Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine
4849 W 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palermos95th.com/
- Phone: 7084256262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 11am - 10:30pm: Friday and Saturday: 11 am - 10:30 pm; Sunday: 1pm - 10pm. Closed Tuesdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Maureen 7084256262x321
- Special Events: Please call Dorothy Bauer our Banquet Manager at 780-425-6262 Ext.321
A word from Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine
For outstanding Italian cuisine, look no further than Palermo's 95th. This family run, award winning restaurant specializes in authentic veal, steak, pasta, and fresh seafood creations for lunch and dinner. Established in 1961 by Ben and Nina Calderone, the family tradition still continues thru their sons, Anthony and William. Sherman Kaplen of WBBM radio says, "Palermo's 95th is a true diamond among the southwest side Italian restaurants!" The grilled shrimp and calamari and the 8-finger cavetelli are outstanding. Plus check out their extensive wine and martini list. Featured on WTTW Check Please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Oak Lawn ›
Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (23)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (9)romantic (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always greatGerryDined on 9/20/2014We have been going to Palermo's 95th for over 25 years. We used to live nearby, but have moved away 16 years ago. Always worth a trip. The pizza is good, but we never order it because of the great and variety of appetizers, salads, seafood, chicken entrees and of course outstanding pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Just simply the best pizzaclarkVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place has been here for a long time and there's a reason for that it's the best pizza Hans is the manager and he's the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsreservationpoliceVIPDined on 9/6/2014When I take the time to make reservations through open table, not sure why others that DO NOT make reservations are seated before me with the same size party. The women at the front desk, seemed to be more interested in talking to each other and playing with their hair vs. taking care of customers. As a matter of fact, my menu had two pieces of long hair in it which was just plain gross. The food is good, service is good but it is very difficult to get past the front desk craziness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We have been going to Palermos for years - great food, and normally great service. Unfortunately, we managed to have the only waitress having a bad day, and taking it out on the customers. This was not normal for this restaurant, and I would recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Our recurring experience is, if there are only 2 or 3 in your party you will be stuck at a tiny table outside of the restrooms or the kitchen
- Decent Local RestaurantindiguyDined on 8/2/2014My experience at this restaurant was hardly remarkable. I started by making a 7:30 dinner reservation for two. We showed up on time, but were not seated for another 30 minutes. In fact, everyone else in the waiting area was seated before we were. I guess a "reservation" at this restaurant is little better than showing up and putting your name on the list. After finally being seated, the service was acceptable and the food was decent. The server did a good job and made sure we were taken care of. Overall, I was not really impressed by this restaurant. I feel like I can get the same food elsewhere for better or similar prices--perhaps at a restaurant where a reservation actually means they hold a table for you.Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014We got there before 3:00 and were told we could order from the lunch menu. However when the waitress came to the table she said this was not an option. Instead we spent twice as much. The food was not that good and the waitress in our opinion had a terrible attitude.
- Great place for lunch or dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Good location, good food, the waitress was friendly, and the parking is ample with a complimentary valet.Special Features:
- Always Delicious!Live2EatVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love dining at Palermo's! There are so many delicious choices on the menu, it is hard to make a decision. From appetizers to dinners and desserts, from sandwiches to pizza and cocktails and then there is the hot bread, olive oil, and cheese.....wow! Don't forget the daily specials, especially Thursday Osso Bucco night....the best in Chicago. And the wine list offers some nice choices not to mention the martinis. The service is always friendly and attentive. Eating at Palermo's always makes dining out a special occasion......we look forward to every visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie717Dined on 7/9/2014Had a great time, loved how the martinis were pourd at the table. Esther was our waitress and she was patient and not over bearing. Would definitely love to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palermo's Missed the MarkImsassie2u2Dined on 7/6/2014We were disappointed with the experience this time. The food was not what we have become accustomed to. Upon our arrival they had no clue we had a reservation. I mentioned Open Table and the hostess looked at me like I was from another planet. Upon seating us they sat us at a table literally crammed up against a wall and on top of the tables on either side. The server could only serve us from one corner of the table and when I had to use the restroom the poor girl at the table next to me had to get up and move her chair. The food was average and not at all the quality we have, over the years, experienced. Needless to say we will not visit the Oak Lawn location again.
- palermos on 95th is the bestsquirrelwhispererDined on 7/5/2014We have been going to Palermo's on 95th in Oak Lawn for at least 40 years and always have great food and service. Their thin crust sausage pizza with garlic is the best ever. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great friendly neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Great pestoHawkeye2001Dined on 6/11/2014Since visiting Rome I try to find great pesto sauce. I finally found one here. Thanks Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER GO THERE TWO THUMBS DOWNOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014$25.00 FOR A SALAD. $15.00 FOR A PITCHER OF BEER. ARE THEY CRAZY. GO ANYWHERES ELSE FOR HALF THE COST. FIGHT TO PARK JUST TO GET ROBBED ON YOUR DINNER. I RECOMMENDED NEVER GO AGAIN. NOT WORTH THE EXPENSES. OVER RATED. HIGH PRICE. CROWDED .
- Usually a Hit; This Night a Miss!FoodDined on 5/31/2014I love the food at this restaurant, particularly the pizza. It is to die for! A childhood favorite - we now drive 15-20 miles to get here. We typically receive good service and great food; however, this particular night was off. I don't know if they were short-handed, so I will put that out there - if this was the case. We were constantly looking for our waitress to refill drinks. Our pizza was served cold and we had an item we didn't order on our bill. It took a while for out pizza to be collected and placed in back in the oven, but all ended well.Special Features:
- The following 385 reviews are from the Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Excellent pizzaChicagoDave1Dined on 5/25/2014Best pizza I've had in the Chicago area, although the rest of the menu is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DandDDined on 5/23/2014Food was great, but service this particular night was BAD!Special Features:
- Great food - BYO utensilsPugnaciousVIPDined on 4/26/2014Palermo's pizza ranks in my top 3 choices (inclusive of Lou Malnati's and the original Vito and Nick's) in a town with limitless choices. Their other food is good as well and a nice selection when dining with a family - but pizza rules. We were seated promptly which is always a good beginning. I ordered pizza (love the thin crispy crust) and the rest of my part ordered variations of pasta dishes and anti-pasta salads - all very satisfying. I just don't understand how a restaurant runs out of utensils (spoons to be specific). Lacking spoons at the beginning of our meal (really helpful with soup) and then again at dessert time (you need to order the Nina's Cassatta Cake - Delicious) served without spoons ?!?Special Features:
- My favorite pizza placeSherDined on 4/18/2014I grew up in area and when I come home, we MUST get a Palermos pizza and baked clams. Get the pizza thin and crispy style! A bottle or wine or glass of beer round out the meal. Service is good. Always nice. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our VisitnickDined on 4/12/2014GREAT FOOD AS ALWAYS. NEVER WORRY ABOUT A HIT OR MISS EVENING. GREAT SERVICE AND OWNER ALWAYS ON SITE CHECKING WITH PATRONS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little CrampedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Food was excellent. The service something else. I guess it because when you try to jam 8 people in a spot for 5 or 6 its no surprise that you get elbows in your face, reached over and expected to pass plates to the members of your party. Oh I forgot to mention that the jam was at the table next to ours and the waitress could not even pass between the tables.Special Features:
- great food, great timesftzDined on 3/22/2014This place is always a lot of fun to go to and the food and service is excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Italian Restaurant, a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Palermo's ha great food, great service and a friendly warm atmosphere. What more can you ask for - except the best thin crust pizza in Chicago land; and they have that too! Don't miss this place, you'll come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizzathebestDined on 3/15/2014In all the times that we have been coming to Palermo's this one was not the best .. It seemed like it took forever to get the pizza and then when we did , it was just warm , not piping hot like it usually is and you need to wait a few to take a bite... So, my guess is that it was left on the counter waiting to be brought to the table... My husband ordered a sandwich , and it did not come out at the same time as the pizza.. he had to wait about 5 min to get his, not sure why... but the pizza is the best...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jr101202Dined on 3/8/2014Food was wonderful. A bit pricey compared to other local Italian Restaurants, but well worth the extra charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar to small and when peoplestrazDined on 2/22/2014Bar to small and when people are waiting between the seats and the bar some people are standing.Special Features:
- food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014The food & service was great. Def recommend using the opentable so you aint got to wait.Special Features:
- Great First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2014I just went there with a first date! Our server was very kind and patient with us as we took far more time than most couples would. We spent a lot of time talking and getting to now one another. The service was excellent and the food was very tasty! My only concern was the noise level. It is VERY loud when they are busy! It is difficult to hear the person next to you. Other than that, it was perfect! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VALENTINES DAYcutiepieDined on 2/14/2014MY HUSBAND AND I WENT TO PALERMOS FOR DINNER TO CELEBRATE OUR 22ND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. WE HAD RESERVATIONS AND WERE SEATED IMMEDIATELY. THE WAITRESS WAS WELCOMING, FREINDLY AND ATTENTIVE. THEY OFFERED VALET PARKING OR SELF PARK AS WELL. IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME AND HAD BEEN RECOMENDED. IWE WOULD DINE THERE AGAIN. I WOULD HAVE PREFERED A SECLUDED TABLE FOR TWO, BUT THE AMBIENACE AND MUSIC WAS TRADITIONAL ITALIA WHICH I REALLY ENJOYED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service were good.CathyDined on 2/7/2014Food & service were good. Always can count on a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food as usual.sjohn91935Dined on 2/3/2014Went for a birthday dinner and had a fantastic meal as expected. They saute chicken and was out standing as always. Would highly recommend for a Fantastic DinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious Italian foodjennVIPDined on 1/31/2014A group of 5 girlfriends together for delicious Italian food. I enjoyed the seafood stew and will come back again just for that! My friends enjoyed the Sicilian shrimp and squae pasta. Enjoyed the large circular table, which was wonderful for communication. THe restaurant itself is kind of loud, due to it being crowded! Which shows that people enjoy this place. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday experienceMarcelDined on 1/29/2014We celebrated my birthday tonight. My friends who drove all the way from Aurora enjoyed the experience and the food. We had Mosco Mule for a drink and really enjoyed it. Our server was fabulous, everything she suggested was excellent and up to par! We had friend calamari, chicken parmigiana, rib eye stek sandwich with a side of spaghetti with meat sauce and grilled chicken salad. We also got a nice tiramisu dessert for my birthday with a candle. It was a nice touch and we had a wonderful night with friends celebrating my birthday . . . and simply catching up. Thank you Palermo Team. See you again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great but theGirl21VIPDined on 1/25/2014The food was great but the service was slow. It wasn't the waitress' fault. The restaurant overbooked with reservations.
- Late Night DinnerMandaMcKDined on 1/15/2014My boyfriend and I got a late start deciding what to have for dinner the other night. After he couldn't make up his mind by 7:45 p.m, I jumped on Open Table and made us a reservation for 8:30. Well, it was phenomenal as always. We didn't get their ciabatta bread, but the bread we got instead was still yummy. We both ordered drinks, he got an Old Fashioned which was very well made and I got a glass of Peach Bellini which was great. The pizza came out right after we finished our bread, and it was great. My boyfriend is a pizzaholic and he loved it. Our server Ken was wonderful and our dinner date was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably delish Italian fareDoZeDined on 1/11/2014You can count on Palermo's to deliver Italian favorites in a friendly atmosphere with great service. The wine list has been updated, with several outstanding selections at moderate prices. Palermo's Cosmo, made w limoncello, was delightful. Of course, Nina's Cassata Cake is always a sweet touch to end the meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic Foodsjohn91935Dined on 12/31/2013Having gone to Palermo's for many years but never on New Years Eve, I was still pleased to find that even during such a busy night the drinks, food and service was impeccable. I would definitely highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip.DiyaDined on 12/30/2013Best pizza, fantastic service, extremely accommodating and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaFoodLvrDined on 12/28/2013We had decided to try the pizza after seeing this restaurant on "Check Please!". The pizza was delicious and the service was outstanding. Nice balance between topping and crust, not too salty in spite of the pile of cheese on the top. I could actually taste the peppers in the topping, they were crunchy and not soggy. Our server was OUTSTANDING and so was the free valet service. Highly recommended, thank you Palermo's for a great time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Italian styleRFHKVIPDined on 12/28/2013Extensive menu anyone can find something to eat and the servings are generous. The pasta fagioli was delicious. Two in our party had the Sicilian shrimp with peppers, which was fantastic. Another had the pork cutlet and thought it was delicious, while the last person I. Our party had the fettuccine Alfredo and enjoyed. We all thought our meals were better than Mia Francesca's down the street. We will definitely go back.Special Features: