878 S. 900 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84102Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pagoslc.com/
- Phone: (801) 532-0777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Richey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: This reservation is for our multi-course tasting menu for New Years Eve. The normal menus will not be available for this evening and a credit card will be required for reservations on this day.
A word from Pago
Pago features seasonal cuisine from local producers and 20 artisan wines by the glass, complemented by an intimate eco-chic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pago reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (62)notable wine list (43)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (35)great for brunch (23)hot spot (20)great for lunch (17)good for groups (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Another great meal at PagovermontgurlDined on 11/21/2014First table seated at 5 as we had a show to attend. Didn't have the wine we ordered, made a good substitute. Friendly wait staff. Ordered trotter cakes for the brussel sprouts but there was no indication it was lamb. Fortunately it was tasty. Felt like there was a desire to flip the table and have it available for the next round of diners but not too agregiously. They do not have an espresso machine which is too bad. Overall it is an inspired menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I took my thirteen year old niece to Pago for her first dress up dinner to a nice restaurant. The dishes wowed her and she exclaimed "every single particle of food is perfection". I couldn't agree more. She was beaming and our server was very attentive towards her experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchAmesVIPDined on 11/16/2014They have one of the best Brunch menus in SLC!! The Pago breakfast and the Huevos rancheros are my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and Exceeded ExpectationsWinecrackerDined on 11/15/2014Four of us all agreed this is our new favorite place. Great food and presentation, good wine list and our server actually new what he was serving. Am very critical of restaurants today and really found nothing to complain about. Well....the server could pause a bit before launching into his spiel so that we can put our conversation on pause first. This is minor; the food and service otherwise were fabulous and better than most restaurants in Salt Lake. Very good experience. Will definetely go back -- soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/13/2014If you are looking for a great neighborhood gem this is the place. It is small space, but the menu has unique culinary option of locally in season product paired with well prepared proteins. They also seem to carry many vegetarian and gluten free options. Don't plan on showing up without a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pago is delicious!VunkieDined on 11/10/2014Pago is a wonderful place to enjoy wonderful, creative foods. The Pago burger in particular is a must-have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Visit For Any FoodieMattMcClainDined on 11/9/2014I have brunch at Pago everytime I'm in salt lake for the weekend. Reasonably priced & exceptional quality, their diverse brunch menu is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palette!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayLisaDined on 11/9/2014Nice industrial look to interior. Service was great. Brunch menu just a little trickie if you don't know French cooking terminology. Ordered what I saw on menu and got a grilled cheese sandwich not mentioned in English. I guess general knowledge is that is a croquette - now I know!Special Features:
- Very nice dinnergerirnDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful dinner and time at Pago's. Everyone was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable, especially the sommelier and the waitress. The food was delicious! We shared the pork tenderloin, outstanding! It was a great eating experience. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful2183Dined on 11/6/2014It has been sometime since we visited Pago but it is still a great place to dine and enjoy interesting food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingmarycDined on 11/6/2014Our server made extra special care to ensure that one of our party who had a gluten allergy was well cared for. We had a birthday celebration that was very special indeed. Food was sublime and service impeccable.Special Features:
- Great Food, Good ServiceRodentDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant is a little pricey, but the cost is worth it. We have consistently received great food and the service has been excellent. The restaurant is a bit small, and hard to get a good table, but the food makes up for this.Special Features:
- pumpkin. eventMayraDined on 10/31/2014The food was great as always. My favorite was the pumpkin potato risotto. Pago never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Enjoyed our evening very much. The dinner was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerSteveDined on 10/28/2014stellar dishes, first to last--and spot-on service!
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014Recommendations were right on, food was great, service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a place!Jess2k1VIPDined on 10/26/2014It was very cozy contemporary surrounding. Great for romantic dinner, or just friendship dinner is fine. It is more suitable for smaller party even though they had 6 ppl of party when I was there. Food decoration was nice. Good wasn't bad at all. Overall, I would come again for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDustyDined on 10/24/2014Another absolutely amazing meal at Pago! Everything was fantastic, especially the service from our favorite waiter Dave!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentMoonbeamDined on 10/23/2014Every time we dine here we are glad that we did...from the sweetbread small plate to the shared trout and the chocolate panna cotta. It was an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Great discoveringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Pago remind me of the Zuni Café en Sfo, only better. The restaurant is small, but great. The food is original. The drinks are new and great. I am coming back tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet gemAllegrovVIPDined on 10/19/2014On this, our second, visit, Pago delivered amazing fall flavors and friendly service. Simply delicious! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Such a great findndj12Dined on 10/17/2014I wanted to try to find an organic restaurant, and Pago came up in the search. The menu is small, and changes with the seasons. It's a bit pricey but the food was absolutely amazing. A must try for any one who enjoys food, who wants to enjoy a meal with out a bunch of chemicals. This is the place, and I will be going back!Special Features:
- wendellVIPDined on 10/14/2014I enjoy Pago. The menu had changed--I wasn't too pleased with my pasta dish, but, oh well.
- A wonderful spotSLCdineguyDined on 10/11/2014I drove by this place a few times and decided to try it out for my anniversary, and what a great choice! Food is so fresh & organic, you can really taste it! Beautiful fall flavors and nicely prepared dishes. Service was top-notch friendly and knowledgable and we both left happy & very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat the fries...not goodwindhulaDined on 10/10/2014The burgers, the tuna melts and the fish was wonderful! The fries that came with every entree were very disappointing. No one finished them which is telling especially because my three little boys (ages 10, 7, and 4) ended up playing with them more than eating them. Other than that, the food was wonderful...one of the best burgers I have had and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Best Meal I Ever HadKDslcDined on 10/8/2014I have eaten out a lot, and I cook well. The cocktail, bread and the pork tenderloin entree served at Pago were exquisite, every sip, every bite. The tenderloin was plated on a raked bed of some sort of pesto, with dollops of risotto/wild mushrooms, tenderloin wrapped in bacon topped with lightly glazed baby carrots. I couldn't resist and got the olive oil cake as a later at home dessert and it was incredibly flavorful with some sort of candied orange rind strips. Everything was fresh, local, organic and delicious. A great treat. The servers were friendly, fast and attentive, with plenty of time to answer questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resolved: SLC has a food sceneBeenThereEtThatDined on 10/7/2014A terrific meal for two first-time visiting foodies; one from LA the other from NYC. We both thought Pago would be a welcome addition to either city, but it's good to know its there for our next rip to SLC. The fried green tomato app was inventively sauced and a tangy opener; the burger deserves the acclaim it's had; and the squid ink pasta with pork belly and shrimp had big flavors going off in all directions but kept it together for a light, but very satisfying main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We recently ate here on a trip to Salt Lake City. Being from Portland, we love to try new restaurants with a "farm to table" feel. We were not disappointed! My husband started with the best wedge salad he has ever had. I had the tomato-pepper soup which was delicious. Then we had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and gnocchi. Both were amazing. We ended with a plum and pear crisp that was small, but delicious. From start to finish it was an amazing meal! Also, we were in a hurry to catch our plane and they accommodated us perfectly! We can't wait to come back when we are back in town!Special Features:
- DisappointingKeeplookinDined on 10/3/2014We did a birthday dinner. Wine great, cheese plate great, sea bass literally raw, steak ok but way over priced. Service great, handled sea bass disaster well. Other staff kept going into the restroom together, strange i thought.Special Features:
- Solid dining choiceDJz0dVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was our second visit to Pago. The menu is creative and unique when compared to the majority of restaurants in Salt Lake City. It does lean toward the current trend of what I will describe as "health food" ingredients (e.g. a Caesar salad made with Kale) and many of the dishes had an "earthy" undertone, but it's well executed and not overpowering. The pork tenderloin and the burger are both exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delivers on foodDine4FunVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food every time we have eaten here. Service is consistently very good and ambiance is comfortable. Food is what it is all about with well prepared and tasty dishes - BBQ Beets are wonderful, Squid Ink Pasta and Pork Tenderloin are flavorsome. A quaint restaurant that delivers well above expectations consistently.Special Features:
- Pleasantly impressedSteakandDessertDined on 9/28/2014Small place, small menu, but covers all the basics (fish, chicken, beef). Food was excellent and just unique enough to be interesting, but not so unique it was off putting. Prices were reasonable and the food tasted amazing. The only thing about the experience that I would change is that they were still serving their Summer menu and it has just turned to fall. I live in the south where it's always hot, so I was really enjoying the actual change in weather to go along with the change in season in SLC and so a Fall menu would have been more to my liking. (This truly is a minor issue, it just sort of interrupted the day's running theme of Fall, food was still very good!!)Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent, the waitress very knowledgeable, friendly, provided excellent service. We received personal attention from the chef and were genuinely interested in us as patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and atmosphereNewBlackDakDined on 9/22/2014Everything that landed on our table was outstanding. The staff was terrific, and the atmosphere was perfect for a night out with my beloved. We normally try to never eat at the same place twice, but Pago made it into our small list of repeats. Try the BBQ beets, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice nieghborhood placeJLDCEOVIPDined on 9/20/2014Simply put, the apps are the bomb! The burger is another gem. The rest of the menu is VERY good but these two steal the show!Special Features:
- 75%BoneheadDined on 9/20/2014Of the four selections in our party, three were wonderful. One was less than expected - and it was perhaps the most simple meal to prepare. The presentation for all of the meals was lovely, the service was very good, and the food was presented in just the right amount of time. They just took a swing that missed with the Pork dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlover37Dined on 9/17/2014The food was great, with attention to detail and mostly sourced locally. Everything was very fresh and tasty. I had the Pago burger for lunch. A thick, juicy, cooked-to-order patty--just like you'd make at home--from grass-fed beef with a local gruyere cheese and a flavorful aioli on a fresh bakery bun. The fries were excellent, crispy and spiced just right with a sprinkling of fresh parmesan. My friend had the Pago tacos, which were made with smoked chicken that day, and she pronounced them delicious. Even better were the martinis made with local Beehive gin and expertly mixed. The desserts were unusual but delicious, especially the chocolate panna cotta. The server was friendly but a bit slow and could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service, Ok foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Overrated restaurant. Not "best" of anything as touted by Salt Lake Mag
- Wonderful local restaurantJemLondon71Dined on 9/12/2014It's a little way from the downtown hotels but worth the taxi ride as this is a really exceptional, buzzy little restaurant. Great atmosphere, lovely decor, and very knowledgable and helpful service without being intrusive. Most importantly it has a simple and imaginative menu of expertly cooked food. The only very minor reservation was that the chocolate mousse does not have enough cocoa....however American 'chocolate' is generally pretty low on cocoa so it could just be a European/American taste thing. Did not affect a lovely meal complimented with a beautiful New Zealand Chardonnay. Highly recommended if you are in the city.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazingSlcFoodieDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went here a few days ago and haven't been able to stop talking about it. The food was incredible. Everything was so fresh and delicious we can't wait to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.