416 S. Country Rd
Brookhaven, NY 11719Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paintersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6318038593
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Luis Marin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Painters' Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Painters' Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brookhaven ›
Painters' Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (13)great for lunch (13)special occasion (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)Show More
- Interesting MenupabloDined on 8/21/2014We have been here several times and always enjoy the food. The menu is so varied you can have pizza, burgers, wonderful pasta dishes, fish dishes, something for everyone. Particularly enjoy "build your own" feature where you pick the core dish and add what you like to it. It could use some acoustic work, it was a little noisy at 6 pm. Great beer selection. Always enjoy the sushi grade tuna appetizer.Special Features:
- mixed bagLLSwirllDined on 8/20/2014We had reservations and were seated promptly. We chose to eat outside which initially was an excellent choice but proved to be our undoing with the LIRR train less than 50 yards" away and the "noseeums" that bit up our ankles and hands. Our drinks were watered down by the time they came to our table. The Thai shrimp and the fried calamari apps were outstanding. The skirt steak (ordered medium rare) however was more "well" than I liked. I'm not one to send things back but in this case I had to. The plate was replaced almost immediately and the steak was as originally ordered. The buttermilk fried chicken was a delight. We will make a return to this place because there were several items on the menu that we are dying to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Painter's!gofishbfDined on 8/8/2014We never can go wrong there! Food is great, love the bar and hi top tables. Its always a choice when going out with the family or for a fun girls night out. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Great vibe here. Most of the food on the menu is good in particular the chocolate peanut butter pie for dessert. The salads leave a little to be desired for. I ordered the chicken Caesar salad and the chicken lacked seasoning and so did the dressing. Go for the pizza instead.Special Features:
- Nice easy going placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Good food, good atmo, nice place. The seafood dishes were incredible.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsTonyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Loved the food and atmosphere pre-fire, missed the place during "rebuilding", was concerned that the new management would change it. I have been here several times and I can say that my concerns were unwarranted. The food and ambience is as good or better than ever, the upgraded outdoor areas an extra treat. Painter's remains a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchdgbaderDined on 7/20/2014Interesting, eclectic menu. I had the huevos rancheros, and my wife had the orange pecan French toast; both dishes were excellent and nicely presented. A good glass of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc and robustly blended coffee rounded out a most enjoyable experience. Our waitress Molly was very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my salad?NomNomsVIPDined on 7/19/2014tried painter's for the first time. specials and menu looked great. we each ordered a salad to start and entrees. Told the waiter, Paul, we were trying to catch a movie and asked if he could fire our entrees as soon as our salads were coming out. after a half hour our entrees came, but we never got the salads. the server apologized and we watched him go ask the woman at the expo line wearing the anchor necklace. she started yelling at him and told him he couldn't fire an entree before the salads go out. I manage a restaurant out east and know how a kitchen works. She obviously screwed up and was blaming someone else. the entrees were great and so was Paul. A manager coming to explain would have been nice though. will try again though.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014So glad they are back. Really great menu with lots of choices. Large portions great for sharing. Melba duck special was as good as any French reataurant. Yummy dessets.Special Features:
- Really?SuzyDined on 7/4/2014The service was horrible, the food even worse. Haven't been to painters in ages, didn't remember it being as terrible as it was......
- great food, great fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Food was delicious as was the atmosphere! Balloon animals and magic tricks......what could be better? Burgers were phenomenal, grilled cheese and bacon AND apples on a pretzel croissant mmmmmmm yeah kinda ridiculous! Had such a great time on every level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.StraVIPDined on 7/3/2014Nice ambiance, very interesting and tasty food. The only relatively negative comment would be that it was noisy and you had to talk loudly to your companionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!!!JohnVIPDined on 6/26/2014What a gem, my favorite place. Spectacular food, the best ambassadors(staff) and a wonderful place for dinner for two or 15!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alaways a good timetable4twoDined on 6/21/2014My husband and dined here for an impromptu date night on Saturday. As usual the food and service were both excellent! Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Better for casual lunchWife8Dined on 6/19/2014Went for dinner with 4 friends after a Gateway Playhouse afternoon show. Restaurant is large room with a bar. We were the only diners at that time. Very casual setting. Food was very good but for the price, the atmosphere was lacking. When you spend $30.00 for dinner without drinks, appetizers or desserts, you expect more elegant surroundings. The place would be charming for lunch but not for dinner. The food was simply served but very fresh and tasty. Two of us had. Lobster tail over a salad and the other 2 had Chilean sea bass. We all enjoyed our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedseasprite23Dined on 5/30/2014Painters was one of our favorite meeting place we live out east and this was a great half way point. We were very upset after the fire and was thrilled when they reopened. I have to say food and service is not the same. The help was not fimilar with the menu. The noise was crazy loud . The worst was the service for sure. The price was over 200.00 before tip that only included 4 drinks no dessert and 2 apps one salad and three basic entrée. I will dine in the Hamptons it's more affordable . I hope they can change all the flaws, having it was truly a gem 2 yesrs ago. I would suggest a manager to pay attention to the details .Special Features:
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014Good food, good service, but so loud you literally have to scream across the table to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinner on a Saturday nightItal2dineDined on 5/24/2014Overall the food and service is always very good. The wait staff is very attentive friendly and accomadating. The menu has a wide variety of choices and the specials are always good. You can't go wrong with starters of nachos and wings. The main courses from burgers to fresh fish are great. We had 3different deserts and they were all excellent. My only comment is the noise level. The resturant would turn a very good to an excellent.Special Features:
- Painter's RestaurantLynnDined on 5/11/2014We have eaten at Painter's several times. This time we tried the ribs- fell off the bone-great and the sushi and thai stcks with peanut butter sauce. We always love their bread and garlic butter! It was great.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurant.......hungryguest1Dined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed both the food and activity. Love the pumpkin raviolis and the martinis. Great variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -interesting atmosphereFoodie4lifeDined on 5/3/2014I love painters and have always be a fan. So happy that the menu is similar to the old menus. I usual get the simple linguini (fabulous) and this time I got the dragon bowl which was amazing! The tuna appetizer is also great. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the secodn room, I like the main dining area the atmosphere is so much better, I kind of felt backed into a corner I'm this other room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Painters' Restaurant reviews archive.
- awesomeStormyDined on 4/26/2014Love the new Painters. our servicer was amazing the food although was slow that night was so worth the wait I cant even tell you. AMAZINGSpecial Features:
- Great local placeItal2dineDined on 4/26/2014Service and food where great. I had the ribs and the were excellent with the cornbread! The only criticism would be a little noisey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiance.Patticakes77Dined on 4/23/2014This was our first time at painters, a friendly hostess greeted us at the door, with a smile. Our server was friendly, and attentive but not intrusive. The bread they served was warm with a creamy garlic delicious butter. Appetizers were timed perfectly with the dinner and our waitress tempted us with homemade strawberry cheesecake, piping hot coffee was served to top everything off. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience. As we were leaving a band was setting up in the back, which I would loved to have stayed for. Two thumbs up to the owners for captivating a truly unique experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdJoaniegirlDined on 4/20/2014Everything was great but no matter how much we asked for more heat, it was freezing in there.Special Features:
- A visually stimulating ambianceollie14Dined on 4/17/2014Painters restaurant is a great setting for a night out, either as a couple or with a group of friends. The artwork is visually stimulating, and there is art in every room in the restaurant. It is a very cool atmosphere. Then there is the food, which was very good. The burgers all sound great, and indeed the Georgia O'Keefe burger is delicious. My husband & I really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatiewDined on 4/17/2014Service was outstanding! Fast and friendly!!! Food was served quickly and was very very tasty!!! Thanks also for histing the benefit!!! Nice to know rhere are charitable folks running local business' too!!! That is your winner!!! Definitely would return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food came out Burnt hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014The food came out Burnt had ordered a dish for $30 and it was serve burnt smelled burnt and then I asked them to fix it and it came back well done when I had asked for medium rare. Completely unhappy considering y first time there the food was great and this time it was horrible.
- its back!frequentdinerDined on 3/23/2014So glad to have Painter's reopen. Better than ever!Special Features:
- Good experienceRCNYVIPDined on 3/21/2014Have been to Painters a four times since they reopened. I am a fan of this place and glad to say the food is getting better and its obvious the staff is making a great effort. My only complaint is the deafening noise level when the place is full. A few well placed acoustic foam panels on the ceiling would go a long way to making it possible to hear across the table. How about it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightLindaDined on 3/21/2014Went with a bunch of friends. No wait for our table, drinks came quick, food was great! The pulled pork nachos are amazing! Love this place! My friend didn't care for the shrimp carbonara but everything else was wonderful. The band was good, got everyone moving. There was a moment when they had a few different musics playing at the same time, dj, band and it got confusing. Really though, no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is fantastic. SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014food is fantastic. Selection is great. Chilean Sea Bass is a MUST!!! Scallops are great too. Everything is prepared with care. It was a bit chilly in there both times that I went, so dress warm in the winter - Looking forward to a nice spring evening dinner. Burgers look very tasty. The bread is crusty and fresh. Service is good and they will take special orders like sauce on the side, or leave off the spice, etc. Staff is friendlySpecial Features:
- Fun place! Food is decent.AJayDined on 3/15/2014Fun place! Food is decent. Fun energetic atmosphere , good spot for a night out with friends. Mix crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014Great find! Food and service were both wonderful, but noise level in this Friday night was off the charts. We were only 4 people, but had difficulty hearing conversation across the table. Very lively bar scene. Would definitely return, but perhaps for lunch or on a less popular night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAR or RESTAURANT?jazzygalVIPDined on 3/14/2014This is the third time we have been back since this restaurant reopened. While dining there overhead lighting was blinking on and off for 1/2 of our meal , (very distracting) and then it went out all together and we sat there eating in the dark...No one ever came over to acknowledge this matter, or to try and find out what the problem was..!!!!. If you are going to pay over $100 for a meal and one drink ,then someone should be more attentive to these types of issues...Do you want to be a BAR, or have people enjoy a nice dining experience? The food is good enough but the service is lacking for cost...And truly the place does not lend it self to quiet dinner conversation. We will be back, but only to sit at the bar for a beer and burger!Special Features:
- great ambience; good foodJoanneDined on 3/4/2014Our group of eight was here for the first time sure a 60th birthday party. We absolutely loved the ambience and, given the open environment, the noise level was low. The service was wonderful and the food was served with generous portions, although not overly generous given the cost. Food reviews varied based on what was ordered. I enjoyed the calamari appetizer and ate all of the steak sandwich which was served promptly. We didn't feel rushed which was very nice. Also, the paper table covering with crayons was a nice touch since we played a few rounds of family Hangman inbetween courses. I'll be back but probably just with my significant other to enjoy the live music on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedfoodtasticDined on 3/1/2014Food is way overpriced. Service extremely slow. Our waitress was no where to be found most of the night. Food quality was poor. Will not be coming back to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Painters 2.0RCNYVIPDined on 3/1/2014This was our 4th meal since the place reopened. Glad to see the food improving. Service is betting better as the new staff gets acclimated. Note to management: PLEASE put acoustic foam panels on the ceilings in places. The noise level is horrific. When the place is packed, you have to scream across the table to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Widow Janece429Dined on 2/28/2014Old Fashioned is the best drink! The guacamole advertised as enough for 2-4 is nowhere near enough for 3. Scallops in a parsnip puree with a pepper aoili is a splendid dish. Can hardly wait to come again. The noise level was practically unbearable, but I understand it was a Friday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyRealoldNavyVIPDined on 2/21/2014Excellent food. Great variety of offerings both in size( small plates, salads, sandwiches,large plates) as well as cuisine choices ( american, italian, far east, hispanic). Roving magician and balloon artist for small kids. ar looked lively with DJ and live music on weekends. Something for everyone.Special Features: