are looking to provide a warm and exciting environment that makes a patron feel welcome and satisfied. We want those who come to the Palio to anticipate a fine dining experience in a comfortable setting. Our Mission is to deliver that experience with professional style and grace through the presentation of unprecedented food quality. The Palio equestrian theme derives from the infamous, centuries-old Palio di Siena horse race which began in the mid-17th century. The restaurant comfortably seats 100 upstairs and boasts a 24-seat full-service lounge at street level. Private parties up to 60 may be booked in a spacious room complete with a full bar upstairs. Most of the menu is seasonal with the spectacular wine list including many local selections. Pasta, breads and charcuterie are each prepared fresh daily in-house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palio Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- delicious foodyumeatDined on 8/23/2014This place was a great find. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We have been a number of times. Food was excellent. Table service very good but kitchen slow even though restaurant not busy. Still our overall experience is very good and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening!MikeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second visit. This was a family celebration and a real treat for my family. The food is unique and extremely high quality. Thanks to Hugo for a fun night.Special Features:
- Wow... A Gem in LeesburgOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We booked Palio's cold based upon online menu and as halfway point for us and family from MD. Discovered great menu, chef specials, service, and ambiance. All of the food we ordered was top notch. We couldn't have been happier with our time there. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We celebrated or 42 anniversary at Palio. It is an excellent restaurant. Food, service and ambiance well all excellent. We plan to return when we are in the Leesburg area.Special Features:
- Good Food Great ServicemfrankVIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to Palio on a Friday night and had a great experience. The restaurant is located in the cute old town part of Leesburg. There is no parking available specific to the restaurant but there is street parking and a parking deck close by. The building looks historic and the interior is set up in a more old period style (chandeliers, nice tables, etc). The service was great, the waiter was very attentive and friendly. The food was good, a little overpriced for what it was. I wish it had a bit more seasoning but overall it was good and the menu offered a good selection of items. I would definitely go back for another visit.Special Features:
- A rare gem in LeesburgdevilinthedetailsDined on 7/24/2014Downtown Leesburg has not been a sophisticated locale for foodies or evening entertainment. A few restaurants have broken through that reputation. Palio is closest to European charm, smaller rooms, elegant interiors & ambiance as any upscale European restaurant. Beautiful wood, marble & artwork. Service professional @ elegant - older pros. The new chef is discriminating & talented,delivering to the table delicious, unique appetizers, salads, entrees & desserts. Apple caramel pie wonderful. Everything hand prepared each day, including bread and desserts. Only one downside on this visit. Large party reserved entire top floor. We came early to sit there. No mention made of this when reserving & food was just a bit below it's normal excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly MemorableweajcaDined on 7/20/2014The service was outstanding and very attentive. The lobster bisque and lobster ravioli were incredible and a true surprise to the palette. We would highly recommend this fine Italian restaurant for special occasions or anytime you are in the mood for truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we were looking for!DEKEHDined on 7/18/2014I had promised my honey a nice dinner and a movie for date night. It was a last minute decision and we decided on Italian. Since I'm not from the area she was tasked with finding the location. Eventually, we decided on Palio Ristorante Italiano, confusing it with another establishment. Sometimes mistakes bring the biggest rewards and our mistake was a very tasty reward. I ordered the Filet in a truffle sauce and she ordered Scallops with risotto we paired our dinners with a nice white wine, absolutely perfect. We also enjoyed the beet salad for an appetizer and Tiramisu for dessert. The food, ambiance, service, etc. were so inviting my beautiful date and I bypassed the movie as we enjoyed each others company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedcasmegryaDined on 7/14/2014We found a wonderful restaurant quite on whim with great food, ambiance and service for a special occasion, making the occasion even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice ambiance! Great food!PalioFanDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had never been to Palio's before. We sat downstairs near the window and enjoyed watching the people and happenings go by. At the same time, it was very quiet and romantic! The food was excellent as was the service. We both dined on caesar salad (a very generous helping, but at $10, it was definitely adequate) and then had the pasta bolognese! Delicious!! The bread and oil/sun dried tomatoes were also delicious!! We enjoyed the apple tart w/vanilla gelato for dessert! Fabulous!! We will definitely return. It is a gem!! Also, the hostesses as we walked in gave us a very warm welcome!Special Features:
- Tasty, very expensive foodRayne888Dined on 7/9/2014Overall our meal was very good. We opted for the pre fixe menu which included a starts, a salad, an entrée, and a dessert. Far too much food for just one person. Maybe they could consider lowering the overall price and having folks split an app, or choose which three courses they might like. The apps were good, the salads had good ingredients. The entrees were a bit disappointing though, his Frutti di Mari was overly oily and tasted only of garlic, no acid to brighten it, was mostly pasta and most of the mussels included were not good. My risotto was crunchy and thick, not creamy, and was doused in truffle oil which gave every bite a metallic aftertaste. The desserts were good overall. Just a bit more expensive than I would expect.Special Features:
- Luna559Dined on 7/5/2014Superb food promptly served, The service was friendly, efficient, helpful and knowledgable. The restaurant is very nice without being anything exceptional. Its expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Meal was overpriced; not worth the money and no kids menu. The lamb was average at best, and the lasagna was flavorless.
- Fabulous eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here with a wonderful meal. The food was flavorful and excellent. The service was prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. The ambiance was romantic, and the wine suggested by our server paired perfectly with our meal. The piece of tiramisu with a birthday candle was the perfect finale to a fabulous evening. Will definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Dinner with my girlsKingerDined on 6/28/2014Had a great dinner here again. The service and management is awesome. Performed magic tricks for the girls. The General Manager David also visited the table. Very nice dining experience. Food was great and the service was better.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Great food and service. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Birthday LuncheonBostonDined on 6/28/2014This was our second visit to Paleo. The food is absolutely delightful as well as the presentation. Randy, our server, was more than gracious and took very good care of us. The restaurant itself is lovely and our seating was by the windows overlooking the people/activities on West Market Street in Leesburg. Parking is right across the street, which was a big plus for us. The selection of wines will blow you over.Special Features:
- The very best in LeesburgSteveCDined on 6/27/2014Celebrating our daughter's birthday, we enjoyed another perfect dinner. This expertly managed fine dining venue never misses the mark, but the time you walk through the door, until the wonderful staff bids you farewell. The service here, expertly managed by Jose this night, adds dramatically to artwork that comes from Chef Ian Dieter's kitchen. Already long since Leesburg's very best venue, this team seems to just improve every aspect of the dining experience with each visit. Doesn't get much better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining for a special occasionTombaDined on 6/26/2014We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary at Palio's. The food was excellent and the waiter Randy was very attentive with great service. We would go again.Special Features:
- Love Palios....VAwineloverDined on 6/21/2014I love the staff and the food at Palios - they really don't disappoint and the live music on Saturday was simply enjoyable - thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all the food is delicious hereLiLKidneysDined on 6/15/2014this was our 3rd time dining at Palio. ambiance is okay, but we come back for the food. this time around it was the salad invernale followed by scallops and veal scallopini. i often get veal scallopini at italian restaurants, including a number of them in Italy, and Palio's was hands down the best I've ever had. the meat was almost paper thin, served over a tasty pasta (like spätzle) and drizzled with the most delicious sage flavored sauce. Her scallops with risotto was also excellent, the scallops cooked melt-in-your-mouth perfect. we've never had room for dessert here, but appetizers and mains are all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!iheartfoodDined on 6/13/2014We were placed in a room that had no AC running. It was hot, even the servers looked miserable in their black long sleeved uniforms. They put 2 small fans in the room - pathetic! It's supposed to be fine dining but we were not offered with pepper, cheese or anything like that. Server will cross over the table to pour water on glasses. When we asked them to box our kids leftovers, they combined all of them in a box. My one kid has food allergy and they are aware of it so they should have not done that. Food is very salty too. Sad, sad experience.
- The CuisneFoodDined on 6/10/2014Three different menu selections ... three very happy campers ... Meal #1: Lamb -- cooked to perfection; splendid presentation; Meal #2: Salmon -- not dry, perfectly cooked, moist, tender, sides were a perfect match; Meal #3: Grilled chicken revealed crispy skin, nicely browned ... vegetables were slightly over-salted, but I rarely salt my food, so my fault for not specifying "no extra salt" .... everything was yumm-OH!Special Features:
- Nice Service; Food Not So GoodMaenadDined on 6/7/2014The wait staff were all courteous and efficient. However, each dish had shortcomings, some serious. The crab-stuffed mushrooms had a tasty red wine reduction and was overall a good dish, but the cheese gratin topping was an unnecessary heavy addition. The caprese salad had a nice sauce but unripe (crunchy) tomatoes and grainy, tasteless mozzarella. We could have done better by shopping at Wegman's. The Wild mushroom risotto had so much butter and salt it hid the flavor of the ingredients. The frutti di mare tagliatelle tasted fine, but at $30 was very overpriced for the amount of seafood in the dish. The tiramisu was a wet mush where it was impossible to distinguish the various components. As if it had frozen and then defrosted.
- Jazzy Saturday NightRichnKathyDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner at Palio. It was a Saturday date night for us and we really enjoyed the Dinner. The service was excellent, and the Jazz trio that played only heightened our experience. A great spot for a romantic dinner date, and I would highly recommend it to friends. We will return very soon, especially if the same Jazz trio is playing!Special Features:
- Luv2BrunchLuv2BrunchDined on 5/24/2014Evening started with hostess trying to sit us near the live music. When we asked to move, we were quickly accommodated. We were taken to the upstairs dining room, which was fairly empty as well. The ambiance is great for a neighborhood restaurant and just what we hoped for. The service equally excellent. We had our drink order and bread with olive oil within minutes. Unfortunately the food suffered fir quality. The crab stuffed mushrooms tasted like they came from the frozen food section and were served with a tart wine sauce. The veal was drenched in a cream sauce meant for pasta, where it should have been left alone. For a drink, I would return. But, not for dinner. Cost = $ 125 for two.
- Quaint Italian Place in LeesburgLeesburgFanDined on 5/22/2014The menu is not overwhelming, but has sufficient choices. Oddly enough spaghetti & meat balls was not on the menu. However, the lasagna was and it is delicious!Special Features:
- great italian mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I had the crab cakes and the taste and texture of the cakes was excellent. I must say the vegetables were very good as well, roasted potatoes and squash.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereVAwineloverDined on 5/11/2014Palio's is a upscale Italian find in Leesburg - great food, wine and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Leesburg BistrofrenchyfiedDined on 5/11/2014What a delightful find for Sunday brunch and antique shopping afterward. Had the steak and eggs with hollandaise. Divine. Waiter was charming and well-informed. Prices were reasonable and the mimosa had fresh squeezed juice. Lovely all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal and Experiencekw13088Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day brunch. Really nice selection and flavors on the menu. The eggs benedict with speck and italian toasted bread was excellent. The scallops and mushroom risotto was outstanding. Lasagna was very flavorful. Only downside was the lack of a kids menu, which I understand for every other day except on Mother's Day. The kids found something they could and would eat, just ended being a bit pricey for the kids entrees. Overall a really outstanding meal and experience. THANKS so much.Special Features:
- Was okBABSDined on 5/10/2014Restaurant was ok - the waiter was bad and snobby and the food was just ok. Wine list not great and the waiter was not knowledgeable about the wines. Would probably not go back. Over priced for the quality of what you get.
- Unbelievable!MikeVIPDined on 5/9/2014Anniversary dinner for my wife and me. Food is amazing and unlike anything you find any place else. All of the staff was very friendly and fun. Hugo and Bill were terrific, fun waiters. They made excellent suggestions from the wine to the food. The most fun we have had in some time.Special Features:
- Good but priceyBryanDined on 5/9/2014Wife and I chose this restaurant after finding it on Restaurant.com. Even with a $25-off coupon it was pricey only because the portions were very small. We ordered the lobster ravioli, which was to die for, except that there were only 2 or 3 ravioli amid 4 large shrimp in a sauce. That's it. This dish was $35. The second dish was pasta with meat at $25, and there was almost enough food. We didn't order appetizers, which I would advise since their entrees are small, but then you're adding cost of at least another $15-30. Bottom line, the prices should come down, or the portions should increase; or, at the very least, the restaurant should disclose the portion sizes.Special Features:
- Disappointed value for the $BK12Dined on 5/2/2014Hosted a small client group from out of town hoping to treat them to a great meal while experiencing the Town of Leesburg with out having to go to Tyson's or Reston. Service was poor and even had to ask to speak with the manager (never even came to table) to voice our displeasure. Overall - food was good, atmosphere noisy, wait staff young and disorganized with no supervision or direction.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef Making a DifferenceSteveCDined on 5/2/2014The arrival of Chef Ian Dieter last month continues to make a big difference. Still only minor menu changes, but the improvement in the presentations are dramatic. From the carpaccio appetizer (Chef Ian's third version in a month) to the very unique Halibut presentation, everything from the kitchen was perfect; made even better by Jose's expert management of the service. All very good news for the locals, and perhaps not so good news for nearby competition. The very best fining dining venue in Leesburg.Special Features:
- The following 147 reviews are from the Palio Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Exceptional experienceHeidiDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I dined at Palio last night and the evening was perfect. The restaurant is beautiful, located in old Leesburg. The food was exceptional. Our waiter impeccable. We followed our servers recommendations on both wine and meals. The two appetizers, capriccio and crab stuffed mushroom, were great. The entrees, again waiter recommended steak and scallops, were wonderful, tasty and perfectly prepared. But maybe best of all, the environment of the restaurant is more like you are dining at the home of a friend. We loved it! Thanks Palio!Special Features:
- B-Day DinnerGR8bdayDined on 4/29/2014Loved every bit of it. Service was very good, nothing was rushed but the food was amazing, way above my expectations. First time eating at this restaurant but it is now on the top of my list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014The entree choices were varied and the food was very good but the prices are a bit high. Maybe that is why the place was quite empty on a Saturday night. Service was so so. Because it wasn't busy service could have been a bit more attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.