605 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palacecafe.com/
- Phone: 5045231661x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 'till
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Brandon Muetzal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer a live jazz brunch every Sunday from 10:30am-2:30pm featuring the Joe Simon Trio.
- Special Events: All Private Dining Reservations must be made through our Group Sales Department. Please contact Sales at 504-521-8310 for information.
- Cross Street: Chartres Street
- Public Transit: Easily accessible by the Saint Charles Streetcar & the Canal Street car.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: For parking we offer discounted parking at the Marriott next door, based on availability. If this lot if full, we recommend the following garages, but are unable to offer discounted rates: The Sheraton Hotel on Canal Street, the Wyndham Hotel on Royal Street, and Premium Parking Garage on Iberville Street.
A word from Palace Café
For two decades Palace Cafe has been serving award-winning, contemporary Creole cuisine in the historic Werlein Music building. Located downtown, at the entrance to the French Quarter, this Dickie Brennan restaurant is popular with visitors & locals alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole / Cajun / Southern
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Palace Café - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Palace Café reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)great for lunch (85)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (82)great for brunch (67)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (43)hot spot (39)scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (27)notable wine list (18)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- One of my favoritesRedBarchettaDined on 8/29/2014As a local, I always have Palace Cafe on my list of recommended restaurants. The food is excellent, and is a great example of our true New Orleans dishes. They always use the freshest local ingredients. My standard recommendation is the bbq shrimp appetizer, turtle soup, andouille crusted fish, and white chocolate bread pudding for desert. But you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Great foodgeauxsaintsDined on 8/24/2014I love Palace Cafe. The food is wonderful, the ambiance is wonderful and to top it off it's gluten-free friendly. When I asked about gluten-free options, I was given an extensive menu that provided many delicious options. Not only that but the server was wonderful and attentive to my special dietary needs. One complaint that I have from our dining experience was service was a tad bit slow. Our appetizers were served while we still had our entree menus on the table. We also had completely finished our appetizers and waited about 15 minutes before our entree orders were taken. Everyone enjoyed the dessert, particularly the white chocolate bread pudding and the table-side bananas foster. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!UnimpressedDined on 8/23/2014Andrew and Zachary were great! The food was delicious and we had a great girls' night dinner. The food and drinks made it to the table quickly, but we did not feel rushed at all. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinerMacirishDined on 8/23/2014Our first visit to NOLA and w enjoyed the Palace Cafe very much. The wait staff team was excellent as were the meals. You will not be disappointed !Special Features:
- Great NOLA Food SpotVS2015Dined on 8/23/2014Palace Cafe is located near all the main downtown NOLA attractions. Great food and good service.Special Features:
- Palace Cafe disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The waiters were polite, however, were not well informed about the menu. One wait person was a trainer and the other being trained. The table was set for two and there were three of us. Two of the entrees were as we would expect. Delicious.The third was very disappointing. The hamburger was nearly charred, bread and bacon burned while the fries were cold. We had to ask for the remoulade that was to come with this dish. The bill was electronically presented at the table with a 20% tip already added. We were told we could add or subtract as the waiter stood within view. We have been to Palace Cafe many times and this was not what we expected. Unfortunately we brought an out of town guest. It was not a good impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay.HeatherDare22Dined on 8/20/2014It's definitely not the same caliber as other Brennan's restaurants. The food felt like it was pre-packaged, but the price was right. The wine and spirits list was nothing to write home about by any means. But it was convenient for people around Canal who want a quick sit-down meal.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014There's only one word to describe the good food and service at this local gem, and that's AwesomeSpecial Features:
- Always great!KHanebuttVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love Palace a Cafe in NOLA! The food and especially the service is ALWAYS perfect. my favorite things to get are the crabmeat cheesecake, the oyster loaf and the ginger rosemary drink! Yummy! Always have to go to this fab place while in NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Brunch ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Food was quite good -- service ruined brunch. Disappointed by visit this Sunday -- poor service -- requests for silverware, water refills, bread/butter, the check were routinely ignored. Waitress and other staff simply walked by and would not stop. Made multiple requests to no avail.
- Eric's 50th Birthday_IISamandEveDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance from the second floor overlooking Canal Street is amazing, but the culinary distinction is truly a step above. The service from the wait-staff is wonderful and engaging, and the cocktails are sure to please. A great all-around venue, and a dining experience well-worth the time to checkout their atmosphere, cuisine and courteous and friendly service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!NOLAFoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food was amazing. Great service and nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Place is a PleasurebobgDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have dined at the Place several times. This was our first luncheon. It was just as expected, no surprises, excellent service, delicious meal. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Our two waiters were excellent! Great dining experience........good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jus OKlivingtodineDined on 8/6/2014We had been to Palace Cafe before and actually enjoyed the food better then; could have just been our fish choices that were not the best. Being from South Louisiana, and enjoying the luxury of sports fishing, we are very picky about our fish. The location was great for our Saenger night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I had not been at the Palace Cafe for a while, and was more impressed than ever. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- NewOrleansNYFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Open table lists Palace Cafe as serving lunch for coolinary week, but when we arrived we were abruptly told by the manager, Chris, they only participate in Coolinary for dinner. I proceeded to let him know Palace Cafe is listed as participating for lunch, and even more abruptly he told us, "Well! We'll have to call them and change that." The gumbo was old and had been overheated. The shrimp and oysters in it were very tough, and the flavor was near burnt. The three salads we ordered were fine.Special Features:
- Unimpressive ServiceCajunchic3Dined on 8/3/2014Our service was disappointing to say the least. Three in our party ordered soup and had to request spoons only to be given coffee spoons. Our wait staff was not the most attentive. Food was delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!OutoftownerDined on 8/2/2014Delish! I had the andouille crusted fish. I couldn't finish the meal :( (I tried!!!) and the whole table was fighting over who got to finish my dish! We started with the seafood cheesecake and almost slapped the busser when he tried to remove the small piece that was left! Sevice was great, however it did take a little long for our bottle of wine to be deliver but we didn't care! Definitely would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!CajunChefRyanDined on 8/2/2014Palace Cafe has always been one of our favorite restaurants in New Orleans. And they still hold the same quality of food and service every time we frequent the dining room.Special Features:
- Thank youPfectionDined on 8/1/2014My wife, son and I couldn't be any happier on the way the staff took care of us. The food was outstanding, but the service we spot on at all times. We would definitely come back.Special Features:
- mediocrehousecatDined on 7/27/2014While the building itself still packs the same punch when it was Werleins the food was a little out of tune! Passable fare but not really up to what I recall as a memorable"Brennans" brunch.
- Always A PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Love the Palace: don't get their enough. Great staff, excellent food, what more can I say?Special Features:
- Food was good but service......MomfoodieDined on 7/23/2014The food at Palace Cafe was good but our server Andrew B. service was poor. It was truthfully a weird experience. The drink waiter got our drink order wrong. Then Andrew came over and said "ready to order". He didn't give us the specials or recommend anything. I didn't know they had specials until I saw him saying them to a large party next to us. When our food arrived no one came to check on us. I saw the manager and Andrew standing around but no one came over to check on our meal. After we finished our meal and declined dessert, they gave us the check. No eye contact was made and we left. Just Weird! We are from out of town and we love trying new restaurants.
- DevineLaprofDined on 7/21/2014Dinner at the Palace Café was a wonderful experience. The setting is casually elegant. The attentive and friendly service begins as soon as you are led to your table, with a loaf of warm bread. The wine list is presented, the dishes explained, the water glasses never allowed to be empty. I started with a slice of crab cheesecake- srumptious- and then I had catfish for the first time ever. It was covered with pecans on a bed of squash and was totally delicious. My husband's choices were equally wonderful. This town is full of wonderful meals, but dinner at the Palace Café must be at the top if the list.Special Features:
- Great Food!SusanneVIPDined on 7/21/2014There is something for everyone at the Palace Café! The best dishes among the many delicious options were the Crabmeat Cheesecake, the Seafood Gumbo, and the Pasta St. Charles. Palace Café is on my list for every visit to New Orleans.Special Features:
- Must go!MargolDined on 7/20/2014I went for dinner with my sister and we had an amazing experience! To start...you MUST order the crabmeat cheesecake!!! It was simply amazing! We also got the boudin crusted fish wish was prepared excellently. We couldn't decide between the table side bananas foster or the bread pudding so we chose both! And they were both excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert and Drinks guy is the bestWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 7/20/2014Wonderful experience all around! We had great food, great drinks, many laughs! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried and trueLUVNOLADined on 7/18/2014One of my go to restaurants in the quarter. Quality food, not over priced, friendly atmosphere, not stuffy but a "fancy" restaurant. Good New Orleans cocktails. Never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealDeborahnvDined on 7/15/2014A very fun atmosphere. Delicious food (salads were disappointing) and bananas foster to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchgrannieannieDined on 7/14/2014We try to have lunch here every time we are in New Orleans (we are from CO) as the food and service is always great. This time we meet friends from LA and the Palace did not disappoint.Special Features:
- A MUST every time we are in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Living out of state, we seldom get to New Orleans; and every visit - without fail - we make the pilgrimage to the Palace Cafe for an amazing dining experience. The food is authentic, unique and delicious and the service we experience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST CLASS DINING AT LOW PRICESLUV2DINEDined on 7/13/2014WHEN I WENT TO NEW ORLEANS FOR ELKS NATIONAL CONVENTION WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY, I WAS ON HOT SEAT TO PICK A FINE DINING RESTAURANT AT REASONABLE PRICES. I HAD BEEN TO THE PALACE CAFE BEFORE AND HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE, SINCE IT WAS PAID BY THE COMPANY, I HAD NO CLUE HOW IT WAS PRICED. WELL I KNEW IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO EAT, AND TALKED EVERYONE INTO GOING. BEST MOVE WE MADE ALL WEEK LONG FOR DINING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Birthday!BirthdayDined on 7/13/2014My family visited New Orleans (from TX) to celebrate my father's 70th birthday. While my husband and I are frequent foodies in NOLA, this was my parents' first time in the Crescent City. I chose the Palace Cafe specifically for the New Orleans feel and flavor. We had Sunday Brunch to celebrate, and enjoyed the menu as well as the live trio ensemble present at the restaurant. The staff was very considerate and represented the staff and expectations very well. Thank you for making it a wonderful celebration!Special Features:
- great as usualcats4lyfeDined on 7/13/2014Always great food, staff very friendly. Ambiance friendly and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night in New OrleansWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful experience all the way around. Love the tableside Banana Foster!Special Features:
- Palace cafe--great NOLA experienceDownthebayouDined on 7/12/2014Great food. Great service. Wonderful atmosphere. Repeat customer and going back next time in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly serviceFoodiesDined on 7/11/2014The service was absolutely wonderful! They were very attentive and charismatic. The food however was quite a disappointment. The oysters were very commercial and not authentic. It was great for down home food but not chef style cuisine! Beautiful decor and atmosphere, your kids will love it. If your on a date, seek something else....Special Features:
- Always 5 starreunionlunchDined on 7/11/2014Meet with family for lunch at the Palace Cafe. It is always 5 star in every respect.Special Features:
- On the decline?BabetteDined on 7/9/2014Five of us dined at The Palace recently and although the food was decent, it wasn't up to past standards. One of the favorite dishes, the catfish pecan, was a real disappointment - an overly large piece of fish with poor seasoning. This used to be one of my go-to dishes. The crawfish cheesecake is still pretty good, but perhaps not as good as before. So, while I love the view of Canal St, the good music and the ambiance, I'm not sure whether I'd return.Special Features: