2105 Laurel Bush Rd #108
Bel Air, MD 21015Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pairingsbistro.com/
- Phone: 4105695006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Gastro Pub, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jon Kohler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pairings Catering is committed to consistently providing delicious food and quality service to our customers.
Our trained consultants can help you orchestrate all your events, whether large or small. Locating the perfect setting, picking flavor combinations, sample tastings, and pairing wines with menu selections. Pairings will create the perfect event for you.
Choose Pairings Catering services for:
Weddings – Business Functions – Reunions — Special Events Private Parties
Lunch Boxes – Desserts – Carry Out – Party Trays Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties up to 50 persons.
- Entertainment: 1
- Special Events: Wine and cooking classes held monthly...call 410.569.5006 for details.
A word from Pairings Bistro
Welcome to Pairings Bistro, where the pairing of food with complementary wines is at the heart of its existence. We have set out to create a unique atmosphere blending Belgian cuisine with a Chesapeake Bay flair using local, sustainable, and/or organic ingredients. The menu is paired with a global wine selection of old world styles and new world varietals, all in a contemporary yet quaint setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pairings Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bel Air ›
Pairings Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (64)notable wine list (64)special occasion (63)romantic (44)great for outdoor dining (37)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (18)hot spot (14)good for groups (13)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014We had a lovely time! The cream of crab soup was some of the best I've ever had and the rest of the food was amazing as well!Special Features:
- The brunch was exceptional in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Bel Air has a great little secret it's hiding here! Hidden at the end of a group of stores, one would not expect what is found here. Three of us met for brunch on Sunday, because we'd had dinner there once before during restaurant week, and were so impressed. This time, there were many open tables, and the room where we sat was quiet and lovely. The food and service were amazing, and we were all highly impressed once again!Special Features:
- Awesome brunchlpita10Dined on 10/19/2014We have been for dinner but never for brunch! Fantastic! Food was great and a great deal! Plus can't beat bottomless mimosas! we will def go back especially b/c the menu is constantly changing!Special Features:
- Great birthday!!Need1saymoreDined on 10/17/2014We couldn't ask for a better birthday for my wife!! Our server Kate was amazing she knew every wine that was paired with food and really took the time out with myself and my wife. The food was also amazing we both had the Cream of crab soup which was really a hit!! Everything was amazing I would definitely recommend this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleLoveToEatDined on 10/17/2014I love this place an plan to go there often. The wine pairings were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ist time dinning there was GreatFoodieDined on 10/15/2014The staff and service was very good. The food selection was great and very good as well.The staff was knowlegable about the menu.We will return for surSpecial Features:
- Addictive !tushyluvslucyDined on 10/14/2014A culinary overload experience. Everything came out perfect and the presentation was truly charming to the senses. More than enough even for the small portions. Kate is a server on top of her game. She knows how to make clients happy before you know you might not be. Will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time GuestMMCJDined on 10/10/2014I was really on the fence about going to this restaurant due to the reviews on Urbanspoon. I was pleasantly surprised. They don't 'rush you and are very knowledgeable. My husband had the lamb chops and was very happy with them. I ordered the rockfish which was a special, but the waiter came back and said the kitchen did not want to serve it because they did not like the quality of the fish. I appreciated that. I had the beef medallions and they were excellent. If we are in the area again, we would definitely go back. They have a lovely heated outdoor patio that looked very inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014My mom and I were there for a special occasion and they couldn't have been any nicer! They brought us a champagne toast! Our waiter was attentive and fun! And as always the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dateFoodie5Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful prefix menu And lovely wine pairings. Wear a sweater though, very chilly inside. Shrimp and grits was the best! The duck was very dry I do not recommend the duckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantFallstonDined on 10/2/2014There aren't a lot of options in the Bel Air area, but this is a very good restaurant. They accommodated a late reservation when my dining mate's airplane arrived an hour late and we got stuck in traffic. Good food, perfect place to have a glass of wine and appetizers on a nice day when you want to sit outside. The only negative was that it was very bright in the restaurant (full lights on at 9:30 at night).Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretSkipjackDined on 10/1/2014We continue to have a great dining experience at Pairing's Bistro. The food is excellent, great service and a wonderful selection of wines/beers.Special Features:
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We went here with another couple for dinner and found Pairings to be a different, fun and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Not your typical standard fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food and delicioius wineJerryVIPDined on 9/24/2014I had been to Pairings before and enjoyed it. This time We did the food and wine pairing. It is fantastic and a good price for excellent food and wonderful wine. Go today!Special Features:
- Not as good as usualNotgreatthistimeDined on 9/19/2014I love this place, but was disappointed this time. The fish tacos were terrible. Bad presentation, dry tortilla, and WAY too spicy. I had to trade dinners with my spouse. In contrast, his scallops were fine and they were served with a delicious corn salsa. The cheese list was disappointing and the waitress said it was because they were about to switch menus. Unfortunate, since the cheese and wine pairing is usually my favorite part. Skimpier portions than usual with the cheese and the bread served with it was stale. I will go back because my previous visits were a lot more positive. I am hoping this was a one time disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We had the pleasure of dining during live music night and the food and ambiance created a unique and memorable doing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and wonderfull FoodJoanDined on 9/10/2014Erin was our server and very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. We were there to celebrate a belated birthday lunch. We had the pre-fix lunch menu. Most places on the pre-fix you get little plates of food not this place. The food was wonderful and so yummy. We had the cream of crab, grilled cesar salad, tuna blt, lobster and shrimp flat bread, and for dessert we each had the grilled poundcake. Erin gave a complimentary glass of champagne with dessert. We will definitely be back. P.S. don't use mapquest to find this place call and ask for directions. We spoke to Nick and he led us right to the place.Special Features:
- Delicious!KKautsch15Dined on 9/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Pairings! The atmosphere makes you believe you've left Harford county, it's so unique for this area! Food was absolutely delicious and wine selection was huge! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "GEM" of a find!!!!!ReeReeDined on 9/5/2014Pairings is a very well kept secret! If you enjoy fine wine and dining then this is a must "do"!!!!! The atmosphere, food, service was spectacular! Our host was Ian and he was just awesome. Catered to our every need! The food was to die for. We did the 4 course pairing and needless to say, it quenched our every desire. Each course was delicious and every wine paired with it was delectable. I can't say enough about our experience, except that we will be coming back again and again. This place is great for a romantic evening with that significant other, or if you're a "foodie". It hits a lot of areas! We really enjoyed the experience! Thank you Pairings!Special Features:
- Amazing food, service & atmosphereBestbrownbearDined on 8/29/2014The food was fantastic as well as the service. It's hands down the best food in Harford county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Over priced for the quality of food and wine. They need to wash their utensils and cloth napkins better
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I love going to this restaurant for either lunch or dinner. The food is always delicious and wonderful presentation. The service always exceeds expectations. Since I am expecting I unfortunately could not enjoy any wine pairings, but once this baby is here my husband and I plan on coming back for our first date night to get the pairings! Every time I am able to sneak out to have lunch or dinner out, this is my preferred place!Special Features:
- missyDined on 8/16/2014Ask For Kate. She is aaziing. Attentive When NeeDed. Does Not Hover Or Rush You outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeAproDined on 8/15/2014I can't say one bad thing about this place. Food was amazing and service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual dinnerUndone1Dined on 8/15/2014We include Pairings Bistro in our regular "good" restaurant rotation for special occasions or a friday night out in town. This weekend, however, we treated our parents and in-laws to dinner for a birthday celebration and it was uncharacteristically a let down. The entree was exceedingly salty (which is not an option for older guests) to the point of being unpalatable. The other courses were fine and the desert was average. Although the menu is very exciting and creative, I wonder if the chef took the night off- something wasn't quite the same.Special Features:
- Dinner with close friends...JohnSDined on 8/14/2014Food and wine were excellent and well paired. Atmosphere and timing were very accommodating to leisurely conversation and common enjoyment with close friends. A nice shared experience....Special Features:
- Bel Air GemMareseatoatsDined on 8/6/2014This was our first time at Pairings and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the service was excellent. We enjoyed our salads and entrees. The desserts, not so much. We did not do the wine pairings, which is their specialty, but the wine we had was good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and informativeoutonthetownDined on 8/1/2014The wait staff was very thorough and informative in their pairings. We enjoyed it from appetizer through dessert. Can't wait to return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of classCaptScourgeDined on 7/31/2014We felt special, the food was delicious and the portions spot on. Their selection of wine complimented the course it was paired with admirably! Service was attentive but not overbearing, we felt no pressure to do anything but enjoy the evening!Special Features:
- Always delicious!HugeLaurrapinFanVIPDined on 7/30/2014I brought yet another newbie to Pairings Bistro this week and like every friend I've introduced to the restaurant in the past, she absolutely loved the food, the wine and the patio. The mahi mahi tacos were to die for!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant with good foodSkipjackDined on 7/30/2014I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times. It is a great find and have always had great food and wine/beer. Also excellent service.Special Features:
- MooseMooseDined on 7/26/2014Service was outstanding. Food is out of this world!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Food and wine pairings were great. I ordered the Harford Napolean, a great vegetarian option, and the gazpacho which was really delicious. Hubby liked his pork.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Overall a very good experience at Pairings. We made a reservation for 4 people, and the table that we were given was in a corner with not very much room. A larger space would have been prefered. Overall the food was good. The caesar salad was a large wedge of lettuce and not much else, so I would recommend changing this portion size to be smaller, otherwise, include more fixings for the salad. The service was excellent as always.
- Better the first time...MattDined on 7/22/2014It's been three years since our last visit to Pairings Bistro and I remember it being much better. The service and the ambience are still great, but the food is not what I recall. The gazpacho was more salsa than soup. The duck was very greasy; to the point that there was a golden puddle beneath it after a few minutes. The dessert was supposed to be sorbet, but half of it was clearly more like an italian ice. While being critical, there were some courses that were very good. The cream of crab was delicious, as were the beef medallions. The caprese salad was served in a unique way with a great flavor. I would say half of the food was really nice, while half was truly sub-par. 3 years ago we had 5 great courses. What changed?Special Features:
- Parings BistroEAK123Dined on 7/19/2014What a treasure tucked away in Bel Air. Menu is creative with some real treats. Staff is friendly and attentive. I would strongly recommend to anyone looking for great food, charming atmosphere and outstanding service. The wine list is awesome!Special Features:
- KiyaDined on 7/19/2014The tables are just to close together....you feel like you have to wisper the whole time. Wish they would have given a little more room between tables. Food and wine are wonderful...woth wispering!Special Features:
- Always exceptional food!HugeLaurrapinFanVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our meals were phenomenal as always, and it was a gorgeous evening so we sat on the patio for some fresh air. Lovely evening and always a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Always great food and wineforesthilljerryDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I love Pairings for the food and wine. I've always enjoyed the stellar service, food and wine. On this occasion we sat outside, which isn't the best atmosphere - overlooking the parking lot, but enjoyable non the less. The only thing that I didn't like was the volume of the music - too loud for conversation, even the waiter asked us to either scream our order to him or write it down, jokingly.Special Features:
- c'est magnifiquedutchDined on 7/5/2014another great effort by Jon and his crew! great summer menu and wines. a continued recommendation from us!Special Features: