878 S. 900 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84102Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pagoslc.com/
- Phone: 8015320777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Richey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: This reservation is for our multi-course tasting menu for New Years Eve. The normal menus will not be available for this evening and a credit card will be required for reservations on this day.
A word from Pago
Pago features seasonal cuisine from local producers and 20 artisan wines by the glass, complemented by an intimate eco-chic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Pago reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)neighborhood gem (82)special occasion (67)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (41)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (26)hot spot (21)great for lunch (16)good for groups (11)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great discoveringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Pago remind me of the Zuni Café en Sfo, only better. The restaurant is small, but great. The food is original. The drinks are new and great. I am coming back tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great findndj12Dined on 10/17/2014I wanted to try to find an organic restaurant, and Pago came up in the search. The menu is small, and changes with the seasons. It's a bit pricey but the food was absolutely amazing. A must try for any one who enjoys food, who wants to enjoy a meal with out a bunch of chemicals. This is the place, and I will be going back!Special Features:
- wendellVIPDined on 10/14/2014I enjoy Pago. The menu had changed--I wasn't too pleased with my pasta dish, but, oh well.
- A wonderful spotSLCdineguyDined on 10/11/2014I drove by this place a few times and decided to try it out for my anniversary, and what a great choice! Food is so fresh & organic, you can really taste it! Beautiful fall flavors and nicely prepared dishes. Service was top-notch friendly and knowledgable and we both left happy & very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat the fries...not goodwindhulaDined on 10/10/2014The burgers, the tuna melts and the fish was wonderful! The fries that came with every entree were very disappointing. No one finished them which is telling especially because my three little boys (ages 10, 7, and 4) ended up playing with them more than eating them. Other than that, the food was wonderful...one of the best burgers I have had and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Best Meal I Ever HadKDslcDined on 10/8/2014I have eaten out a lot, and I cook well. The cocktail, bread and the pork tenderloin entree served at Pago were exquisite, every sip, every bite. The tenderloin was plated on a raked bed of some sort of pesto, with dollops of risotto/wild mushrooms, tenderloin wrapped in bacon topped with lightly glazed baby carrots. I couldn't resist and got the olive oil cake as a later at home dessert and it was incredibly flavorful with some sort of candied orange rind strips. Everything was fresh, local, organic and delicious. A great treat. The servers were friendly, fast and attentive, with plenty of time to answer questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resolved: SLC has a food sceneBeenThereEtThatDined on 10/7/2014A terrific meal for two first-time visiting foodies; one from LA the other from NYC. We both thought Pago would be a welcome addition to either city, but it's good to know its there for our next rip to SLC. The fried green tomato app was inventively sauced and a tangy opener; the burger deserves the acclaim it's had; and the squid ink pasta with pork belly and shrimp had big flavors going off in all directions but kept it together for a light, but very satisfying main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We recently ate here on a trip to Salt Lake City. Being from Portland, we love to try new restaurants with a "farm to table" feel. We were not disappointed! My husband started with the best wedge salad he has ever had. I had the tomato-pepper soup which was delicious. Then we had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and gnocchi. Both were amazing. We ended with a plum and pear crisp that was small, but delicious. From start to finish it was an amazing meal! Also, we were in a hurry to catch our plane and they accommodated us perfectly! We can't wait to come back when we are back in town!Special Features:
- DisappointingKeeplookinDined on 10/3/2014We did a birthday dinner. Wine great, cheese plate great, sea bass literally raw, steak ok but way over priced. Service great, handled sea bass disaster well. Other staff kept going into the restroom together, strange i thought.Special Features:
- Solid dining choiceDJz0dVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was our second visit to Pago. The menu is creative and unique when compared to the majority of restaurants in Salt Lake City. It does lean toward the current trend of what I will describe as "health food" ingredients (e.g. a Caesar salad made with Kale) and many of the dishes had an "earthy" undertone, but it's well executed and not overpowering. The pork tenderloin and the burger are both exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delivers on foodDine4FunVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food every time we have eaten here. Service is consistently very good and ambiance is comfortable. Food is what it is all about with well prepared and tasty dishes - BBQ Beets are wonderful, Squid Ink Pasta and Pork Tenderloin are flavorsome. A quaint restaurant that delivers well above expectations consistently.Special Features:
- Pleasantly impressedSteakandDessertDined on 9/28/2014Small place, small menu, but covers all the basics (fish, chicken, beef). Food was excellent and just unique enough to be interesting, but not so unique it was off putting. Prices were reasonable and the food tasted amazing. The only thing about the experience that I would change is that they were still serving their Summer menu and it has just turned to fall. I live in the south where it's always hot, so I was really enjoying the actual change in weather to go along with the change in season in SLC and so a Fall menu would have been more to my liking. (This truly is a minor issue, it just sort of interrupted the day's running theme of Fall, food was still very good!!)Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent, the waitress very knowledgeable, friendly, provided excellent service. We received personal attention from the chef and were genuinely interested in us as patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and atmosphereNewBlackDakDined on 9/22/2014Everything that landed on our table was outstanding. The staff was terrific, and the atmosphere was perfect for a night out with my beloved. We normally try to never eat at the same place twice, but Pago made it into our small list of repeats. Try the BBQ beets, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice nieghborhood placeJLDCEOVIPDined on 9/20/2014Simply put, the apps are the bomb! The burger is another gem. The rest of the menu is VERY good but these two steal the show!Special Features:
- 75%BoneheadDined on 9/20/2014Of the four selections in our party, three were wonderful. One was less than expected - and it was perhaps the most simple meal to prepare. The presentation for all of the meals was lovely, the service was very good, and the food was presented in just the right amount of time. They just took a swing that missed with the Pork dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlover37Dined on 9/17/2014The food was great, with attention to detail and mostly sourced locally. Everything was very fresh and tasty. I had the Pago burger for lunch. A thick, juicy, cooked-to-order patty--just like you'd make at home--from grass-fed beef with a local gruyere cheese and a flavorful aioli on a fresh bakery bun. The fries were excellent, crispy and spiced just right with a sprinkling of fresh parmesan. My friend had the Pago tacos, which were made with smoked chicken that day, and she pronounced them delicious. Even better were the martinis made with local Beehive gin and expertly mixed. The desserts were unusual but delicious, especially the chocolate panna cotta. The server was friendly but a bit slow and could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service, Ok foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Overrated restaurant. Not "best" of anything as touted by Salt Lake Mag
- Wonderful local restaurantJemLondon71Dined on 9/12/2014It's a little way from the downtown hotels but worth the taxi ride as this is a really exceptional, buzzy little restaurant. Great atmosphere, lovely decor, and very knowledgable and helpful service without being intrusive. Most importantly it has a simple and imaginative menu of expertly cooked food. The only very minor reservation was that the chocolate mousse does not have enough cocoa....however American 'chocolate' is generally pretty low on cocoa so it could just be a European/American taste thing. Did not affect a lovely meal complimented with a beautiful New Zealand Chardonnay. Highly recommended if you are in the city.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazingSlcFoodieDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went here a few days ago and haven't been able to stop talking about it. The food was incredible. Everything was so fresh and delicious we can't wait to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something elseRubyDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I are from Dallas. There is a lot of great food in Texas. However, our experience at Pago was truly superb. The special of the evening was like nothing we've ever had. My husband doesn't even like eggplant but if we'd eaten nothing else it would have been perfect. Dusted with nasturtium leaves the appetizer was beautifully presented. The eggplant was slightly grilled along the edges and tasted caramelized. The fresh tomato puree was an exquisite blend of acidity and sweet fruit mellowed with shallots and garlic. All of the ingredients were at their peak of perfection. I could eat it everyday for a week and never get bored.Special Features:
- Great SpotmikeVIPDined on 9/11/2014Innovative dishes prepared and served with great flare. Service was casual but prompt and attentive. Just an outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet PleaseUnknownDined on 8/31/2014If you want a nice small quiet getaway restaurant. Pago is the perfect place. Good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing GroundLunching4avesDined on 8/30/2014We have been with Pago since the beginning and love having them in the neighborhood. Dinner Saturday was good, but not up to their usual standards. The taste was ok, but the presentation was unappealing. I likened it to a young artist not knowing what colors to choose so uses them all. The beet salad looked like everything had exploded. The pork had so much going on that the pork was no longer the center of attention. It was quite nearly offensive. I have always liked Pago for the creativity, but restraint in using everything in the kitchen for one dish. I wonder what has happened. But the service was impeccable as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014It was very good. Service was excellent. Mimosas were perfect.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at PagoGrantVIPDined on 8/23/2014We eat here pretty often and as usual, the menu had plenty of offerings to make us hungry. We ordered the Squid Ink Pasta for two, and then the explosion of flavors hit us with that first bite. Absolutely fantastic dish. Congratulations to the Sous Chef who was the creator!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion dinnerJAparkcityVIPDined on 8/22/2014Took my husband out for his birthday. Eclectic menu with fresh local ingredients and beautiful flavor profile. Our waiter Walker was exceptionally professional and proficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missmurraymanDined on 8/22/2014Been here once before and it was fabulous, romantic, and altogether memorable. The problem with my second visit had to do with the size of the restaurant. It was raining so the patio was closed. When the patio closes, this restaurant becomes very small. My date and I got put at a small 2 person table. Our candle wasnt working, the dining room had a terrible cold draft, and the overall ambience was terrible. Worse yet, we were reminded no less than half a dozen times that we had between 75 and 90 minutes to eat depending on the table we wanted. Apparently this is because Pago turns into a closet when the patio closes; and people need to be shuffled in and out as fast as possible. Frankly, it killed the mood for our date.Special Features:
- Best in SLCDustyDined on 8/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in SLC. I have yet to try anything on the menu that does not wow me. My favorites are the daily soups. Never go here without trying the daily soup.Special Features:
- Delicious every time.callei25Dined on 8/19/2014Everything I have had is unique and delicious. They use creativity with the menu and your mouth is never bored. I recommend it to everyone looking for good food! I really appreciate their use of local foods and the fine quality of ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DGBoulderDined on 8/17/2014Everything was delicious. Great food and reasonable prices for fine dining. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDonaDined on 8/17/2014The service was Amazing I usually tip pretty good but our waiter was so great I tipped him 100 dollars and thought he deserved more I'm pretty sure his name was Jesse I will most defently be going back and hope to have him as a waiter again. He was very knowledgable about the food and could tell us what everything was on our plates and describe the taste witch was great so we knew what we were getting ready to eat and the food was prepared greatly and fancy. Extremely impressed with the service and the cooking, GREAT JOB!!!!! Pago look forward to another visit for sure!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved Pago!!!Reb1VIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I have our favorite 2 or 3 places to have Sunday Brunch. We wanted to try something different and came across Pago. Wow! How did we go so long without trying this place? It was great! The food is fabulous! The menu is very innovative with a wonderful blend of flavors. The scones were delicious. My husband had the burger and it was one of the best ever! We've already made another reservation to go back with some friends this weekend.Special Features:
- Food was WOW!JoeSargeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Another great meal at one of our favorite restaurants in all of Salt Lake. Great service, great wine list, great food. Who could ask for more. Don't miss this place.Special Features:
- PriceyCelticsonDined on 8/10/2014The major thing that we keep us from coming back more often is that it is too pricey. It will be a great occasional spot, but certainly not a routine experience.Special Features:
- Great Meal againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/20141st time in for brunch, WOW! Everything was great and with our 4 top we tried most everything!Special Features:
- Loved it!looking4EdenDined on 8/9/2014We had a great time! The four of us were a little rowdy (within reason) and the server was great, didn't get irritated and played right along with us. Each dish was exceptional in flavor and presentation. Definitely will be returning next time we are in town!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem1211kateDined on 8/6/2014Great and inte resting menu. Not to be missed. Every time in SLC it is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Thank you for keeping a varied menu that highlights local food and makes for a memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Yorkers Loved PagoTwinOneVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had some time to kill before a red eye flight to NYC so we ate dinner at Pago. Wow, were we impressed. The chicken dish with summer fruits was bright, perfectly cooked and surprising. The gnocchi were fluffy and flavorful. The waiter was knowledgeable and recommended just the right wine and beer. It was by far one of the best meals we have had all summer. Thanks!Special Features: