2105 Laurel Bush Rd #108
Bel Air, MD 21015Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pairingsbistro.com/
- Phone: (410) 569-5006
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday Supper: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Gastro Pub, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jon Kohler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pairings Catering is committed to consistently providing delicious food and quality service to our customers.
Our trained consultants can help you orchestrate all your events, whether large or small. Locating the perfect setting, picking flavor combinations, sample tastings, and pairing wines with menu selections. Pairings will create the perfect event for you.
Choose Pairings Catering services for:
Weddings – Business Functions – Reunions — Special Events Private Parties
Lunch Boxes – Desserts – Carry Out – Party Trays Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for your interest in renting a space at Pairings! We pride ourselves with the our ability to accommodate parties on premise including but not limited to birthday parties, holiday parties, bridal showers, baby showers, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, luncheons, networking groups, and fundraisers.
For specific information, please check out our website.
- Special Events: For upcoming special events, please sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter on our website!
Wine & Food Pairing Classes
- Enjoy a 5 course meal, paired with different wines. All while learning about the reasoning of why each wine compliments the food.
A word from Pairings Bistro
Welcome to Pairings Bistro, where the pairing of food with complementary wines is at the heart of its existence. We have set out to create a unique atmosphere blending Belgian cuisine with a Chesapeake Bay flair using local, sustainable, and/or organic ingredients. The menu is paired with a global wine selection of old world styles and new world varietals, all in a contemporary yet quaint setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pairings Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bel Air ›
Pairings Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (73)fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (67)special occasion (65)romantic (51)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (15)good for groups (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Loved it! What afind outside of the city!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014The food was very good with larger than expected portions for both the food and the wine pairings. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!LoveToEatDined on 11/15/2014We had a really great time. We arrived early and they were still able to get us a table. The wine pairings were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food!JohnDined on 11/7/2014Pairings Bistro continues to deliver an innovative menu with excellent wine selections. Very comfortable feeling in the dining room, and the service is outstanding. A little pricey, but worth it on special occasions.Special Features:
- Great for that special momentbmb330Dined on 11/4/2014Went here for my one year anniversary. My wife and I both had a great evening. Very good food and service. A bit pricey, but well worth the cost.Special Features:
- Wonderful!CaptScourgeDined on 11/2/2014A quiet Sunday evening of fine dining with my Wife of 47years. Tasty and sufficient, paired with a great choice in wines for each course. A Keeper!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was very good however the service and attention to detail was not the same as we have experienced in the past. My mother ordered the wine pairing and informed the server she did not care for red wine and asked if she could have a wine similar to a pinot grigio in place of the red. Not once did he bring her a pinot grigio or a wine like a pinot grogio. Overall our service was not prompt and I felt like we were an inconvenience to the server himself. We have all been here before and have much better service, this was a disappointing evening.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerRaineyDined on 11/1/2014This was my first experience with Pairings and it will not be my last. Service was excellent. Our Waitperson was pleasant, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable of menu and wine pairings. There was perfect timing between courses. And the food......WOW. I really loved the pomegranite in my salad and the lamb chops were to die for....cooked to perfection. Although we were informed that there would be a 3oz pour with each course, I say it was a heavy 3oz (no complaint at all). Overall, an extremely pleasant dining experience. We will return and I will recommend a visit to all my friends. This place is a true gem for Harford County where most places are family-centric. This is top notch for adult foodies sans kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner!!EmmyDined on 10/28/2014Our dinner was superb!!! Our waiter Guy was wonderful!. Made our dining experience the best. Food and wine delicious. My new favorite place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We did the 4 course pairing with wine. My 1st & 2nd course were fine, my 3rd course was supposed to be braised duck with wild mushrooms and root veggies there were no mushrooms on my plate and the dish had no seasoning,Bland! The waiter brought my mushrooms in a bowl when I pointed out I had none, they had no salt or pepper in them either!4th I ordered brandied cherry icecream that was to be served with dark chocolate & almonds with blondies...I was served a plain bowl of vanilla icecream...I had to find my waiter and point out I did not get what I ordered, he brought me pumkin icecream with "blondies" and said they were out of my first choice. The icecream was fine (they didn't make that) blondies were inedible. No comps, bad experience.
- Date night at Pairing's Bistrogr8dishDined on 10/25/2014Definitely a great place to go for a special occasion. The food is amazing! The poached pear and brie salad was delicious. The crispy scallops were cooked to perfection, as were the beef medallions. The service was a bit slow, which was unusual, as we have had excellent service in the past here. Overall, one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit offajpazVIPDined on 10/22/2014We had been there before but tonight was off. Service was great but there was an event going on and felt their food was a priority. Cream of crab had a small chuck of crab to add on the side. Pear salad was ok. Lacked flavor. Crab pizza was greasy. Sliders were ok, fries were hit but soggy. Did buy a bottle of wine upon leaving, got s discount because we dined in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014As always the food and service was exceptional! We sat outside and they turned the heaters on for us. We were cozy even in the pouring rain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014We had a lovely time! The cream of crab soup was some of the best I've ever had and the rest of the food was amazing as well!Special Features:
- The brunch was exceptional in every wayhappycustomerDined on 10/19/2014Bel Air has a great little secret it's hiding here! Hidden at the end of a group of stores, one would not expect what is found here. Three of us met for brunch on Sunday, because we'd had dinner there once before during restaurant week, and were so impressed. This time, there were many open tables, and the room where we sat was quiet and lovely. The food and service were amazing, and we were all highly impressed once again!Special Features:
- Awesome brunchlpita10Dined on 10/19/2014We have been for dinner but never for brunch! Fantastic! Food was great and a great deal! Plus can't beat bottomless mimosas! we will def go back especially b/c the menu is constantly changing!Special Features:
- Great birthday!!Need1saymoreDined on 10/17/2014We couldn't ask for a better birthday for my wife!! Our server Kate was amazing she knew every wine that was paired with food and really took the time out with myself and my wife. The food was also amazing we both had the Cream of crab soup which was really a hit!! Everything was amazing I would definitely recommend this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleLoveToEatDined on 10/17/2014I love this place an plan to go there often. The wine pairings were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ist time dinning there was GreatFoodieDined on 10/15/2014The staff and service was very good. The food selection was great and very good as well.The staff was knowlegable about the menu.We will return for surSpecial Features:
- Addictive !tushyluvslucyDined on 10/14/2014A culinary overload experience. Everything came out perfect and the presentation was truly charming to the senses. More than enough even for the small portions. Kate is a server on top of her game. She knows how to make clients happy before you know you might not be. Will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time GuestMMCJDined on 10/10/2014I was really on the fence about going to this restaurant due to the reviews on Urbanspoon. I was pleasantly surprised. They don't 'rush you and are very knowledgeable. My husband had the lamb chops and was very happy with them. I ordered the rockfish which was a special, but the waiter came back and said the kitchen did not want to serve it because they did not like the quality of the fish. I appreciated that. I had the beef medallions and they were excellent. If we are in the area again, we would definitely go back. They have a lovely heated outdoor patio that looked very inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014My mom and I were there for a special occasion and they couldn't have been any nicer! They brought us a champagne toast! Our waiter was attentive and fun! And as always the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep going back!ChessManDined on 10/9/2014We keep going back because it is that good. We recommend Pairings highly!Special Features:
- Nice dateFoodie5Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful prefix menu And lovely wine pairings. Wear a sweater though, very chilly inside. Shrimp and grits was the best! The duck was very dry I do not recommend the duckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantFallstonDined on 10/2/2014There aren't a lot of options in the Bel Air area, but this is a very good restaurant. They accommodated a late reservation when my dining mate's airplane arrived an hour late and we got stuck in traffic. Good food, perfect place to have a glass of wine and appetizers on a nice day when you want to sit outside. The only negative was that it was very bright in the restaurant (full lights on at 9:30 at night).Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretSkipjackVIPDined on 10/1/2014We continue to have a great dining experience at Pairing's Bistro. The food is excellent, great service and a wonderful selection of wines/beers.Special Features:
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We went here with another couple for dinner and found Pairings to be a different, fun and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Not your typical standard fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food and delicioius wineJerryVIPDined on 9/24/2014I had been to Pairings before and enjoyed it. This time We did the food and wine pairing. It is fantastic and a good price for excellent food and wonderful wine. Go today!Special Features:
- Not as good as usualNotgreatthistimeDined on 9/19/2014I love this place, but was disappointed this time. The fish tacos were terrible. Bad presentation, dry tortilla, and WAY too spicy. I had to trade dinners with my spouse. In contrast, his scallops were fine and they were served with a delicious corn salsa. The cheese list was disappointing and the waitress said it was because they were about to switch menus. Unfortunate, since the cheese and wine pairing is usually my favorite part. Skimpier portions than usual with the cheese and the bread served with it was stale. I will go back because my previous visits were a lot more positive. I am hoping this was a one time disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We had the pleasure of dining during live music night and the food and ambiance created a unique and memorable doing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and wonderfull FoodJoanDined on 9/10/2014Erin was our server and very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. We were there to celebrate a belated birthday lunch. We had the pre-fix lunch menu. Most places on the pre-fix you get little plates of food not this place. The food was wonderful and so yummy. We had the cream of crab, grilled cesar salad, tuna blt, lobster and shrimp flat bread, and for dessert we each had the grilled poundcake. Erin gave a complimentary glass of champagne with dessert. We will definitely be back. P.S. don't use mapquest to find this place call and ask for directions. We spoke to Nick and he led us right to the place.Special Features:
- Delicious!KKautsch15Dined on 9/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Pairings! The atmosphere makes you believe you've left Harford county, it's so unique for this area! Food was absolutely delicious and wine selection was huge! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "GEM" of a find!!!!!ReeReeDined on 9/5/2014Pairings is a very well kept secret! If you enjoy fine wine and dining then this is a must "do"!!!!! The atmosphere, food, service was spectacular! Our host was Ian and he was just awesome. Catered to our every need! The food was to die for. We did the 4 course pairing and needless to say, it quenched our every desire. Each course was delicious and every wine paired with it was delectable. I can't say enough about our experience, except that we will be coming back again and again. This place is great for a romantic evening with that significant other, or if you're a "foodie". It hits a lot of areas! We really enjoyed the experience! Thank you Pairings!Special Features:
- Amazing food, service & atmosphereBestbrownbearDined on 8/29/2014The food was fantastic as well as the service. It's hands down the best food in Harford county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Over priced for the quality of food and wine. They need to wash their utensils and cloth napkins better
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I love going to this restaurant for either lunch or dinner. The food is always delicious and wonderful presentation. The service always exceeds expectations. Since I am expecting I unfortunately could not enjoy any wine pairings, but once this baby is here my husband and I plan on coming back for our first date night to get the pairings! Every time I am able to sneak out to have lunch or dinner out, this is my preferred place!Special Features:
- missyDined on 8/16/2014Ask For Kate. She is aaziing. Attentive When NeeDed. Does Not Hover Or Rush You outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeAproDined on 8/15/2014I can't say one bad thing about this place. Food was amazing and service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual dinnerUndone1Dined on 8/15/2014We include Pairings Bistro in our regular "good" restaurant rotation for special occasions or a friday night out in town. This weekend, however, we treated our parents and in-laws to dinner for a birthday celebration and it was uncharacteristically a let down. The entree was exceedingly salty (which is not an option for older guests) to the point of being unpalatable. The other courses were fine and the desert was average. Although the menu is very exciting and creative, I wonder if the chef took the night off- something wasn't quite the same.Special Features:
- Dinner with close friends...JohnSDined on 8/14/2014Food and wine were excellent and well paired. Atmosphere and timing were very accommodating to leisurely conversation and common enjoyment with close friends. A nice shared experience....Special Features:
- Bel Air GemMareseatoatsDined on 8/6/2014This was our first time at Pairings and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the service was excellent. We enjoyed our salads and entrees. The desserts, not so much. We did not do the wine pairings, which is their specialty, but the wine we had was good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.