Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
801 Silks Run, Ste 1580
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9544550700x
- Hours of Operation:
APRIL TO NOVEMBER
Thu - Sun: 11am to 4pm
DECEMBER TO MARCH
Wed- Sun: 11am to 4pm
Sun - Thu: 4pm to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 4pm to 11pm
Sun -Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, South American
- Executive Chef: Orlando Arroyo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
*Received 3 stars from the Sun-Sentinel* Paladar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Hallandale ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (16)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- What a shame!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2013Such potential, such poor service and besides the appetizer, such mediocre food. The place. Has such potential with its location and décor, but this is our second attempt at dinner, and there won't be athird!Special Features:
- Good brunch!WineGal33VIPDined on 12/8/2013Went to Paladar for a friend's birthday brunch. We were able to sit for a bit with drinks and chips/guac before ordering. We sat outside and had a great view of the horses doing their little stroll in the Gulfstream promenade. It made the occassion a little more festive. We all enjoyed our meals. I ordered off the brunch menu and others ordered from the regular lunch menu. We had the mango/cilantro mojitos that were delicious. I would definitely come back and would love to try happy hour at Paladar.Special Features:
- awesome!!!!!!JuiceDined on 12/4/2013The service was great the food was amazing and thr atmosphere was devine. Fish tacos rocked and the spicy guacamole was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Last Night in MiamiMiamiMoonlighterDined on 11/23/2013We were looking for a special restaurant to dine al fresco at night before we left town. We wanted something with latin flair and came upon this restaurant. It looked wonderful and since we were not familiar with the surroundings--we decided to give this place a try. What a great place. We had a very special time. Love your food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentATLJRDined on 11/15/2013I have been twice, both times with a group, and the team is very nice and accommodating. The food is good. It is an easy place to sit and hang out in a chill environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was way to salty! QualitySteveDined on 11/9/2013Good was way to salty! Quality of their product needs improvingSpecial Features:
- YumchachaDined on 11/2/2013This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in months!!! I loved it the moment I walked in! the decor, especially the huge colorful flowers at the desk and throughout the restaurant. the inside bar area is Huge! The staff is kind and knowledgeable. The cocktails and apps were wonderful. main course delicious and a lot of bang for your buck. I usually don't eat dessert...The upside pineapple cake was like heaven in my mouth. My concern is too many people go to the yard house (yuk) and do not try this wonderful place. I will come again and again and again!!!!!!Special Features:
- Wine Sushi good pricingPmeowDined on 10/24/2013A very good value. Make sure you try the Mexican RollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mixDdspecDined on 10/19/2013They offered Haitian rice which was unexpected. The pulled pork tostones appetizer was amazing. Danny our server was quick and had great suggestions. You can also bring ur dog and sit outside and people watch. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting mexicanwineguyVIPDined on 10/8/2013we love Mexican food and we enjoyed the food here. taste and presentation were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was very lacking...Outdoorsie4friendsDined on 10/5/2013The experience was very lacking... Service was very poor, we were seated for about 15mins before being approached or acknowledged. Good was also not to par. I would not return nor recommendSpecial Features:
- The wait staff was professionalMissy13Dined on 10/5/2013The wait staff was professional and courteous and the food was enjoyable. The beat part of the meal for us were the appetizers. The calamari and chicken empanadas were delicious! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid - New and CleanFoodboofVIPDined on 10/5/2013Pros - Great location, Great bar scene, amazing design and architecture. Service was great - it's a franchise, so it is what it is, but overall very fun experience. The food was good to very good (Chicken tacos were amazing) but nothing mind blowing. Very good pricing. Hope they last and stay for a while......Will go back. Also - think the the desserts were very good. Would go back for chicken tacos and desserts and the bar......Special Features:
- Great Place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013Great location if you want to gamble or shop before or after dinner. Great food, with a variety of different choices to chose from.Special Features:
- latin experiencepandaDined on 9/27/2013This was my first tine diding at a latin restaurant. The food was ok but the dessert was amazingSpecial Features:
- great food, service could be betterfavodreamerDined on 9/14/2013Overall, the food was great but service could be better. We chose the Miami Spice dinner menu which will leave you completely full. If you don't eat much at dinner time as I do, you will probably be stuffed before you begin the main dish. The combination of flavors was excellent and the choices of the Spice menu were plenty with high latin variety. I think if service could be improved by serving the dishes of different people at the same time and being more quick when a request is made it will improve the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the best....lilmistakeDined on 9/14/2013food wasn't good. nothing spectacular about it. no need to re-visit. spoke to manager about it to ensure that it doesn't happen to another patron. I had a party of 15 and majority hated taste of food.
- didnt meet expectationsflaxxDined on 9/7/2013waited 15 mins for first person to come our table and it was the manager..everything took long. then the food came and it wasnt what we expected. they happily replaced it with something else which was ok. waiter took long for everything but to his credit he had a good attitude. overpriced for a cuban food place..no matter how you slice and dice it cuban food shouldnt be so expensive
- The three of us tried twoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2013The three of us tried two Miami Spice options and a tilapia dish. Absolutely everything tasted great. There was a nice mixture of flavors, good portions and Steve, our waiter who gave good service mixed with a little bit of fun banter. Place was largely empty, probably because of the time we went there so was very quiet. But, they have a large bar area with some high stools that looks like a great Friday night hang out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome ExperienceSandyDined on 8/17/2013The food was phenomenal!!!! And the service was excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2013I like this restaurant because it has some different things on their menu that you don't see everywhere else. Spanish and Caribbean menu. Try the Ron Zacapa Daiquiri too. We had a big group and service was slow but our server was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRosyDined on 8/10/2013Love this place ... The chefs guacamole was soo goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013I found this place on Miami Spice and the good reviews. It was a great find! The food was delicious! From the mushroom empanadas to the chicken to the Sweet Potato Donuts! They even serve you guacamole at the beginning. Our server was fun and attentive (but not breathing down your neck). I've never been to the Gulfstream Park area, but it's a nice place to enjoy with friends. Now I live all the way in South Miami, so this was a drive, but it was worth it! Will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time but not last!foodalogueDined on 7/21/2013Large attractive space with indoor, outdoor, and bar dining. Specialty cocktails, well-executed creative 'nuevo Latino' fare that is well-seasoned and layered with flavor. Small touches count, like salted and lime-flavored tostones that arrive at the table crispy and not greasy, creamy and spicy chimichurri sauce as an accompaniment to many dishes, delicious Cuban coffee served with a piece of sugar cane. Add plus is the location. The restaurant is surrounded by a racetrack, casino, lots of shops and outdoor entertainment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good. MenuRoxyDined on 7/19/2013Everything was good. Menu was interesting. I did find it a bit too noisy and could not hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the greatestRayasmomDined on 6/11/2013We went for Taco Tuesday, and that is pretty much all that we had so I cannot really comment on the rest of the menu. The tacos were so-so. Fish and Sweet Potatoes...it is probably not their best dishes.Special Features:
- Weak, weak nuevo latinoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/8/2013Simply terrible food. Inedible ropa vieja. Pathetic service. Food came out about 15 seconds after ordering - ?freshly made, or more likely sitting around, waiting for an order. Would not go near this place. As opposed to the speed of food delivery, water glasses were never refilled.
- Service was terrible. FoodhwouldVIPDined on 5/26/2013Service was terrible. Food was not bad but would not go back because of service.
- second time's a charmfoodistaDined on 5/12/2013I took my mother who was visiting from out-of-town and also a California foodie.She loved the ambiance , service and food so I brought two of my favorite locals there last Sunday for Mother's Day. They loved it too! I will keep going to PLK&RB and definitely keep recommending people try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that caresOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2013We were a small group of four, and the piped music was so loud we could not hear each other speak. We mentioned this to our server who immediately took care of the situation and lowered the volume. Truth is the restaurant itself tends to be noisy and I see no reason for background music at all. Anyway, the manager approached us later, and he was most amenable and cordial. With no need to, he sent over desserts on the house. This is how customer loyalty is built. Did I mention the food is very good? You have to try the guacamole appetizer. That's worth the trip alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I celebrated my birthday atParbatieDined on 4/27/2013I celebrated my birthday at the Restaurant. With a party of 13 it was a bit challenging fitting us around the table but it was done and we had an awesome time. The food is good and the drinks are low priced. The service was wonderful the moment we stepped in until we were seated. One of the servers did try to tell us that we could not all fit around the table, she refused to go the her manager, and would not provide an alternative. My husband got up went to the manager and it took seconds to accomodate us. I would go back again..Special Features:
- Very vibrant location. FoodfoodloverDined on 4/12/2013Very vibrant location. Food was excellent and the service very attentive. The outside terrace can be a bit noisy if there's an event in the opposite courtyard but the location is great. Overall impression is memorable.Special Features:
- There were fewer vegetarianMichaelDined on 4/9/2013There were fewer vegetarian options than I expected. I went with the sweet potato tacos, and although I like sweet potatoes, it was really just okay. Atmosphere is good. I would try it again, but try something else.
- Note for special features:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Note for special features: The boxes unchecked mean they didn't apply to me on the occasion that I was there, not that they don't apply in general. (no kids, don't know whether it's open late, etc.) Paladar is my new favorite neighborhood (by neighborhood, I mean everywhere) restaurant. I would drive as far as necessary to enjoy the delicious food and wonderful decor and energetic ambiance at Paladar; thankfully I am lucky enough to be able to walk there. There are fabulous happy hour bargains, the atmosphere is beyond pleasant and the sweet potato tacos are to die for. The staff is friendly and accommodating the menu is interesting and scrumptious. I am looking forward to the next time which will be soon. Thanks, Paladar!Special Features:
- Expensive cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/29/2013We were a group of 12 celebrating my wife bday. The foog was ok the service also, but I found unbelivable that they charge me the desert with a candle they brought to sing happy bday plus a 20 % tipSpecial Features:
- Mas !! Mas !! Mas !!locations!grayyakVIPDined on 3/24/2013a chain restaurant that owes SoFla expansion. in the Latin/Carribean demographic of SoFla this place should be on every other street corner.Special Features:
- We were a group of 7. ReceptionJacobDined on 3/23/2013We were a group of 7. Reception staff was excellent. We sampled many dishes and shared everything. Most were very good or excellent. All 7 of us gave thumbs up to the perfectly grilled churassco, the exotic feijoada and the flaky chicken emapnadas. But all 7 of us gave thumbs down to the traditional guacamole and the rum glazed pork. For a restaurant that has molcajetes in the decor, they should do it tableside. But that's a quible. The dish just tasted like mashed up avocados without any hint of the tradional flavorings of lime juice, cilantro and salt. The pork tasted like boiled meat with cinnamon. Our server was very pleasant and very efficient, but her menu knowledge was lacking. Overall we were happy and will surely go back.Special Features:
- Portabello churrasco was amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2013Portabello churrasco was amazing!!! So were sweet potato soft tacos, very impressive overall!Special Features:
- Very Good Fresh ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 3/15/2013Very large place with a lot of outdoor seating, many TV's. Could double as a sports bar. The food here is very good, super fresh and nicely presented. The margarita's were excellent. Highly recommended if you want good food, in a fun, energetic atmosphere... more of a young crowd.
- mmmmmm mmmmmm good eatin'HerbiejackVIPDined on 3/14/2013our third dinner here. each time has exceeded the last. food choices are varied and all are unique and delicious.Special Features: