8017 Plaza Del Lago
Estero, FL 33928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://estero.pagellis.com/
- Phone: 2392264242
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pagelli's- Estero
Vincenza Pagelli scraped together all the money she had in order to bring her daughter and three grandsons to America and a better life than they might have had in the small town of Borgetto in Sicily where they lived. Weighted down by luggage filled with pots, pans and recipes, the family arrived in Michigan virtually penniless in 1987. Sadly, Vincenza died 6 months after moving to the United States. Today, using only the passion for what they knew best: food… Mama Josie, sons Joe, Vince and Tony Cangialosi pay homage to her with Pagelli’s Cucina featuring all the warm Italian hospitality and those great recipes celebrated for so many years. Pagelli’s Italiano will forever serve as a testament to great atmosphere, love of family and food, and the beloved Gramma “Nona” Pagelli who made it all possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pagelli's- Estero reviews from OpenTable diners
- Made res 2/09 for 2/14 theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Made res 2/09 for 2/14 they called and cancelled the res on 2/13 "they no longer accept Open Table in season"
- Poor serviceSmilelor47Dined on 2/9/2013They are not prepared for after 6:00 dining we waited at bar for 20 minutes before getting a drink! We waited over 45 minutes for a bowl of pasta.The waiter was wonderful but the serves was terrible!had many empty tablesSpecial Features:
- I have frequented Pagelli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/6/2013I have frequented Pagelli's several times since they first opened. The food is fantastic. However, do not use OPENTABLE if you want to get their outdoor seating. Upon arrival on this visit, I was told OpenTable redid not qualify for any of their outdoor seating and access to live music. There were several available tables outside but we were forced to eat inside. I asked a few times as to why and was told that outside seating was either full (which was clearly not the case) or that I needed to have a larger party to enjoy the outside seating. Clearly Pagellis does not wish to service their customers that book with OpenTable. While I enjoy their food, I will think twice about either eating here or using OpenTable to book at Pagelli's aga
- Dont go for the food.eatsoutalotDined on 2/4/2013We were there on a Monday evening ..the regular cook must have been off or they were cleaning up the leftovers. Had an "artisan" greek salad, horrible, the Veal Marsala was tasteless, the lasagna was mediocre at best. However, our servers were very good. We checked in and asked if others in our party were there they said no and seated us...only to find out the other couple was seated somewhere else! Pagelli's is always a favorite visitor spot as there is entertainment outside, it is a lively setting, has a large lovely open patio and is in a popular shopping area. As a local, if you want a lively night Pagelli's has it, but don't expect great food.Special Features:
- Would not recommend...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2013Waiter, Nolan was not good. He might have been new, but should have asked for help. He messed up two of the four orders never refilled water glasses and messed up both desserts. Coffee we asked for never did arrive. Food was ok once it was straightened out. Also was very loud inside but when we tried to eat outside...speakers were way too loud....not a good experience. Not going back when there are so many better restaurants in the area.
- WE LOVE DINNING OUTSIDE ANDVEUVEVIPDined on 2/1/2013WE LOVE DINNING OUTSIDE AND THE MUSIC IS ALWAYS GREATSpecial Features:
- Went on a Friday night whenInvaluableDined on 1/25/2013Went on a Friday night when the outdoor DJ was performing. It's really loud and like eating during a wedding reception. The food was fantastic for our whole table (4). The server was friendly but I think management has too few servers, runners, and busboys. Everyone's tables were accumulating used plates and glasses. The waitress had about 6 large tables and just couldn't check back frequently enough to keep glasses full. However, our total visit only took 1:15 (and that was with drinks, salads, entrees, and some visiting) so maybe I was just impatient. I would definitely go back for the food and it's good people watching.Special Features:
- BEAUTIFUL DINING EXPERIENCEcheyenne18Dined on 1/23/2013NESTLED IN A STUNNING LITTLE 'VILLAGE' TYPE SETTING, LOOKING AT THE LAKE, LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, AND WONDERFUL FOOD. WHAT A WONDERFUL FIND THIS WAS. I WILL BE TAKING MY GUESTS HERE IN THE FUTURE..Special Features:
- Veal marsala was overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Veal marsala was overcooked and dry !!!!!! other dishes were pasta dishes, not enough sauce and cappellini was overcooked and stuck together. We would never go back They did take the veal dish off the bill..
- I've been going to Pagelli'sConsistentVIPDined on 1/18/2013I've been going to Pagelli's for many years. When I was last there I noticed that the portions were somewhat smaller, but I wrote that off to being out of season. The other night the portion (JoJo chicken) was a full half its original size and there was no vegetable. My wife requested a salad (formerly included) and they charged $6 for lettuce and a little tomato. Apparently all substitutions are now charged (like pasta instead of potatoes). My friend ordered the chicken / eggplant parm combo, but asked for rigatoni. They did not charge him, but served his parm over a bed of rigatoni Alfredo.The delicious bread once served is now gone, replaced by a few pieces of ciabatta.All told, very disappointing food. Great servSpecial Features:
- Food was okay. I generallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Food was okay. I generally go there for the outdoor ambience and entertainment. Waiter forgot appetizer. My dinner was tasty but not hot enough.Special Features:
- Sat outside and it still wasGrrr523VIPDined on 1/11/2013Sat outside and it still was very, very noisey. Could not hear the entertainer. Also could use a ceiling fan under the enclosure. Tables were too close together!Special Features:
- a very good meal with a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013a very good meal with a wonderful ambiance - outdoor lakeside seating with live entertainment. A great time!Special Features:
- Usually a favorite, not ourmipiaceDined on 1/4/2013Usually a favorite, not our best night at Pagelli's. Our table wasn't the best, especially since it wasn't particularly crowded. Waitress was attentive, and there were some interesting new items on the menu. Caesar salads arrived without dressing on them, butter for bread was almost frozen. Olive oil mixture was good as always. I had the pasta caprese, and it could have used a bit more sauce, linguini was quite dry. We'll give it another shot, as it's up on my list of places to go, especially to dine outdoors.
- Usually a good restuarant.Grrr523VIPDined on 12/31/2012Usually a good restuarant. Should have known better than to dine out New Years Eve! Service was very slow. Lost our order. Also floor was slippery and my wife slipped and fell. Manager was very accomodating and our entire meal and drinks were free because of slow service and lost order. Liked our booth in a seperate dining area. The noise in the main dining room was unbearable. Would never sit there. Impossible to carry on conversation unless next to person.Special Features:
- With so many wonderful restaurantsme2flVIPDined on 11/21/2012With so many wonderful restaurants to choose from in the area, I just hope Pagellis can keep up with the competition. Our salads were delicious, and the service spot-on. Our meals were just ok, mostly just over cooked...get it together and we will be back!Special Features:
- I have never written a reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012I have never written a review and I have never complained about my food at any restaurant. That being said I just had one of the worst meals of my life at this restaurant. Veal? If it was supposed to be veal I sure couldn't tell. And to make matters worse, one of the people in our party was served his main course while the rest of the table were eating their salads. When he asked to be served his main course when the others at our table received theirs the waiter could not have been more surly. We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- Things happenBuckeyeDined on 10/30/2012Great atmosphere and ambiance; unfortunately the chef overlooked one of the fish dishes and had to redo; forced us to eat at different times; manager and staff certainly apologized and offered a complimentary dessert; we would still go back and would recommend this place to others; live music outdoors overlooking the lake; eat outdoors if weather permits; fun spotSpecial Features:
- Pagelli's changed their menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Pagelli's changed their menu since my last visit. My favorite item ravioli was no longer available. Prices had increased and now serving meals ala carte. There now is a charge for a side salad or soup. We will not go back.
- Food was tasty, large portions,OHIOBUNNYVIPDined on 1/29/2012Food was tasty, large portions, with a wide variety of items to choose from. When we arrive we were advised that our 7:00 reservation was really for 7:30 as they only had two seatings that day and had called to advise us of this. We received no phone call. Many empty tables outside, but they would not allow us to sit until 7:30. We waited in the bar until approx. 7:15 and were seated, no one ever ended up sitting next to us altho the restaurant was busy. Sunday night featured a talented vocalist who unfortunately confused good with loud; and while his music was a delight, it was WAY TOO LOUD preventing conversation and any feeling of luxury, relaxed dining.Special Features:
- Do not go in inclement weatherPurdue63VIPDined on 12/11/2011It was raining and they brought the singer inside. It was so loud you could not hear the peron next to you. I complained to manager and they turned it down a bit, but this singer was all about the volume. The acoustics in the restaurant are very poor to begin with due to a very low ceiling in the back where we were seated. Add a ton of speakers, and it is awfull. Food was good, but I am never returning. They obviously cater to the music lovers and not diners. Too bad because most of the music people around us had finished eating by the time we arrived and were still there after we left a hour later. Not a profitable way to run a restaurant.h
- Some in our group didn't likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2011Some in our group didn't like the fact that we were seated so close to the kitchen, when there were so many open tables in much better locations. Most people don't like to have to look into the kitchen when out for dinner.Special Features:
- Nothing exceptional, but forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011Nothing exceptional, but for a family dinner out it is a good spot. The service was attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- We have been to Pagelli'sKarenVIPDined on 11/23/2011We have been to Pagelli's on many occasions and love to return when we come back to Florida. Excellent food value and love, love, love sitting outdoors!! :)Special Features:
- The table was ready at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011The table was ready at the scheduled time. Service was very attentive, drinks were kept refilled. The food was great. We all had a great time celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- The entertainment was A+++++.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2011The entertainment was A+++++. We had a large group visiting and it was their last night. My guests couldn't be happier. The food is just average. The wait staff had a tough time keeping up with our ordering. It didn't bother us because the entertainment was well worth the wait for food and drinks.Special Features:
- We were seated right awaySkipVIPDined on 10/29/2011We were seated right away in an outside location and when it started to rain we were immediatelyy changed to another location and our waiter was more then obliging. We were entertaining guests and everyone was very impressed wth the restaurant's accomodations.Special Features:
- The hostess never checkedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2011The hostess never checked us in when we arrived even though we told her we had a reservation. She did seat us quickly, but it was awhile before a waiter came over to take our order. When I checked and found out that our reservation had been cancelled, while we were still there, I spoke to another hostess who explained that she had just deleted everything on the computer and I would have to contact Open Table to resolve the situation. She made no apology for her mistake. The food and wine were good, and the entertainment was great.Special Features:
- Ambiance very good....drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2011Ambiance very good....drinks very good....ceaser salad disappointing....entrees very good...no comment on appetizers or deserts (none ordered)
- The ambiance is lovely andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2011The ambiance is lovely and so is the decor. However, the service was rather poor. The food came out cold, and I had to return the appetizer because it was hardly edible. When our waiter told the manager that we had returned the appetizer, he began to rant at him - yet we never received an apology or any follow-up from the manager. I dismissed the experience as being a rare one since restaurants are not quite in season yet, but I am not sure I will return. I was very dissapointed in the food and service, especially for the menu prices. I would expect this from a chain, much more affordable restaurant.Special Features:
- Even with half off drinksRikersVIPDined on 9/25/2011Even with half off drinks and wine, the place was not worth the money. The entrees were awful. The waiter pretended not to hear my complaints. Just awful.Special Features:
- It was a quiet night but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2011It was a quiet night but the service was very poor.
- Good service made reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011Good service made reservation on short notice were accommodating good food and good atmosphere service was very goodSpecial Features:
- We Had a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011We Had a great experience. Wonderful food and sevice.Special Features:
- Much too noisy - unable toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2011Much too noisy - unable to carry on a conversation comfortably. Service was indifferent. Food good, but not good enough to make up for the drawbacks. Directions ok, but location was difficult to find and more detail would have been helpful.
- Our waiter was awful, he didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/28/2011Our waiter was awful, he didn't even know what mostaccioli was(and this is supposed to be an Italian restaurant)!. He seemed totally disinterested in serving us, which started the moment he introduced himself to our table. The food is just okay. The appetizers were good/real good but the entrees were totally "oversauced".
- Our server, Anthony, was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2011Our server, Anthony, was fantastic. Not intrusive, but informative. Group of 8 ( 4 adults, 4 pre-teens) Table was a little too close to the server's order station and the kitchen door ( oh well )...could have had a much better table considering the restaurant was near empty. Not sure why they put us there - would have preferred more in the center of the dining area. But food was good and service was excellent.Special Features:
- We've been twice when thereHelmsdaleDined on 4/8/2011We've been twice when there was entertainment scheduled. It seems like they just don't have enough servers during these times. It's all very rushed. They need more servers for a relaxed dining experience. Food never disappoints. Frank Torino is better at Parrot Key Caribbean Grill I think because of the venue.
- They had our reservation butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2011They had our reservation but not the request for an outside table.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2011Food was good. Service was very good. Entertainment was excellent.Special Features: