Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
11333 Woodglen Drive
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3018161100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Joseph Tis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
- Cross Street: Executive Blvd
- Public Transit: Half mile from the White Flint metro stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available daily after 5pm and all day on weekends in our lot off Woodglen Drive, just north of the water tower. Self park options available for lunch.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)great for outdoor dining (78)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (71)vibrant bar scene (60)great for lunch (54)special occasion (47)great for brunch (43)hot spot (39)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (31)romantic (22)notable wine list (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Great place! Staff was friendly and the food was delicious!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014We were not happy the first time we visited Paladar. The services was slow, the Mojito was over iced, and the food was fair. After management read our first review, we received an apology and a gift certificate so we tried a second time. No better. Terrible service, the Mojito had so much ice there was nothing left for rum, and the food was fair at best. We will not try again.
- GeeyahDined on 8/20/2014Jerk chicken was very dry, otherwise menu items were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food and Happy Hour MenuWaldenPHDDined on 8/18/2014Had a good time catching up with a colleague! The happy hour food menu was delicious!Special Features:
- Second visitCherylCDined on 8/16/2014So, second visit was good....not as fabulous as the first time, but still good. We got there early (around 5:30 on Saturday) so they weren't busy. Server wasn't very attentive, food wasn't as hot as I would have liked (luke warm) but drinks were good. I would have given outstanding rating had it been the same as last (first) visit. Still will go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and selectioniguana265Dined on 8/15/2014There were about 10 different things I wanted to order on the menu. They were happy to substitute one side dish for another. Plenty of healthy veggies to go with the piles of meat that highlighted the menu (and I couldn't resist). We both really liked our food. We got to sit outside where it was quiet and pleasant on a lovely night. It was a great experience overall.Special Features:
- Late-Night Birthday DinnercanonstringsDined on 8/12/2014Although a very large party (35 I think) arriving at the same time as my fiance and me caused the minor preoccupation of the service team, they quickly got everything straightened out and were very attentive for the test of our time there. The food was delicious (as expected due to previous experience with Annapolis location), and the decpr, while not as high-end as the afformentioned Annapolis location, was very authentic to a Cuban/Latin restaurant. Oh, and did I mention the food is AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful staff, Salty dishesOHBoyVIPDined on 8/11/20142 happy hour are great, especially late night, rare in the hood. We need more late night venues. patio dining is wonderful. Friendly staff. Tempting menu choices. Yet it seems that the 3 dishes ordered are all on the salty side. Lamb stew, incredibly salty - chef stated that's the way it is. It could have 1/2 of the salt. Pastry and rib soft taco are also on the strong side. Perhaps better luck with other choices.Special Features:
- paladar is great!FabulousFoodieDined on 8/9/2014I love everything about paladar! Great ambience, excellent food and drinks! I have been coming to paladar since they opened in Annapolis. This was my first time at the location in rockville...and it was all that! I love they have happy hour on the weekend s as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food inconsistent serviceFoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our 2nd visit. The 1st time was great. The 2nd time was not. The host did someting he should never do. He asked me if my husband needed a braille menu. He is visally impaired but he is not deaf or dumb. He should have been asked directly. The food came out too fast. They kept trying to take our plates away before we were finished. Finally the food runner decided to cram two hot entree plates in front of us while we were still eating our salad and knocked a water glass all over our table. Our server apologized and cleaned everything but from then on our server was MIA. I had to ask someone else to wrap up our leftovers so we could leave and had to beg for the check. We will be back. But we did not have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServicegoodeatingVIPDined on 8/8/2014All that I think about is when I can return to Palador! The food is fabulous and so were the servers! Best so far -- guac, curry with vegetables, and pineapple rum cake! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- an14jean14jeDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed my first visit here. My lunch partner was a repeat customer. The guacamole and chips are fantastic, watermelon mojito tasty, the gazpacho just right for a warm summer day. Sat outside, so can't comment yet about the inside until a future visit. Only drawback was that our waiter forgot our entrees and by the time we asked about it he was ready to give us our bill, thinking we had eaten. However, all was forgiven as he was a charming, friendly guy. Will return.Special Features:
- PALADAROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014PALADAR IS A GREAT COUPLE RESTAURANT BUT ALSO WELCOMES KIDS. WE RECENTLY WENT THERE TWICE WITH OUR GRANDCHILDREN BUT ALSO ONCE WITH ANOTHER COUPLE. THE HOSTESS HAS YOU SEATED APPROPRIATELY SO THAT WITH THE KIDS WE DIDN'T WORRY THAT MUCH ABOUT BOTHERING TABLES OF ADULTS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin America and Over the WorldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Loved it!! I kept ordering small plates which is the way to go. The Brazilian beef with plaintains I could have easily had 16 servings of! Mixed ceviche was phenomenal with the chip basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceAndrewjbVIPDined on 7/22/2014We have been a few times and always have had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodfiresanDined on 7/19/2014The service was excellent. The food was somewhat bland. Maybe tuned more for American tastes. Overall a good visit.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 7/19/2014The drinks were excellent, try the mango mojito even at half strength it was great!Special Features:
- Best Guac and Fish TacosSmilingDined on 7/15/2014Paladar serves up the best house-made guac this side of San Antonio. Love the plaintain chips and yucca chips that accompany the regular chips. And then there are the fish tacos. Great flavor. The right amount of "stuffing." Delicious. Glad that we spent my birthday dinner there. (One note: The mojitos are okay...not that great.) Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow but food is goodTigerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food is very good but service is average at best. Waiter is slow to check in and drinks were slow to arrive. Chips and salsa is not free but guac was worth the cost. Note the "chips" are not traditional tortilla but I like the different style. Overall definitely good choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014We have gone here twice the food and service were excellent But we were told by the hostess we had no reservation from opentable and yet the next day I get and e-mail the next day from opentable that I did not honor my reservation add that to I never got my points from my first reservation with opentable so good luck on making reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos TuesdayHappycamperDined on 7/8/2014It was tacos Tuesday, so we (group of three) ordered quite a few, ie, chicken, duck, fish, pork. They were all deliiiiiicious. The carmel fran for desert was so good that we forgot how full we were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LatinFoodVacubfanDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I went to Paladar for dinner while at a group gathering in Bethesda and found the food and service to be wonderful. I had the churassco and my wife had the ropa vieja which were as good as any we have ever had. The prices were reasonable and the service was very good. We plan to try out the Paladar restaurant in Tyson's Corner next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GooseDined on 7/1/2014My only criticism would be the noise level. It's VERY loud.Special Features:
- Mon. night salsa dancinganonymousDined on 6/30/2014can be a bit noisy, even when you sit as far away as possible. Other than that, food is consistently great (this was 4th time I've been there for dinner). Servings are generous; always have enough for lunch the next day.
- PaladarnicksimDined on 6/29/2014Chef's Inspiration Guacamole was terrific, with extra corn and cheese added. Ceviche OK, but that's the chance you take. Cuban Black Bean Soup was superb. My partner not too hot on the Portobello & Queso Blanco Empenadas - kind of "bready" and not much filling. I had Rum Glazed Cuban Pork with black beans and rice. It was the best! I brought some of it home. Their "take out box" was nicely prepared. Overall: Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonAnonDined on 6/29/2014Had a great brunch at Paladar. We were delighted to find a good brunch place in North Bethesda. Food was really good and our server Chris was awesome. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Service could have been betterDCVikingDined on 6/28/2014We made reservations using OpenTable. We got immediately seated right away. The first table was a very awkward table next to a wall and off to the side. We asked for a different table and we got seated in a nice comfortable booth table. After the hostess left us with menus it took 15-20 minutes before our waiter showed up after requesting another waiter inquire about who was supposed to attend us. The waiter apologized and eventuallu made up for the slow start and offered a free dessert as an apology. The food was good and the portions were healthy. The mojitos were good and the restaurant boasts a deep selection of rums. The bar looked very nice and would likely go back for drinks. The only thing missing - live salsa/latin music.
- Ehdm715VIPDined on 6/25/2014Good food. Good menu. Horrible service. Also they did not recognize my open table reservation even when I showered them the confirmation email.Special Features:
- Consistantly goodRonGVIPDined on 6/20/2014Major was a very good server. The restaurant was quite loud--maybe due to World Cup. The food is consistently tasty. Outstanding MontCo restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We were showing off this restaurant to friends and they were very pleased with the fresh food, drinks , melt in your mouth little donut desserts--OMG!!The evening was just delightful and our server was maybe the best one ever--and I wish I could remember his name. Paladar is a real treasure for the DC area.Special Features:
- Great PlaceNightOutDined on 6/20/2014The food at Paladar is reasonably priced and tastes delicious. I recommend the Rum Pork entree, with quacamole as an appetizer. There is plenty of bar seating if you forgot to make a reservation. Overall a great addition to RockvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enhoyable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014I recently (6/20) dined at Paladar Latin Kitchen based upon the recommendation of a good friend. I was not disappointed. I found the food, served in large portions, to be delicious and the drinks to be well made. I will definitely be returning for another visist as the menu had many dishes that appealed to me. I can't wait return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014food was pretty good, atmosphere was fun, staff was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningBarryVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is the 4th or 5th time that we have eaten at Paladar and as usual the had a great meal and terrific service. Everyone loved their meals. My son and I both had the Feijoada Stew and it was excellent. Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Unique Menu ItemsGreatVarietyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our family enjoyed Paladar for the first time in celebrating father's day, grandfather's day, and a birthday! Our waiter was very pleasant and patient with our large group and there were surprisingly good options for vegetarians! The menu also notes items that are or could be made vegan! The strawberry infused sangria (with rum) was amazing to start along with spicy guacamole and empanadas. All enjoyed the food, even our kiddos. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Delicious Cuban food!biogirlsarahDined on 6/14/2014The food was great, yummy spicy guacamole and excellent mojitos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really niceCherylCDined on 6/14/2014First visit there - sat outside. The service was excellent, food and drinks were awesome. Even tried dessert - a rarity - and did not disappoint. The ONLY issue I would say is the food was not consistently hot - some parts hotter than others. Other than that - really really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodDined on 6/14/2014Excellent on all levels:service, food, ambience. Even my 10 year old loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great RestaurantJojoDined on 6/8/2014This is a lively, fun place with excellent food and drinks. The menu has many great choices from South and Central America. The service is especially good. We have eaten here three times and have been very pleased each time.Special Features:
- Awesome and Delicious!HappyNeighborsDined on 6/8/2014We had a wonderful meal and this was not the first! We live close by and love the quacamole! The ability to order vegetarian options is a great plus! The food has been consistently delicious to date. Our waiter was wonderful and filled us in on savings via the Paladar card. We have taken family and friends and plan to return frequently!Special Features: