11 South Fullerton Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palazzonj.com/
- Phone: 9737466778
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:30pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Giglio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Palazzo offers a fresh take on skillfully prepared Italian & world cuisine. The atmosphere is stylish and sophisticated yet warm and relaxed. Whether it be graduation, birthday party, family gathering or office function, Palazzo specializes in private parties both on and off premises.
- Private Party Contact: John or Nick 9737466778
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Palazzo Restaurant
Palazzo is an upscale Italian restaurant, using Mediterranean and carefully sourced ingredients such as octopus, whole Branzino, Ahi-tuna, Atlantic Salmon Angus beef, milk fed veal, homemade pastas and ravioli. Our delicious desserts stray from traditional Italian, but for good reason as the crème brûlée, bread pudding and tiramisu are outstanding. We also have live jazz on Fridays & Saturdays. Private parties can be accommodated on or off site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palazzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (19)romantic (19)special occasion (18)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good, but not greatDanSDined on 8/23/2014In most towns, Palazzo would be a stand out, but given the quality of the competition in Montclair it's not high on my list. Had a great salad but the entree (Veal Palazzo) was a bit tough. Service was good, and the piano on a Sat night is a nice touch.
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Very attractive and a pleasant surprise. The food was on par with previous reviews I had read. My Tuna was excellent, prepared in the manner I enjoy. Other than uncomfortable chairs, I would highly recommend this as a pleasant dinning experience. The hostess couldn't have been nicer and the wait staff pleasant. I would definitely look forward to coming, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stand out in MontclairDK1362Dined on 8/3/2014There are numerous wonderful restaurants in Montclair. Palazzo was recommended by a local resident, so I decided to try on a recent Sunday night with friends. Loved the ambiance, comfortable and relaxed. Food is prepared fresh when you order, so some dishes take a few minutes to arrive at the table. Service was well done and the prices are reasonable given the quality of the food.Special Features:
- When you have itBillDined on 8/2/2014Second time at Palazzo. The service was excellent and most courteous Little debate about the website vs. the price fix deal no problem though. The mussels were ok but small and pricey and not PEI. The salmon was so perfect so congrates! and the risotto was perfect too. The carrot cake as good and fresh as Ivie had. This is top tier rest. that has a nice music piano background.Special Features:
- Awesome LunchFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Awesome lunch! Food was delicious. Service was great! My sandwich was great. Grilled vegetables with goat cheese.Special Features:
- gotogeezersDined on 7/16/2014Food and service was excellent. The crispy duck was done just about right, and although I usually dislike the sauces that usually accompany duck because they are too sweet, the sauce was superb. It was perfectly balanced and tasted fresh, bright and citrusy. My husband enjoyed his spicey chicken dish which was flavorful and generus in portion. Wait staff was friendly, professional and attentive, enhancing the whole experience..Special Features:
- CindyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for many years. It's always been very good and the extra special thing is that they have a piano player on Saturday nights!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit was just as nicezebra207Dined on 7/5/2014We had lunch at Palazzo on Saturday, July 5, 2014. This was our second visit to this restaurant, and it was every bit as enjoyable as the first. There were four people in our party, and everyone was completely happy and satisfied with our lunches. Service was efficient and very friendly. I look forward to our next visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRegularsVIPDined on 6/25/2014Palazzo continues to be our favorite Montclair restaurant. Never an off note.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDinerDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious and service very attentive. The only negative was the noise but the restaurant emptied as the evening went on and the noise abated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodhappydinerDined on 6/14/2014We dine here often - always delicious. Service was off slightly this trip - our waitress seemed a little overwhelmed. Looked like an entire new wait staff, which is too bad since we had been so comfortable with the staff over the last year. Otherwise, still a great local restaurant in Montclair center.Special Features:
- Great for a Special EventRicardoDined on 6/12/2014bCelebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary based only on their website and a recommendation from a reviewer of a disappointed patron of another local restaurant. Would not change anything. Palazzo's has a nice wine list, and our waiter told us next time we could bring our own if we preferred. I'm sure there will be a next time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014We had a delicious dinner at Palazzo. The service and atmosphere were excellent. There was a pianist playing lovely dinner music which could have been just a little quieter for conversation purposes, but non the less very enjoyable. It was our first time there however we were treated like regular customers. It was my observation that all guests were treated that way. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:
- SimonSaysDined on 5/31/2014Good food, good music and we could even enjoy conversation at the table. We will surely be returning.Special Features:
- Good Italian FareShudainVIPDined on 5/30/2014This was a relatively decent place to dine. They were very good at accommodating and providing a much longer list of menu to choose from since we had dietary restrictions (1 person gluten free and other vegetarian). The wild mushroom risotto was delicious.Special Features:
- oldtimeroldtimerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Very nice menu and always specials for the day. Service is very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- GaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Palazzo has always been one of our favorite restaurants in Montclair. John is a fabulous chef who will make just about anything (and make it great!). You can't go wrong at Palazzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsusanDined on 5/23/2014Went here with two other couples. We were seated immediately. Service was great and the food was wonderful. The night we were there, surprised to find music provided by two older gentlemen, one on the piano accompanied by another on clarinet. The decor reminded us of a throwback to our parents generation and this music solidified it. It was charming.Special Features:
- EmthefoodieDined on 5/16/2014Great food! Delicious bolognese sauce with rigatoni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular visitRegularsVIPDined on 5/11/2014Having been going to Palazzo for years. Never disappointed. Even with a Mother's Day crowd everything went flawlessly.Special Features:
- Magnificent Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The team at Palazzo made our Mother's Day memorable in every way. The staff was attentive, flexible and fantastic. The food was excellent. The veal chop that was succulent and beautifully presented. The pasta dishes were prepared al dente with the perfect covering of sauce to pasta ratio. The chef even prepared a special pasta dish that was not on the menu to accommodate a food preference. This neighborhood beauty is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DelightSATISFIEDCUSTOMERDined on 5/10/2014We booked reservations for dinner with my daughter and family for the 1st time at Palazzo, but it will definitely not be our last!!!! The service, and food was excellent. Very friendly staff and owner....Would highly recommend!!!!Special Features:
- Favorite in montclairSeafoodguyVIPDined on 5/5/2014After many visits offer the years, the food and service never disappoint. The duck sausage appetizer is a must. For entrees, don't even ope the menu, just pick a special. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Dont botherDisappointedDined on 5/3/2014Second time there (wanted to give it a chance) mistake. We joked upon arrival that the kitchen shouldn't be backed up tonite because that is what we weere told the first time and the place was half empty this night. You guessed it, was told the same thing and waited forever to be served average food. Go elsewhere
- Horrible ServiceNy217Dined on 5/3/2014The food is average but the service made the whole experience horrible. It took over 15 minutes to get water which we had to ask for twice. The server never told us the specials. Everything was so slow. After our dinner plates were taken it took abou 30 minutes plus we had to ask for the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingjanetbDined on 5/3/2014This used to be one of our go-to restaurants, and we realized we hadn't been in a while so were excited to take our friends there. The restaurant was packed. We were seated promptly, our wine opened, then our waitress didn't approach us again for 30 minutes. Got bread after 45 minutes, salads after more than an hour. Two orders came out wrong, although we kept them b/c again, the waitress was nowhere in sight. They really pack in the tables here and there just was not enough staff. As we were leaving, the manager came to our table and handed us gift certificates for a future visit. "For our inconvenience" was all he said, and walked away. Seems like they have those cards printed for just this reason. Would have liked him to come by earlier.
- The following 186 reviews are from the Palazzo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always goodLetseatVIPDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant many times. It's always consistently good. Perfect dinner before going to Montclair Film Festival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit here was fabulous!zebra207Dined on 4/29/2014I went here for the first time on April 29, 2014, for a birthday celebration lunch attended by four people. I can't say enough nice things about Palazzo. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. The menu has something for everyone, and every one of the dishes that we ordered was exceptional. For dessert, we shared the bread pudding (with whipped cream); my goodness, how decadent and not overly sweet. This restaurant has been in Montclair for awhile. I can't believe it's taken me years to finally get around to trying it. I shouldn't have waited so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014Have had many meals here and its always been good.Special Features:
- brunch needs more varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I understand from many people your dinner menu is superb but was somewhat disappointed in brunch I think it needs more non-breakfast foods as well as breakfast food. I am willing to dine there some evening.
- Excellent Dining Experiencejefflaw567Dined on 4/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our latest visit to Palazzo. The Chilean Sea Bass was the best I have ever had. Perfectly cooked and very tasty, as was everything else our party of four ordered. Service was very professional and efficient. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner and EveningRickDined on 4/11/2014Charming, warm ambiance, Friendly, well-trained staff and some unusual dishes like ostrich steak, nice portions and a marvelous jazz piano and clarinet duo made for a lovely dinner and evening. Though I would not order ostrich again ( just had to try it, tasty but a little tougher than I expected compared to beef) each dish we ordered and saw served looked wonderful, colorful and enticing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!happydinerDined on 4/5/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Consistently great food and service. Menu changes seasonally so there is always something new to try. Piano player on Saturday night provides soothing, adult music. When you are in Montclair, this restaurant is a "don't miss".Special Features:
- great tablecaroleDined on 3/29/2014We were a group of 6 and they put us at a far back oval table, very cozy and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian food inKEENJVIPDined on 3/22/2014Very good Italian food in a charming, attractive setting. Noise levels weren't too high, and the pianist was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Most times I go strictly by the reviews....so I though I'd leave one here because it was a great experience. Although t seemed a little cramped at first there was plenty of room. The waiters were young and at first inattentive. But as soon as I spoke up they were tripping over themselves to accomodate. The food was excellent, ecpecially things that I've never considered before; rabbit and ostrich... The portions initially seemed small but I think that it was just becuse the plates were so relatively large. I left sated...plus the painist added an air of ambiance without it seeming stuffy or snobish. With a couple of bottles of vino and gratuity we were under $200 which is way better than a manhattan joint with a bigger tab and less quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere unrivaled in townOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/5/2014Atmosphere actually out ranks food. While the food is very good, it doesn't come up to the mark of some of out local treasures. Much is excellent and everything is good but nothing is spectacular. Reliably a good meal and lovely venue. It will do nicely always. Service good. Prices reasonable. Pleased but not wowed! Probably best for lunches. I love the home made chipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014the food was excellent and the service was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Palazzo Never DisappointsimafanDined on 2/26/2014The softly lit, stylish decor provides a comfortable setting to sample Chef John's great menu. On a recent weeknight, the special was braised shortribs with mushroom risotto. The meat was fork tender, in an amazing sauce, the risotto a perfect foil. My friend ordered orchiette pasta with bolognese sauce, which she found delicious. We had split the winter salad, an inspired mix of baby kale, roasted beets and fennel, with gorgonzola. I have dined at Palazzo many times, including dinners, lunches, and funeral repasts, and have always been delighted with the creative selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014I was very pleased with the service at Palazzo, I ended up having two extra guests and they quickly found a new table arrangement to accommodate us. The staff was very professional and they took care of our table. Overall the food was great, we had salmon and the three musketeers special, the men in our group wanted the rib tips, but we were a little late, so that option wasn't available. They enjoyed their meals. I would recommend for a group outing for a relaxing local environment. Usually we go to the city for celebrations, but this was much more convenient. The piano playing in the background was also a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.