Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
28601 Chagrin Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2168969020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner
Sun - Thu: 11am to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am to 11pm
Late Night Dining
Sun - Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
Sun - Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)great for outdoor dining (106)neighborhood gem (93)good for groups (79)hot spot (75)vibrant bar scene (67)special occasion (63)great for lunch (59)romantic (33)great for brunch (28)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (14)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fun, fun, fun!BrianBDined on 10/18/2014If you like rum drinks, good food and a friendly atmosphere, Paladar is a great choice.Special Features:
- Very cordialSunnyDined on 10/18/2014The service was super-duper. Thanks for the perks. Our friend said she liked it so much she is going to bring her friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- side room very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Went to paladar for romantic birthday dinner and the seat we were placed in was so loud. We were constantly asking each other to repeat what was said. Great food but atmosphere was not what usually what we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, Delicious CuisineagingboomerDined on 10/18/2014As always, we thoroughly enjoyed our recent dinner at Paladar. We ordered the guacamole trio which was very tasty. Someone in our party had the Cuban Pork and someone else had the Beef Vieja both of which were fabulous. Our waiter was friendly and efficient. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Tiny Tuna Tacos are BackRobertVIPDined on 10/13/2014OK so they were smoked Mahi-Mahi and NOT Tuna, they were fantastic anyway. Closest food to real Central /South American in town. And the drinks? Try a Caipirinha or a Dark and Stormy!Special Features:
- Not bad...Tshuffle11Dined on 10/10/2014Overall, my husband and I we're happy with our meal. The flavor combinations were very pleasing. Each of us had a mojito and those were very good as well. Although, they were quite pricey. We wanted to try something new, so we chose Paladar bases on a co-workers suggestion. I can't say we will be putting this on our regular list of restaurant, but we are glad we tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM YUM!!!!!!OHIOBUNNYVIPDined on 10/7/2014Authentic Latin flavors, in a combination of original and traditional menu offerings with generous servings. Service was marvelous, I can't wait to return!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was differentpartyof4VIPDined on 10/4/2014I was a little disappointed this time. I don't know if our server was new, but when I received my chicken salad, minus the chicken (which I only realized after partially eating it) she asked if I wanted them to add chicken. I had to ask her to bring me a fresh salad with chicken. When the salad came there was barely any chicken in it, although the salad was very large. Were you low on chicken that night? Then I asked for three boxes, instead she whisked our plates off the table saying "I'll box it, it's my job." Her job is to grant the customers request. I'v always boxed my own food. We did tip her 15%, although normally we tip at least 20%. But we still love Paladar and would reccomend it. Some servers just leave a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the placepartyof4VIPDined on 9/30/2014We've been there numerous times and have NEVER been disappointed with the food. With the exception of one time, the service has aways been great. This time we had Alice, she was very good although we missed having Tasha serve us. Again I must say that Paladar is a class act, looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food options.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first time trying items from the brunch menu. The sweet potato and short rib hash was good but I think the crispy spaetzle's were a bit too salty for me. Guacamole and chips are always excellent. Great selection of mojitos. Overall we were satisfied with our experience. Friendly service.
- Nice Latin food and atmospheregoodrestaurantseekersDined on 9/20/2014Being from Latin American I am always pleased to find nice Latin Restaurants in this area. My husband, who is from Ohio, always enjoy eating Latin American food. In our second visit to Paladar we had my always missed Tostones and Empanadas and as main dish a very tasty Ropa Vieja, to drink Brazilians favorite Caipirinha. We will definitely go back, next time with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably being a bit unfair, BUT...PeteVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have dined here extensively as a family for dinner and also I have had many business lunches at Paladar. However, over the past few months, and especially with this past visit we are noticing changes.. First off, food temperature of the dishes has been poor - For instance we will get the salmon dish with a hot and well prepared piece of salmon on top of cold spaetzel - not just once, but every time the last 5 visits. Same goes for the Argentinian mixed grill - comes out cold or a wide variety of temperatures on the plate. The Ropa Vieja appetizer comes now with an overabundance of watery liquid in the dish as if it was thawed, and the temperature is also off on several occasions. We can only draw the conclusion they are cutting cornersSpecial Features:
- Girls Night OutlovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014Out with the girls to celebrate a special bday. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Great date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I just tried Paladar for the first time and it was delicious! A little noisy, but we were able to get a table by the window and it was quieter there. I would recommend the guacamole and pork tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my top fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I am no connoisseur, but I like good food. This place has very tasty Latin American \ Cuban dishes. The appetizer, main course and dessert was all fabulous. The staff was friendly and professional. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service!ameans912Dined on 9/12/2014From reservation to leaving the restaurant, Paladar staff was fantastic - our waiter took great care of us, even suggesting specific items off them menu when we had a difficult time making our decisions. We were there to celebrate a birthday and they brought out delicious sweet potato donuts as a treat. Although it was VERY loud in the venue, we really enjoyed the food and experience.Special Features:
- Great spot for friends and family.ClevefoodieDined on 9/12/2014Food is always good, interesting and well-priced. One of our favorites for meeting friends, dining as a couple, getting a quick salad for dinner -- just about any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Latin AroundRobertVIPDined on 9/8/2014Whether you like reasonably authentic Tacos, Ceviche, Cuban pork or Churrasco, Paladar serves them all, washed down with caipariña, my favorite. Fresh ingredients and good service. The restaurant's only problem is that the main dining area is too open and industrial...noisy and a sea of tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit. My husband and I had been wanting to visit this place for a while. The food was amazing!!!!! The calamari was fabulous. It's the second best calamari that I have ever had ( and my hubby & I are foodies!) The first was from Hemingway's in Rhode Island. What a great dining experience! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this placeLuvItVIPDined on 9/3/2014I come here as often as I can. They have the best guacamole and the chips are to die for. The meal options are so different than anywhere else. You gotta try this place.Special Features:
- Great place for abirthdayIrwin54Dined on 8/30/2014This was a birthday dinner for my wife and we had received a gift card for Paladar. That evening exceeded my expectations. Amazing menu and the food choices turned out to be great. I had their salmon with a wonderful sweet potato sauce and my wife had a vegan dish with Portabella mushrooms. The service was superb and I would definitely go there again. We did dine on the patio and as I'm sensitive to noise level I found it to be very easy on the ears. Will definitely come back. I forgot to mention the pineapple upside down cake, out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2NaedmsDined on 8/29/2014Good place for a decent dinner. Food is above average, service is about normal for most establishments. Good beer menu. Pass on the deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedsaiydahDined on 8/28/2014The food lacked flavor had the modelo chicken and I was not impressed needed seasonings my aunt had the veggie burger and it was dry server and hostess were both niceSpecial Features:
- Latin ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014A great place to try latin influenced food & beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchdmpcpsDined on 8/24/2014We love going to Paladar for Sunday brunch. Everything on the menu is delicious and you can't go wrong with Bottomless Mimosas! For some reason this past week our food took a while to come out of the kitchen, but we were having such great conversation we didn't mind at all. I highly recommend Paladar for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Tried out for BrunchcevangeDined on 8/24/2014Good brunch menu. Nice portion sizes. Normally we go here for dinner/lunch. Brunch was also good. We had the Huevos Rancheros, Maple Pulled Pork and Fried Eggs and the Chorizo & Cheese Pupusa with Fried Eggs. All dishes were great and everyone enjoyed their meals. We also had the mimosas. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food always deliciousout4dinnerDined on 8/23/2014Paladar always delivers great flavors and unique combinations served up with beautiful presentation. We have never had a anything there that was less than delicious. The guacamole is a must and we end up scraping the bowl to get every last drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late summer on the patioallergic1Dined on 8/23/2014Nice sun, great caipirinhas and unique food-a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJanetMDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Paladar many times and always enjoyed it. But during this visit we were very disappointed with the food. It was pretty tasteless. The guacamole was basically mashed avocado with some chopped onions, a little lime juice, and LOTS of salt. The first batch was so salty we sent it back. The next batch was better but bland. The duck tacos consisted of chunks of duck thrown indifferently onto tacos and garnished with shredded raw cabbage. No evidence of spices or herbs, no dressing for the cabbage. Dry and dull. The roasted chicken was mediocre and accompanied by limp coleslaw absolutely soaked in a mayonnaise-based dressing. Paladar's kitchen used to know how to use spices and herbs in a fresh and creative way. What happened?!
- The Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014The food is always very good. Anytime I try something I had not before had, I almost always like it. Had a new drink tonight - a Watermelon Basil Mojito. I will definitely have that again!Special Features:
- Second TimeLeeDroidDined on 8/17/2014Love the atmosphere and the ambiance. Waiters are awesome and helpful. Very nice rum, tequila and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word - YUMMYQBombHottieDined on 8/17/2014LOVED this place. We were looking for something different and found Paladar. Everything that hit my palate was an explosion of flavor from the specialty mojito to that day's guacamole with an infusion of shrimp and basil to the Rum Glazed Cuban Pork with the Coconut-Mango Rice. If I only had left room for dessert! If you are foodie or just looking for some good ol' comfort food, anyone can find something to eat on their diverse menu. This is a MUST TRY place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have easily been betterOnlineMineDined on 8/16/2014There were 6 of us. To start with the waitress was not paying sufficient attention and when we asked her about forgotten items she seemed as though she had never heard the order before. The Mexican soup is normally delicious. It arrived without any spice or flavor whatsoever, and we could not find her for 15 minutes to rectify the matter. My mixed grill was perfect, but could have been served more quickly off the fire. Dessert menu boring. Good expresso. My 4th time there--only not great experience. Oh, and serving crew was totally confused and I guess the waitress was not clear about who was to get what.Special Features:
- Delicioso!!SanchezDined on 8/16/2014Took me back to my Puerto Rican roots!! Food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsEpicurious1Dined on 8/16/2014Service was prompt and courteous. The space was way bigger than I had imagined but the ambience still managed to make it feel cozy. It was our first time visiting, so our waiter Tim walked us through with food and drink recommendations while never making us feel rushed. The food also had the great taste that only comes with freshness. The drink menu was mind blowing and even though we didn't have dessert we're already planning on going back to try some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ValueMaltlaughsDined on 8/16/2014Good food - authentic Latin cuisine - decor is a little lacking, but the food makes up for it - been several times and never disappointedSpecial Features:
- AlwayslookingvegetarianDined on 8/10/2014Several of my co-diners had been there and previously enjoyed their experience. The newbies too were excited, loved their food and plan to come back. Being a vegetarian, it has a nice selection of choices for someone like me.Special Features:
- Paladar fantoomucheatingDined on 8/10/2014Always enjoy Paladar. Interesting menu yet their burger is one of my favorites!! Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Bad seatingDavidVIPDined on 8/9/2014We made reserverations and then they say us by a big party by t he outdoor dining at this small table. I was like no way! If u are going out and spending money, we want a nice table that is away from big crowds. I mean we had reservations and to give us that table! Those host/hostess should be talked to and have more sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time w/ great foodMeahellohioDined on 8/8/2014Started with the apps , but the dinners impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.