Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brownpalace.com/
- Phone: 3032973111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
The legendary restaurant is for the food and wine aficionado. Blending contemporary American cuisine with one of the best wine selections anywhere, the Palace Arms consistently rates among the finest restaurants in Denver. Signature items such as a caesar salad prepared table side, seared steak of Colorado bison, combined with many other creative contemporary or traditional dishes. The "New" Palace Arms provides a casual dress code where jackets are not required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (37)romantic (29)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Historic and very fineBlazorVIPDined on 9/17/2014Historic room in the historic Brown Palace Hotel. Great service, refined atmosphere, very good food. Quite romantic.Special Features:
- zekezekeVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was very good. The prices on the menu on the website needs to be updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bizarro ServiceTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I cannot select "Notable Wine List" because, although the wine list looks impressive on paper, my first Three, THREE, selections were unavailable...further disappointed they tried the old, "we have a different vintage/ year..." Service was quirky bordering on bizarre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumSaarinenDined on 9/9/2014Excellent on all fronts!!! Not sure I like being told how long this must be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palace ArmsEaterzDined on 9/4/2014What a wonderful experience this was. Have to rank it up there with my top Denver restaurants - Barolo, Fruition, Luca, Mizuna, Acorn,even Frasca. The dishes prepared table side are fun and delicious. Try the Caesar for two and Bananas Foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDenverDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014The service was very friendly though a little slow. We like a nice pause between courses so that we don't feel rushed or like we are being rushed out, but 30 minutes between each course was a little longer than what I would prefer, especially since we were hungry. The amuse was a very good crab bite that we enjoyed. We also had the crab cake appetizer and it was the best crab cake I've ever had. The entrees were not as good. My husband had the fish and it had good flavor but was over cooked. I had the duck and it was tasty but salty. We didn't order dessert but the little pasteries they brought, especially the macaroon, were quite good. We had a nice time and had a good meal but I would not go back for dinner. It was good but not great.Special Features:
- What a Treasure!kawoodwardDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I chose the Palace Arms for our 36th wedding anniversary dinner, hoping we would love it as much as we did on our 15th, which was also celebrated there. The ambience is old world and you are never hurried. The food remains wonderful, a perfect example of fine dining. The real treasure is the knowledgable and deft staff. We loved every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Very RomanticLove2eatDined on 8/9/2014Loved the atmosphere and the service provided. The place is just awesome to try out. We did find the food to be a pretty salty for our taste and the beet salad was 'unique'. Definitely ask about the menu before ordering.Special Features:
- MarkVIPDined on 8/2/2014A beautiful restaurant with amazing food. A rare gem where one can enjoy enjoy dressing appropriately for dinner and truly love the dining experience.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014No wonder this is considered Denver's finest restaurant; a truly fabulous experience. The food, the service, and the ambience were all perfect. Make sure you arrive early enough to enjoy a cocktail in the lobby before dinner.Special Features:
- Old SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2014It was like being transported back in time, to a dining experience from a long-gone era. Will visit again.
- Marvelous continuityRo72VIPDined on 6/20/2014We get to Denver about every ten years and celebrated our 50th Ann. this time. This is a regular stop for us but we found the service disjointed due to inter staff communication or lack thereof. One humorous incident. I decided on a Pinot noir to go with my pork loin and when asked "sweet or dry?" I answered,"medium". Our server giving instructions to the wine stewart said, "he'll have that 'low end' Pinot noir. I hadn't realized what price range I had ordered but he made it very clear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableLuvfinefoodVIPDined on 6/19/2014Caesar salad made table side was the best I have tasted. Duck breast was tender and delicious. It was served with a wine sauce and cream of corn. Spouse had a tender filet of bison. Chocolate soup finished off the evening. Also the chocolates & macaroons were an surprise touch. All complimented with a smooth Malbec wine. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BrownNativeDined on 6/13/2014GREAT service. We had a small private room in the Palace Arms, for a small family gathering. We really enjoyed the quiet area so we were able to be a little loud. Food was exceptional, really like the Rossini and the chocolate soup.Special Features:
- An Amazing Experience!JenlynnVIPDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated our son's graduation from college with dinner at the Palace Arms. It was the perfect setting and the perfect food and wine to mark the occasion. It could not have been better. We will always remember this wonderful experience. One of the best meals we have ever had. Outstanding in every way!Special Features:
- Magical experiencekatmacneilDined on 6/7/2014I had dinner last Saturday with a friend for a joint birthday celebration. The Palace Arms is a long time favorite but this visit was the best. The food was exquisite to look at and delicious. The service was flawless. Do not miss this place on your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!30bdayDined on 6/6/2014Went for out 1st Wedding Anniversary. Food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Service was outstanding. We had our reception at the Brown Palace because we love the setting of the hotel. The Palace Arms is not exception. We had a wonderful experience and will be making this a yearly tradition for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent but expensiveDiningoutmomDined on 5/30/2014Food and service amazing. Very expensive for a family of five, though. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but overpricedNewMexicanVIPDined on 5/29/2014This is a good restaurant, with wonderful ambience. But the food is hideously overpriced.
- WonderfulmahrtskymanDined on 5/27/2014Atmosphere, wine list, service, wait staff knowledge, food...all wonderful! Great for a nice business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in new Maître D'FoodluvrVIPDined on 5/24/2014Michael McMillan, the outstanding maître d' at the Palace Arms has unfortunately left the position. It has been filled by amuch less sophisticated and skilled person, which has substantially diminished the experience. Although she knows wine, she does not know how to give guests the special treatment to which they have been accustomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 604 reviews are from the Palace Arms at the Brown Palace reviews archive.
- TomPDined on 5/17/2014Perhaps the best meal either one of us has ever had dining out. Highly knowledgeable and experienced staff. Cannot recommend highly enough.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 5/16/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The service is exemplary and the food absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday Celebration!leenieDined on 5/10/2014We were celebrating my twin sisters 70th birthdays! The food was outstanding! The service was top notch! The ambience was perfect and we were able to visit comfortably! My sisters plus the rest of our group received white roses. We could have not had a more enjoyable evening! Thanks to everyone at the Palace Arms for making a special occasion even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic & classyCaesarsaladbananafosterDined on 5/6/2014Everything was fantastic, we had some minor issues that were swiftly corrected & got free dessert too. Can't beat that!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Well, they aren't giving it away, but the food was 5 star and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant as alwaysgenelamoDined on 4/26/2014This was our second time at Palace Arms and identical to our experience previously, the service was excellent, the food delectable, and the over all experience leaving us with the desire for larger stomachs.Special Features:
- Our Wedding NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The experience at the Palace Arms was one that we will never forget. It was the cherry on top for the most amazing day of our lives. We will definitely come back on our anniversary for many years to come.Special Features:
- Interesting upscale diningItsonmypawDined on 4/17/2014We went to the Palace Arms after looking around for a nice higher-end restaurant to try. Overall, the food was good and the wine was excellent. I had the tuna crudo appetizer while my husband tried the rabbit terrine. The tuna alone was fantastic, having been tossed with a little citrus. My only problem was the sauce on the gnocchi. It was far too lemony for my tastes. I tried a bit of the rabbit and found it flavorful. A word of warning to those who have never had terrine, the rabbit has a mousse or paste-like consistency. Main courses were maple-glazed duck breast (unbelievably good) and diver scallops. Both were great. Just be sure to be very hungry as the portions are large. As of now, the menu on the website is out of date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDenverFoodieDined on 4/15/2014When you are looking for the best food, wine and atmosphere, The Brown Palace is unmatched, and the Palace Arms is truly the pinnacle.Special Features:
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014What an incredible place! Incredible service! Incredible food! It's not a turn tables kind of restaurant and we loved that. We took our time, savored our time together, conversation, wine, dinner and dessert. Wonderful place to take that special someone! Don't plan on being in a rush and make sure you have the funds. You are paying for a well deserved experience! Enjoy! WE loved every second of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased about my choice !pickymeDined on 4/11/2014My husband's retirement after 41 years was a milestone that we had to make memorable, cocktails at the Tavern, more drinks with friends in the Atrium with the piano in the back ground then dining in the Palace Arms was a night he will not forget plus only going up to our room to end the evening instead of going home in traffic was indeed the special touch, thank you from front desk experience to walking out of the restaurant with a smile on our face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening outWallyBalooDined on 4/8/2014We had a very nice time, the service was excellent. The fish was perfect. don't think I have ever spent more for dinner for two, but it was an experience. The table side bananas Foster was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Easily on par with top tier restaurants almost anywhere in the Western US. Outstanding food, service, wine in a very unique and comfortable setting. We love it here and always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I've seen itHappygirlVIPDined on 3/29/2014The history in this restaurant is amazing but the food and service were not. Many more outstanding spots in downtown but every one should go once.
- PerfectionKGMSDined on 3/29/2014This is the third time we've celebrated our anniversary at Palace Arms. Every single aspect of our dinner was perfect. The waiter who had taken care of the two times before, remembered us and congratulated us on our anniversary (I'm sure we are in their computer system:)) I ordered the chestnut soup (Soup of the Moment). It was delicious! My husband was jealous of my dish. We both ordered the Rosini filet. Hands down, the best steak I've ever had. YUM!Special Features:
- Fabulous ambience, fantastic foodFoodfan1Dined on 3/18/2014The ultimate dining experience. Classic, elegant, iconic. Go for the tasting menu. Perfect spot for a romantic special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud roomNYCvisitorDined on 2/22/2014The food was well prepared and presented. The wine list was long with something for everyone. The room is undivided and got to be rather noisy making the ambiance less than romantic. The service was very attentive, almost omnipresent, again it did not lend itself to a romantic mood.Special Features:
- Anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Palace Arms. The food was exquisite, the staff was amazing and the entire experience was outstanding. Our waiter, Omar, was as helpful and kind as he was experienced at his craft. I would highly recommend this fantastic restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm happy we went there.JackieDined on 2/18/2014It was my hubby's bday. We were so impressed with the staff, and the food. The pianist at the lobby, John was really nice also. Will definitely go back and make this place our special day go to place for sure. We might just start a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.