11 South Fullerton Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palazzonj.com/
- Phone: (973) 746-6778
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:30pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Giglio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Palazzo offers a fresh take on skillfully prepared Italian & world cuisine. The atmosphere is stylish and sophisticated yet warm and relaxed. Whether it be graduation, birthday party, family gathering or office function, Palazzo specializes in private parties both on and off premises.
- Private Party Contact: John or Nick 9737466778
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Palazzo Restaurant
Palazzo is an upscale Italian restaurant, using Mediterranean and carefully sourced ingredients such as octopus, whole Branzino, Ahi-tuna, Atlantic Salmon Angus beef, milk fed veal, homemade pastas and ravioli. Our delicious desserts stray from traditional Italian, but for good reason as the crème brûlée, bread pudding and tiramisu are outstanding. We also have live jazz on Fridays & Saturdays. Private parties can be accommodated on or off site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palazzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)romantic (25)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (13)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014Went here with two other couples. We were seated immediately. Service was great and the food was wonderful. The night we were there, surprised to find music provided by two older gentlemen, one on the piano accompanied by another on clarinet. The decor reminded us of a throwback to our parents generation and this music solidified it. It was charming.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Great food! Delicious bolognese sauce with rigatoni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular visitOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/11/2014Having been going to Palazzo for years. Never disappointed. Even with a Mother's Day crowd everything went flawlessly.Special Features:
- Magnificent Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The team at Palazzo made our Mother's Day memorable in every way. The staff was attentive, flexible and fantastic. The food was excellent. The veal chop that was succulent and beautifully presented. The pasta dishes were prepared al dente with the perfect covering of sauce to pasta ratio. The chef even prepared a special pasta dish that was not on the menu to accommodate a food preference. This neighborhood beauty is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We booked reservations for dinner with my daughter and family for the 1st time at Palazzo, but it will definitely not be our last!!!! The service, and food was excellent. Very friendly staff and owner....Would highly recommend!!!!Special Features:
- Favorite in montclairOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2014After many visits offer the years, the food and service never disappoint. The duck sausage appetizer is a must. For entrees, don't even ope the menu, just pick a special. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Dont botherOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014Second time there (wanted to give it a chance) mistake. We joked upon arrival that the kitchen shouldn't be backed up tonite because that is what we weere told the first time and the place was half empty this night. You guessed it, was told the same thing and waited forever to be served average food. Go elsewhere
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014The food is average but the service made the whole experience horrible. It took over 15 minutes to get water which we had to ask for twice. The server never told us the specials. Everything was so slow. After our dinner plates were taken it took abou 30 minutes plus we had to ask for the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/3/2014This used to be one of our go-to restaurants, and we realized we hadn't been in a while so were excited to take our friends there. The restaurant was packed. We were seated promptly, our wine opened, then our waitress didn't approach us again for 30 minutes. Got bread after 45 minutes, salads after more than an hour. Two orders came out wrong, although we kept them b/c again, the waitress was nowhere in sight. They really pack in the tables here and there just was not enough staff. As we were leaving, the manager came to our table and handed us gift certificates for a future visit. "For our inconvenience" was all he said, and walked away. Seems like they have those cards printed for just this reason. Would have liked him to come by earlier.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant many times. It's always consistently good. Perfect dinner before going to Montclair Film Festival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit here was fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014I went here for the first time on April 29, 2014, for a birthday celebration lunch attended by four people. I can't say enough nice things about Palazzo. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. The menu has something for everyone, and every one of the dishes that we ordered was exceptional. For dessert, we shared the bread pudding (with whipped cream); my goodness, how decadent and not overly sweet. This restaurant has been in Montclair for awhile. I can't believe it's taken me years to finally get around to trying it. I shouldn't have waited so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014Have had many meals here and its always been good.Special Features:
- brunch needs more varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I understand from many people your dinner menu is superb but was somewhat disappointed in brunch I think it needs more non-breakfast foods as well as breakfast food. I am willing to dine there some evening.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our latest visit to Palazzo. The Chilean Sea Bass was the best I have ever had. Perfectly cooked and very tasty, as was everything else our party of four ordered. Service was very professional and efficient. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner and EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/11/2014Charming, warm ambiance, Friendly, well-trained staff and some unusual dishes like ostrich steak, nice portions and a marvelous jazz piano and clarinet duo made for a lovely dinner and evening. Though I would not order ostrich again ( just had to try it, tasty but a little tougher than I expected compared to beef) each dish we ordered and saw served looked wonderful, colorful and enticing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Consistently great food and service. Menu changes seasonally so there is always something new to try. Piano player on Saturday night provides soothing, adult music. When you are in Montclair, this restaurant is a "don't miss".Special Features:
- great tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We were a group of 6 and they put us at a far back oval table, very cozy and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian food inOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2014Very good Italian food in a charming, attractive setting. Noise levels weren't too high, and the pianist was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Most times I go strictly by the reviews....so I though I'd leave one here because it was a great experience. Although t seemed a little cramped at first there was plenty of room. The waiters were young and at first inattentive. But as soon as I spoke up they were tripping over themselves to accomodate. The food was excellent, ecpecially things that I've never considered before; rabbit and ostrich... The portions initially seemed small but I think that it was just becuse the plates were so relatively large. I left sated...plus the painist added an air of ambiance without it seeming stuffy or snobish. With a couple of bottles of vino and gratuity we were under $200 which is way better than a manhattan joint with a bigger tab and less quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere unrivaled in townOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/5/2014Atmosphere actually out ranks food. While the food is very good, it doesn't come up to the mark of some of out local treasures. Much is excellent and everything is good but nothing is spectacular. Reliably a good meal and lovely venue. It will do nicely always. Service good. Prices reasonable. Pleased but not wowed! Probably best for lunches. I love the home made chipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014the food was excellent and the service was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Palazzo Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014The softly lit, stylish decor provides a comfortable setting to sample Chef John's great menu. On a recent weeknight, the special was braised shortribs with mushroom risotto. The meat was fork tender, in an amazing sauce, the risotto a perfect foil. My friend ordered orchiette pasta with bolognese sauce, which she found delicious. We had split the winter salad, an inspired mix of baby kale, roasted beets and fennel, with gorgonzola. I have dined at Palazzo many times, including dinners, lunches, and funeral repasts, and have always been delighted with the creative selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014I was very pleased with the service at Palazzo, I ended up having two extra guests and they quickly found a new table arrangement to accommodate us. The staff was very professional and they took care of our table. Overall the food was great, we had salmon and the three musketeers special, the men in our group wanted the rib tips, but we were a little late, so that option wasn't available. They enjoyed their meals. I would recommend for a group outing for a relaxing local environment. Usually we go to the city for celebrations, but this was much more convenient. The piano playing in the background was also a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014The food is always great. Felt bad that they ran out of the short ribs but the veal was fantastic. The staff was great and attentive. As I stated in the beginning "Never Disappointing". Give Palazzo a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and Cozy ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Had really nice time, good food and perfect service... Too bad, we did not stay late to hear piano Will go back anytimeSpecial Features:
- Right around corner from WellmontOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014If you are looking for a great place to grab a bite to eat before going to see a concert at the Wellmont Theater, than this is the restaurant for you. This is a traditional Italian restaurant that was not too expensive. They have wine by the bottle but you can bring your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Valentine Love & FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Service phenomenal as expected. Great mood and fantastic menu for the price. Ambiance played a important role for future diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening and mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Palazzo continues to to serve outstanding meals with ingredients well balanced and tasty, along with a live light piano music that adds to the overall ambiance and romance to the evening.Special Features:
- Nice Choice for Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014A very nice romantic spot that is small but utilizes the space well with great amount of tables and busy enough atmosphere so don't have to worry about others over hearing your conversation yet not overbearing where have to raise your voice to others at your table. Piano in the front center of the restaurant is a really nice touch with an elderly gentleman playing subtle yet pleasing tunes throughout the night. The four course Italian menu felt was pretty good for the price and overall atmosphere and service of the cozy yet professional spot made it well worth it. Only the first time there but overall, was glad chose it for valentine's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/12/2014The food was good. Just ordered wraps, so can't comment on the more complex dishes.The service was excellent. We were not rushed. Great place to dine and catch up with a friend. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Perfect for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Many good restaurant options in Montclair - I want to highlight Palazzo because we have gone there many times for special occasions. The food is very good, and the service is great - from the time you walk in and are greeted by staff to the time they bring you your check. We think the piano (jazz and or other) on Friday & Saturday nights adds a certain something extra and unique. BYOB is great - we brought champagne, you might bring that extra special bottle you have been waiting to drink. Are there better places for food or ambiance - to some degree, yes on both counts - but not many combine both to the degree Palazzo does. This is not a "Home Run", but a solid triple that we have enjoyed often and look forward to going back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palazzo PerformedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2014We were looking for a nice restaurant in Montclair to meet another group traveling down from CT. I dod not want any surprises. Palazzo worked out great. The service was attentive without being overbearing and the food was very good. Very limited wine list, but you can BYO like most NJ restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/22/2014We can always rely on Palazzo for a great meal in a comfortable setting. It was a snowy evening in Montclair and I enjoyed some great comfort food with a warm dish of Penne Palazzo made only as Palazzo makes it along with a nice glass of Cianti that I brought along. A great way to spend the evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding waiter - TomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Loved our waiter Tom. If the food was better, I'd be his new regular. Crab cake was a nice texture, but salty. Chicken was rubbery. Broccoli rabe was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening, delightful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2014We have been to Palazzo a few times this winter and each time we have a lovely meal. We returned last weekend for a "ladies night" out and were very pleased. The waitstaff is pleasant and attentive. Our appetizers and entrees have always been delicious. The pasta dishes never disappoint. Overall, we always have a pleasant evening at Palazzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/4/2014Loved this restaurant, and definitely will return. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. We told our waiter that we had a movie to catch, and he did everything possible to get us out on time. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- So much fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013A group of us went for our annual holiday dinner... I have been to Palazzo before and knew that the food was excellent...but wanted to have my friends try something new and Palazzo hit the spot! Great food and atmosphere which made our night memorable! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that is in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/28/2013Love this restaurant...consistently performs without the hype of trendy restaurants. Beef carpaccio was excellent and hard to find in Montclair----we usually have to go into the city for it. Linguine Ala Nostra (sp.) a favorite. Service is polite and attentive without being distracting. Palazzo is hands-down my favorite for fresh Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2013I have been to this restaurant several times for good food n service. Holiday wait staff NOT very attentive unable to meet basic requests like WiFi connection n hostess rude n annoyed when she saw my 18 mth old left some pasta on the floor. This experience was NOT very kid friendly nor service oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only we skipped dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/21/2013Dinner was great. We were with a large group and everyone was pleased with their appetizer and main course. Dessert was disappointing. The chocolate souffle was cold. Also everyone's cappuccino was cold. The waiter was gracious about replacing the cappuccinos, but it was still kind of ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.