Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
11333 Woodglen Drive
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: (301) 816-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Joseph Tis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
- Cross Street: Executive Blvd
- Public Transit: Half mile from the White Flint metro stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available daily after 5pm and all day on weekends in our lot off Woodglen Drive, just north of the water tower. Self park options available for lunch.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (65)vibrant bar scene (53)great for outdoor dining (50)great for lunch (36)hot spot (31)special occasion (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Angela's service is always outstanding ; food is delicious And drinks amazing. I love this place and will miss it terribly when I move to Houston!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little slow, food good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Service was a little slow but waitress seemed to have lots of tables, especially one fussy one. We weren't in a hurry so it didn't take away from the whole experience too much. Fish tacos were a little bland, calamari was very good. Avocado dip and chips isawesome. Love the skinny fries. Black bean soup had high marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than lastCherylCDined on 11/15/2014Third visit - much better than 2nd. Service was good - server very friendly! Food of course, was excellent. Changed menu since last time - however, not as many things I was interested in so went to a previous dish I had. Still excellent. Would like the cuban coffees to be warmer - 3rd time it was tepid. However, will be back - hope to try new location near Gaithersburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!!!SuzieQDined on 11/14/2014I experienced this restaurant for the first time for lunch two weeks ago. I thought the food was so delicious that I wanted to return with my family to celebrate my birthday. Our service was wonderful and the food was so plentiful and wonderful too. I look forward to returning in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience.AndrewjbVIPDined on 11/14/2014This was a third time at Paladar, and once again it was a good experience. The food and drinks were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, decadent food!happypalatteDined on 11/8/2014My third visit to Paladar with girlfriends and the food was consistently good. The entrees are huge, good for sharing if you order appetizers and dessert. We had the fish tacos and ropa vieja along with guacamole and churros. The churros were a little over sugary and heavy on the cinnamon, but tasty. Service was attentive, perhaps a little too much. We felt a little like we were being hurried out on a Saturday night. Overall, I would go back.Special Features:
- Great placebomond5Dined on 11/8/2014The place gets busy on the weekends, even with reservations, so that's just an FYI. The wait wasn't that long, though. Definitely have their guacamole for your appetizer. It is amazing! Plus they serve it with plantain chips, yuka chips, and tortilla chips. Great combination! They have a wide selection of entrees so everyone, even the vegans have something to eat. And their dessert is awesome! My group split the flan and the bread pudding. Very good! One thing to note, try to not make too many changes to your entree, they may not get it right. But if they don't the first time, they are very good at fixing it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealKsparicoVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a fabulous meal with the pork and beef dish! Great service and drinks too!Special Features:
- First timeholysmokesDined on 11/8/2014I lived in Sao Paulo Brazil for 2 years, 2009 to 2010, and grew accustomed to their national dishes. I was hesitant to try Paladar's Brazilian cuisine but glad I jumped in. The spice blends and quality of ingredients met my expectations and helped me relive my Brazil experiences. All positive mind you! Enjoyable cuisine and atmosphere. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Incredible!Jennsta05Dined on 11/7/2014Paladar's food is incredible! Their spin on Latin and American cuisine is a journey for your taste buds! The pork tostones were t die for -- I am still savoring them 2 days later!!! The only drawback was getting our table. I made a reservation for 8pm and arrived 30 minutes before my reservation. I ended up waiting 45 minutes (15 minutes after my reservation time) for a table which was pretty annoying. Our waiter also kept disappearing for long periods of time which was inconvenient. Even with those two hiccups, we are definitely planning to return because the food was so good.Special Features:
- fun evening except for servicehilaryraeDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious, the server was hellpful and knowledgeable about the drink choices as well as the food options. However, drink service was wayyy tooo long, and we did not get all the food items that we ordered. Our server was clearly overwhelmed by how many tables he had to cover.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantmemeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our second visit at this location, and both have been very good. Salad with spinach and hearts of palm was tasty, different, large, and a bargain. Wife enjoyed black bean soup, and friend approved chicken tortilla soup. Veracruz seafood stew was hot and spicy as advertised and very good with a nice blend of seafood. Others at table gave thumbs up to lamb stew and salmon salad. Churros for dessert were also a hit. Service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodhungry4goodfoodDined on 10/31/2014Paladar is a very nice looking restaurant in the new Crown Farm area. Went for lunch - had guacamole (decent), tacos (not very tasty) and skirt steak w chimichurri (average) The bar was nice looking and looked like it could be fun...
- Good food and Quiet LocaleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Good place for great quality lunch. Lunch specials were delicious and fun -- Rum inspired menu for October. Nice touch. Able to talk with colleagues in quiet place during lunch due to lower volume of customers. Parking is a bit of a problem in that you need to pay at lunch time versus dinner.Special Features:
- MollyMoDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was packed, and our table was not ready exactly on time. The manager was gracious and apologetic and made sure that we were taken care of. The food and drinks were good and we really enjoyed ourselves. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Tacos were a great bargainJaaaPeeeDined on 10/21/2014Fun evening with great tacos less than $3.00. Service was super and food was really quite good. Do not forget to order the guacamole with an interesting variety of chips.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We love Paladar. The food is consistenly fantastic. Great happy hour specials. The service can be hit or miss, but the food makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant for latin food.drf828Dined on 10/12/2014Went over the weekend and had a good meal. Service is good as well. Not excellent but a great place to go for a good latin meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous new find for meLilliesVIPDined on 10/12/2014I ate here for the first time over the weekend and LOVED it! I can't wait to go again very soon and to introduce the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- We'll be back!RandyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Paladar was a surprise find on Open Table that we tried out and thoroughly enjoyed. Hidden away in the "back" of a building that faces Rockville Pike, it's like many of the newer well thought-out restaurants in office buildings that make you forget where you are with the service and food. Short ribs were delicious!Special Features:
- Great service and foodpickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is great. The staff was very friendly and the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful new location!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the food, beverages and ambiance. A wonderful new addition in Rockville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014The service at the Rockville restaurant was terrific and the group raved about the service and the food!Special Features:
- great food experience but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014On the whole the food was wonderful. However, we were there for Sunday brunch and we ordered the crab/hearts of palm as an appetizer (which we'd tried and loved once before) but they were all VERY undercooked with very soft, white dough and one of the 3 empanadas had virtually no filling... it was even visible without cutting into it. Very disappointing. But the rest of our food more than made up for it. We had one suggestion, we all felt that for a brunch service there should be some type of bread basket put on the table like they do with chips in the evening. Nothing on their brinch menu comes with toast or any baked good, it would be pretty nice to have that when you're seated while drinking mimosa's and viewing the menu.Special Features:
- Poor service ruined the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We sat at the table for 30 minutes before we got attention. My husband had to go to the bar to get us drinks. Bill was incorrect. Great food was the only redeeming quality, but the service was so poor our dining experience was ruined.Special Features:
- JSFOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Paladar has a very loud and busy bar. The drinks and appetizers are good. Our dinners were generously portioned but too salty. Service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/2/2014The first thing you notice, which never quite goes away is the noise level. Way too loud. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were more than adequate (plenty for leftovers the next day). The "Rum Bar" section of the restaurant should be walled-off from the dining section. The bar was more crowded than the restaurant, they are within view of each other, and one can't quite ignore the constant, loud din.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Great Service. The Rum Braised Pork with Mango Rice and the Lamb Stew with Hominy were both excellent. The Queso with Chorizo was good but the chips could have been a little more sturdy to hold up to the cooling cheese.Special Features:
- Angel is an Angel!PamPam31VIPDined on 9/26/2014I talked to the manager, Angel & she took great care of us!Special Features:
- Fun and attentivekatnapVIPDined on 9/21/2014The menu at Paladar is really fun -- playful and lots of flavor. Our server was excellent - she joined in our lighthearted spirit, and when she heard me mention to my friends that my meal was oversalted, she came over and volunteered to take it back, which I really appreciated. I didn't want to mar the evening by sending food back, but she made it so easy that I didn't have to feel self-conscious. We had a great time and a wonderful meal. The reason there's no fifth star is that the atmosphere in the back part of the restaurant is a little dark and dank - it could use some livening up visually. But I will definitely return for the food, the cocktails and the service.Special Features:
- Good food as usual!allik3Dined on 9/20/2014Service was great, drinks were STRONG (but not complaining), food was excellent. Huge portions!Special Features:
- Food DeliciousJaneDined on 9/19/2014The food here was amazing and delicious! However the service was horrible, slow, inattentive. if they yo could improve service what a great place this will beSpecial Features:
- Rockvillle's answer to Ceiba et alAaronDined on 9/19/2014Went to Latin Kitchen to celebrate a birthday. By 6:30 the bar area was completely packed but the main dining area was still calm. 5 of us got to try several things. The Chorizo & Cheese Pupusa was one of the best things we had. Also tried the trifecta of guacamole, which was also very good. The seafood stew was nice and spicy. In the end though, the desserts were fantastic. Sweet Potato donuts were a surprise. These were brought by the house for the birthday. I was not expecting it to be good, but was pleasantly surprised. And the white caramel sauce on top was excellent. The churros with dark chocolate sauce were very nice. Only criticism of the night was that the kitchen and servers were slightly out of sync. We survived.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 9/16/2014It was a fantastic experience Ready to do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and Quite GoodmemeVIPDined on 9/13/2014All in all, a fine experience. Special guacamole (mango and roasted garlic) was tasty and served with a basket of three kinds of chips, including plaintains. Half carafe of red sangria was also very good, and reasonably priced. Roasted salmon entree was substantial and excellent, with carrot puree lending sweetness, olive reduction for saltiness, and zucchini strips for crunch. Ropa viejo was a large platter of beef strips over plaintains, good but a bit boring and not up to the salmon. Side salad of spinach and hearts of palm was huge, delicious, and a great bargain. We had a new waiter, whose service was not up to par, but a manager twice came to our table to assist. Ample free surface parking a half block away. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mixed bagDiningdivaVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food quality was not consistently good during a first time visit. The mango guacamole served with veggie chips was excellent. I enjoyed my spinach salad with salmon but it could have used less dressing. My husbands ceviche was not good at all. The Cubano sandwich tasted fine but nothing special. Service started out fine but when it got busy our waiter disappeared. Some dishes were cleared while others were left on table. I'd give it another try but probably just for drinks and apps. The dining room has an odd vibe.
- Great food; incredible drinksLuv2dineDined on 9/11/2014Our server was excellent. The food was delicious. The drinks were spectacular -- made with all fresh ingredients. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paladar was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Paladar has great food, lovely ambiance, super conscientious wait staff. The manager, Ian, came to our table and was very friendly and accommodating. The friends we brought said they would definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodeatinoutVIPDined on 9/6/2014Paladar is what happens when you take a neighborhood foodery concept and upscale it to a wealthy young urban population. The flavors are wonderful, the presentation lovely, and the prices enough to feed the clientele of a typical Cuban paladar for most of a month :) I've never been disappointed with either the food or the service. I've been there before, and I will be again.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!Stevie0590Dined on 8/30/2014It was the right combination of setting, food and service! Loved our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.