Palette at Phoenix Art Museum
1625 North Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palette at Phoenix Art Museum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phxart.org/palette
- Phone: (602) 257-2191
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Wednesday: 3:30pm - 8:00pm; Friday: 3:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Palette at Phoenix Art Museum
Palette is an exciting casual American restaurant offering a seasonally focused menu featuring organic vegetables, handcrafted cheeses, local meats, olives and Arizona boutique beers and wines. The menu showcases local farmers and producers, providing guests an artfully delicious experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palette at Phoenix Art Museum reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Lunch in a charming restaurantsam3timesDined on 11/13/2014l love going to the Palette Cafe after touring exhibits at the Museum. The view of the gardens was beautiful! The food is always good and my finical friend loved the chicken salad sandwich and fruit. I will be back! Jeremy was outstanding as our waitperson, once again. I always feel very welcomed when I enter the Palette Cafe. Great work everyone! C. KingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst in a long timeTaste4foodDined on 10/26/2014Made reservation. Waited over fiftyinutes and still didn't get our food. Was told it was because we had food that needed to be cooked. Huh? How long does it take to cook a grilled cheese sandwich? When I said I didn't feel like even paying for our drinks, the waiter who claims to be the manager, threatened to call the "cops" on us.. His words, not mine. Watched others come, eat, and go while we waited for some soup, a salad, and a grilled cheese sandwich. Got yelled at, like it was out fault. Then, we were actually asked to come back and give the restaurant another try. Fat chance! Spreading the word... To everyone I know...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Terrific server (service). friendly atmosphere, great place for friends to get together after Church, for lunch, not too noisy.Special Features:
- Great local food and drinksSTLLAPHXDined on 9/21/2014We stopped by for a quick lunch before going into the museum, and the food was fantastic. We loved the fresh ingredients and flavors of our crab cake sandwich and seasonal tart. We were especially impressed that the wine and beer are all from Arizona. Supporting our local brewers and winemakers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carryonVIPDined on 9/18/2014Very RUDE attitude from a waiter who obviously wished to be elsewhere. The quality of the food remains high and the tables with a view to the sculpture garden provide a soothing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Palette at Phoenix Art Museum reviews archive.
- PhilJDined on 7/31/2014The atmosphere and service were great, and the food was great, too. Would definitely return and have already recommend the cafe to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reprieve From HeatTastebudsDined on 7/26/2014Meander through the museum and eat lunch here. Convenient, nice views and tasty salads. No need to venture out into the heat while this little gem awaits. Service always with a smile and fresh ingredients delight the taste buds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu incorrectDisappointedVIPDined on 7/16/2014Restaurant menu does NOT provide the options shown in the Open Table app.Special Features:
- Nice experienceCheersDined on 7/6/2014Very nice experience. The setting at the museum is definitely a plus. Would dine there again and take friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014For an empty nester like me, it was a great elegant stress free 4 th of July celebration, will all the fixens! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinner and walk in muesumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Went there for a First Friday and they had a band playing. Food was buffet but excellent. The problem was that the band was SO LOUD as it was a multi piece band you couldn't talk across the table so it ruined the whole thought of it being a good date night. So it turned out to make us want to leave and go to the museum to actually have a conversation. For as many older people there I am very surprised the management didn't have the band tone it down.Special Features:
- Very nice experiencePandamanDined on 7/2/2014If going to the Phoenix Art Museum consider beginning or ending you experience at Pallette. Overall a very good experience for an affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodStormyDined on 6/27/2014Palette was a great place to not only get food that tasted and and was presented well but also as organic and local as possible. Service was impeccable and made us both want to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, Creative, but Priceydle313Dined on 6/27/2014While this is a convenient place to eat if you are visiting the Phoenix Art Museum, it can be pricey and noisy. We had an 11:30 reservation and it was close to empty, but by 12:30, there was a wait. We each spent $20 to get into the museum's special exhibit, then another $25 each for lunch (salad or wrap entree, non-alcoholic drink, tax, tip) And the food was tasty, but nothing extraordinary. Veggie wrap was just yellow and green summer squash with minimal seasoning in a large tomato-y wrap. Quinoa salad was very good, though. Friend enjoyed a small slab of salmon on greens although it was a bit dry. Service felt rushed and inattentive. Had to ask for refills of beverage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much in the way of ambiance...friendlyfoodDined on 6/25/2014...very bright and noisy. We almost didn't stay because it smelled very sour walking in and just felt uncomfortable--kind of a "cafeteria-feel." Fortunately the food was very good (kale salad with salmon was wonderful and the shrimp tacos pretty good) and the server did a great job considering how busy it was (with no host/hostess) and how understaffed they were. The bathroom was not very clean and out of soap (ugh!). And they only offer Arizona wines (sorry, but again, ugh!). Take out - yes. Eat in - not so much. My rating of "fair" is for the management, ambiance, and cleanliness factors, not for the quality of the food.
- butterflyDined on 6/24/2014Food was good, service was not. Very noisy at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch at the Museumbb333Dined on 6/22/2014We had a Sunday brunch prior to seeing the Hollywood exhibit at the museum. The service was friendly and prompt and the food was very fresh and tasty. They also offered several Arizona wines which is a rarity. Ask for a seat by the window or out doors in the sculpture garden in winter.Special Features:
- You will enjoy this restaurant.diner256Dined on 6/20/2014Great food and service. Great restaurant to have lunch or dinner either before or after plays or museum, or any occasion. Kent SheltonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at The Palette is amazingDianeDined on 6/20/2014Our group of 6 diners each had different dishes. Everyone raved about their dishes except for one. He thought the Kale salad was good but a little chewey. I personally had a delicious salmon salad. We also enjoyed the hummus. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Lunch was very good. I liked the menu choices; however, the server was very rushed. It was obvious he wanted the order taken and seemed bothered at times when you asked for water etc. He moved so fast around the table . Granted we were a group of 15 but SLOW DOWN. We weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day TreatCHPHDined on 6/15/2014Great for all ages. Not too noisy, bright and fun atmospher.Special Features:
- PAM venuePAMfriendDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant is convenient, the staff excellent and the food choices varied and interesting. They make a visit to the Art Museum a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More wait staff neededWarhols15minutesDined on 6/15/2014I timed our arrival, precisely at 12:30. Our menus arrived promptly with a polite server who introduced himself. He returned 20 full minutes later, and only after I used my "outside voice" to inform him, "We are ready when you are!" This restaurant is understaffed. As members of the Phoenix Art Museum we attend the exhibitions and films. This is the second time eating Sunday brunch at Palette when we have observed how incredibly busy the place is and how two waiters are simply not enough to get the job done in a timely fashion. Waiting 20 minutes for a waiter's return is unacceptable, I think. I want to emphasize that this is not the waiters' fault. They are consistently friendly and helpful, but there are just not enough of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Art of LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014I took my mom to the Hollywood Costume exhibit here and lunch for her birthday. Loved it! The menu tie-in with the exhibit was clever. We took our server's recommendation for the shrimp tacos and the salmon. It was all very well prepared, flavors were balanced and everything was delicious! I highly recommend a visit to both the museum and Palette.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Nice to have this lovely cafe inside the art museum! Food was delicious! It was crowded and very noisy...there was a table of very energetic children close by! That could account for two small mix-ups on our order. Nothing major, it did not change the fact that we had a wonderful lunch. The chicken salad and spinach salad were great! We were in/out within an hour....a great way to start our visit to the museum!Special Features:
- msy1Dined on 6/11/2014I did not know what to expect as I had never been to this restaurant. The food, overall experience and service was excellent. My friends all had the same experience. I would absolutely eat there again.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014Our waiter was very accommodating. Even gave us separate checks, when he was so very busy. Our food was delicious! The room was very noisy with 18 of us yacking at the same time, but we had a very good time. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fitness BuffBosoxDined on 5/28/2014The service was excellent as was the food. Serving size was very adequate and the fruit was really fresh. I highly recommend the PALETTE at the Phoenix Art Museum. The servers were friendly and efficient. Great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Busy!PattywatDined on 5/25/2014We made a reservation since it was recommended during the Hollywood Costume Exhibit, but I don't think it got us any special treatment. Two walk-in couples ahead of us, were seated quickly and we had to wait a bit until they got back for us. They were a bit understaffed and the person who greeted us, was also our waiter and he was literally running around trying to do everything and he did do pretty well. The food was very good. I had a delicious quiche/tart. My friend had a wrap, which she liked, and they salads were fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!julesVIPDined on 5/20/2014Could eat that wonderful, zingy kale salad every day! Great lime/ginger vinaigrette. And the iced tea is a perfect compliment on a hot summer day. Daniel is always friendly and very helpful. And you can always grab a brownie, cookie or brittle on your way out. And free, plentiful parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find Food & Fine ArtEnjoyLifeDined on 5/17/2014Small varied menu with good food. Very limited wine list.Special Features:
- Delightful!CamelotDined on 5/11/2014The ambience for Mother's Day Brunch 2014 was bustling yet personal. The staff was top notch in intuition, service and awareness, as usual. The menu included a few extra items. Our table found the crab benedict and spinach benedict dishes scrumptious and ate every bite. I found myself wanting a couple of asparagus slices with the dish in addition to the potatoes, but, the veggies were not part of the dish. The Mimosas were a nice touch and the ice tea a delightful flavor. Overall, Pallette at Phoenix Art Musuem is a delightful treat any day and this was the second time we celebrated Mother's Day at Pallette with success. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good finish to our tourdjlreviewDined on 5/10/2014We were pleased to see that our reservation was all set and waiting for us. It was a family outing to see the spectacular costumes and then on to the Pallette for a great lunch. The Iron Lady fish & chips was very excellent and my wife was amazed by the size of her chicken curry but the ingredients were not as advertised. The children enjoyed the chicken tenders.Special Features:
- Weekday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014There were two in our party. We enjoyed the Shrimp Tacos and a Curry sandwich. Both were Very Good. The service was Outstanding.Special Features:
- Art museum lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2014Fresh local produce, nice variety of menu items, great serviceSpecial Features:
- One of a Kindjplesa1Dined on 5/4/2014The food at Palette is consistently excellent, and of a creative variety consistent with the artistic setting. Service is polite and friendly, and the atmosphere is relaxed, in a beautiful setting with a view that evokes warmth, imagination and pleasant conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!normafromazDined on 5/3/2014Having such a great place for lunch with wonderful food extended the Museum experience. Made the whole day special.Special Features:
- To Noisy!DisappointedDined on 5/2/2014Four of us came for lunch prior to seeing the Hollywood Costume exibit. We each ordered something different. I had the curry chicken salad sandwich. I was disappointed as there was a thin layer of the chicken salad on a very thick large roll with lettuce and tomato. I think there should have been more chicken salad and less bun. It was very busy, and very difficult to talk to one another at the table. I do find that is a problem at many restaurants. It would be nice if there was outdoor seating with misters to enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Great food ih a pictutesque settingJamesDined on 5/1/2014Food was far better than expected. Salads were beautifully presented and prepared. Sumptous fish and chips were perfection. Waiter was attentive and not intrusive. A great experience for the beginning of an afternoon at the museum.Special Features:
- THE PALETTE RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2014MY HUSBAND HAD A REUBEN AND I HAD THE SHRIMP TACOS. WE BOTH AGREED THAT THE FOOD WAS EXCEPTIONAL. WE WILL DEFINITELY EAT THERE AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.