Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie
8465 Holloway Dr.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palihouse.com/dining.asp
- Phone: 3236564100x120
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Daily: 7:00am - 6:00pm;
Dinner: 5:00pm - Close;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Peters
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available for parties of 15 - 50.
- Private Party Contact: Events 3236564100x120
A word from Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie
Under the direction of Executive Chef, Mathew Woolf; Avi Brosh's Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie offers a playful brasserie menu that is updated seasonally. See you at the Brasserie!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- goodidrojDined on 7/18/2014Waiter was pretty helpful and the ambiance was correct. good food, nice hotel-boutique different areas to chill outSpecial Features:
- Poor food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014The ambience is great. The food is subpar. The restaurant has great potential. It's clearly suffering from poor leadership.
- Kinda bland...foodlover9000Dined on 6/12/2014I love the courtyard at Palihouse but I made the mistake of ordering the bland, flavorless chicken that comes alone on a plate with half a lemon. Maybe the server asked if I wanted sides but, really, they should insist you order sides because that's the only way that chicken was going to get any flavor. Actually, just have sides with your main courses, Palihouse. One of my dining companions ordered the salmon and it was just that: a bland piece of salmon on a stark white plate. At least it gave us something to laugh about. The decor is lovely but it was completely dead on a Thursday evening and I'm guessing it was because of the food...Special Features:
- Mayfair WestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/25/2014I just think it's a little confusing that they are serving a British inspired menu in what is a very typical feeling Los Angeles courtyard. The whole hotel feels very LA, and then has this British motif loosely interwoven. Stick with what's good, keep the Hollywood in West Hollywood and the Garden in Covent Garden, but not both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, pricey but deliciousArissabrightVIPDined on 5/13/2014Loved almost everything about Palihouse. The one drawback was the price, however the food/service/ambience more than made up for it. Will be back to this beautiful courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie reviews archive.
- first time pali house goerruthspalDined on 4/10/2014This was a dreamy romantic setting for me and my date, with fabulously attentive service, fantastic wines and a quirky, delicious menu. I had the small plates and a side and my date did too. We'd go back in a heart beat, esp becuase the service was friendly, unobtrusive but really welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DisasterBolejarDined on 2/14/2014What could have been so good turned out to be a complete disaster. It took over 2 hours to eat dinner from the time they first brought the starter course until our desert arrived. This was a six course meal, but each course was about the size of a tablespoon or less. I would say it was enough food to fit on a fork. My date and I actually tried to fit each course onto our fork and eat it in one bite. We could do this rather easily with 4 of the 6 courses. The other two were just a tiny bit too big. Besides the tiny portions the delay between courses was horrific. At one point I set my timer on my phone and let it run on the table in clear view of everyone. We had finished our tiny course and found ourselves also out of wine for 17 minutes!
- Valentines restaurant meltdowndgleasonVIPDined on 2/14/2014Palihouse must have bit off more than they could chew with the Valentine's Day prix fixe. All the dishes were late (averaging about :30 minutes between courses), many were only luke warm when they got to the table, and some were really bland. I don't know if the menu was too ambitious for them or they had more people than they're used to, but virtually all of the tables in my area were complaining, one got up mid meal and left, and the rest of us had bets about when food would come out and whether it would be cold. Our waiter was trying and gave us a complimentary wine flight, but he and the other servers also looked like they were spread too thin. First clue should have been last minute availability on open table on valentine's.
- The place itself is prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2014The place itself is pretty and romantic, but unforunately the food is horrible. The peolpe who serve the food have no idea which table the food should go to. We actually had to leave the place without desert because we just couldn't stand it anymore.
- Great ambience not so great serviceJamsDined on 2/14/2014We spent Valentine's here. This place is always great, however, due to our waiters inability to properly serve us this special night was just so so. It was a pre-fixed menu so it shouldn't have been that difficult to explain the menu to us, or to check on us through out the courses to make sure the food was adequately prepared. But alas this did not happen and two of the courses were undercooked. But by the time our waiter did come over, mind you without asking how the food was, we were more than ready to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The dinner was delicious and the service was friendly. The only negative was that our food was incredibly delayed. The restaurant offered a prefixed menu that night and our first course was brought out to the wrong table. The waitress asked us about 5x if we'd received our food yet and told us there had been a mix up. After a long delay we received our second course. Before we were done with the second course, the first course was brought out. Definitely not a smooth experience and kind of kills the mood for a romantic dinner. Especially felt unnecessary considering they are basically forcing a $200 dinner on you with only offering a prefix menu that night. Without that inconvenience though I'm sure it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend's and I stoppedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2014My girlfriend's and I stopped by here for a couple beers and appetizers and were all pleasantly surprised at how good everything was. The ambiance out in the courtyard is really nice, there are blankets provided for those who are a little further away from the heaters, which I thought to be a nice touch. It was a quiet Tuesday evening around 7pm and there were only 2-3 other tables, I would imagine it would be a little loud if it were full. We had the warmed deconstructed caesar salad (generous portion of bacon wrapped pork and a breaded egg), sticky ribs (falling off the bone delicious) and the cauliflower (good, but small portion). All in all, the food and ambiance were great, we all decided we would like to come back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecletic venue with simpleBillVIPDined on 1/14/2014Ecletic venue with simple menu, tasty offerings and attentive staff.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2013It was ok. The portions are REALLY small. The scene is fun, and the drinks are wet, but the food wasn't great.Special Features:
- Can't Recommend ItDrVDHVIPDined on 10/5/2013Although several tables for 2 were available, we were seated by a noisy table of six, scrunched in beside a plant that touched the table. We asked to move to one of the other tables, but the waiter quickly said, "no, those are for people with reservations." I guess our reservations weren't the right kind! We persisted and we were seated at a nice quiet table. But just as our food was served, the fire alarm began shrieking. The staff seemed oblivious, diners were't given any direction or information, and after a moment we went outside to escape the noise and consider our next move. After the fire engines arrived and the alarm subsided, we went back in. Even then, nobody acknowledged the incident or the crimp it put in our experience.
- casual but upscalesmkris10Dined on 9/21/2013Great place for special celebration with friends or romantic evening with your partnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningTeddyDined on 9/13/2013Had a great dining experience at Palihouse Brasserie with a large group of friends. The setting was perfect - the courtyard is tranquil and welcoming (and would be romantic as well). The food was great - the steak that was a nightly special was especially notable. And the service excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Steak was over cooked and ...DanielDined on 6/11/2013I don't wanna talk about service. Buss boys were better than waiter.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013We ate in the courtyard and the atmosphere was perfect; from the plants to the mural it was a intimate and lovely spot. I ordered a dark and stormy to drink (delicious). The beet salad was excellent and I think my favorite if the night. The loup de mer was light and delicate. It was also delicately accompanied, which our waitress with the charming accent made me aware of when I ordered it so I was not disappointed. We were asked if we wanted to begin with bread and were a little dismayed to see it (a mere $2) on the bill. We ended the chocolate tart, that was a bit too understated, and my least favorite part of the meal. We ended up staying in the lounge area to have more drinks and dancing. All in all it was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little stuffyhootannikbakhtVIPDined on 5/17/2013Gr8 place but It was a little stuffy inside. Gr8 food.Special Features:
- Good Food, beautiful placeOFOODVIPDined on 5/12/2013The Plaihouse is like sitting in a courtyard in a european villa. The food was good, the service was good, and the ambieance was great. We were there for brunch, it was easy and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/31/2013I've never experienced worse service in my life. Our waitress disappeared for long stretches, we waited over an hour for our food, and the few other tables of people around us felt the same way. The best part about the experience was bonding with the other customers about what a terrible time we were all having.
- Great food, great place. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Great food, great place. Only problem I had was the staff wasn’t on top of their game and tried to make excuses for their mistakes.Special Features:
- Nothing on the menu, sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Nothing on the menu, sides included carmels and nuts. More like a mini bar menu. The service was atrocious. 7 tables in the restaurant, no one had food or drinks after 40 min to an hour. Out of bloody mary mix on Sunday brunch (the whole reason most people go). We paid for the half table of drinks we did get, cancelled our order and left.
- We dined at Palihouse on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013We dined at Palihouse on Valentines and were rather disappointed. Although the service and food was not terrible, it did leave us extremely underwhelmed. Our waitress was sweet and talkative, however, we felt like the whole experience was rushed. We barely got a break between drinks and meals and felt as if they were trying to get us out as soon as possible even though the restaurant wasn't even half full. As for the food, it was nothing special. The drinks were okay. Overall, this is a good place for drinks but nothing to write home about.
- Excellent valentines day dinner.AnthonyDined on 2/14/2013Excellent valentines day dinner. The courtyard was beatiful and romantic and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Not so happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013I've got to say how terribly annoyed I was. First our food came out Luke warm. Second the taste in our dishes for all of us were slightly not right. Then to add insult to injury I booked a table for 6 but one didn't show up but I was billed for six people ...? Our server left without saying anything and then some other person showed up Too!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in L.A! IChengVIPDined on 2/8/2013Best restaurant in L.A! I love this place! The atmosphere will calm anyone down :)Special Features:
- everything was great but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013everything was great but our waiter seemed a little slow....and he didn't have that many tables.Special Features:
- Walked in and saw entirelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2012Walked in and saw entirely nobody besides the hostess. We appreciated how empty the restaurant was, but at the same time were really hoping for a fun and vibrant crowd. It was after 9 pm on a Friday night, makes me curious on how much traffic they really drum up.Special Features:
- The New Dining Experience-COLD STEAmariabVIPDined on 11/13/2012The best thing i can say is the Fries were hot, delicate and crispy. As for my steak (and my client's) perfectly cooked but served cold with a cold dollop of herbed butter...in a restaurant with only three other tables. Its not like they were busy. if we didn't have a show to catch, our meals would have been sent back. Pali House remember this is LA-you won't be able to get by on just your good looks for long.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2012I enjoyed this restaurant very much. The beer battered jumbo prawn are out of this world and truly JUMBO.. I would recommend this place to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Overall a nice place. OverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012Overall a nice place. Over time it has been difficult to be sure of hours or when closed for function. Service is better when restaurant is fuller, it was almost empty when we were there.Special Features:
- Came here to celebrate myHGElliotVIPDined on 9/22/2012Came here to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant was incredibly accommodating, food was fantastic, and the place conveniently turned into a post dinner dance party...who could ask for anything more?!Special Features:
- Whilst it was actually quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Whilst it was actually quite perfect for me to find a corner and script study, I don't think I would recommend it to anyone other than those seeking a, well, quiet corner. The space is vast which is nice. That's really all I can say.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2012This was our first visit to the restaurant. We are able to walk to the restaurant from home which is ideal. When we opened the doors to the hotel we were pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful it looked. The outdoor patio for dining is quite lovely and allows you to easily have a conversation with another couple. The menu listed a variety of delicious options. All of us loved the entrees we ordered from the chicken to the corn pasta to the hanger steak. We will definitely go back in the near future.Special Features:
- Palihouse is another placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Palihouse is another place to see and be seen in West Hollywood. Scores of beautiful twenty-somethings pour in after 10 O'clock on a Friday night. If you like this atmosphere, you'll be in heaven. Outdoor patio is great. Had a french folk singer who was adorable while we were there. Food is a little hit and miss but mostly very good. Worth a visit when in WeHo that's for sure!Special Features:
- Great for groups or a dateKateDined on 8/10/2012I had a birthday party here on August 10, and my group had a wonderful time. It was a perfect night for a dinner out on the patio. The drinks were great and the food was eclectic. Many of us enjoyed the corn ravioli.After dinner, we had a couch area waiting for us. No hassle, cool vibe, and lots of fun! Thank you Dawn, William, and Rich for the arrangements.I have been here on other occasions, and the Lounge is also a great date place (comfy couches, candle-lit fireplace, unique decor).Special Features:
- First time there. AbsolutelyJayTeaThreeVIPDined on 7/28/2012First time there. Absolutely loved everything about it -- food, service, ambience, value...EVERYTHING! We will definitely be back, and we will tell our good friends about it (but we don't want too many people to know how awesome it is...).Special Features:
- I absolutely loved the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2012I absolutely loved the food, the ambience and the service so much when I went with my best friend that I went back the very next night with 6 more people. The variety, quality and taste of the food was amazing. The dishes are so unique and so tasty. The white wine Chardonnay pairing with it all was delicious. This is not a family style type dinner so it's easier to go with smaller parties rather than larger ones. Appetizers can feed mostly just 2 people but the entrees definitely make up for it as they are quite large. The courtyard is very nice and warm, very romantic and intimate. Having eaten at so many restaurants in LA, this one will leave you with a lasting impression. Definitely a step above the rest. I have found my new hotSpecial Features: