416 S. Country Rd
Brookhaven, NY 11719Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paintersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6318038593
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Luis Marin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Painters' Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Painters' Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brookhaven ›
Painters' Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)special occasion (6)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- nymrn1970Dined on 10/10/2014Great experience, love the place. Great dining experience coupled with great musical entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is becoming blandRobert1995VIPDined on 10/1/2014Really need to start using some spices even some salt I had the shrimp scampi pizza vet blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Painter's awesome. Lot's of energy and the food is great. Try the Truffle Fries you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place!!Robert1995VIPDined on 9/20/2014This place was really good food came out a bit but tasted great anywaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentRCNYVIPDined on 9/9/2014Have been a regular here for over 5 years. Most often the food is good to very good. once in a while, like this week, it is just blah. Marinated Steak - great. Carbonara - great. Nachos are great. Why cant they make a good burger?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!DOMEYDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to Painters for quite a while and were saddened when we heard about the fire. After constantly looking we were so happy to hear it was up & running again. We had our Wedding rehearsal dinner there and have had many friends and family join us. The scenery is very interesting and the food is delicious. I would highly recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjsfoodieDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent, service and décor where excellent as usual. Of course the décor is artwork. As for the drink and food specials there were some excellent choice but this time we order from the standard menu each trying something new. Both meals were up to the usual standards of Painters'. I eat at the restaurant 90 percent of the time when going to the Gateway PlayhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I thought they were closed for a while and we were bummed. Was happy to find they were open and nothing had changed. Great for families or going out with friends. Service was attentive and food was as good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Restaurantlaxmom17Dined on 8/29/2014Very unique atmosphere, very good food. Many choices available for all different tastes...large meals, to salads and sandwiches to lite bites...something for everyone. Service was great even though the restaurant was very busy. It was hard to get to our table...I think they try to get a few too many tables in the one dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenupabloDined on 8/21/2014We have been here several times and always enjoy the food. The menu is so varied you can have pizza, burgers, wonderful pasta dishes, fish dishes, something for everyone. Particularly enjoy "build your own" feature where you pick the core dish and add what you like to it. It could use some acoustic work, it was a little noisy at 6 pm. Great beer selection. Always enjoy the sushi grade tuna appetizer.Special Features:
- mixed bagLLSwirllDined on 8/20/2014We had reservations and were seated promptly. We chose to eat outside which initially was an excellent choice but proved to be our undoing with the LIRR train less than 50 yards" away and the "noseeums" that bit up our ankles and hands. Our drinks were watered down by the time they came to our table. The Thai shrimp and the fried calamari apps were outstanding. The skirt steak (ordered medium rare) however was more "well" than I liked. I'm not one to send things back but in this case I had to. The plate was replaced almost immediately and the steak was as originally ordered. The buttermilk fried chicken was a delight. We will make a return to this place because there were several items on the menu that we are dying to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Painter's!gofishbfDined on 8/8/2014We never can go wrong there! Food is great, love the bar and hi top tables. Its always a choice when going out with the family or for a fun girls night out. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Great vibe here. Most of the food on the menu is good in particular the chocolate peanut butter pie for dessert. The salads leave a little to be desired for. I ordered the chicken Caesar salad and the chicken lacked seasoning and so did the dressing. Go for the pizza instead.Special Features:
- Nice easy going placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Good food, good atmo, nice place. The seafood dishes were incredible.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsTonyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Loved the food and atmosphere pre-fire, missed the place during "rebuilding", was concerned that the new management would change it. I have been here several times and I can say that my concerns were unwarranted. The food and ambience is as good or better than ever, the upgraded outdoor areas an extra treat. Painter's remains a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchdgbaderDined on 7/20/2014Interesting, eclectic menu. I had the huevos rancheros, and my wife had the orange pecan French toast; both dishes were excellent and nicely presented. A good glass of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc and robustly blended coffee rounded out a most enjoyable experience. Our waitress Molly was very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my salad?NomNomsVIPDined on 7/19/2014tried painter's for the first time. specials and menu looked great. we each ordered a salad to start and entrees. Told the waiter, Paul, we were trying to catch a movie and asked if he could fire our entrees as soon as our salads were coming out. after a half hour our entrees came, but we never got the salads. the server apologized and we watched him go ask the woman at the expo line wearing the anchor necklace. she started yelling at him and told him he couldn't fire an entree before the salads go out. I manage a restaurant out east and know how a kitchen works. She obviously screwed up and was blaming someone else. the entrees were great and so was Paul. A manager coming to explain would have been nice though. will try again though.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014So glad they are back. Really great menu with lots of choices. Large portions great for sharing. Melba duck special was as good as any French reataurant. Yummy dessets.Special Features:
- Really?SuzyDined on 7/4/2014The service was horrible, the food even worse. Haven't been to painters in ages, didn't remember it being as terrible as it was......
- great food, great fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Food was delicious as was the atmosphere! Balloon animals and magic tricks......what could be better? Burgers were phenomenal, grilled cheese and bacon AND apples on a pretzel croissant mmmmmmm yeah kinda ridiculous! Had such a great time on every level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.StraVIPDined on 7/3/2014Nice ambiance, very interesting and tasty food. The only relatively negative comment would be that it was noisy and you had to talk loudly to your companionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!!!JohnVIPDined on 6/26/2014What a gem, my favorite place. Spectacular food, the best ambassadors(staff) and a wonderful place for dinner for two or 15!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Painters' Restaurant reviews archive.
- Alaways a good timetable4twoDined on 6/21/2014My husband and dined here for an impromptu date night on Saturday. As usual the food and service were both excellent! Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Better for casual lunchWife8Dined on 6/19/2014Went for dinner with 4 friends after a Gateway Playhouse afternoon show. Restaurant is large room with a bar. We were the only diners at that time. Very casual setting. Food was very good but for the price, the atmosphere was lacking. When you spend $30.00 for dinner without drinks, appetizers or desserts, you expect more elegant surroundings. The place would be charming for lunch but not for dinner. The food was simply served but very fresh and tasty. Two of us had. Lobster tail over a salad and the other 2 had Chilean sea bass. We all enjoyed our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedseasprite23Dined on 5/30/2014Painters was one of our favorite meeting place we live out east and this was a great half way point. We were very upset after the fire and was thrilled when they reopened. I have to say food and service is not the same. The help was not fimilar with the menu. The noise was crazy loud . The worst was the service for sure. The price was over 200.00 before tip that only included 4 drinks no dessert and 2 apps one salad and three basic entrée. I will dine in the Hamptons it's more affordable . I hope they can change all the flaws, having it was truly a gem 2 yesrs ago. I would suggest a manager to pay attention to the details .Special Features:
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014Good food, good service, but so loud you literally have to scream across the table to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinner on a Saturday nightItal2dineDined on 5/24/2014Overall the food and service is always very good. The wait staff is very attentive friendly and accomadating. The menu has a wide variety of choices and the specials are always good. You can't go wrong with starters of nachos and wings. The main courses from burgers to fresh fish are great. We had 3different deserts and they were all excellent. My only comment is the noise level. The resturant would turn a very good to an excellent.Special Features:
- Painter's RestaurantLynnDined on 5/11/2014We have eaten at Painter's several times. This time we tried the ribs- fell off the bone-great and the sushi and thai stcks with peanut butter sauce. We always love their bread and garlic butter! It was great.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurant.......hungryguest1Dined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed both the food and activity. Love the pumpkin raviolis and the martinis. Great variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -interesting atmosphereFoodie4lifeDined on 5/3/2014I love painters and have always be a fan. So happy that the menu is similar to the old menus. I usual get the simple linguini (fabulous) and this time I got the dragon bowl which was amazing! The tuna appetizer is also great. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the secodn room, I like the main dining area the atmosphere is so much better, I kind of felt backed into a corner I'm this other room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeStormyDined on 4/26/2014Love the new Painters. our servicer was amazing the food although was slow that night was so worth the wait I cant even tell you. AMAZINGSpecial Features:
- Great local placeItal2dineDined on 4/26/2014Service and food where great. I had the ribs and the were excellent with the cornbread! The only criticism would be a little noisey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiance.Patticakes77Dined on 4/23/2014This was our first time at painters, a friendly hostess greeted us at the door, with a smile. Our server was friendly, and attentive but not intrusive. The bread they served was warm with a creamy garlic delicious butter. Appetizers were timed perfectly with the dinner and our waitress tempted us with homemade strawberry cheesecake, piping hot coffee was served to top everything off. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience. As we were leaving a band was setting up in the back, which I would loved to have stayed for. Two thumbs up to the owners for captivating a truly unique experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdJoaniegirlDined on 4/20/2014Everything was great but no matter how much we asked for more heat, it was freezing in there.Special Features:
- A visually stimulating ambianceollie14Dined on 4/17/2014Painters restaurant is a great setting for a night out, either as a couple or with a group of friends. The artwork is visually stimulating, and there is art in every room in the restaurant. It is a very cool atmosphere. Then there is the food, which was very good. The burgers all sound great, and indeed the Georgia O'Keefe burger is delicious. My husband & I really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatiewDined on 4/17/2014Service was outstanding! Fast and friendly!!! Food was served quickly and was very very tasty!!! Thanks also for histing the benefit!!! Nice to know rhere are charitable folks running local business' too!!! That is your winner!!! Definitely would return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food came out Burnt hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014The food came out Burnt had ordered a dish for $30 and it was serve burnt smelled burnt and then I asked them to fix it and it came back well done when I had asked for medium rare. Completely unhappy considering y first time there the food was great and this time it was horrible.
- its back!frequentdinerDined on 3/23/2014So glad to have Painter's reopen. Better than ever!Special Features:
- Good experienceRCNYVIPDined on 3/21/2014Have been to Painters a four times since they reopened. I am a fan of this place and glad to say the food is getting better and its obvious the staff is making a great effort. My only complaint is the deafening noise level when the place is full. A few well placed acoustic foam panels on the ceiling would go a long way to making it possible to hear across the table. How about it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightLindaDined on 3/21/2014Went with a bunch of friends. No wait for our table, drinks came quick, food was great! The pulled pork nachos are amazing! Love this place! My friend didn't care for the shrimp carbonara but everything else was wonderful. The band was good, got everyone moving. There was a moment when they had a few different musics playing at the same time, dj, band and it got confusing. Really though, no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.