Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
28601 Chagrin Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2168969020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner
Sun - Thu: 11am to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am to 11pm
Late Night Dining
Sun - Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
Sun - Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, South American
- Executive Chef: Robert Cabrales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (125)fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (96)good for groups (77)vibrant bar scene (76)hot spot (73)special occasion (68)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (43)romantic (37)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (16)notable wine list (13)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great place for abirthdayIrwin54Dined on 8/30/2014This was a birthday dinner for my wife and we had received a gift card for Paladar. That evening exceeded my expectations. Amazing menu and the food choices turned out to be great. I had their salmon with a wonderful sweet potato sauce and my wife had a vegan dish with Portabella mushrooms. The service was superb and I would definitely go there again. We did dine on the patio and as I'm sensitive to noise level I found it to be very easy on the ears. Will definitely come back. I forgot to mention the pineapple upside down cake, out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2NaedmsDined on 8/29/2014Good place for a decent dinner. Food is above average, service is about normal for most establishments. Good beer menu. Pass on the deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedsaiydahDined on 8/28/2014The food lacked flavor had the modelo chicken and I was not impressed needed seasonings my aunt had the veggie burger and it was dry server and hostess were both niceSpecial Features:
- Latin ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014A great place to try latin influenced food & beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchdmpcpsDined on 8/24/2014We love going to Paladar for Sunday brunch. Everything on the menu is delicious and you can't go wrong with Bottomless Mimosas! For some reason this past week our food took a while to come out of the kitchen, but we were having such great conversation we didn't mind at all. I highly recommend Paladar for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Tried out for BrunchcevangeDined on 8/24/2014Good brunch menu. Nice portion sizes. Normally we go here for dinner/lunch. Brunch was also good. We had the Huevos Rancheros, Maple Pulled Pork and Fried Eggs and the Chorizo & Cheese Pupusa with Fried Eggs. All dishes were great and everyone enjoyed their meals. We also had the mimosas. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food always deliciousout4dinnerDined on 8/23/2014Paladar always delivers great flavors and unique combinations served up with beautiful presentation. We have never had a anything there that was less than delicious. The guacamole is a must and we end up scraping the bowl to get every last drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late summer on the patioallergic1Dined on 8/23/2014Nice sun, great caipirinhas and unique food-a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJanetMDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Paladar many times and always enjoyed it. But during this visit we were very disappointed with the food. It was pretty tasteless. The guacamole was basically mashed avocado with some chopped onions, a little lime juice, and LOTS of salt. The first batch was so salty we sent it back. The next batch was better but bland. The duck tacos consisted of chunks of duck thrown indifferently onto tacos and garnished with shredded raw cabbage. No evidence of spices or herbs, no dressing for the cabbage. Dry and dull. The roasted chicken was mediocre and accompanied by limp coleslaw absolutely soaked in a mayonnaise-based dressing. Paladar's kitchen used to know how to use spices and herbs in a fresh and creative way. What happened?!
- The Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014The food is always very good. Anytime I try something I had not before had, I almost always like it. Had a new drink tonight - a Watermelon Basil Mojito. I will definitely have that again!Special Features:
- Second TimeLeeDroidDined on 8/17/2014Love the atmosphere and the ambiance. Waiters are awesome and helpful. Very nice rum, tequila and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word - YUMMYQBombHottieDined on 8/17/2014LOVED this place. We were looking for something different and found Paladar. Everything that hit my palate was an explosion of flavor from the specialty mojito to that day's guacamole with an infusion of shrimp and basil to the Rum Glazed Cuban Pork with the Coconut-Mango Rice. If I only had left room for dessert! If you are foodie or just looking for some good ol' comfort food, anyone can find something to eat on their diverse menu. This is a MUST TRY place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have easily been betterOnlineMineDined on 8/16/2014There were 6 of us. To start with the waitress was not paying sufficient attention and when we asked her about forgotten items she seemed as though she had never heard the order before. The Mexican soup is normally delicious. It arrived without any spice or flavor whatsoever, and we could not find her for 15 minutes to rectify the matter. My mixed grill was perfect, but could have been served more quickly off the fire. Dessert menu boring. Good expresso. My 4th time there--only not great experience. Oh, and serving crew was totally confused and I guess the waitress was not clear about who was to get what.Special Features:
- Delicioso!!SanchezDined on 8/16/2014Took me back to my Puerto Rican roots!! Food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsEpicurious1Dined on 8/16/2014Service was prompt and courteous. The space was way bigger than I had imagined but the ambience still managed to make it feel cozy. It was our first time visiting, so our waiter Tim walked us through with food and drink recommendations while never making us feel rushed. The food also had the great taste that only comes with freshness. The drink menu was mind blowing and even though we didn't have dessert we're already planning on going back to try some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Good food - authentic Latin cuisine - decor is a little lacking, but the food makes up for it - been several times and never disappointedSpecial Features:
- AlwayslookingvegetarianDined on 8/10/2014Several of my co-diners had been there and previously enjoyed their experience. The newbies too were excited, loved their food and plan to come back. Being a vegetarian, it has a nice selection of choices for someone like me.Special Features:
- Paladar fantoomucheatingDined on 8/10/2014Always enjoy Paladar. Interesting menu yet their burger is one of my favorites!! Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Bad seatingDavidVIPDined on 8/9/2014We made reserverations and then they say us by a big party by t he outdoor dining at this small table. I was like no way! If u are going out and spending money, we want a nice table that is away from big crowds. I mean we had reservations and to give us that table! Those host/hostess should be talked to and have more sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time w/ great foodMeahellohioDined on 8/8/2014Started with the apps , but the dinners impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Neighborhood diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Loved the appetizers and the option of sharing and small plates. Great way to try a variety of tastes without over eating.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot and after work.bigkahunaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Try the Blackened Fish Tacos. Fantastic light fare. Spicy Guac just rounds it off. After work cocktails and Happy Hour are a good time.Special Features:
- Better Than ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Being Latin, I am always suspect of "Latin" eateries especially when I walk through the door and I am the only Latino in the building. The food had a mix of Latin flavor from different places like Mexico, Cuba, and Puerto Rico, but was not authentic Latin American food. Aside from that, the food was good and they make a fine Mojito. The atmosphere is festive and the service was also good.Special Features:
- Yum!diner2013Dined on 8/2/2014We dined for lunch & some of us enjoyed items off the brunch menu...was a bit skeptical at first, as have only had lunch & dinner items, yet was pleasantly surprised! Guacamole & salsa verde are a must:). Our server was friendly & attentive. Only disappointment was the mimosas. One other person in our party ordered the strawberry & was pleased. I, however, thought they were just too sweet. Overall, an excellent & consistent place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightClevelandgirlDined on 8/1/2014The food was ok but not as good as you think it would be. Also the waitress took forever to come to our table for everything. I will probably not be coming backSpecial Features:
- I love your vegetarian foods!VegiloverDined on 8/1/2014Gaucamole is really good! Sweet potatoe tacos are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SloppytootrueVIPDined on 7/30/2014Normally a reliable spot for a fun dinner. This time the food was very ordinary -- my shrimp and grits was soup-like. Also the waiter kept barging into our conversation, was slow in getting us drinks and then showed up with the wrong order. Not horrible experience, just need to tighten things up and not let their success let the standards slip.
- YummyyumyumpiggyDined on 7/29/2014Really yummy food. But WAY too loud in the restaurant to enjoy a family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!diner2013Dined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed lunch on the patio. Server was attentive & our meal was prepared just as described in the menu. Not our first time dining here; Paladar is consistent with super service & food preparation. The guacamole & salsa are a must! If you can attend their happy hour, get there early, as the bars fills up! Great happy hour specials!Special Features:
- Fabulous Healthy FoodHappyDinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014One if our best restaurant meals this summer. We eat vegan food with no added oil. When I emailed ahead, they made suggestions that resulted in a delicious meal that complied with our dietary needs. Guacamole was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking2RelocateVIPDined on 7/22/2014Always good food & cocktails, I will continue to visit. Favorite fish tacos and the guacamole appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeFrankieZDined on 7/19/2014Had another great meal and experience. GM came by as always (new face) to make sure everything was good.Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceJKinCleveDined on 7/19/2014We came to Paladar for lunch because we had other errands to do nearby. While the house made chips and guac, kids meals, and my rum glazed Cuban pork were excellent, my wife's salad was just OK, and our service was dreadfully slow. We saw at least two other parties seated after us that got their food before we did. When a manager was alerted to the problem, he simply said that our food would be out next, but did nothing else to address the problem.Special Features:
- Great margaritas & plantain chips!AnthomaniacVIPDined on 7/18/2014Had Friday night dinner at Paladar during trip to Cleveland. Cordially greeted & promptly seated outside, as requested. Waiter was pleasant & fairly attentive, but service from him, the bar, & kitchen was slow overall, esp. as we were dining late and the place was not crowded at all. Noticed adjacent diners similarly frustrated. Surprisingly, the extensive rum menu lacked Barbancourt, so had margarita instead; delish. Ditto the fresh guacamole, served w/crispy house-made mixed chips (SO good, esp. the plantain chips). We had Argentinian mixed grill; skirt steak, chicken & chorizo were all good, but chimichurri on grilled veg tasted briny/pickly (yuck!) rather than of lime/herb; bland rice and flour tortillas were a waste of carbs.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencefeastonfoodDined on 7/18/2014Good food, good service, good rum...what more can you ask for. Wonderful unique atmosphere.Special Features:
- JumpingToMaVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had reservations and they were running late. We were offered a drink. Great way to do business. Makes you feel you are important even though they were busy.Special Features:
- joyceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014this is one of my favorite places to each in Cleveland they go out of their way to pleaseSpecial Features:
- Great food, varied menuAT44120Dined on 7/15/2014If you like Latin American/South American food, you'll enjoy this place. Happy hour is a great deal (but get there early. You won't find a seat if you arrive past 6) and the regular menu has lots of great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yossiDined on 7/13/2014We were again treated to 2 excellent food choices: skirt steak & a special fish dish. Both were beautifully plated & delicious. The service was at its usual best. I had the traditional mojito; my wife had the special margarita. We thoroughly enjoyed the guacamole appetisor. We've eaten at this restaurant many times & the food, ambience & service were excellent. We will definately return - maybe next time for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best casual outdoor summer mealEbrossVIPDined on 7/12/2014tough to beat the easy and casual atmosphere, very good latin food and excellent service. great place to spend a summer weekend evening.Special Features: