Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
1934 Old Gallows Road
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: (703) 854-1728
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Nelson Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We would be delighted to host your party at Paladar or cater an event at your home, office, or other venue. Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America while enjoying time with friends and family or with colleagues. Ask to speak with our in-house private events manager for for details
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine listContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (53)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (26)special occasion (19)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (16)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Food is delicious!!unhappyDined on 11/16/2014This is my second time coming to this restaurant and it was great. The food is delicious and the ambience great. Only thing that was different was the service. My waiter could have been better. No matter I will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Latin food!DisappointedlocalVIPDined on 11/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the rum glazed port - better than in Cuba. Daiquiri was great , service pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin FoodpenguinDined on 11/2/2014This was our second visit and we were not disappointed. The guacamole was, as advertised, excellent. It is served with plaintain, veggie and tortilla chips. Our entrees were delicious - a signature stew and the skirt steak. One of our friends had the salmon and said it was good too. Previously was there for a birthday party and the platters were outstanding and plentiful. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- kDinerDined on 10/31/2014First visit. Good spot. Needed more people to warm up the vibe, but was getting busier later in the evening so atmosphere improved. Was Halloween night, so maybe that affected the size of the crowd. Or maybe not discovered yet? Nice rum list, with flights of rums, which unlike bourbon and scotch can be hard to find. Big, interesting menu with use of rum in many dishes - lots of items I'd be interested in trying on return visits. Had great guacamole(s) and tomatillo salsa served with unexpected and very tasty vegetable chips in addition to usual tortilla chips. Ropa vieja entre better than cuban pulled pork, which needed more seasoning. Favorites this visit: chef's special guacamole, green salsa, vegetable chips…and tasting rums.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014We were a group of six and everyone had a different selection and enjoyed their choice. Guacamole appetizer was excellent. Took a while to get a second drink order for one of us due to a back-up at the bar.Special Features:
- MariaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014My dining experience at Paladar was wonderful. I went there for a friend's birthday, and our server was very hospitable and helpful in helping us choose our dinner choices. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who enjoys good Latin food!Special Features:
- Great Latin foodAirFerretDined on 10/14/2014Nice gem hidden away just across Route 7 from Tysons Corner Mall. Food is very flavorful with generous portions. Make sure to ask for their house-made hot sauce. They also have a great selection of rums to try.Special Features:
- wonderful additionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014The food was verrrrrry good overall, the only miss was the chicken empanadas- and they weren't bad, just basic. Our waiter was nice, but service was snail like despite it being a slow night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/11/2014food was decent. sangria was ok, i have had better elsewhere. entree portions are larger- consider splitting with an appetizer, salad, or chips/guac.
- Roberto!JakeVIPDined on 10/9/2014Girls reunion -- Roberto made it so fun and enjoyable - great enthusiasm, interest, knowledge, personable but not too much so, and timely service - highly recommend getting one of his tables!Special Features:
- Just great!unhappyDined on 10/5/2014Loved the food and service. I was taken to my table upon arrival. My waiter was excellent. He was attentive and friendly. The food was great. I haven't had Cuban food in a while so this was a treat for me. My parents who are picky eaters only had good positive feedback. I'm definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LuciaDined on 10/3/2014Excellent place to meet friends and to enjoy Latin food!Special Features:
- Cuban/Latin gem!hazcheesburgersDined on 10/1/2014Discovered this restaurant in Rockvile, and recently discovered the newest location to open in Tysons Corner. LOVE it! Very hard to go wrong with the menu options. Best guac and made-daily-onsite chips. Standouts: feijoada stew, jalapeno lamb stew, adobo shrimp and grits, braised brisket, rum pork, pork chops, ANY of the taco options (chicken is my favorite), spinach and salmon salad (ask for dressing on the side...little too generous on the dressing), sauteed garlic kale, mango/coconut rice, plantains, sweet potato donuts and my favorite, the mango tres leche cake...YUM! Also, I am a 54 year old, coffee drinker - the Cuban coffee is THE BEST COFFEE I HAVE EVER HAD...no oversell here. Don't ruin it with cream!Special Features:
- Great experience!luvs2eatDined on 9/27/2014Food was great. Service was great as well. Our waiter knew the menu and was knowledgeable about what the restaurant offers. He came to check up on us. Our food came out surprisingly quick. I would definitely go back - there's plenty on the menu that I'd love to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4togoDined on 9/26/2014Portions are very generous. Variety of Latin Food is good, but missing Aji de Gallina, and other South American dishes. Feijoada was tasty, but not a faithful rendition of the Brazilian dish. We are sure the restaurant will continue to growSpecial Features:
- Cuban/Latin Gem!hazcheesburgersDined on 9/23/2014It would be hard to imagine any palate that would not be satisfied by any number of dishes offered on the Paladar menu. Must tries: feijoada stew, jalapeño lamb stew, adobe shrimp and grits, rum glazed pork, pork chops, braised brisket, and any one of the taco options (chicken my fave). Guac, best I've had. Best mojitos/margueritas. Don't leave without sharing the mango tres leches cake and enjoying a Cuban coffee...best coffee I have ever had - so smooth that cream and sugar are optional. Brunch? Everything is excellent...love the breakfast tacos! Try the sweet potato doughnuts with your dulce de leche latte while you wait for your brunch entrée...yeah, they are on the dessert menu, but they are doughnuts, 'nuf said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodMeganHBVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had the crab croquettes and I had the rum glazed pork. Amazing food! Service was very attentive! Great mojitis too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change from MexicanBostonianVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our group was delighted with our drinks & dinner Saturday night after attending an event in Tysons. Started with rum drinks & three types of guacamole on the patio and decided to enjoy dinner alfresco. Their "chips" are fresh fried , thinly sliced root vegetables, super crisp and pair nicely with the guac. Even though you overlook the garage and shopping, the outdoor dining area, surrounded by plants almost feels like we are on vacation. We sampled the Cuban roast pork, chicken in a mole sauce and terrific fish tacos. Overall, we enjoyed the cuisine, good service, coffees and mojitos on a warm, fall evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsnightoutDined on 9/19/2014Food was good and tasty, portions were big enough to share. Drinks were awful, and the service was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLoCoKDined on 9/19/2014Paladar has become my favorite restaurant. I eat there at least twice a month. Every time anyone asks me for a restaurant recommendation in the area, it's the first one that comes to mind. The food is very flavorful and not overwhelming. Serving sizes are large, so I often have leftovers or share a dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Food and differentStiggVIPDined on 9/16/2014So I was really looking forward to this place. The food was very good. The Guac was terrific and chips were great. They have a Gluten Free menu as well. I had the Fish Tacos and they were great. Order got a little messed up but they fixed it. Also tried the chicken tacos which were insanely good actually. The service was a little slow. The waiter was standing around a lot while my drink was empty and I had to waive him down to get another drink. He was very nice but just seemed a bit slow. I tried the salad as well (Spinach) which was good. Nothing was over the top but it was a good place to eat and I would come backSpecial Features:
- great drinks & appetizer sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Arranged a group dinner for my colleagues. Service was impeccable. Looking forward to bringing my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentHDFHTBOYDined on 9/16/2014Kevin was our Waiter and he was excellent. We had a large group and he was able to split the check for us accurately with no issues. Food was good and drinks were fantastic. Everyone agreed that we would be backSpecial Features:
- Recommend w/caveatsViennaWeeneeVIPDined on 9/13/2014I would recommend to a friend with caveats; be sure you like spicy food and don't have a Margarita. The Margarita was short on volume and also seemingly on tacquila. Even two did not equal one at Anita's down the road on Maple St. in Vienna. Also the gooey queso appetiser was not melted enough to be dipped into without breaking the tostadas that came with it. We had to share it by cutting out portions and putting them on our side plates. Otherwise it was good -- if you like hot peppers and hot chorizo. The main dishes were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagChrisRDined on 9/13/2014My dinner companion really enjoyed her crab croquets, which was out of her usual type of meal. I had the ropa vieja appetizer, and it was mediocre. But then, lately, my taste buds for meat have been off. Perhaps it would have pulled together more with rice and beans to complement. The traditional guacamole and hand-made chips were to die for. I had two rum-based cocktails and they just weren't that good. All one could taste was rum. The caiparinha, one of my fave cocktails, was not as good as other places I have had it, which is really strange, considering this is a rum bar. Service was good, ambience good. I'd be willing to try it again but order something different.Special Features:
- Cuban/Latin cuisine gem!hazcheesburgersDined on 9/7/2014Discovered this restaurant in Rockvile, and recently discovered the newest location to open in Tysons Corner. LOVE it! Very hard to go wrong with the menu options. Best guac and made-daily-onsite chips. Standouts: feijoada stew, jalapeno lamb stew, adobo shrimp and grits, braised brisket, rum pork, pork chops, ANY of the taco options (chicken is my favorite), spinach and salmon salad (ask for dressing on the side...little too generous on the dressing), sauteed garlic kale, mango/coconut rice, plantains, sweet potato donuts and my favorite, the mango tres leche cake...YUM! Also, I am a 54 year old, coffee drinker - the Cuban coffee is THE BEST COFFEE I HAVE EVER HAD...no oversell here. Don't ruin it with cream!Special Features:
- Great party diningRetiredDined on 9/5/2014Service was excellent, rum drinks were really good, and everyone really liked their entrees. There were a number of South American dishes we were not familiar with, so we all tried something new, like the Mango Jerk Chicken and the Feijoada Stew, and all were very good. We had a great time and intend to return. It was a Friday night, so it was packed and it was loud, but it was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improved!Diner100VIPDined on 9/5/2014Was an early diner at this restaurant and waited months to return. Seems all the kinks have been worked out. Food is really good, drinks as well. Service still a little slow, but that was because the place was packed!Special Features:
- Good Food & Great Happy Hour DealsJco71Dined on 9/5/2014Great happy hour deals, and the red sangria was delicious. We should have ordered two of the guac's it was so tasty. Wasn't fond of the queso with chorizo - it was tasty but too rich. The booths are uncomfortable - would definitely ask for a regular table next time instead. For a Friday night was surprised the restaurant wasn't more packed - maybe people don't know about it because it's a little tucked away from Route 7 but it's a good place and would go to again for sure.Special Features:
- Great food!WishIHadDessertVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is amazing at Paladar! Fresh food, good sangria and wine, the desserts are the best!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Relaxn2JazzDined on 8/24/2014The "Guac" was amazing, we had to order another. The assortment of fresh chips with the Guac were outstanding. We ordered two dishes and a drink and everything was perfect. We will be returning for another great meal.Special Features:
- Great FoodpaladarDined on 8/23/2014Great selection of rums and knowledgeable server. Caipirinhas, need to be made to order, not pre cut limes in the bar cooler. Paladar, the names is perfect for the food they serve. Having ordered the Argentinean mixed grill, they hit the spot, chimichurri is missing flavor. Guacamole is on point. Servers need to smile more Paladar is a latín spot. Create the ambiance with proper music selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service I have Had in YearsMissMissyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our server was clearly overwhelmed - or "on" something. She had a large party, and at times seemed confused, would leave for large amounts of time, took our dinner order, then came back 10 minutes later to take our dinner order. Unbelievable! Eventually I had to go find her and asked for the GM. When he came over, he was gracious and apologetic, but did not comp anything from our meal or offer dessert. Overall terrible experience. And the food was better at the Rockville location.
- Love PaladarSusanDined on 8/22/2014Every time we go to Paladar in Tysons it's great. Love the drinks, love the food, love the desserts. And Anthony is the best waiter : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service Not So MuchJnmckee07Dined on 8/18/2014The food tasted delicious, but presentation of it was not so great. I have visited the Annapolis location and found the aesthetics of that location much nicer than Tyson's. The food seemed just thrown on the plate and some of it looked unappetizing, which was unfortunate because the flavor was still wonderful. Our waiter was not so great. He seemed to be rushing us throughout our meal even though it was a Monday night and the place was totally empty. I will probably make the drive out to Annapolis next time just because the overall experience was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly nice findAmaBaccDined on 8/17/2014Great for brunch - something different and everything we tried was delicious. Drinks were great too....the bottomless mimosas were a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Went for brunch with my sister-in-law. This is now my new favorite brunch spot. Quiet, modern, god food and bottomless memosas.Special Features:
- Local Latin!Fit4lifeDined on 8/15/2014Simply the most flavorful food around! Gotta have the guacamole - if you do be prepared to have to take some of your main course home because its a large portion. I look forward to returning next week!!!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood dining option!love2usdayVIPDined on 8/11/2014Everything on the menu looked fantastic! Alas, we couldn't try each one on that dining visit, but we definitely agreed we'd each be back to sample more of the choices. We opted to get 3 appetizers and split them between us and then one dessert. Each was pretty large and filing and we were stuffed with those. No need for more food. The sweet potato doughuts are more like donut-holes and they are very dense, almost seemed like the middles couldn't be thoroughly cooked through b/c of it, but they were still very yummy!
- Something new to tryabcdDined on 8/10/2014A variety guac appetizer was really good, we also liked the Tomatillo salsa. Salmon was OK so was the chicken dish that had fruit in it. Our waiter was very nice and prompt.