Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
1934 Old Gallows Road
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 7038541728x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Nelson Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We would be delighted to host your party at Paladar or cater an event at your home, office, or other venue. Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America while enjoying time with friends and family or with colleagues. Ask to speak with our in-house private events manager for for details
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine listContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (69)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (49)vibrant bar scene (43)great for brunch (40)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (28)special occasion (28)romantic (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food and serviceLoCoKDined on 9/19/2014Paladar has become my favorite restaurant. I eat there at least twice a month. Every time anyone asks me for a restaurant recommendation in the area, it's the first one that comes to mind. The food is very flavorful and not overwhelming. Serving sizes are large, so I often have leftovers or share a dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Food and differentStiggVIPDined on 9/16/2014So I was really looking forward to this place. The food was very good. The Guac was terrific and chips were great. They have a Gluten Free menu as well. I had the Fish Tacos and they were great. Order got a little messed up but they fixed it. Also tried the chicken tacos which were insanely good actually. The service was a little slow. The waiter was standing around a lot while my drink was empty and I had to waive him down to get another drink. He was very nice but just seemed a bit slow. I tried the salad as well (Spinach) which was good. Nothing was over the top but it was a good place to eat and I would come backSpecial Features:
- great drinks & appetizer sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Arranged a group dinner for my colleagues. Service was impeccable. Looking forward to bringing my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Kevin was our Waiter and he was excellent. We had a large group and he was able to split the check for us accurately with no issues. Food was good and drinks were fantastic. Everyone agreed that we would be backSpecial Features:
- Recommend w/caveatsViennaWeeneeVIPDined on 9/13/2014I would recommend to a friend with caveats; be sure you like spicy food and don't have a Margarita. The Margarita was short on volume and also seemingly on tacquila. Even two did not equal one at Anita's down the road on Maple St. in Vienna. Also the gooey queso appetiser was not melted enough to be dipped into without breaking the tostadas that came with it. We had to share it by cutting out portions and putting them on our side plates. Otherwise it was good -- if you like hot peppers and hot chorizo. The main dishes were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagChrisRDined on 9/13/2014My dinner companion really enjoyed her crab croquets, which was out of her usual type of meal. I had the ropa vieja appetizer, and it was mediocre. But then, lately, my taste buds for meat have been off. Perhaps it would have pulled together more with rice and beans to complement. The traditional guacamole and hand-made chips were to die for. I had two rum-based cocktails and they just weren't that good. All one could taste was rum. The caiparinha, one of my fave cocktails, was not as good as other places I have had it, which is really strange, considering this is a rum bar. Service was good, ambience good. I'd be willing to try it again but order something different.Special Features:
- Great party diningRetiredDined on 9/5/2014Service was excellent, rum drinks were really good, and everyone really liked their entrees. There were a number of South American dishes we were not familiar with, so we all tried something new, like the Mango Jerk Chicken and the Feijoada Stew, and all were very good. We had a great time and intend to return. It was a Friday night, so it was packed and it was loud, but it was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improved!Diner100VIPDined on 9/5/2014Was an early diner at this restaurant and waited months to return. Seems all the kinks have been worked out. Food is really good, drinks as well. Service still a little slow, but that was because the place was packed!Special Features:
- Good Food & Great Happy Hour DealsJco71Dined on 9/5/2014Great happy hour deals, and the red sangria was delicious. We should have ordered two of the guac's it was so tasty. Wasn't fond of the queso with chorizo - it was tasty but too rich. The booths are uncomfortable - would definitely ask for a regular table next time instead. For a Friday night was surprised the restaurant wasn't more packed - maybe people don't know about it because it's a little tucked away from Route 7 but it's a good place and would go to again for sure.Special Features:
- Great food!WishIHadDessertVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is amazing at Paladar! Fresh food, good sangria and wine, the desserts are the best!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Relaxn2JazzDined on 8/24/2014The "Guac" was amazing, we had to order another. The assortment of fresh chips with the Guac were outstanding. We ordered two dishes and a drink and everything was perfect. We will be returning for another great meal.Special Features:
- Great FoodpaladarDined on 8/23/2014Great selection of rums and knowledgeable server. Caipirinhas, need to be made to order, not pre cut limes in the bar cooler. Paladar, the names is perfect for the food they serve. Having ordered the Argentinean mixed grill, they hit the spot, chimichurri is missing flavor. Guacamole is on point. Servers need to smile more Paladar is a latín spot. Create the ambiance with proper music selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service I have Had in YearsMissMissyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our server was clearly overwhelmed - or "on" something. She had a large party, and at times seemed confused, would leave for large amounts of time, took our dinner order, then came back 10 minutes later to take our dinner order. Unbelievable! Eventually I had to go find her and asked for the GM. When he came over, he was gracious and apologetic, but did not comp anything from our meal or offer dessert. Overall terrible experience. And the food was better at the Rockville location.
- Love PaladarSusanDined on 8/22/2014Every time we go to Paladar in Tysons it's great. Love the drinks, love the food, love the desserts. And Anthony is the best waiter : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service Not So MuchJnmckee07Dined on 8/18/2014The food tasted delicious, but presentation of it was not so great. I have visited the Annapolis location and found the aesthetics of that location much nicer than Tyson's. The food seemed just thrown on the plate and some of it looked unappetizing, which was unfortunate because the flavor was still wonderful. Our waiter was not so great. He seemed to be rushing us throughout our meal even though it was a Monday night and the place was totally empty. I will probably make the drive out to Annapolis next time just because the overall experience was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly nice findAmaBaccDined on 8/17/2014Great for brunch - something different and everything we tried was delicious. Drinks were great too....the bottomless mimosas were a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Went for brunch with my sister-in-law. This is now my new favorite brunch spot. Quiet, modern, god food and bottomless memosas.Special Features:
- Local Latin!Fit4lifeDined on 8/15/2014Simply the most flavorful food around! Gotta have the guacamole - if you do be prepared to have to take some of your main course home because its a large portion. I look forward to returning next week!!!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood dining option!love2usdayDined on 8/11/2014Everything on the menu looked fantastic! Alas, we couldn't try each one on that dining visit, but we definitely agreed we'd each be back to sample more of the choices. We opted to get 3 appetizers and split them between us and then one dessert. Each was pretty large and filing and we were stuffed with those. No need for more food. The sweet potato doughuts are more like donut-holes and they are very dense, almost seemed like the middles couldn't be thoroughly cooked through b/c of it, but they were still very yummy!
- Something new to tryabcdDined on 8/10/2014A variety guac appetizer was really good, we also liked the Tomatillo salsa. Salmon was OK so was the chicken dish that had fruit in it. Our waiter was very nice and prompt.
- First failure for this placeNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014My 4th visit to Paladar and a HUGE disappointment. The food was spectacular so I MAY still come back. The service and the lack of management was terrible. Our waiter took forever to do everything EXCEPT drop off all our food at once and mess up the bill. Even when we got the manager's attention to correct the bill ($25 in their favor) & no apology or attempt to make us happy. No one in the restaurant was willing to address a serious issue of one table of customers annoying every one else. 2 guys with 2 kids & no control. The kids were playing with toys that made noises (fire truck sirens!), rolled balls on the floor in between wait staff & customers (safety hazard), crawling on the backs of the booths. Ridiculous and ruined our experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014This used to be a go to restaurant for me but the food and the service went downhill fast.
- Noisy but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good -- interesting menu with lot's of good choices. Particularly liked the blackened tilapia soft tacos. Waitress had a pretty strong accent and spoke very fast so with it being a pretty noisy restaurant it was next to impossible to understand what she was saying. Would advise staff to speak more slowly so they could be understood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order guac and mojitoomnivoreDined on 8/2/2014Overall the food was just "ok". For example, my meal came with "Cuban bread" which was tasteless white baguette toasted on a grill. The ambiance is not not great either and feels more like a diner than an intimate restaurant. If you go, order guacamole because it comes with an interesting assortment of chips--plantain, yuca etc. The classic mojito is also good.Special Features:
- Latin Ambiance?MarkManVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went for Friday night dinner with another couple to this relatively new (to our area) restaurant. Looking for a fun place. "Latin", now that says "fun". Food was delicious. The guacamole was excellent. Dinner was great. I had the rum cured pork which I would highly recommend. The downside of this place was the ambiance/background music. Hey, I love Maroon 5 and some of the others played, but that was not what I expected. We were expecting Latin high energy and more traditional Salsa and Latin music to accompany the experience. Try the "rum flights" and you won't notice the music or lack of Latin flare. They were good too, although maybe a little pricey. Go for the food, not the necessarily the ambiance. You'll enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014Truly excellent service and very tasty food. A great new addition to the Tysons Corner dining scene.Special Features:
- Still working out the kinksEdwardVIPDined on 8/1/2014Had dinner at Paladar on Friday night. The food was good with lots of different choices and options. The drinks were smallish but good. The issue was the service. It started off good with the server getting drink orders and appetizers relatively quickly. The seafood ceviche is very good. A small portion, but good. The next hour our server was missing in action. The drinks were done, the appetizers finished, and no server to order entrees. Every once in a while, she would glide by and apologize but still not take the order. The restaurant was pretty full, but there is no excuse for almost an hour of no attention. So, overall a good experience but not if you are in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodTaDaDined on 7/28/2014Paladar was excellent - an inventive menu and great service from Javier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Tysons Corner restaurantLuciaDined on 7/26/2014Paladar's kitchen is very tasty and various. This place would easily qualify for one of the most classy, elegant and well managed. And try Cuban coffee! So delicious!Special Features:
- reviewls55VIPDined on 7/26/2014service is still a problem here after revisiting several months later. ordered several things, some never made it out, some took forever.Special Features:
- TackyOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/25/2014Having seen the outside and the marketing, we we're surprised and disappointed to be walked back into on open, generically tacky restaurant space. The service was friendly but painfully slow. Food is okay - but overall, it was kind of a depressing suburban experience.
- Lunch and Happy HourLeaRVIPDined on 7/25/2014I took my team out to lunch on Friday at Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar. I liked it so much I went back later that night for Happy Hour with friends. They have Great Happy Hour specials. Extensive Rum list. Don't leave until you have tried a Rum Flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but noisyNoVaGSDined on 7/24/2014Our first visit to Paladar with friends we hadn't seen in almost a year. The food and service were terrific, but a group party was going on and the restaurant was very noisy. Could not carry on a conversation with those across the table until the party left. Disappointing. But the food was unique and made up for the atmosphere. Will go back!Special Features:
- Great FoodLoCoKDined on 7/21/2014The stand-out of this restaurant is the delicious food. We loved every dish! The portions are generous and made with high-quality ingredients. It is definitely a place that I will return to even though it is not very close to where I live.Special Features:
- thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014thank you for the great service that you always provide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great funFoodieBeeDined on 7/18/2014Paladar has a fun feel to it's Latin ambience and the food is excellent. It's a great place to go to enjoy fun, creative drinks accompanied by fresh and creative dishes. The staff is attentive and the atmosphere is comfortable. I did not dine al fresco, but it looked pleasant as well. I will definitely return….and soon!Special Features:
- Fabulous food in TysonsNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014I LOVE the guac trio and then the duck tacos. Oh and the mango coconut rice for my side dish is delicious. Been here 4x already. Dont understand why they limit their loyalty card handout to one per table. Think theyd want to spread the wealth. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks Only - MaybeDiner13Dined on 7/11/2014The food was horrible. My wife had a chicken entree. She says the chicken was dry. The rice was bland. I had a salmon salad. Poor all the way around. This was our first visit and have decided we will come for drinks - at best - in the future.
- Mixed ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My second time eating lunch there. There was only one person attending the entire bar seating area during the busy lunch hour. My companion loved her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar funSusanDined on 7/9/2014Liked the atmosphere, great service and food at Paladar Latin Kitchen in Tysons. Will definitely go backSpecial Features: