2105 Laurel Bush Rd #108
Bel Air, MD 21015Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pairingsbistro.com/
- Phone: 4105695006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Gastro Pub, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jon Kohler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pairings Catering is committed to consistently providing delicious food and quality service to our customers.
Our trained consultants can help you orchestrate all your events, whether large or small. Locating the perfect setting, picking flavor combinations, sample tastings, and pairing wines with menu selections. Pairings will create the perfect event for you.
Choose Pairings Catering services for:
Weddings – Business Functions – Reunions — Special Events Private Parties
Lunch Boxes – Desserts – Carry Out – Party Trays Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties up to 50 persons.
- Entertainment: 1
- Special Events: Wine and cooking classes held monthly...call 410.569.5006 for details.
A word from Pairings Bistro
Welcome to Pairings Bistro, where the pairing of food with complementary wines is at the heart of its existence. We have set out to create a unique atmosphere blending Belgian cuisine with a Chesapeake Bay flair using local, sustainable, and/or organic ingredients. The menu is paired with a global wine selection of old world styles and new world varietals, all in a contemporary yet quaint setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pairings Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bel Air ›
Pairings Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (73)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (44)great for brunch (25)good for groups (21)great for lunch (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Over priced for the quality of food and wine. They need to wash their utensils and cloth napkins better
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I love going to this restaurant for either lunch or dinner. The food is always delicious and wonderful presentation. The service always exceeds expectations. Since I am expecting I unfortunately could not enjoy any wine pairings, but once this baby is here my husband and I plan on coming back for our first date night to get the pairings! Every time I am able to sneak out to have lunch or dinner out, this is my preferred place!Special Features:
- missyDined on 8/16/2014Ask For Kate. She is aaziing. Attentive When NeeDed. Does Not Hover Or Rush You outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeAproDined on 8/15/2014I can't say one bad thing about this place. Food was amazing and service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual dinnerUndone1Dined on 8/15/2014We include Pairings Bistro in our regular "good" restaurant rotation for special occasions or a friday night out in town. This weekend, however, we treated our parents and in-laws to dinner for a birthday celebration and it was uncharacteristically a let down. The entree was exceedingly salty (which is not an option for older guests) to the point of being unpalatable. The other courses were fine and the desert was average. Although the menu is very exciting and creative, I wonder if the chef took the night off- something wasn't quite the same.Special Features:
- Dinner with close friends...JohnSDined on 8/14/2014Food and wine were excellent and well paired. Atmosphere and timing were very accommodating to leisurely conversation and common enjoyment with close friends. A nice shared experience....Special Features:
- Bel Air GemMareseatoatsDined on 8/6/2014This was our first time at Pairings and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the service was excellent. We enjoyed our salads and entrees. The desserts, not so much. We did not do the wine pairings, which is their specialty, but the wine we had was good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and informativeoutonthetownDined on 8/1/2014The wait staff was very thorough and informative in their pairings. We enjoyed it from appetizer through dessert. Can't wait to return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of classCaptScourgeDined on 7/31/2014We felt special, the food was delicious and the portions spot on. Their selection of wine complimented the course it was paired with admirably! Service was attentive but not overbearing, we felt no pressure to do anything but enjoy the evening!Special Features:
- Always delicious!HugeLaurrapinFanVIPDined on 7/30/2014I brought yet another newbie to Pairings Bistro this week and like every friend I've introduced to the restaurant in the past, she absolutely loved the food, the wine and the patio. The mahi mahi tacos were to die for!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant with good foodSkipjackDined on 7/30/2014I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times. It is a great find and have always had great food and wine/beer. Also excellent service.Special Features:
- MooseMooseDined on 7/26/2014Service was outstanding. Food is out of this world!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Food and wine pairings were great. I ordered the Harford Napolean, a great vegetarian option, and the gazpacho which was really delicious. Hubby liked his pork.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Overall a very good experience at Pairings. We made a reservation for 4 people, and the table that we were given was in a corner with not very much room. A larger space would have been prefered. Overall the food was good. The caesar salad was a large wedge of lettuce and not much else, so I would recommend changing this portion size to be smaller, otherwise, include more fixings for the salad. The service was excellent as always.
- Better the first time...MattDined on 7/22/2014It's been three years since our last visit to Pairings Bistro and I remember it being much better. The service and the ambience are still great, but the food is not what I recall. The gazpacho was more salsa than soup. The duck was very greasy; to the point that there was a golden puddle beneath it after a few minutes. The dessert was supposed to be sorbet, but half of it was clearly more like an italian ice. While being critical, there were some courses that were very good. The cream of crab was delicious, as were the beef medallions. The caprese salad was served in a unique way with a great flavor. I would say half of the food was really nice, while half was truly sub-par. 3 years ago we had 5 great courses. What changed?Special Features:
- Parings BistroEAK123Dined on 7/19/2014What a treasure tucked away in Bel Air. Menu is creative with some real treats. Staff is friendly and attentive. I would strongly recommend to anyone looking for great food, charming atmosphere and outstanding service. The wine list is awesome!Special Features:
- KiyaDined on 7/19/2014The tables are just to close together....you feel like you have to wisper the whole time. Wish they would have given a little more room between tables. Food and wine are wonderful...woth wispering!Special Features:
- Always exceptional food!HugeLaurrapinFanVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our meals were phenomenal as always, and it was a gorgeous evening so we sat on the patio for some fresh air. Lovely evening and always a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Always great food and wineforesthilljerryDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I love Pairings for the food and wine. I've always enjoyed the stellar service, food and wine. On this occasion we sat outside, which isn't the best atmosphere - overlooking the parking lot, but enjoyable non the less. The only thing that I didn't like was the volume of the music - too loud for conversation, even the waiter asked us to either scream our order to him or write it down, jokingly.Special Features:
- c'est magnifiquedutchDined on 7/5/2014another great effort by Jon and his crew! great summer menu and wines. a continued recommendation from us!Special Features:
- Best in harford county by farShaneWineNFoodDined on 7/5/2014Best restaurant in HC. The wines are all wonderful and very reasonably prices. The servers are friendly and knowledgable. The food is spectacular and the menu is constantly changing. This could easily be a winner in Harbor East. By far the best culinary option in HC. Ian is very knowledgable and will take good care of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new summer menuAlchemistRangerVIPDined on 7/2/2014Pairings is our favorite spot in Bel Air. The new summer menu is great with some old favorites and new dishes. The summer gazpacho soup was excellent and pairs well with a nice Pinot Gris. We prefer the quieter "old" side of the restaurant, so if you are looking for romance ask for it. The "barrel" room is nice, but the acoustic of the room makes it very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good servicepedwards17Dined on 7/1/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate. We'd been to Pairings before and have always been pleased with the experience. Our recent visit was typical of our visits to Pairings - the good was very good, the service was personable and efficient, and the suggested wine pairings with each of the courses were excellent. The restaurant lived up to its name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Summer Menu July 1st 2014LocalFan1VIPDined on 7/1/2014Tuesday night July 1st was the first night for the new Summer menu. Lots of favorites on it and some new items. The Garden Gazpacho was really a great blend of ingredients. New to the menu is the Harford Vegetable Napoleon and it was excellent. Fish Tacos are back on the menu with some modification to the old offering and were well liked by all who had them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try anythingwinewithfoodDined on 6/29/2014Seriously, you can close your eyes and pick anything off the menu, and it will be delicious. Best cream of crab soup I've ever had. Stop in the store and check out their interesting selection of beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really liked it!MrsLindyDined on 6/18/2014I enjoyed my dinner at Pairings. My red wine citrus sangria was delicious, and my best friend and I really appreciated the complementary champagne we were served in celebration of her birthday. The food was good, although it could have been better. Our crab flat bread was slightly overcooked, and the lamb, while tasty, would have benefitted from a tad more flavor in the spices used. My best friend loved her shrimp and grits, as well as her Malbec, and dessert was to die for - highly recommend the lemon creme brulee and the whipped peanut butter cheesecake!Special Features:
- Disappointmentlove2dineandwineDined on 6/15/2014TWe sat next to the bar area and kitchen. The seat is not comfortable. Selection of menu are limited. Wine is not bad. The chicken was awful. there's a bone in my chicken , bland . I told my husband that i can cook better, even he knows that i am not a cook. We go to different restaurants all the time and we are very disappointed of the place. Overpriced for the taste of food we had. I won't recommend the place...What a disappointing restaurant. We will not go back and are already searching for a new place to go. Too bad.
- Spice it upPaulVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our party of three ate at Pairings on a Saturday night in June. Our waiter was far too casual, occasionally bending at the waist and leaning on an empty chair as he spoke. He never even mentioned the 'restaurant week' menu so we'll never know what it was. The highlight of our meals were the appetizers: both the cream of crab soup and the beet salad were delicious. Our entrees were less successful. The crab cakes were extremely bland and were not made from lump (or they were over-mixed as it looked like special). The perfectly cooked sea bass was also in desperate need of seasoning and a better accompaniment than horribly bitter roasted radishes and turnips. This was our second visit to Pairings and, unfortunately, our last.
- Consistently great foodKatieVIPDined on 6/12/2014I eat at Pairings 2-3 times per month and the food is always outstanding. The beet salad is my favorite go-to for greens, and the mussels never fail. Great wine recommendations too!Special Features:
- Perfect Date Night restaurant!!!!eehoov88Dined on 6/7/2014This was our first night out alone in quite some time. With our busy schedules and chasing after a 3 year old we do not get a lot of time to ourselves. I was recommended Pairings Bistro by my boss and it was everything he told me it would be and more. We had amazing service, the food was impeccable, and the options for wine or beer pairing was great. It was such a great atmosphere and we were able to just spend time together and relax. We will definitely be back again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Restaurant WeekKatieVIPDined on 6/6/2014It was great to see that during Restaurant Week, Pairings offered an amazing prix fixe menu as well as their regular dinner menu so that we weren't locked into doing restaurant week. Our server Eric was top notch as always, making terrific food and wine recommendations throughout the meal. Our table was ready for us upon arrival and we were the last to leave the restaurant but we did not in any way feel rushed. Everyone is always so accommodating here.Special Features:
- Pork BellyjustacookDined on 6/5/2014Roasted Asparagus and Pecan Cream, in my opinion, this dish could use some work. Cream of Crab, nice presentation, good consistency and flavor on the soup.Beet Salad for me, Spinach Salad for her, everything was fresh,crisp,not overly dressed.Pork Belly,fantastic,corn bread mush was fabulous, coulda ate an entire bowl.She had Hanger Steak, cooked perfectly, presented nicely, nice dish, good meat. Lemon brulee for her dessert, whipped peanut butter cheesecake for me, overall not bad, no rosemary detected in the "infused" sugar, custard had a nice lemon flavor, not over powered. The cheesecake was ok, a bit dense, flavor was good.Special Features:
- Never Disappointing.tinkDined on 6/4/2014Pairings Bistro was a neighborhood gem (still is) and their great reputation with us locals is spreading out! The food is always fantastic, wine list is excellent, service is great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/3/2014Our service and food were excellent, as always. We love Pairings Bistro, it is our favorite restaurant in Harford County.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperpmrthirdVIPDined on 6/1/2014Was pleased to see they had a 3 course Sunday Supper including app, main course and dessert for $29. I decided to pair the 3 courses with wine for $43. Once again, this place never disappoints. Loved the cream of crab, one of the best ever! Also hanger steak and dessert both good as well. The staff is extremely pleasant, always checking in on any needs and willing to make substitutions (change wine pairing or offer double vegetable instead of starch). Food was prompt, well cooked and enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenDined on 5/31/2014Delicious birthday dinner for my husband. His first dining experience at Pairings. Wonderful wines and food. Just a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor spotKatieVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food, service, and ambiance at Pairings are always awesome. Eric is a terrific server -- don't let him leave ever!Special Features:
- BilkDined on 5/23/2014First time and will definitely return Usually price fix meals leave me a little hungry but the portions were more than ample and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The food and atmosphere were really nice. I went with a friend for brunch, and it was good. I am looking forward to go back with my fiancée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointed!!RJGOLDIEDined on 5/17/2014We had dined at here two times and raved about PB so much that friends of ours who lived an hour away wanted to give it a try. We enjoyed not being rushed which gave plenty of time to catch up. When our soup and entrees arrived, they were lukewarm. Ordered the black bass which had no taste at all. Husband ordered the chicken which he later indicated was bland. Placed an order for three sides of spinach, one of which arrived but not with dinner. I brought this to the attention of the waittress, and ten minutes later the second arrived and the third never did. Was embarrassed in front of our guests that we recommended PB. Not to mention, it was a very expensive dinner to have walked away so dissatisfied. Will not find me going back.