Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
1905 Towne Centre Boulevard
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paladarlatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: (410) 897-1022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your guests will love discovering the flavors of Latin America at your off-site catered event. Consider Paladar your partner in organizing a successful event. Please contact us to discuss further or view our catering menu at www.paladarlatinkitchen.com.
A word from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (26)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (16)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (13)romantic (12)great for brunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great GuacamoleDinnerwithHubbyDined on 11/23/2014Went to Paladar on a Sunday night with friends. The waitress was very attentive and made excellent drink recommendations (the pomegranate ginger mojito was delish!). Had a coupon for a small guacamole (made fresh there). Got the spicy one which was just the right amount of spicy. So good, in fact, that I ordered a second one. Our friends both ordered a stew (don't remember the name of it) and said it was great. I had the shrimp taco special and it was excellent. My hubby had a mixed grill platter that looked good (and I note that he didn't leave much behind). No room for dessert though they had several offerings. I will DEFINITELY return to this restaurant (there are a ton of other things on the menu that need to be sampled)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodECpubDined on 11/16/2014The food is consistent and tasty. Wait staff very nice and manager very sweet (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backNormDined on 11/8/2014They changed the menu and lost us as customer, quality is down, prices are up, it is just not the same place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Always absolutely the best in service and food. Great for any kind of dining or partyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okCoffeePleaseDined on 10/29/2014Slightly above Applebee's with a Latin twist. Great rum selection but don't go for the food you'll be disappointed particularly if you've had great Latin food elsewhere. It's not exactly bad food but expectations were higher.Special Features:
- Still rockingadchotinVIPDined on 10/25/2014We're regulars at the Annapolis Paladar and glad of it. The guacamole, yucca fries and kale make great appetizers. The servers know their stuff and the kitchen staff are consistent in preparation. Regulars we will stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many food choices2CruuseDined on 10/25/2014Nice atmosphere! I had the short ribs - wasn't good at all. Missing the au jus and flavor. Wouldn't recommend until they get it right. Friend told me shrimp and grits was good! My drink was the best item I ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrbanGuyXXUrbanGuyXXDined on 10/24/2014I have eaten here several times as I live in the Towne Centre and love the great decor, outdoor dining area and service. However, on really busy nights the kitchen can seem a bit "over taxed" and the noise level can be a problem. Overall, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did they change chefs?nicknamefieldDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I probably come here TOO often. For our latest visit, we invited friends to join us to introduce them to Paladar: maybe we should have chosen somewhere else? Either they've changed chefs, or the chef was not paying attention. My supposedly spicy fejoida stew was bland as can be, and had, literally, one forkful of shredded pork in it! It looked like the ropa vieja was prepared differently than usual also. It was generally disappointing compared to previous visits.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDaniSPDined on 10/23/2014I didn't give it 4 stars because drinks were not worth the $7+ price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceAdrienneDined on 10/18/2014Our waitress served our table on Saturday, October 18 at 6:15 pm. We were a party of 5 and she was very gracious and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but Uninspired; "Meh" ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Visited Annapolis for a HS Band Competition. Found Paladar in the Annapolis Town Center. Interesting interior, but not reminiscent of a Latin décor except maybe the colors on one wall. Halfhearted service, tasty but predictable food, lunch for 3 was $45 - more than it was worth, really. I left full -- but not satisfied.
- for Latin (food) LoversRoguVIPDined on 10/16/2014New, high-energy entrant in Annapolis Towne Centre at Parole. Paladar is a chain with others in Hallandale Beach FL, Cleveland OH, Tysons VA, and the other three in Maryland (Annapolis, Gaithersburg, and Rockville). Their specialty drinks emphasize rum. They have happy hours early (4-7) and late (9-11) featuring what they call Latin Street Food (guacamole, tacos, cubano sandwich, etc.). Terrific, interesting main courses in the $20 range, such as CHIPOTLE HONEY GLAZED PORK CHOPS, PLANTAIN & PUMPKIN SEED CRUSTED TILAPIA, and MOJO MARINATED ATLANTIC SALMON. We enjoyed exploring the menu on our first visit. After a few more dinners of exploring, I expect to have 6-10 solid favorites that I can return to whenever we get a chance.Special Features:
- Super nice date night!ZinnaleaDined on 10/11/2014The grandparents took the kids so we could have a nice night out. I love the cocktails and the lamb stew. Great place for out on the town (for the early birds, anyway :).
- Avoid the corn tortillasRavenGirlDined on 10/4/2014Since we arrive early the restaurant was fairly quiet - a plus for us. We ordered chicken empanadas and I had a pom-ginger mojito, which did not disappoint. I was looking forward to the fish tacos, but ordered them with 100% corn tortillas. They should NOT offer these. They were served raw and stale, barely warmed. I ate just the insides (which were curiously bland) and left the tortillas on the plate. My husband ordered the mixed grill and really enjoyed it, but I find now I must give this restaurant a long break. Please don't offer corn tortillas if you don't know how to prepare them, they require more than a slight steaming. They get one extra star because my husband's food was good and the Mexican chocolate cake is still to die for.
- Regular outingTweetDined on 10/3/2014I would come back for the food but not to celebrate anything specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014The ambiance and service were great. The food was diverse and overall good but no one in my party had anything that blew us away. The guacamole and sweet potato tacos were pretty bland. I was also a little annoyed that they wouldn't accept my coupon for a complimentary guac from my phone - it had to be printed. I would give it another try but again, a little skeptical.Special Features:
- unique menu and drinksPumpkinDined on 9/20/2014we've been here for dinner several times. surprisingly good food considering rum is the main attraction. there are reliable standbys - brisket tacos are really tasty. try the feijoada stew at least once when you come here, mouth watering. this occasion I tried the short ribs, served over kale and grits with fried onions. really good. also tried a couple of the rums, liked the 7 year ron abuelo best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as usualGregDined on 9/13/2014We like to take friends and family who don't have convenient access to food like this to Paladar. I think everyone we've done that with so far has loved it. All food and drinks were fantastic. Our server was got confused a couple of times, and forgot about my drink until the entree showed up, but that's easily forgivable. We will continue to go to Paladar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun spotneil2eatVIPDined on 9/6/2014Young servers very busy talking to each other. sooooo slow service, food was pretty good. portions were just O.k. fun vibe so overall decentSpecial Features:
- Awesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I dined here a few weekends ago for the first time and we loved it! They have a rum list that you can pick from with 3 flights of different types of rum in each set...and the food was amazing! We will return!Special Features:
- The Bar OnlyEat2enjoyDined on 9/1/2014I would only recommend the bar during Happy Hour. Food in the dining room was not highly seasoned as I would have expected a Latin restaurant to be. Disappointing. We will return to drink and eat in the bar only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/26/2014Grab anyone of the taco dishes and especially the special for the daySpecial Features:
- AwesomeMrReagleDined on 8/23/2014Food was great. Drinks were great. Wish I lived closer and could dine here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaladarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great rum list. Food and Beverage manager is enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Great Latin food offerings that can't be found at typical restaurants. Server was very attentive without rushing us.Special Features:
- EnjoyableGroupfunDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Great for parties and also for dates. Great sweet potato donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtitoVIPDined on 8/22/2014have many good and bad experiences at paladar, hit or miss on food and service. it was good, my steak was overdone, even after I asked t to make it med rare.. so don't think they know what med rare is.Special Features:
- Great vegan/vegetarian choicesSharonVIPDined on 8/20/2014Being on a vegan diet, it is hard to find restaurants that cater to our diet but Paladar has lots of excellent choices. The grilled portobello mushroom entree is excellent as are the grilled sweet potato tacos. Sauteed kale is the best! And the service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much Vinegar!DMVNativeDined on 8/17/2014Overall, my experience with the restaurant was fine. The guacamole, chips and mango calamari were very tasty. However, I ordered the steak chopped salad, which came with a blue cheese vinaigrette dressing that had more vinegar than blue cheese. I have never had a vinaigrette dressing that actually tasted like vinegar! Needless to say, the manager offered me another dish and I chose the sweet potato pancakes that came out so quick that I asked the server if they were done. Unfortnately, they were flat and not very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I have had a few good meals at Paladar and a few surprisingly mediocre ones. They seem to cut corners on the quality of their salads in particular. Tacos and guacamole are great as is the rum selection. Good happy hour.Special Features:
- I loved the food and the serviceAdrienneDined on 8/15/2014We had a great waiter, a very attentive and polite young man. I introduced my mom to the Rum Glazed Cuban Pork and she can't get enough of it. I will return to Paladar again and again. I am thinking about having a birthday celebration there in October.Special Features:
- AngeDined on 8/15/2014I've been here numerous times, this was the best meal yet. Excellent dessert, entree and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and TastyPattiVIPDined on 8/12/2014Is in a very nice shopping complex. Decor very nice. Guacamole with shrimp was very good, my husband got the chicken tortilla soup and it was the best we ever had any where. We shared the key west crispy chicken wrap with key lime mustard sauce which was very tasty and the wrap was completely full of chicken. Also try their pineapple and lime colada for a nice start with the guacamole.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014When I think of a nice romantic dinner with my wife or just an enjoyable family dinner, Paladar is the first restaurant that comes to mind. I always enjoy the atmosphere and I always recommend it to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 868 reviews are from the Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar reviews archive.
- Great food and drinksswingsetabbyDined on 7/26/2014Love the food here! And the mojitos are excellent. The one thing I wish were different? The noise level. It's nearly impossible to have a conversation here without shouting.Special Features:
- Great PlaceTheSuperChefDined on 7/25/2014Great food and atmosphere Great for a first date. Make sure you try the MojitosSpecial Features:
- Dinner and a MovieGDadDined on 7/20/2014Came to Paladar after a movie in Annapolis. The restaurant is very large simply decorated. My wife and I were looking for something different in the way of food. The Latin style of cooking is new to us and we found it to be very good. My wife loves guacamole and Paladar's was freshly made and very tasty. I had the Cuban sandwich which was excellent. My wife had the fish tacos which were also very good. The service was great. Karlene took very good care of us. She was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- first time in AnnapolisbcquiltsDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful restaurant, good service, attentive staff. For a chain, they are doing everything right. Food was a little tasteless for me. Was hoping for more authentic Latin dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableCindyHVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food is good, but the service is starting to slip a bit. Granted, it was a Friday night and there was a concert outside at the Towne Centre. Despite a reservation, there was a walk-in party (same size as ours) seated before us and there were lots of open tables. Still an overall good experience, but the service definitely needs some attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funJMVenhausVIPDined on 7/11/2014We eat at Paladar regularly and are never disappointed. The short rib tiny tacos on this month's specials and the guacamole with feta are exceptional. Wash it down with a caiparinia or few and you've got a great night out with friends. Our server this time was obviously new, but he had an eager smile and a charming disposition which helped to keep the mood fun. Kris was showing him the ropes. If he turns out to be half as good as she is; he will be awesome!Special Features: