Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brownpalace.com/
- Phone: (303) 297-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
The legendary restaurant is for the food and wine aficionado. Blending contemporary American cuisine with one of the best wine selections anywhere, the Palace Arms consistently rates among the finest restaurants in Denver. Signature items such as a caesar salad prepared table side, seared steak of Colorado bison, combined with many other creative contemporary or traditional dishes. The "New" Palace Arms provides a casual dress code where jackets are not required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (40)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (21)good for groups (5)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- if onlyMooseVIPDined on 10/26/2013the food was as good as the atmosphere and the service. not that the food is bad. it's fine. but it is out-shined by the service: "refreshingly formal yet friendly and attentive" and atmosphere. the rabbit terrine was seriously underseasoned and flavorless. the foie gras appetizer was better but no wow here either. the lamb was nicely cooked and attractively accompanied on the plate (we asked to substitute potatoes for tibuli and were accommodated graciously) but the lamb simply needed more flavor. if you closed your eyes you would have difficulty identifying it as lamb. all that said, i'd go back in a heartbeat because of the service, ambiance, wine list and surprisingly reasonable prices given the high-end nature of this establishment.Special Features:
- Palace ArmsMmfoodDined on 10/25/2013Surprisingly modern food in a very old school setting. Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyPoohDined on 10/19/2013Everything we expected from fine dining in a historical room. The only thing we would have added is classy background music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than perfect, but still grand!MEBCAUXDined on 10/18/2013Whereas it was once impeccable in every respect, the Palace Arms is now somewhat less than perfect. Yet, because there is no comparable location in the region for a very special evening out, it still tops our list for very special occasions. The room remains an elegant Empire gem. The service remains refreshingly formal, yet friendly and attentive. The food remains excellent, though not quite as uniformly superb as in "the old days". The caesar salad for two, prepared with considerable flair and skill tableside, was as exceptional as we expected. My beautifully aged ribeye was exceptional. My wife's halibut was very good, but not quite as good as in "the old days".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would expect better serviceseviceVIPDined on 10/16/2013Dined this past week. The service was horrible. This place is fine dining but if took ten minutes for s someone to come to table. Not crowded at all. Too many other places to go in Denver before I would ho back. .Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencejw1123Dined on 10/12/2013The food is continental and was outstanding. The wine list superb and service amazing. Highly recommend for special occasion, small group of friends or spoiling yourselves. If in Denver again definitely would return!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in DenverFoodluvrVIPDined on 10/12/2013For that special occasion or romantic dinner, the Palace Arms is the best restaurant in the state! The food is exquisite, the atmosphere is warm and intimate, and the service is impeccable! Suggestion: have a drink in the lobby and enjoy listening to the beautiful piano player before going in to dinner. My husband and I are already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a very good mealLouiseDined on 10/12/2013This was a very good meal and a good atmosphere. Everything was timed very well, never had to wait for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a beautiful place,CaliforniaDined on 10/1/2013This is a beautiful place, and worth going to for the atmosphere -- if nothing else. The wine and the service were excellent, but some of the food items were below the standard that we've come to expect in good restaurants in California, where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Old WorldMartyDined on 9/21/2013There was absolutely nothing wrong with our meal, it just wasn't over the top in any way.Special Features:
- Pricey, but very good.veterandinerDined on 9/21/2013The outstanding service is the highlight of this restaurant, whice is in a nicely appointed, attractive room. One goes to a restaurant for the food, however. The menu is not large at the Palace Arms, but it has sufficient variety to satisfy nearly anyone. All of the dishes were well prepared, nicely presented and very tasty. I felt that there was a bit too much reliance on sauces, and in the case of the crab cake appetizer, the sauce dominated the crab. The pork tenderloin and bone-in ribeye were both delicious, and the Bananas Foster was terrific, but the brownie was disappointing, with a strange tasting (ginger, perhaps?) topping. The wine list is excellent. The coffee is not up to this otherwise very good restaurant's standards.Special Features:
- A Special SpotLarryADined on 9/21/2013My wife and I found ourselves in Denver on our 50th wedding anniversary and we wanted something special in the way of a dining experience. The Palace Arms at the Brown Palace was such a place. The atmosphere is plush, the service was impeccable and the food excellent. We chose the "Four course sampler", which consists of smaller, but still very adequate portions, all tasteful and visually appealing. The Palace Arms lived up to its reputation as "the most expensive restaurant in Denver", so one doesn't dine there every day, but to celebrate a special occasion it is an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2013If you're looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion, I would highly recommend The Palace Arms at The Brown Palace. The food was phenomenal. The wine list is the most extensive I've ever seen. The sommelier graciously helped us pair a wine with our dishes, since the list is in book form and they also have quite a few wines that are not on their list. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere reminds me of a time when people appreciated decadence and celebrating the finer things. I highly recommend the Bananas Foster, prepared table-side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRyanRDined on 9/11/2013Was a great dinning experience with my wife. When I made a reservation online thru opentable.com Iade a special request that if at all possible to get a nice private table for a special night out with my wife. The waiter came to our table and let me know he read my special instructions and thought it was sweet so he brought my wife a rose. Was not expecting that but thought it was such an awesome thing for the waiter to do. Would definitely plan on dining here again with my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013The ambiance was very nice. Not too crowded. The service is always impeccable. The food was good, but I have had better. My plate came to me a bit haphazard with my potatoes all over the plate, the asparagus under the meat-not too appealing. I much prefer Morton's Steakhouse steaks and meat. But for a once a year evening out it was pretty good. Can't say I would go back there unless it was a special occasion, or someone in my family or party wanted to go there.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2013The best dinning experience that I have had in Denver. What a surprise!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant, great serviceDougVIPDined on 8/23/2013We had an excellent meal. Although the menu is limited the food was terrific and the service was great. Huge wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinning at its best.SusanDined on 8/21/2013We both had the Four Course dinner, and I also had the wine pairing. Everything was excellent. I had the lamb and it was a real treat. My husband had the halibut, crisp on the outside and moist and perfectly cook on the inside. The wait staff was friendly and professional. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurantFloridafoodieDined on 8/20/2013I have been to this restaurant several times and have had a memorable experience EVERY TIME! The wait staff is superlative, the food quite outstanding and imaginative, in short there is simply no room for improvement. I will always visit this restaurant each time I am in Denver! The Palace Arms is truly one of a kind! THANKYOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013Great service and food. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and wanted to go somewhere special. The Palace Arms certainly made us feel special without being "stuffy."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PretentiousTovmeodVIPDined on 8/10/2013Very nice meal and excellent service. Restaurant trades on its long reputation, but was empty and lacking in ambience. Décor is stale and old. Prices are high for food that is very good, but not outstanding. I expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for Royalty at the Palace ArmsLindagrogDined on 8/10/2013What an exceptional meal at the Palace Arms. We did the four course tasting menu and we were not disappointed. Great good service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Celebration through fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2013When the time calls for loved ones to share a special dining experience, then I recommend Denver's finest restaurant, The Palace Arms. An ideal setting for romance and intimacy one enters a world of elegance and charm at The Brown Palace. While staring at stately antique decor and treasures from another world it seems in an environment created for royalty, a dining experience becomes forever memorable. If you are looking for a delicious gourmet adventure into an elegantly comfortable restaurant where the staff is polished and truly they are artists of the highest and brightest stars, then the place to dine is the Palace Arms at the Brown Palace Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Perfect meal at thegus2gusVIPDined on 7/31/2013Had a Perfect meal at the Palace Arms. Everything is as billed. I had the Bison Steak and my wife had Beef steak. We both had the Banana's Foster. Out of this world. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a KingTravelingJayhawkDined on 7/25/2013The Palace Arms is truly a classic. With unique decor and a superior staff , this is the type of restaurant that makes you feel right at home. The Menu, wine list , ambiance, service and full experience are some of the best I have ever experienced. I've spent the last 10 years traveling all over the world in the software industry and I do fine meals often weekly for entertaining. The Palace Arms blue my mind that such a fine restaurant was tucked in the lobby of the Brown Palace and to think I had stayed there so many times without even venturing in. Just an incredible experience all around . Their Afternoon tean in the lobby is also incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasion gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2013We spent the night in Denver at The Brown Palace. Dining at The Palace Arms was a special treat. Everything from the ambiance to the service to the food was top notch. The entire staff was friendly and attentive, yet professional. The long stem rose at the end of the meal added a very special touch to an already wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have to say, every timefasdfasdfgVIPDined on 7/24/2013I have to say, every time we visit the Palace Arms, it's amazing, but this one took the cake. Thanks to the wine sommelier, our server Mark (and those helping him) and to the chef! We had friends with us and they had never been to eat here before. They said they consider this one of their "go-to" restaurants now. Thanks for leaving a lasting impression for all of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2013Probably one of the best filets that I have ever had. The food is very, very good and presentation is exceptional. Service is world class. One of the best places to have a nice meal in Denver. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Best Dining Experience Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2013Celebrated 25th Wedding Anniversary here. Perfect food & service. Unbelieveable attention from the entire staff. So lovely. The four Course Tasting Menu was fabulous and had choices for vegetarian and meat lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, as AlwaysColoCaneVIPDined on 7/19/2013I could prattle on once again about the dishes, freshly prepared, sauces and such, but once again - wonderful evening had at the Palace Arms. Fare can be interpretive, but is still traditional. I would not call the dishes exotic, but always meticulously prepared and equally well served. Wait staff is extremely professional, and attentive, but not pretentious. Can't go wrong here...Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and Amazing FoodleboldingDined on 7/17/2013We enjoyed my birthday dinner in July 2013. Our waiters were truly remarkable and suggested items that were great. I was 4 months pregnant at the time and had a few concerns about a few menu items and they immediately put me at ease and suggested alternate choices. Everything we ate was wonderful. The table-side caesar salad and bananas foster were out of this world! We are so glad we ate here and had a wonderful experience it's a must if you are in Denver!Special Features:
- We decided on the 4 courseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2013We decided on the 4 course tasting menu and at first I felt like I was not going to be satisfied with the portions but after we were done I felt very comfortable. It was nice not feeling stuffed after a meal like that. The service was over the top just like everyone had said.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and atmospheresalt1Dined on 7/13/2013Unique experience. The 8 course tasting menu was wonderful and enjoyed every bit. I could not have chosen between the hailbot and buffalo so terrific to get both of these outstanding dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star 5 Diamond dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013I worked at a 5 Star 5 Diamond resort and never saw this level of service and quality of food. We were blown away with every detail the staff took care of. The food was amazing. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and I could not have picked a better place to celebrate. My wife was walking on clouds after we left. The entire staff made her feel so special that night. The food and the wine were top notch. I can't think of one single negative during the entire night. What an amazing establishment. I finally got it right after many years of marriage. We'll be back for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerAlex88Dined on 7/6/2013Absolutely amazing food and some of the best service I've had.Special Features:
- palace armsasherVIPDined on 7/6/2013First class. Superb food, superb service. Surroundings impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional night for anniversaryRomanticDined on 7/6/2013My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Palace Arms. Everyone was so friendly, kind, and very knowledgable. Basically, you get what you pay for...and this place was exceptional. One very memorable thing was the half-bottle of white, that my wife loves to state was masquerading as a red. It was one of the best wines we have EVER had, regardless of red or white.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect!kkbbDined on 7/5/2013We went there for our 20th anniversary. The service was impecable, it was quiet and romantic, the wine recommendation was perfect, and the food was amazing! We had the 4 course dinner - highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school service and classOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/29/2013Had our 5th year wedding anniversary and it was spectacular. I suspect that on any given night, half the diners are celebrating some occasion. Old school service that's hard to find anymore. White linen table cloths and tuxedo dressed waiters. Table side Caesar Salad and Bananas Foster. Perfect foie gras and service that approaches perfection. Not an inexpensive meal but the staff and the kitchen deliver it's value.Special Features:
- We were a little disappointedDiningDinksVIPDined on 6/28/2013We were a little disappointed with our experience at the Palace Arms. Although the atmosphere is incredible and the hotel is beautiful, for the money, we were underwhelmed. The service was outstanding at first, but once some other parties came in, we felt extremely neglected. I understand letting us enjoy our dinner, but we ended up being there for 3 1/2 hours and felt ignored and ready to go at that point.Special Features: