Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
801 Silks Run, Ste 1580
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9544550700x
- Hours of Operation:
APRIL TO NOVEMBER
Thu - Sun: 11am to 4pm
DECEMBER TO MARCH
Wed- Sun: 11am to 4pm
Sun - Thu: 4pm to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 4pm to 11pm
Sun -Thu: Until 11pm
Fri - Sat: Until 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, South American
- Executive Chef: Orlando Arroyo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
*Received 3 stars from the Sun-Sentinel* Paladar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Hallandale ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (17)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- EsteDined on 9/13/2014We chose to do the Miami Spice choice and there was so much food we took two courses home! But it was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014To start I like the host. And I think the manager on staff. But the server not so great didn't really explain much about the menu. My food was spice . A little slow the guy. When I got the food it was like pulling teeth asking for stuff. I really just did have a great exprenice for $160 bill for 2 . I can't say I will go back to this place.
- food okaquarianlsDined on 9/3/2014All the menu you items sound great when you read them on the menu but when you get the dish none of it tastes home made latin. its a concoction of ingredients none of the dishes make it above average. I had 9 of us at dinner and all of us tried a different dish we all agreed the food was mediocre. My boss' steak was cold n dry. It was good to experience but never a repeat spot. The only good thing was service. Their service was fast n friendly.Special Features:
- Great As UsualJimmieDined on 8/17/2014The food here is always tasty here. This was my 3rd or 4th time eating at this restaurant.Special Features:
- SALTY FOOD/POOR MANAGEMENTF1OCAMPOVIPDined on 8/17/2014Salty food/poor management We had the Ropa Vieja for 4 people, and the food was so salty that the only way we were able to eat half of it was by eating a good amount of white rice.. When we let the waiter know about the salty food he looked at us in shock (No reaction). We told him to bring two-three more plates of rice to be able to eat the rest of the food. The manager brought the two plates of rice with no interest of finding out what the issue was with the food. To top it off, we were celebrating a birthday and they forgot to bring the cake.. We walked at that point.. I will never go back.. What a disappointment…
- Great experienceJimmyDined on 8/16/2014Couldn't ask for a better evening. Our waiter was very helpful and made suggestions. Food was awesome and the bread pudding had to be the best I've had in some year's. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone and we will be sure to return in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lnynDined on 8/14/2014Service was very good. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. Food was so-so, not that great.Special Features:
- GREAT place!!mskimmipDined on 8/9/2014A group of friends and I tried this place out during Miami Spice. What a GREAT find. The food was so delicious; from the appetizers to the desserts...WOW! There are plenty of options to choose from, but not overwhelming. The food was seasoned to perfection. I would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- CleanlinessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food and service were very good. My only petpeve was that there was still a bit of food and paper on the floor from the group that sat at our table previously that should have been cleaned up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant work in progress....RussCDined on 8/2/2014Went to Paladar's at 7:30 on a Saturday night. Beautiful room, great bar. We ate inside. Service was "okay" to "pretty good", but there were lapses of inattention. Finished/dirty dishes were left on the table a LONG time even while servers attended to other matters and we had extended periods in which the servers didn't check in at all. Not bad service by any stretch, but a little spotty or inconsistent. The flavor of the food was excellent. A bit pricey, but the restaurant is at a tourist destination so that's to be expected. Prices were okay for the quality and quantity of the food served. Only BAD comments would come from the tomatillo salsa verde. Great flavor, but served like water. Impossible to cling on chip assortment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New & LearningProspectorDined on 7/26/2014We couldn't wait to return after our first visit. The food was very good- it was the overall service and staff apathy that made our visit unpleasant. This location has seen a number of eateries come and go, if they don't wake up, they will be but a memory.Special Features:
- Great food and service!JsnABriggsDined on 7/19/2014Outstanding tacos and Lindsey is one of the best servers we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Handled my dinner party of 24 with ease and care! Good food & the best service coupled with the family atmosphere - thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecielosDined on 7/12/2014Overall this is a great place to get together with friends or with the family. The happy hour specials are great. Too bad the ceiling fans outside were not working. I had reserved a table for a large group outside and it was extremely hot. Since we were a large group, we were told that we couldn't be accommodated inside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014Great menu items with a variety of different foods. I was a bit disappointed in the abundance of the kale and sweet potato salad. There was minimal specks of sweet potato. I added chicken to the salad and there was only about 2 ounces of shredded chicken in there. The guacamole and chips were outstanding as was the strawberry sangria! The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- “EXCELLENCE IN DINING”FarbsDined on 7/4/2014From the moment you are greeted, you can expect a caring dining experience. The hostess asked questions and ensured you were seated where you requested, all with eye contact! Our server was knowledgeable and took the time to answer our questions. We were 3 adults and ordered a number of different appetizers and meals. The delivery and timing were perfect. During our meal the wait staff as well as the 'bus' staff maintained a clean and uncluttered table. The taste of the food was simply exceptional. Each dish had its own flavors and aromas you come to expect with great preparation. The different levels of spice was perfect per item. This was a first time for this eatery, it will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday DinnermrnmrsfoodieDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I took mom here for her birthday dinner. We had never been but reviews looked good, and they were right on! Best Latin fusion dinner we've had. Prices are excellent and affordable but still feel like a million bucks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expecteddotcomERDined on 6/21/2014food was amazing! do not pass on the mojo pork. would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD AND SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 6/20/2014ALOT OF BIG PORTIONS AND HOME COOKED MEALS , WONDERFUL STAFFSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaladarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Been to this restaurant 4 times now. Food is amazing every time. I've tried the Veracruz seafood stew, the sweet potato tacos and fish tacos, and my dad always gets either the lamb stew or Feijoada stew. We always start with shrimp or tilapia ceviche and ALWAYS end with sweet potato donuts (yummm)! Everything always tastes fresh and delicious. My only comment is the service. Our waitress on Father's Day was extra slow and absentminded. She kept forgetting to refill our waster glasses, brought the wrong condiments that we'd asked for, and barely even stopped by to check on us. I could understand, maybe, if the restaurant was packed, but she only had one other table. Otherwise, very happy with the food and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing...PicapauEBabuDined on 6/6/2014Went for my anniversary dinner and it was an amazing experience, service was great, food was delicious, overall my dining experience was delightful, I would recommend the restaurant to everybody I know...I'm certainly amazed with such a wonderful experience, thank you to Paladar staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 5/25/2014Stopped in for dinner and enjoyed the food and decided to try the brunch. The place was empty for brunch, the food was cold and looked like it was reheated prior to being served. Dinner was definitely much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouscbunnyDined on 5/23/2014The vibe was great our waiter (steve) was on point and always ready for us. The food was amazing. Overall it was an awesome dining experience. We have referred you to friends already and can't wait to go back ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews archive.
- Great spotMonty122Dined on 5/11/2014It's located in a great spot love the set up with outdoor and indoor drinks are good and food enjoyable! I had the best empanadas with portobello mushrooms definitely a hitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Cinco de Mayo!RotemDined on 5/5/2014I had a girls' nite out on Cinco de Mayo and we had a blast! This place has GREAT happy hour specials and combined with their cinco de mayo specials, we had a great nite out for a great price. I love this restaurant. I haven't had a bad dish yet.Special Features:
- Don't let the location fool you.JDNYCDined on 4/18/2014As General Manager of a family owned 300 seat restaurant in NYC's Little Italy, I wasn't expecting delicious food from a restaurant at the Gulfstream Racetrack. I was pleasantly surprised. The five of us sampled many of the happy hour snack dishes that go for $5 a piece, followed by main dishes, dessert and coffee. Everything was tasty and delicious with wonderful ingredients. Our server Joe was exceptional and Ian (a manager or captain) was a pleasure as well. I will definitely be taking people back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service despite large groupDeliciousSeasonsDined on 4/5/2014A group of 10 with a 1 yr. Old celebrated a birthday recently hrre. Everyone commented on the great Service provided by the one waitress assigned to us. Drinks were constantly refilled and we were checked upon without it feeling like a nuisance. Food was good and accommodations and substitutions were made for the table of picky eaters. Over all a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsSFveganDined on 3/28/2014Small and medium chain restaurants in clusters - think malls or plaza settings like this one at the Village at Gulfstream Park - typically serve average food, at best. That was definitely not the case here. With a menu that meets a variety of dietary preferences (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free selections are all clear marked) and outstanding service, Paladar definitely goes above and beyond.Special Features:
- DisappointingDineOutsideVIPDined on 3/8/2014While we love outdoor dining and Latin/Caribbean flavors, we wouldn't return to Paladar. We started out with the mussels appetizer. It happened to be very good and figured that if it was any indication, we were in for a great meal. My husband ordered the mixed grill and I had a jerk style chicken dish. His entree was definitely not worth the money for the portion size nor the very plain presentation. Mine was tasty, but that's about it. They have an interesting drink menu, but our two drinks each added to a final bill that would have been better spent elsewhere.
- SubPar Food Great Drinks!LuvMojitosDined on 3/1/2014BAD- The hosts set a 4 top with 1 food and 2 drink menus. She didn't wait for us to close our bill at the bar. She left the menus and pointed to our seats! The black beans were dried out from sitting under a heating lamp. The veggies in the coconut curry dish were overcooked to mush and dried. There was more rice than vegetables on the plates. The pork tacos burned a whole in our friend's mouth! She couldn't finish her food and left it! Lastly, I am still not sure why Haitian brown rice (didn't taste like Haitian rice) is on the menu at a Latin Cuisine spot? GOOD- the duck tacos were AMAZING! Very well seasoned and proportioned. We love rum and they have a pretty good selection here. The drinks is what gives this place a recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paladar - a Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014As always, Paladar did not disappoint! We always bring guests to Paladar, and everyone has always said they would love to return. Great food, great waiters, beautiful area. This is a great location, and with the parking garage, easy access.Special Features:
- Comida excellenteBerryDlishDined on 2/21/2014Every appetizer, entree, and drink tasted was absolutely superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Two of my girlfriends and I stopped by for lunch while shopping one afternoon. The food was so good we made reservations for a large group on Valentine's day. Everyone loved the food and atmosphere. This was our third trip to Paladar and once again, everything was wonderful. The waiter was friendly, helpful, and timely. The food was prepared perfectly, and we thought the prices very reasonable. My husband is a vegetarian, and there are few restaurants (other than Italian) where he can order without asking for special preparation of food. Paladar's menu is well marked for vegan and it made our experience even better.Special Features:
- Beautiful and deliciousKristianDined on 2/17/2014Went for a date night and sat outside by the beautiful fountain. Menu was extensive and food was superb. Not the cheapest prices, but worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommend itelegonzaDined on 2/14/2014We really liked it the guac was great and the scallops were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love this place...cuban/spanish.YummyVIPDined on 1/19/2014You can get just about any Cuban,spanish or south American dish here. We had te amazing quacamole with an unusal dipping basket of chips.--mostly fried vegies yet crispy like crackers And we ordered the coconut mussels.. Shared some Jamaican curried shrimp...killer More than enough food and served with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVal18Dined on 1/18/2014I love Latin food but unfortunately this just missed the mark. The black bean soup was too salty and the chicken salad (recommended by our waitress between two dishes) was just ok - needed more flavor. Churros were over fried. We all sort of enjoyed it and if friends wanted to, I would go back and give it a second try.Special Features:
- The meal started off greatFoodLoverVIPDined on 12/20/2013The meal started off great but it seemed as though our server paid no attention to our order and as a result, got a number of things wrong. A few of us had the fish tacos and the seasoning was not great for the combination. Some was overseasoned - maybe to mask that the fish was not the freshest. So all the leftover tacos yielded one and half orders all together! The chef needs to taste the tacos him or herself!
- amazing nightcanadaDined on 12/19/2013I went there for the first time. Food, service, quality, portions, we're all amazing. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a large barOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2013Bars have variable service, are loud, and the drinks are good. That was our experience in a nutshell. The fish racis are excellentSpecial Features: