Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
11333 Woodglen Drive
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3018161100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Joseph Tis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
- Cross Street: Executive Blvd
- Public Transit: Half mile from the White Flint metro stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available daily after 5pm and all day on weekends in our lot off Woodglen Drive, just north of the water tower. Self park options available for lunch.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)good for groups (68)fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (60)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (34)hot spot (27)great for brunch (26)special occasion (26)late-night find (23)romantic (13)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Tacos were a great bargainJaaaPeeeDined on 10/21/2014Fun evening with great tacos less than $3.00. Service was super and food was really quite good. Do not forget to order the guacamole with an interesting variety of chips.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We love Paladar. The food is consistenly fantastic. Great happy hour specials. The service can be hit or miss, but the food makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant for latin food.drf828Dined on 10/12/2014Went over the weekend and had a good meal. Service is good as well. Not excellent but a great place to go for a good latin meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous new find for meLilliesVIPDined on 10/12/2014I ate here for the first time over the weekend and LOVED it! I can't wait to go again very soon and to introduce the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- We'll be back!RandyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Paladar was a surprise find on Open Table that we tried out and thoroughly enjoyed. Hidden away in the "back" of a building that faces Rockville Pike, it's like many of the newer well thought-out restaurants in office buildings that make you forget where you are with the service and food. Short ribs were delicious!Special Features:
- Great service and foodpickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is great. The staff was very friendly and the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful new location!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the food, beverages and ambiance. A wonderful new addition in Rockville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014The service at the Rockville restaurant was terrific and the group raved about the service and the food!Special Features:
- great food experience but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014On the whole the food was wonderful. However, we were there for Sunday brunch and we ordered the crab/hearts of palm as an appetizer (which we'd tried and loved once before) but they were all VERY undercooked with very soft, white dough and one of the 3 empanadas had virtually no filling... it was even visible without cutting into it. Very disappointing. But the rest of our food more than made up for it. We had one suggestion, we all felt that for a brunch service there should be some type of bread basket put on the table like they do with chips in the evening. Nothing on their brinch menu comes with toast or any baked good, it would be pretty nice to have that when you're seated while drinking mimosa's and viewing the menu.Special Features:
- Poor service ruined the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We sat at the table for 30 minutes before we got attention. My husband had to go to the bar to get us drinks. Bill was incorrect. Great food was the only redeeming quality, but the service was so poor our dining experience was ruined.Special Features:
- JSFOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Paladar has a very loud and busy bar. The drinks and appetizers are good. Our dinners were generously portioned but too salty. Service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/2/2014The first thing you notice, which never quite goes away is the noise level. Way too loud. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were more than adequate (plenty for leftovers the next day). The "Rum Bar" section of the restaurant should be walled-off from the dining section. The bar was more crowded than the restaurant, they are within view of each other, and one can't quite ignore the constant, loud din.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Great Service. The Rum Braised Pork with Mango Rice and the Lamb Stew with Hominy were both excellent. The Queso with Chorizo was good but the chips could have been a little more sturdy to hold up to the cooling cheese.Special Features:
- Angel is an Angel!PamPam31VIPDined on 9/26/2014I talked to the manager, Angel & she took great care of us!Special Features:
- Fun and attentivekatnapDined on 9/21/2014The menu at Paladar is really fun -- playful and lots of flavor. Our server was excellent - she joined in our lighthearted spirit, and when she heard me mention to my friends that my meal was oversalted, she came over and volunteered to take it back, which I really appreciated. I didn't want to mar the evening by sending food back, but she made it so easy that I didn't have to feel self-conscious. We had a great time and a wonderful meal. The reason there's no fifth star is that the atmosphere in the back part of the restaurant is a little dark and dank - it could use some livening up visually. But I will definitely return for the food, the cocktails and the service.Special Features:
- Good food as usual!allik3Dined on 9/20/2014Service was great, drinks were STRONG (but not complaining), food was excellent. Huge portions!Special Features:
- Food DeliciousJaneDined on 9/19/2014The food here was amazing and delicious! However the service was horrible, slow, inattentive. if they yo could improve service what a great place this will beSpecial Features:
- Rockvillle's answer to Ceiba et alAaronDined on 9/19/2014Went to Latin Kitchen to celebrate a birthday. By 6:30 the bar area was completely packed but the main dining area was still calm. 5 of us got to try several things. The Chorizo & Cheese Pupusa was one of the best things we had. Also tried the trifecta of guacamole, which was also very good. The seafood stew was nice and spicy. In the end though, the desserts were fantastic. Sweet Potato donuts were a surprise. These were brought by the house for the birthday. I was not expecting it to be good, but was pleasantly surprised. And the white caramel sauce on top was excellent. The churros with dark chocolate sauce were very nice. Only criticism of the night was that the kitchen and servers were slightly out of sync. We survived.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 9/16/2014It was a fantastic experience Ready to do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and Quite GoodmemeVIPDined on 9/13/2014All in all, a fine experience. Special guacamole (mango and roasted garlic) was tasty and served with a basket of three kinds of chips, including plaintains. Half carafe of red sangria was also very good, and reasonably priced. Roasted salmon entree was substantial and excellent, with carrot puree lending sweetness, olive reduction for saltiness, and zucchini strips for crunch. Ropa viejo was a large platter of beef strips over plaintains, good but a bit boring and not up to the salmon. Side salad of spinach and hearts of palm was huge, delicious, and a great bargain. We had a new waiter, whose service was not up to par, but a manager twice came to our table to assist. Ample free surface parking a half block away. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mixed bagDiningdivaVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food quality was not consistently good during a first time visit. The mango guacamole served with veggie chips was excellent. I enjoyed my spinach salad with salmon but it could have used less dressing. My husbands ceviche was not good at all. The Cubano sandwich tasted fine but nothing special. Service started out fine but when it got busy our waiter disappeared. Some dishes were cleared while others were left on table. I'd give it another try but probably just for drinks and apps. The dining room has an odd vibe.
- Great food; incredible drinksLuv2dineDined on 9/11/2014Our server was excellent. The food was delicious. The drinks were spectacular -- made with all fresh ingredients. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paladar was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Paladar has great food, lovely ambiance, super conscientious wait staff. The manager, Ian, came to our table and was very friendly and accommodating. The friends we brought said they would definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodeatinoutDined on 9/6/2014Paladar is what happens when you take a neighborhood foodery concept and upscale it to a wealthy young urban population. The flavors are wonderful, the presentation lovely, and the prices enough to feed the clientele of a typical Cuban paladar for most of a month :) I've never been disappointed with either the food or the service. I've been there before, and I will be again.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!Stevie0590Dined on 8/30/2014It was the right combination of setting, food and service! Loved our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeekayDined on 8/28/2014Great place! Staff was friendly and the food was delicious!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014We were not happy the first time we visited Paladar. The services was slow, the Mojito was over iced, and the food was fair. After management read our first review, we received an apology and a gift certificate so we tried a second time. No better. Terrible service, the Mojito had so much ice there was nothing left for rum, and the food was fair at best. We will not try again.
- GeeyahDined on 8/20/2014Jerk chicken was very dry, otherwise menu items were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food and Happy Hour MenuWaldenPHDDined on 8/18/2014Had a good time catching up with a colleague! The happy hour food menu was delicious!Special Features:
- Second visitCherylCDined on 8/16/2014So, second visit was good....not as fabulous as the first time, but still good. We got there early (around 5:30 on Saturday) so they weren't busy. Server wasn't very attentive, food wasn't as hot as I would have liked (luke warm) but drinks were good. I would have given outstanding rating had it been the same as last (first) visit. Still will go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and selectioniguana265Dined on 8/15/2014There were about 10 different things I wanted to order on the menu. They were happy to substitute one side dish for another. Plenty of healthy veggies to go with the piles of meat that highlighted the menu (and I couldn't resist). We both really liked our food. We got to sit outside where it was quiet and pleasant on a lovely night. It was a great experience overall.Special Features:
- Late-Night Birthday DinnercanonstringsDined on 8/12/2014Although a very large party (35 I think) arriving at the same time as my fiance and me caused the minor preoccupation of the service team, they quickly got everything straightened out and were very attentive for the test of our time there. The food was delicious (as expected due to previous experience with Annapolis location), and the decpr, while not as high-end as the afformentioned Annapolis location, was very authentic to a Cuban/Latin restaurant. Oh, and did I mention the food is AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful staff, Salty dishesOHBoyVIPDined on 8/11/20142 happy hour are great, especially late night, rare in the hood. We need more late night venues. patio dining is wonderful. Friendly staff. Tempting menu choices. Yet it seems that the 3 dishes ordered are all on the salty side. Lamb stew, incredibly salty - chef stated that's the way it is. It could have 1/2 of the salt. Pastry and rib soft taco are also on the strong side. Perhaps better luck with other choices.Special Features:
- paladar is great!FabulousFoodieDined on 8/9/2014I love everything about paladar! Great ambience, excellent food and drinks! I have been coming to paladar since they opened in Annapolis. This was my first time at the location in rockville...and it was all that! I love they have happy hour on the weekend s as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food inconsistent serviceFoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our 2nd visit. The 1st time was great. The 2nd time was not. The host did someting he should never do. He asked me if my husband needed a braille menu. He is visally impaired but he is not deaf or dumb. He should have been asked directly. The food came out too fast. They kept trying to take our plates away before we were finished. Finally the food runner decided to cram two hot entree plates in front of us while we were still eating our salad and knocked a water glass all over our table. Our server apologized and cleaned everything but from then on our server was MIA. I had to ask someone else to wrap up our leftovers so we could leave and had to beg for the check. We will be back. But we did not have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServicegoodeatingVIPDined on 8/8/2014All that I think about is when I can return to Palador! The food is fabulous and so were the servers! Best so far -- guac, curry with vegetables, and pineapple rum cake! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- an14jean14jeDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed my first visit here. My lunch partner was a repeat customer. The guacamole and chips are fantastic, watermelon mojito tasty, the gazpacho just right for a warm summer day. Sat outside, so can't comment yet about the inside until a future visit. Only drawback was that our waiter forgot our entrees and by the time we asked about it he was ready to give us our bill, thinking we had eaten. However, all was forgiven as he was a charming, friendly guy. Will return.Special Features:
- PALADAROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014PALADAR IS A GREAT COUPLE RESTAURANT BUT ALSO WELCOMES KIDS. WE RECENTLY WENT THERE TWICE WITH OUR GRANDCHILDREN BUT ALSO ONCE WITH ANOTHER COUPLE. THE HOSTESS HAS YOU SEATED APPROPRIATELY SO THAT WITH THE KIDS WE DIDN'T WORRY THAT MUCH ABOUT BOTHERING TABLES OF ADULTS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin America and Over the WorldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Loved it!! I kept ordering small plates which is the way to go. The Brazilian beef with plaintains I could have easily had 16 servings of! Mixed ceviche was phenomenal with the chip basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceAndrewjbVIPDined on 7/22/2014We have been a few times and always have had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.