2488 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palaiscasablanca.com/
- Phone: 3038710494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday, Saturday: 11:30AM - 2:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Said Benjelloun & Kaoutar Aba Benjelloun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: also we do all the catering in house or out
- Private Party Facilities: we do all private party
- Private Party Contact: said benjelloun 3038710494
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday is Ladies Night; we prepare specials just for the women. Every Thursday is Men's Night; we have specials just for the guys.
- Special Events: plus special events
A word from Palais Casablanca
Welcome at Palais Casablanca Authentic Moroccan Cuisine. We invite you to come into our restaurant to experience the sights, sounds, and flavors of another world, of Authentic Moroccan Cuisin. Come enjoy the unique flavors of Morocco; to enjoy mouth watering recipes created by Executive Chef Said Benjelloun & Kaoutar Aba Benjelloun. From a classic Soup Harina, Lamb and Lentils, to M’rouzia Lamb with Raisins and homemade bread, we hope you enjoy your stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palais Casablanca reviews from OpenTable diners
- Charming but expensiveDDenverDined on 7/19/2013Casablanca is a good restaurant. We really enjoyed the place and they are very friendly and attentive to detail. It was great in that area. Majority of the dishes were above $20, too expensive for the food. The food is good, but it not to justify the price. We would cameback if there was more selection between expensive and cheaper dishes. The service and he ambience was just great !!!
- BAD to WORSEjulialbDined on 3/2/2013It went from bad to worse and we finally left 1/2 way through. I tell people the story and they can't beleive it, after you think about it the whole experience was a fiasco and my husband's birthday dinner was not good. We had to search a few other restaurants but all of them were packed and had a long waiting list, so we drove back to our home and we have a small Asian cafe we enjoy and ate there.
- My friends and I were celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013My friends and I were celebrating a birthday. I had looked on their site and it showed they served wine and had belly dancing. After being seated we were told that they lost their liquor license due to Denver University Theology School. When ordering dinner we were told the price was $29.00 per person including everything. We finally get our bill and he has charged us $45.00 per person plus extra for the tea. The food was okay, nothing to write home about. I hope they get their act together.
- When I arrived, no other customersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2012When I arrived, no other customers were there & the whole place made me feel uncomfortable, so I left. This is the 1st time since I've been a member of "Open Table" I ever got that feeling.
- Very authentic morrocan food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2012Very authentic morrocan food. Pleasing atmosphere. Accommodating owner.Special Features:
- On its last legs?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2012Very odd place. Interior is attractive and looks like many other Moroccan restaurants. On a Monday night we were the only diners in the place. There was only one staff person visible the entire time. Despite the restaurant's traditional decor, he wore a baseball cap and Polo Club shirt; not exactly in keeping. Though he was pleasant enough, his mannerism was pushy and insistent. At the end of the meal we were splashed with rosewater and orange blossom water. While that may be traditional (or not), he should have asked first. Food was okay, not great. They still don't have a liquor license, so not even wine or beer. My guess is that the restaurant won't be open much longer, and it won't be a great loss to the Denver dining scene.
- Great for adventure and food.StephManVIPDined on 5/5/2012Great for adventure and food. The lamb was exceptional. Daughter loved the cushion and culture.Special Features:
- Food was overpriced when youErinVIPDined on 4/7/2012Food was overpriced when you are not dining during "entertainment"
- Excellent food-- everythingBen64VIPDined on 3/9/2012Excellent food-- everything organic and well prepared. Bit pricey but four course meal worthwhile. Great for special occasion, cooll date night, or just something a bit different.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/25/2012Fun place with fabric surrounding tables with poufs and/or benches for those who prefer to sit higher. Food was wonderful, organic veggies and carefully prepared. Service was outstanding - we were well cared for by the owner and our waitress. Fun place for get-togethers and mixers. Recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Food, No Liquor LicenseKJMLMVIPDined on 1/21/2012Great food, though they were out of Shrimp on a Saturday night! No liquor license, which is a negative!Special Features:
- We went with the family toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2012We went with the family to celebrate dad's birthday. The food is presented in typical Moroccan style: soup, followed by a plate of mixed salads, a b'stella, all shared from one plate, then followed with individual entrees. One reclines on comfortable cushions (ones with chair backs are available for those not used to this) and eats with one's fingers. This is a slow, relaxing meal that can't really be rushed. The host was very personable, and the food good. We had two different lamb tagines, a couscous dish with chicken, and the salmon tagine. Everyone enjoyed their dishes. They do not have a liquor license at the moment (although the host said they are working on that), so we all drank sweet mint tea.Special Features:
- We had a few challenges withOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/26/2011We had a few challenges with the service, however, the food was excellent and a great food experience.