878 S. 900 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84102Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pagoslc.com/
- Phone: 8015320777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Richey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: This reservation is for our multi-course tasting menu for New Years Eve. The normal menus will not be available for this evening and a credit card will be required for reservations on this day.
A word from Pago
Pago features seasonal cuisine from local producers and 20 artisan wines by the glass, complemented by an intimate eco-chic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Pago reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (66)notable wine list (43)romantic (41)great for outdoor dining (40)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (19)hot spot (19)good for groups (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Quiet PleaseUnknownDined on 8/31/2014If you want a nice small quiet getaway restaurant. Pago is the perfect place. Good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing GroundLunching4avesDined on 8/30/2014We have been with Pago since the beginning and love having them in the neighborhood. Dinner Saturday was good, but not up to their usual standards. The taste was ok, but the presentation was unappealing. I likened it to a young artist not knowing what colors to choose so uses them all. The beet salad looked like everything had exploded. The pork had so much going on that the pork was no longer the center of attention. It was quite nearly offensive. I have always liked Pago for the creativity, but restraint in using everything in the kitchen for one dish. I wonder what has happened. But the service was impeccable as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014It was very good. Service was excellent. Mimosas were perfect.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at PagoGrantVIPDined on 8/23/2014We eat here pretty often and as usual, the menu had plenty of offerings to make us hungry. We ordered the Squid Ink Pasta for two, and then the explosion of flavors hit us with that first bite. Absolutely fantastic dish. Congratulations to the Sous Chef who was the creator!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion dinnerJAparkcityVIPDined on 8/22/2014Took my husband out for his birthday. Eclectic menu with fresh local ingredients and beautiful flavor profile. Our waiter Walker was exceptionally professional and proficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missmurraymanDined on 8/22/2014Been here once before and it was fabulous, romantic, and altogether memorable. The problem with my second visit had to do with the size of the restaurant. It was raining so the patio was closed. When the patio closes, this restaurant becomes very small. My date and I got put at a small 2 person table. Our candle wasnt working, the dining room had a terrible cold draft, and the overall ambience was terrible. Worse yet, we were reminded no less than half a dozen times that we had between 75 and 90 minutes to eat depending on the table we wanted. Apparently this is because Pago turns into a closet when the patio closes; and people need to be shuffled in and out as fast as possible. Frankly, it killed the mood for our date.Special Features:
- Best in SLCDustyDined on 8/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in SLC. I have yet to try anything on the menu that does not wow me. My favorites are the daily soups. Never go here without trying the daily soup.Special Features:
- Delicious every time.callei25Dined on 8/19/2014Everything I have had is unique and delicious. They use creativity with the menu and your mouth is never bored. I recommend it to everyone looking for good food! I really appreciate their use of local foods and the fine quality of ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DGBoulderDined on 8/17/2014Everything was delicious. Great food and reasonable prices for fine dining. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDonaDined on 8/17/2014The service was Amazing I usually tip pretty good but our waiter was so great I tipped him 100 dollars and thought he deserved more I'm pretty sure his name was Jesse I will most defently be going back and hope to have him as a waiter again. He was very knowledgable about the food and could tell us what everything was on our plates and describe the taste witch was great so we knew what we were getting ready to eat and the food was prepared greatly and fancy. Extremely impressed with the service and the cooking, GREAT JOB!!!!! Pago look forward to another visit for sure!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved Pago!!!Reb1VIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I have our favorite 2 or 3 places to have Sunday Brunch. We wanted to try something different and came across Pago. Wow! How did we go so long without trying this place? It was great! The food is fabulous! The menu is very innovative with a wonderful blend of flavors. The scones were delicious. My husband had the burger and it was one of the best ever! We've already made another reservation to go back with some friends this weekend.Special Features:
- Food was WOW!JoeSargeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Another great meal at one of our favorite restaurants in all of Salt Lake. Great service, great wine list, great food. Who could ask for more. Don't miss this place.Special Features:
- PriceyCelticsonDined on 8/10/2014The major thing that we keep us from coming back more often is that it is too pricey. It will be a great occasional spot, but certainly not a routine experience.Special Features:
- Great Meal againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/20141st time in for brunch, WOW! Everything was great and with our 4 top we tried most everything!Special Features:
- Loved it!looking4EdenDined on 8/9/2014We had a great time! The four of us were a little rowdy (within reason) and the server was great, didn't get irritated and played right along with us. Each dish was exceptional in flavor and presentation. Definitely will be returning next time we are in town!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem1211kateDined on 8/6/2014Great and inte resting menu. Not to be missed. Every time in SLC it is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Thank you for keeping a varied menu that highlights local food and makes for a memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Yorkers Loved PagoTwinOneVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had some time to kill before a red eye flight to NYC so we ate dinner at Pago. Wow, were we impressed. The chicken dish with summer fruits was bright, perfectly cooked and surprising. The gnocchi were fluffy and flavorful. The waiter was knowledgeable and recommended just the right wine and beer. It was by far one of the best meals we have had all summer. Thanks!Special Features:
- Every time a winnerTastyDined on 8/2/2014I love Pago's! They never disappoint. The food was very good. We had quiche that made my mouth water. And the zucchini bread was to die for! Did I mention the Hibiscus tea? Delicious! The perfect drink on a hot afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a meal to...joeingoodtasteVIPDined on 8/1/2014remember! truly, one of the most memorable meals of the year. fresh, healthy and unique!Special Features:
- Must Visit in SLCOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2014Visiting from out of town - got the Pago Burger. AMAZING! Everything was fresh and it was one of the most thoughtfully crafted burgers I have had. It was food the way it should be prepared. As a plus, their Parmesan fries were awesome! Must stop for locals and visitors alike.
- Excellent restaurant!ZardozDined on 7/24/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. The service was friendly and excellent. The food was outstanding; kale Caesar salad was awesome and the local trout was best I have ever had. Great food!Special Features:
- Among the best in Salt LakeMattDined on 7/24/2014Pago is one of my favorite restaurants in Salt Lake. The food is always exceptional and the menu is unique. We tried the carrot tasting appetizer this time just because it seemed unusual. (Neither of us particularly likes carrots.) Of course, it was fabulous! Pago is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful, fresh, farm-to-table restaurant with innovative takes on traditional dishes. One of the best dining experiences we have recently had in SLC. Table was ready on time. Our waitress was prompt, knowledgeable and made good recommendations and the food was superb. All of this is in an atmosphere that is relaxed and casual. It was truly a great experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful quaint placechrisyeainDined on 7/18/2014Beautiful quaint place with amazing one of a kind food~ Staff was friendly & knowledgeable(always a plus with me!). Menu was eclectic and delicious! It's a pretty small place so I would make reservations for sure. Outside seating and the ambiance almost reminded me of places in NYC. We ordered veggie crudites and it was not only beautiful but really well balance of flavors. Initially I was hesitant but it was a perfect start to a summer meal. Cheese plate was also delicious~ That night they modified the surf and turf and gave us black pasta instead of pho(amazing!). The chicken was also salty and savory which just hit the spot. I would recommend for date night or night out with friends~Special Features:
- Great TimeAngelDined on 7/12/2014This was the first time visiting. We were surprised and happy with our Daughters choice. We loved the food. Some of the best we have had. Our server was exceptional, we loved him. Every thing was very clean and we had cloth napkins, both important. We will come back on another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last TimedfurstDined on 7/9/2014I went with my sister who lives in SLC, and has eaten at Pago many times. Her experiences mirror mine, which has me scratching my head..What is the big deal? Mediocre food, a waitress who talked incredibly fast so we missed all the intricacies of food preparation/availability. Food was good, but not great. Chairs are tinny and uncomfortable. Very impersonal. There are other places in SLC that are better. Will not return when I visit.Special Features:
- Not worthyrkatutahDined on 7/9/2014Would never go there again when you have to go somewhere else to get some more foodSpecial Features:
- Good food, nice environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Small menu with varied options and a good wine selection. Farm to table is wonderful, and tastes were fresh. Food was very well prepared. Size of portions can be quite small, even for restaurants of this type (particularly fish dish). Very enjoyable, but for the price, I might not return so soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening at PagoCamymanDined on 7/6/2014I read some of the reviews and was slightly disheartened to hear that some individuals had a negative experience here. I had quite the opposite. Our server was very attentive and the food came out delicious. Both of us got the Pago burger and it was excellent. Both were cooked to perfection and the truffle frites on the side were absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this dish to anyone looking for a great burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre in every aspect.undineDined on 7/3/2014I've always passed by Pago on my way to the Coffee Garden and wondered what it'd be like to dine at a restaurant so highly rated by OpenTable. After going for a birthday brunch, I must conclude... It's nothing special. The atmosphere of the place is, as they promote, 'eco-chic': an open kitchen, business-persons chattering incessantly in the background (to the point of "obnoxiously noisy"), jean aprons. The entrees were horrendously overpriced and underwhelming in texture and flavour (we had to pay for soup starters)--interesting concept for surf & turf, poor execution. The burger was dreadful, the wine list was disappointing, and our server was unintelligible. The saving grace was dessert and French press coffee. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Still OutstandingBingobrainDined on 6/30/2014Such a superb experience. We were there for a special occasion and the food was delicious as always and I have to say the service was the greatest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgerSVGLLCDined on 6/29/2014My husband has had a lot of burgers at some of the best restaurants and he says this is best burger and frites he has ever had. I had the pasta and loved it as well. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...service only okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was awesome! I loved the food. The only issue that I had with Pago is that our waitress was not very good. We went on a Saturday around 12:30. The restaurant was not very busy, there were plenty of empty tables. We did not see our waitress for probably 20 minutes after I had give her my credit card to pay for the meal. We only saw her two other times, once to take the drink order and once to take our food order. She also was not very friendly. I will try it again as the food was great. I hope I get better service.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My second visit to Pago for brunch on a Saturday around noon and had an excellent experience. Their food is superb. Had to wait a little longer this time, but it's well worth the wait.Special Features:
- Salt Lake City GemFussyEaterDined on 6/25/2014Although several blocks from the 'tourist' centre of Salt Lake City (i.e. Temple Square etc), this restaurant is definitely worth a 10 mins taxi ride. The food was creative & delicious with organic ingredients that are locally derived, the service friendly & attentive & it is obvious that the staff work together as an efficient team. So much better & fresher than the standard 'American' fare that is prevalent near the city centre. It seems to be very popular with the local residents (usually a good indication of quality dining) so you must book in advance to be sure of a table.Special Features:
- Farm to table gemvermontgurlDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food, beautifully presented. Eclectic list of wines by the glass was unexpectedly perfect. The decor is funky but the only problem is the chairs outside looked like they were going to be comfortable but in fact were very uncomfortable otherwise perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- GREAT DINING, GREAT SERVICEWALDOKONGDined on 6/24/2014Most enjoyable dining experience with great friends. Service was superb. Food most excellent!Special Features:
- Small and PowerfulRPRinSLCVIPDined on 6/23/2014Pago is a neighborhood favorite of ours. We are regulars for "meatless" Mondays, where Pago adds 3 or 4 different vegetarian specials to the menu. The menu is small, interesting, and changes regularly. They try to use seasonal and local ingredients when they can and it shows in the freshness of the food. They always have interesting starters, try the carrot plate as a great salad alternative. The chicken, pork and fish dishes are always nicely prepared, they often add a little ethnic twist. Like the menu, the wine list is limited, but carefully chosen. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Nice food held back by serviceMoxieDined on 6/21/2014Pago has a very small menu that features some special offerings. Prices are a little high and the dining areas are a little cramped and noisy. We were given a subpar table by the door and not offered the patio. We had a cheerful waiter, but the timing of items from the kitchen and bar marred the overall experience. Although there are some nice menu items, there are superior restaurants for foodies in SLC.Special Features: