Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palazzos.com/
- Phone: 7135226777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00 pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Palazzo's provides full service catering for event of 60 or more as well as Party Pans; menu items packed in disposable containers for delivery and take out.
- Private Party Facilities: Palazzo's River Oaks has 4 Party Rooms to accomodate your event with room for between 20 and 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: J. J. Jackson 7135226777
A word from Palazzo's Trattoria
Welcome to your favorite neighborhood trattoria where the food is homemade and the atmosphere is casual. Welcome to a restaurant that prides itself in offering only the freshest ingredients to create mouthwatering entrees and delectable desserts. Welcome to a place where the heavenly aroma from the kitchen greets you at the door, and a caring staff tends to your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palazzo's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sadly, the Westheimer locationJockDocVIPDined on 2/23/2013Sadly, the Westheimer location is closing. Great, basic italian food.
- On what unbeknownst to usOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2013On what unbeknownst to us in advance turned out to be this location's next-to-last night, we were lucky enough to enjoy one final meal at one of our longtime favorite neighborhood casual Italian spots. After 11 years, it turns out that the owner has sold the building and closing this location [the other two--further west out Westheimer] will remain open. And for 11 years, it was a go-to spot, especially when the kids were in school and wanted pizza or calamari while we wanted pasta or chicken or veal. It had something for all generations. It had a great patio for the three months in Houston that it's tolerable to dine outside. And reasonable wine. We will miss it. Thanks Chuck, Al, Joyce, JJ et al for all the good times. Good luSpecial Features:
- Will be backStevenCVIPDined on 2/16/2013First visit. Friendly staff, tasty food...wonderful Tiramisu! Also does takeawaySpecial Features:
- Went to Dinner on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Went to Dinner on Valentine's Day, Everything we ordered was delicious. Their crabcakes were fantastic. I ordered the house salad and CHicken Marsala and that was delicious. My husband the spaghetti and meatballs which was also very good. They were kind enough to pack it to go as I had an emergency to attend to, but even then the food was delicious at home.Special Features:
- The service was slow and inattentivOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013The service was slow and inattentive, the food was marginal at best, the crab cake was greasy and looked like it was just thrown on the plate. The chocolate cake looked and tasted like a frozen Sarah Lee cake and was still not totaly thawed out when served
- Our server was distractedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2013Our server was distracted the whole evening. They gave us only the set menu's for Valentines Day when we sat down. We assumed that we had to order off of it. When we saw others ordering things that weren't on the set menu my wife asked about it. The server's response was "well you should have asked!".
- Very nice meal. AttentiveLuncheonVIPDined on 2/13/2013Very nice meal. Attentive staff and very quiet for the night before Valentine's. Will defintely be back.
- Perfect like alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2013Went for the 7th or 8th time in the last year and once again it was all perfect! service was amazing, along with the delicious food, we ate the Mahi Mahi special of the day and the veal picatta. Started with the mussels and, well what can we say they all tasted great. We even tried their brownie dessert, and we were hesitant as we were full nevertheless it came out and it was perfect as well, not too big and not to small perfect for sharing after an amazing meal!Special Features:
- We love going there, and areOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2013We love going there, and are always pleased when we leave.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!HoustonfoodieDined on 1/22/2013I had a business meeting here and I was very pleased with the set up and service. The wait staff allowed us to chat and did not pressure us to order immediately. They were very respectful of our purpose and put us in a quite table so we could conduct our meeting. I was very impressed and will return for many other occasions.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2013Great place to take a date with, we were celebrating my girlfriend birthday and i brought 24 candles because she asked for that, so i asked the waiter to put them all on the dessert and he went through the process of melting each one and having them stand up around the dessert! it was incredible! never had anyone do anything close to that. thank you Palazzo's for having a great staff and amazing food!Special Features:
- Just okay. Probably willSpiderrollerVIPDined on 1/11/2013Just okay. Probably will not go back. For an Italian Restaurant, you should have fresh grated parmesan, not like it's out of a can like you'd find at a pizza place. Sorry... but... our favorite is still Grotto, Maggiano's, Corelli's...... this restaurant was nowhere near the quality in terms of food nor service. I always will hit up Open Table and try a new place.... that's how we ended up at Palazzo's. Price is in line with Grotto for example, but food nowhere near the quality.
- Food was excellent. ThereKenfVIPDined on 1/5/2013Food was excellent. There were 4 in our party. We all ordered something different and all four enjoyed our meals.
- Very good and solidOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012While this restaurant may not be the "hottest restaurant" type in terms of reviews, it has very good food, very good service and is priced reasonably. I have been to the restaurant at least 10 times and every time it has been very good food and very good service. Their breadsticks as an opening offering are great and the tomato basil soup and entrees are very good as well. It's just a very good restaurant that is reliably good and leaves you walking away very satisfied.Special Features:
- We always enjoy Palazzo's.NormVIPDined on 12/31/2012We always enjoy Palazzo's. The food and service is top notch and the manager always comes by and greets us.Special Features:
- Great find!BiancaVIPDined on 12/31/2012Drove by many times, noticed on Open Table. Had a great dinner with a friendly waiter. Can't wait to go back and try more items on the menu.Special Features:
- Despite making reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2012Despite making reservations for Valentine's Day the day before, they had tables open...I'm not sure why...the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service at great price!HoustonfoodieDined on 12/20/2012I went here for a work holiday lunch. Food was reasonably priced for the quality of food and service. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Southwest Lasagna To Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/5/2012I wanted to take someone special on a great Italian lunch in Houston. I went on OpenTable and, after reviewing my options decided that Palazzo's Trattoria seemed like a great option as it was close to my house and had great reviews. It lived up to my expectations and then some! The sausage and peppers were divine and flavorful, the Caprese salad was fresh, and the Southwest Chicken Lasagna was to die for. It is an amazingly awesome Southwest take on a traditional Italian dish. The sugarosa sauce alone is worth ordering it for. I will definitely be back again with a big group of friends.Special Features:
- As always, delicious and wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/26/2012As always, delicious and wonderful. Of all the restaurants in town, I like their marinara the best.Special Features:
- We went with a group of 6NelsonVIPDined on 11/17/2012We went with a group of 6 and had attentive and helpful service. The food was very fairly priced and pretty tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Will give them a try for lunch soon.Special Features:
- The food was good at a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/12/2012The food was good at a great value. Our waitress was courteous, attentive, and pleasant.Special Features:
- There were about 3 tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2012There were about 3 tables at dinner. They are replacing pics on the wall so there are holes in the walls. The food had way too much sauce, too salty, and a ton of food crammed on a plate. The service was just Ok. There is nothing great about this restaurant that would make me want to return.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012I took an employee here for dinner at 6PMish. Though we were the only folks in the restaurant - many other people came after 7PM. Even still, the noise level was low and the service remained excellent.Special Features:
- The interior and exteriorAlwaysVIPDined on 8/27/2012The interior and exterior needs work - very tired looking and worn. It did not do the food or service justice. Both were very good.
- Food is good. Always a lowcrinksDined on 7/27/2012Food is good. Always a low noise level, which is good for conversing with table mates.Special Features:
- I was quite pleased with theNanavickieDined on 7/25/2012I was quite pleased with the range of variety on the lunch menu. Everything ordered at our table was delicious. We will definitely return for more!Special Features:
- Out for a special dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Out for a special dinner with our 15 year old. Food was good and our server was terrific! there were two large parties in the area we were seated, so sometime a bit louder than was comfortable.Special Features:
- The number one thing to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012The number one thing to be known about this restaurant is that food is amazing extremely good. Not too pricy but worth every penny. I would suggest to go later on at night just for ambiance reasons. Service could use a little work but nothing to completely ignore the place for overall i would give it a 4 out of 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Good neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2012We went back to an old standby and were not disappointed. From the bountiful baskets of pizza crust bread to reasonable wine prices to favorite neighborhood Italian dishes, Palazzo's did not disappoint our group of 6. As an added bonus, Chuck has returned to the management side of the restaurant and has helped beef up the service side of things.Special Features:
- The restaurant is light andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2012The restaurant is light and pleasant to be in. And the food is delicious. I had the veal piccata, done to perfection. The house salad was fresh fresh fresh and topped with wonderful feta crumbled. The olive oil and herb dipping sauce for the bread was mouth-watering, and the bottle of pinot noir was excellent. One in our party of four had the special, and reported it as wonderful as it looked -- a fish dish. We will definitely return to this restaurant. Best of all, the noise level was such that we did not have to scream to have a conversation.
- Wish it were closer!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Really enjoyed eating here with our kids. It was the first time we have taken them, and they loved eating outside. Our waiter was very attentive to them (and us). The outdoor patio is awesome, and will be even better once the fence is covered with vines and is hopefully slightly more obscured from the street. We drove in from Pearland (we used to live close to Palazzo's and went there frequently). Wish it were closer to us now; it's definitely one of those "go to" restaurants that is consistently good. Food is as good as we remember, and the new location is great. The old restaurant had a funny smell - big improvement in the new building!Special Features:
- We were there at an odd timeJKPJMUVIPDined on 4/6/2012We were there at an odd time so it was very quiet, not sure it would be that way during peak times. The bread was delicious and fresh out of the oven. I enjoyed every bite of my meal!Special Features:
- This place is fast becomingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012This place is fast becoming a staple in my rotation. Though I have only been there twice, both times were fantastic.Special Features:
- I was looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012I was looking for a place to go without a pre-fixe menu and this is how Palazzo's started to become our new favorite restaurant! Prices are very moderate yet the food is amazing better than any of the other giant corporate italian places which charge twice as much for less quality food. the bread is fresh and warm, and goes well with the mussels appetizer, try it! they always have great daily specials so make sure to check out what they are. The wine list is moderately priced and mondays are half-off bottles of wine, you can't beat that!Special Features:
- Lax service at first, but recoveredVandNDined on 1/28/2012Wait staff took too long to come and take drink orders over 10 minutes from being seated. Maybe the host didn't communicate with the staff. Overall when we got noticed the service picked up and was good to really good thereafter. The food was very good and I would go there again and would recommend.
- Quiet Friday night dinnerTravelerVIPDined on 1/27/2012I used the OpenTable app to make a reservation for 6:45 on Friday night while driving toward the restaurant. I have had lunch here before but not dinner. When we arrived, I wasn't sure it was open--few lights and very few cars in the parking lot. It was open and we were seated immediately in a dim corner of the nearly empty dining room. I tried to order a carafe of the house wine from the menu, but the waitress said she would have to check if that was still available--sure enough it was not and she suggested a modestly priced wine by the glass. We ordered dinner--two of our three entrees came with salad, all very good and reasonably priced. By time we left, the dining room was a little busier, but still not full.
- Food tasted very homemade,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2012Food tasted very homemade, atmosphere was great - not too crowded but busy enough to have a nice relaxing vibe. Overall a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/3/2012This was a nice place but overall we weren't impressed. The food was good but not good enough to make us want to come back soon. The ambiance was good but not outstanding. The location is convenient but they have signs in the parking lot asking you to not leave valuables visible in your car. This would be a good spot for a business lunch and convenient if you work in the Greenway area like we do.Special Features:
- What a nice restaurant! ExcellentJanetVIPDined on 12/31/2011What a nice restaurant! Excellent traditional Italian food, yummy pizza served in a warm, cozy atmosphere. Excellent, attentive service.Special Features: