Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
28601 Chagrin Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: (216) 896-9020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner
Sun - Thu: 11am to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am to 11pm
Late Night Dining
Sun - Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
Sun - Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (133)neighborhood gem (95)good for groups (89)great for outdoor dining (89)hot spot (81)vibrant bar scene (65)special occasion (62)great for lunch (60)romantic (34)great for brunch (29)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- Love Paladar!!MarciaADined on 11/18/2014Always great food and service.We have been to Paladar many times and are always happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoon lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014Food was super ... not many good authentic Latin flavor spots ... this is a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Can't Go WrongOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014If your looking for delicious Latin fare this is the place! Other than the prices going up, there is much to love about this place. Cool atmosphere, solid service, delicious guac and chips, and a wide variety of entrees from fish, to lamb, steak, tacos, salads and great sides too! Try the grits which are creamy and full of flavor. Only complaint on most recent visit was the meat portion size for the steak salad which at $18 should have more than a few slices. In the past they gave you more but somewhere along the way they lightened the load. With that said, if you are looking to try something different, try Paladar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a GREAT change of paceTGPghDined on 11/14/2014As we were staying at one of the local hotels, we wanted to find a place to eat on a Friday night. I found Paladar via a google maps search of local restaurants and it had great reviews, so we thought we'd try it. First, the pumpkin mojitos and the pomegranate mojitos were outstanding! A group of 4 of us shared the guacamole sampler. Fantastic. Instead of chips, they serve it with blend of plantain, yucca, malanga and tortilla. Definitely recommend that. Two of us got the Veracruz seafood stew, which was shrimp, calamari and tilapia in a tomato sauce with green beans and pickled jalapenos on a bed of cilantro rice and grilled Cuban bread. It was definitely spicy. My stew did not have any calamari in it and there was only one piece in the other stew, but aside from that, it was excellent. Another got the restaurant week special, which included an appetizer more than large enough for all of us to share, an entree and dessert. The app was a pulled pork mini-tostada. You could choose your entree, so my friend ordered the coconut curried vegetables. Delicious. (we all sampled) The dessert was a pineapple rum upside down cake, which we all shared. Highly recommend that. Be forewarned though that that was A LOT of food and had we known that, two of us could have split that easily (we were a group of women). The final dish was a rum glazed cuban pork black beans, coconut-mango rice, and fresh pico de gallo. She loved it. So, in all, if you like latin-style foods, I think you will really enjoy the restaurant. The atmosphere is industrial mexican, if that makes sense. Very cool setting. Finally, our server was about as attentive as you could get--he gave very helpful advice and would stop by at just the right times to see if we needed anything or to clear plate. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy it's backlmelDined on 11/14/2014Was so pleased to see you've brought back your luscious "Slow Smoked Pulled Chicken". I had it for lunch a couple of days ago. It is so tasty … could eat it at least once a week. Thank you Paladar !! A HAPPY customer !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was well done.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Everything was well done, from the greeting upon our arrival until we left the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ChellhallDined on 11/12/2014This is the fifth time I've been here this year. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The food is awesome. Always warm and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hunt for CubanosJMoneyDined on 11/9/2014My girlfriend had a taste for an authentic cuban sandwich. Thankfully I recalled seeing some simple authentic Cuban fare on the menu at Paladar. The Cubano was not only spot on, but hit the spot from the start, from the crunch of the taditional cuban bread, to the perfectly proportioned ham and pork, with the classic addition of the pickle slice. Of course, the Mojitos were great as well. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome drinksSunydayzaheadDined on 11/8/2014Visited Paladar for the first time, loved it. Food was fresh and not to mention delicious! Best drinks that I've ever had. My only complaint is that my server wasn't very attentive. I don't think this is the norm as all of the other servers seemed very accommodating to their guests. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJeffVIPDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I went to dinner at Paladar on Friday night and, again, it was excellent. We were seated promptly and our server came right over to ask about drinks and starters. We were never rushed and were able to talk before ordering. I ordered one of the specials and my wife had the salmon. Both were very good. A nice touch to the evening was one of the management team, Marty, coming over and checking to make sure everything was to our liking. We had another very good evening at Paladar. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service lackingDeniseGDined on 11/1/2014My reservation was for a group of 6. Everyone loved their food but our service was very slow. We ended up getting our table appetizer for free because of the slowness issue. The restaurant was crowded but I noticed the table of 8 by us came in after us and was done before us.Special Features:
- Latin Comfort foodbuckeyegalVIPDined on 11/1/2014Ever try to relive that fabulous Caribbean vacation food or that neighborhood special you enjoyed in Brazil? Leave your passport tucked away and drive over to Paladar in Woodmere. November is RUM appreciation month and it delivers in flights of Rum and Rum inspired dishes. Always a delight the food was again, not only flavorful but creatively presented and filling. I enjoyed the Rum Short Rib Tacos....I'd suggest skipping the fresh tortillas to save room for the short ribs. Not to be missed are the Jicama and Plantain chips with corn salsa. Arrive early and enjoy their Happy Hour pricing on drinks and appetizers before settling in for dinner, you won't be disappointed. Often busy with an energetic crowd, I'd suggest a reservation.Special Features:
- NothelgaDined on 10/30/2014The service at this restaurant was excellent, and the food was very good. The noise level can be quite high at times, but there are certain areas in the restaurant where it is a little quieter.Special Features:
- A favorite!LudwikaVIPDined on 10/28/2014This is one of my and my husband's favorite restaurants. Consistently good and creative Latin cuisine. They serve the very best traditional margaritas I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencediner2013VIPDined on 10/26/2014We dined for brunch, for the first time, and were celebrating my birthday. The service and atmosphere were great! We were pleased with the brunch items & sangria! We enjoy coming to dine any time of day...and always order the fresh guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatNotahappydinerDined on 10/25/2014The food was colorful with lots if flavor, the mojo pork was an excellent choice. The waitress was attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TanyathefoodiewannabeDined on 10/24/2014For the past 3 years I've lived in the Cleveland area I've been wanting to try out Paladar and finally it happened! It was definitely worth the wait! Everything on the menu looks so good that I wish they had a sampler platter. On the other hand this just means I'll have to keep coming back and trying other dishes. The guacamole is a must! For main course I had their staple dish - the rum glazed pork. Absolutely delicious! Do also try their sparkling strawberry sangria. Smooth and refreshing and you get tipsy before you know it. Nice thing about the location - after the meal and the sangria you can stroll over the Eton mall or Barnes n Noble and walk off the tipsiness before getting behind the wheel.Special Features:
- Good food happy hour disappointmentChryssybDined on 10/24/2014I've been there several times for happy hour and this is the first time I was notified happy hour was bar only. I know for a fact it was honored in dining room before. If this is the case, then it needs to be included in advertisement more prominently. Otherwise food and time with friends was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, good foodilyaDined on 10/23/2014Good service, good food, kids menu available , pretty fast service, kind of high level of noise, easy online reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSarathDined on 10/23/2014Good food. Good service. Good portion. I will be going back again.Special Features:
- BbvFunBvfunDined on 10/21/2014Our evening was delightful. Took guest who had not been to Paladar before and they loved it. Immediately told us they would bring their grown children here for dinner. The drinks were delicious and the food was wonderful. Our waiter, Jed was attentive but not over the top. My husband and I love coming to Paladar. It always exceeds our expectations!Special Features:
- Fun, fun, fun!BrianBDined on 10/18/2014If you like rum drinks, good food and a friendly atmosphere, Paladar is a great choice.Special Features:
- Very cordialSunnyDined on 10/18/2014The service was super-duper. Thanks for the perks. Our friend said she liked it so much she is going to bring her friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- side room very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Went to paladar for romantic birthday dinner and the seat we were placed in was so loud. We were constantly asking each other to repeat what was said. Great food but atmosphere was not what usually what we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, Delicious CuisineagingboomerDined on 10/18/2014As always, we thoroughly enjoyed our recent dinner at Paladar. We ordered the guacamole trio which was very tasty. Someone in our party had the Cuban Pork and someone else had the Beef Vieja both of which were fabulous. Our waiter was friendly and efficient. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Tiny Tuna Tacos are BackRobertVIPDined on 10/13/2014OK so they were smoked Mahi-Mahi and NOT Tuna, they were fantastic anyway. Closest food to real Central /South American in town. And the drinks? Try a Caipirinha or a Dark and Stormy!Special Features:
- Not bad...Tshuffle11Dined on 10/10/2014Overall, my husband and I we're happy with our meal. The flavor combinations were very pleasing. Each of us had a mojito and those were very good as well. Although, they were quite pricey. We wanted to try something new, so we chose Paladar bases on a co-workers suggestion. I can't say we will be putting this on our regular list of restaurant, but we are glad we tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM YUM!!!!!!OHIOBUNNYVIPDined on 10/7/2014Authentic Latin flavors, in a combination of original and traditional menu offerings with generous servings. Service was marvelous, I can't wait to return!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was differentpartyof4VIPDined on 10/4/2014I was a little disappointed this time. I don't know if our server was new, but when I received my chicken salad, minus the chicken (which I only realized after partially eating it) she asked if I wanted them to add chicken. I had to ask her to bring me a fresh salad with chicken. When the salad came there was barely any chicken in it, although the salad was very large. Were you low on chicken that night? Then I asked for three boxes, instead she whisked our plates off the table saying "I'll box it, it's my job." Her job is to grant the customers request. I'v always boxed my own food. We did tip her 15%, although normally we tip at least 20%. But we still love Paladar and would reccomend it. Some servers just leave a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the placepartyof4VIPDined on 9/30/2014We've been there numerous times and have NEVER been disappointed with the food. With the exception of one time, the service has aways been great. This time we had Alice, she was very good although we missed having Tasha serve us. Again I must say that Paladar is a class act, looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food options.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first time trying items from the brunch menu. The sweet potato and short rib hash was good but I think the crispy spaetzle's were a bit too salty for me. Guacamole and chips are always excellent. Great selection of mojitos. Overall we were satisfied with our experience. Friendly service.
- Nice Latin food and atmospheregoodrestaurantseekersDined on 9/20/2014Being from Latin American I am always pleased to find nice Latin Restaurants in this area. My husband, who is from Ohio, always enjoy eating Latin American food. In our second visit to Paladar we had my always missed Tostones and Empanadas and as main dish a very tasty Ropa Vieja, to drink Brazilians favorite Caipirinha. We will definitely go back, next time with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably being a bit unfair, BUT...PeteVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have dined here extensively as a family for dinner and also I have had many business lunches at Paladar. However, over the past few months, and especially with this past visit we are noticing changes.. First off, food temperature of the dishes has been poor - For instance we will get the salmon dish with a hot and well prepared piece of salmon on top of cold spaetzel - not just once, but every time the last 5 visits. Same goes for the Argentinian mixed grill - comes out cold or a wide variety of temperatures on the plate. The Ropa Vieja appetizer comes now with an overabundance of watery liquid in the dish as if it was thawed, and the temperature is also off on several occasions. We can only draw the conclusion they are cutting cornersSpecial Features:
- Girls Night OutlovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014Out with the girls to celebrate a special bday. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Great date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I just tried Paladar for the first time and it was delicious! A little noisy, but we were able to get a table by the window and it was quieter there. I would recommend the guacamole and pork tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my top fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I am no connoisseur, but I like good food. This place has very tasty Latin American \ Cuban dishes. The appetizer, main course and dessert was all fabulous. The staff was friendly and professional. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service!ameans912Dined on 9/12/2014From reservation to leaving the restaurant, Paladar staff was fantastic - our waiter took great care of us, even suggesting specific items off them menu when we had a difficult time making our decisions. We were there to celebrate a birthday and they brought out delicious sweet potato donuts as a treat. Although it was VERY loud in the venue, we really enjoyed the food and experience.Special Features:
- Great spot for friends and family.ClevefoodieDined on 9/12/2014Food is always good, interesting and well-priced. One of our favorites for meeting friends, dining as a couple, getting a quick salad for dinner -- just about any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Latin AroundRobertVIPDined on 9/8/2014Whether you like reasonably authentic Tacos, Ceviche, Cuban pork or Churrasco, Paladar serves them all, washed down with caipariña, my favorite. Fresh ingredients and good service. The restaurant's only problem is that the main dining area is too open and industrial...noisy and a sea of tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit. My husband and I had been wanting to visit this place for a while. The food was amazing!!!!! The calamari was fabulous. It's the second best calamari that I have ever had ( and my hubby & I are foodies!) The first was from Hemingway's in Rhode Island. What a great dining experience! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.