Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brownpalace.com/
- Phone: 3032973111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
The legendary restaurant is for the food and wine aficionado. Blending contemporary American cuisine with one of the best wine selections anywhere, the Palace Arms consistently rates among the finest restaurants in Denver. Signature items such as a caesar salad prepared table side, seared steak of Colorado bison, combined with many other creative contemporary or traditional dishes. The "New" Palace Arms provides a casual dress code where jackets are not required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since April 2 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (38)romantic (35)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014No wonder this is considered Denver's finest restaurant; a truly fabulous experience. The food, the service, and the ambience were all perfect. Make sure you arrive early enough to enjoy a cocktail in the lobby before dinner.Special Features:
- Marvelous continuityRo72VIPDined on 6/20/2014We get to Denver about every ten years and celebrated our 50th Ann. this time. This is a regular stop for us but we found the service disjointed due to inter staff communication or lack thereof. One humorous incident. I decided on a Pinot noir to go with my pork loin and when asked "sweet or dry?" I answered,"medium". Our server giving instructions to the wine stewart said, "he'll have that 'low end' Pinot noir. I hadn't realized what price range I had ordered but he made it very clear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableLuvfinefoodVIPDined on 6/19/2014Caesar salad made table side was the best I have tasted. Duck breast was tender and delicious. It was served with a wine sauce and cream of corn. Spouse had a tender filet of bison. Chocolate soup finished off the evening. Also the chocolates & macaroons were an surprise touch. All complimented with a smooth Malbec wine. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BrownNativeDined on 6/13/2014GREAT service. We had a small private room in the Palace Arms, for a small family gathering. We really enjoyed the quiet area so we were able to be a little loud. Food was exceptional, really like the Rossini and the chocolate soup.Special Features:
- An Amazing Experience!JenlynnVIPDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated our son's graduation from college with dinner at the Palace Arms. It was the perfect setting and the perfect food and wine to mark the occasion. It could not have been better. We will always remember this wonderful experience. One of the best meals we have ever had. Outstanding in every way!Special Features:
- Magical experiencekatmacneilDined on 6/7/2014I had dinner last Saturday with a friend for a joint birthday celebration. The Palace Arms is a long time favorite but this visit was the best. The food was exquisite to look at and delicious. The service was flawless. Do not miss this place on your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!30bdayDined on 6/6/2014Went for out 1st Wedding Anniversary. Food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Service was outstanding. We had our reception at the Brown Palace because we love the setting of the hotel. The Palace Arms is not exception. We had a wonderful experience and will be making this a yearly tradition for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent but expensiveDiningoutmomDined on 5/30/2014Food and service amazing. Very expensive for a family of five, though. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but overpricedNewMexicanVIPDined on 5/29/2014This is a good restaurant, with wonderful ambience. But the food is hideously overpriced.
- WonderfulmahrtskymanDined on 5/27/2014Atmosphere, wine list, service, wait staff knowledge, food...all wonderful! Great for a nice business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in new Maître D'FoodluvrVIPDined on 5/24/2014Michael McMillan, the outstanding maître d' at the Palace Arms has unfortunately left the position. It has been filled by amuch less sophisticated and skilled person, which has substantially diminished the experience. Although she knows wine, she does not know how to give guests the special treatment to which they have been accustomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomPDined on 5/17/2014Perhaps the best meal either one of us has ever had dining out. Highly knowledgeable and experienced staff. Cannot recommend highly enough.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 5/16/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The service is exemplary and the food absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday Celebration!leenieDined on 5/10/2014We were celebrating my twin sisters 70th birthdays! The food was outstanding! The service was top notch! The ambience was perfect and we were able to visit comfortably! My sisters plus the rest of our group received white roses. We could have not had a more enjoyable evening! Thanks to everyone at the Palace Arms for making a special occasion even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic & classyCaesarsaladbananafosterDined on 5/6/2014Everything was fantastic, we had some minor issues that were swiftly corrected & got free dessert too. Can't beat that!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Well, they aren't giving it away, but the food was 5 star and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant as alwaysgenelamoDined on 4/26/2014This was our second time at Palace Arms and identical to our experience previously, the service was excellent, the food delectable, and the over all experience leaving us with the desire for larger stomachs.Special Features:
- Our Wedding NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The experience at the Palace Arms was one that we will never forget. It was the cherry on top for the most amazing day of our lives. We will definitely come back on our anniversary for many years to come.Special Features:
- Interesting upscale diningItsonmypawDined on 4/17/2014We went to the Palace Arms after looking around for a nice higher-end restaurant to try. Overall, the food was good and the wine was excellent. I had the tuna crudo appetizer while my husband tried the rabbit terrine. The tuna alone was fantastic, having been tossed with a little citrus. My only problem was the sauce on the gnocchi. It was far too lemony for my tastes. I tried a bit of the rabbit and found it flavorful. A word of warning to those who have never had terrine, the rabbit has a mousse or paste-like consistency. Main courses were maple-glazed duck breast (unbelievably good) and diver scallops. Both were great. Just be sure to be very hungry as the portions are large. As of now, the menu on the website is out of date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDenverFoodieDined on 4/15/2014When you are looking for the best food, wine and atmosphere, The Brown Palace is unmatched, and the Palace Arms is truly the pinnacle.Special Features:
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014What an incredible place! Incredible service! Incredible food! It's not a turn tables kind of restaurant and we loved that. We took our time, savored our time together, conversation, wine, dinner and dessert. Wonderful place to take that special someone! Don't plan on being in a rush and make sure you have the funds. You are paying for a well deserved experience! Enjoy! WE loved every second of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased about my choice !pickymeDined on 4/11/2014My husband's retirement after 41 years was a milestone that we had to make memorable, cocktails at the Tavern, more drinks with friends in the Atrium with the piano in the back ground then dining in the Palace Arms was a night he will not forget plus only going up to our room to end the evening instead of going home in traffic was indeed the special touch, thank you from front desk experience to walking out of the restaurant with a smile on our face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening outWallyBalooDined on 4/8/2014We had a very nice time, the service was excellent. The fish was perfect. don't think I have ever spent more for dinner for two, but it was an experience. The table side bananas Foster was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Easily on par with top tier restaurants almost anywhere in the Western US. Outstanding food, service, wine in a very unique and comfortable setting. We love it here and always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 591 reviews are from the Palace Arms at the Brown Palace reviews archive.
- Glad I've seen itHappygirlVIPDined on 3/29/2014The history in this restaurant is amazing but the food and service were not. Many more outstanding spots in downtown but every one should go once.
- PerfectionKGMSDined on 3/29/2014This is the third time we've celebrated our anniversary at Palace Arms. Every single aspect of our dinner was perfect. The waiter who had taken care of the two times before, remembered us and congratulated us on our anniversary (I'm sure we are in their computer system:)) I ordered the chestnut soup (Soup of the Moment). It was delicious! My husband was jealous of my dish. We both ordered the Rosini filet. Hands down, the best steak I've ever had. YUM!Special Features:
- Fabulous ambience, fantastic foodFoodfan1Dined on 3/18/2014The ultimate dining experience. Classic, elegant, iconic. Go for the tasting menu. Perfect spot for a romantic special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud roomNYCvisitorDined on 2/22/2014The food was well prepared and presented. The wine list was long with something for everyone. The room is undivided and got to be rather noisy making the ambiance less than romantic. The service was very attentive, almost omnipresent, again it did not lend itself to a romantic mood.Special Features:
- Anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Palace Arms. The food was exquisite, the staff was amazing and the entire experience was outstanding. Our waiter, Omar, was as helpful and kind as he was experienced at his craft. I would highly recommend this fantastic restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm happy we went there.JackieDined on 2/18/2014It was my hubby's bday. We were so impressed with the staff, and the food. The pianist at the lobby, John was really nice also. Will definitely go back and make this place our special day go to place for sure. We might just start a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!KyleVIPDined on 2/12/2014The service was impeccable, the food divine. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningBookieDined on 1/22/2014We celebrated a big birthday at the Palace Arms and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The staff accommodated our short schedule (we had theatre tickets) and never allowed us to feel rushed. The foie gras .... yummy. The Colorado wine, a cab franc, was a delight too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayMarkWDined on 1/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner celebrating her birthday. The staff provided a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palace ArmsFarmer8385Dined on 1/21/2014We enjoyed the wonderful food and great service on a recent trip to Denver for the Western Stock Show. We were seated immediately and an enjoyable evening was had. The butterscotch creme boulee was outstanding. Old world charm and very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014My wife and I went here for an early Valentine's dinner (our babysitter is moving before the real day). Our waiter, Lonnie, was the perfect example of being there when you wanted and letting you enjoy your evening the rest of the time. He was knowledgeable with his menu recommendations and was very personable. He is the kind of waiter that you hope to find at a place you love so you can request him every time you return. We ordered the 4 course dinner with wine pairings, so we got to chat with Michael the sommelier frequently throughout the evening. He took the time to understand our wine preferences. He not only paired the wines with each course but also based them perfectly with each of our preferences as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful Elegant DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014We always love dining at The Palace Arms. It's a wonderful restaurant with wonderful staff and wonderful food. The service is very attentive without being too much. I highly recommend The Palace Arms for al of your fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal and service. EverythinghiedVIPDined on 1/8/2014great meal and service. Everything about the evening was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing foodie experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014We did an 8 course chef's tasting menu. AMAZING! Our service was unparalled, the presentation flawless and our "host" as I will call him Omar made the entire experience flawless. From ushering us in and out of the table (literally moving it to let us in and out) to ordering and surprising us with 16 savory courses, wine desert entrees appetizer, I can not decide what was better, the food or the experience. Cant wait to brunch hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds its reputationPapaPeitDined on 1/3/2014Consistently rated at the top for many good reasons. Was one of the more memorable dining experiences that we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBillDined on 12/20/2013We have eaten at Palace Arms about eight times. Only once were we not satisfied. Typically, this is a great experience with wonderful food and great staff. Our recent visit was fantastic and worth every cent. I recommend this restaurant to anybody who wants to know what a five star restaurant is about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.