Page Road Grill
5416 Page Rd
Durham, NC 27703Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Page Road Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pageroadgrill.com/
- Phone: 9199088900x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm
DINNER Monday - Friday 4pm - 930pm
Saturday 5pm - 930pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering to your home or business. Box lunches, pick-up and drop off also available. Visit chapelhillrestaurantgroup.com for sample menus and contact information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining 1: 34 seat private room with picture windows and full audio/video. Private Dining 2: 14 person conference table, picture windows and full audio/video.
- Private Party Contact: Ian Willis x
A word from Page Road Grill
Contemporary American cuisine with a southern twist using locally sourced food whenever possible. Featuring fresh salads, deli sandwiches on house-made bread, burgers, steaks and seafood. Full service bar with twenty beers on tap with an emphasis on micro brews. We also offer signature cocktails and a fine wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Page Road Grill - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Page Road Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (61)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- EclecticDickDined on 9/6/2014Great atmosphere, limited and eclectic menu geared to local suppliers
- consistent great food good servicePhiEatDined on 9/5/2014We find the location to be great as it is conveniently located to meet friends from the Triangle area. Consistently great food and very good service. Ability to pair foods as we like is also an asset as too many restaurants are rigid on their menus. Nice to find one that allows customers to go for foods they enjoy.Special Features:
- Consistently stellar food/service.DAWilkinsVIPDined on 8/30/2014PRG does not disappoint with its farm to table cuisine and stellar service; it is our go to restaurant for a spot close to home. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- LacklusterfoodiejayDined on 8/29/2014Quick overview: Wife and I had dinner there on Friday night. Restaurant not very busy (not a good sign). Although, that could be result of location (RTP). We each had cocktails, both lacking in size and flavor. Wife had a pineapple rum mixed drink, and I had the sangria. Again, both lacked flavor. Appetizer consisted of shrimp and corn hush puppies with pimento cheese dip. Good size portion to share, but void of any robust flavor. Had to eat 3-4, before you could get a hint of the shirmp. Entrees were Ribs and burger. Wife's burger was very good, and a large quantity of fries to go with it. Ribs were average, with flavor less cole slaw and dull fingerling potatoes. All in all, not a great experience nor a bad one. No reason to go back.Special Features:
- Great food.....butsandwichDined on 8/28/2014Great place, good food but make a reservation!! 45 minute wait if you just walk in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every way!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 8/23/2014PRG is outstanding. The food, service, and ambiance are very good. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- fromTokyoDined on 8/22/2014it is first time to visit this restaurant, we attend our VIP and he also satisfied the menu and service, atmosphere also good we want to repeat this restaurant for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okaylike2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sadly, over the last few months we have noticed a decline in food and service quality. Prices have increased, which we understand in this business, however, the food doesn't come out the way we ordered it, ie: burgers ordered medium came back well done, pork tenderloins ordered medium- well, came back medium rare and waited at least 40mins ,where we had to get up and find someone to ask why it was taking longer than usual. One of our favorite dishes was the NC pan seared trout and recently does not taste as scrumptious as before . Also, the grain salad has always been my favorite with the zucchini strips in it and now is prepared with cucumber. And ,no more sweet potato gnocchi :( overall we used to LOVE this place and now, it's just okay.Special Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014With all the reviews about wait times and crowds, I expected the worst. First surprise. We were seated right away. Second, Fast, attentive service. A great experience, and a great meal.Special Features:
- FantasticBfarphDined on 8/21/2014This was my fourth time here and everything was great--food,drinks,beer. As usual the weekly specials were different and enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- busy spoteastcoastfoodieDined on 8/21/2014I made a reservation and was very glad I did. This is a very busy fast paced restaurant. The waiting time for a table was 20 minutes at lunch if you didnt reserver ahead. The salads we orders were very tasy and teh service was good.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We had to wait for a table though I had made a reservation. I had requested a booth and ended up at a small table in the bar area. My wife's order was not correct. It was not an especially good experience, disappointed.
- good foodCC1RTPDined on 8/13/2014I really haven't had anything bad here. Everything from the salads to the entrees are prepared with care.Special Features:
- Great foodPrgursDined on 8/8/2014Great food and atmosphere for a business meeting. Thanks for honoring the reservation; virtually no wait time; great operation going on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScowallyDined on 8/4/2014Service is always quick and the food is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to favorite!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 8/1/2014PRG is a very good restaurant with exceptional wait staff. The ever-changing menu keeps the options fresh. The menu changes are particularly welcome when you dine at PRG as much as we do. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. We have never been disappointed. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/28/2014decent beer selection. a little above just bar fare. so it was a nice change
- Good fresh foodLuna559Dined on 7/19/2014Described as Contemparary American. The menu has some nice dishes that are a little bit different, the food was very fresh and tasted good. Service is quick and competant though not particularly personal and the check was a pleasant surprise. The environment is pleasant without being anything special though its clean and tidy including the restrooms. There was no music, a plus point for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love everything about PRG!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 7/18/2014PRG is a constant. No matter how many times you go, you never get enough. They change their menu consistently to keep things fresh. Service is always superb. More importantly, there is no such thing as a bad meal at this restaurant. Food is always attractive and well-prepared and fresh. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRG never disappoints!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 7/16/2014PRG is a family favorite. I also conduct a lot of business lunches/dinners here. On this particular occasion, I brought a good-sized business group in for a meeting and dinner. The staff and management were very accommodating and everything went exceptionally well. Everyone in our group loved the meals they ordered and the ambiance of the restaurant. They all expressed the desire to come back. Ivan waited on us and did a stellar job with managing the large group. Dinner was served within minutes of finishing our meeting.Special Features:
- roadwarriorVIPDined on 7/15/2014Been here 2x. Each time staff is marginally attentive. This most recent time asked for some bread with the meal. Server said they have none then offered small sized bread that is used for bruschetta, which was fine. He neglected to tell us he was going to charge us for this. Won't be back.
- Great Sandwiches!enjoyingitDined on 7/14/2014I've never been disappointed with my food selections. Since I work right across the street, PRG is the "go to" business lunch venue. This visit was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Page Road GrillAngeDined on 7/14/2014The food was good. Our reservation was at a perfect time before the lunch rush had entered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRG ever disappoints!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Page Road Grill is our go-to-place for nice dinners close to home. The food and service are always superb. PRG never disappoints.Special Features:
- Good Beer, Cold FoodGaryDined on 7/12/2014We've been to PRG several times, and went with friends again last Saturday. Great service and draft beer selection. Green tomatoes and pimento cheese appetizers were, well, appetizing. Main course selection was good, but food was barely warm on cold plates. Trout was greasy. Despite these problems, we all cleaned our plates.
- Been in twice so farTnysh218Dined on 7/11/2014I've been in twice for lunch meetings, and the crab cakes are amazing. It is one of the go-to spots for lunch in the area, and I see why- consistently great food and service. Just as well, making reservations online is a snap; never an issue to be seated even during peak hours.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotjoeyVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food was good and came out really quick. The Cauliflower Soup is a definite do-over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average grill...GDubVIPDined on 7/9/2014Page Road Grill is the premier hot spot for lunch/early dinner in the RTP area. It's not hard to see why boasting options such as their spin on the classic BLT, NC Shrimp and Grit(cake)s, or their healthier side: elaborate salads with lean meat on top. While the menu may not look impressive on the face for those with discerning palates, the execution and quality of ingredients when compared to the prices is an amazing value (typically ~$10 for entree+bev). The service is always attentive and can keep my glass full which few places can claim. The bar is fully stocked and offers a variety of choices for happy hour. I've been here 5+ times and will return every opportunity I am in the area for lunch, dinner, or just to have a few drinks.Special Features:
- Great food, convenient locationCMessickDined on 7/7/2014I took a group of colleagues that were in town for a meeting to Page Road Grill. The food was wonderful and there were a lot of options for the vegetarians in the group. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- One of our favorite lunch locationdineincomfortDined on 7/1/2014We dine at Page Road Grille because the food is great and they have a well trained staff at all levels from hostesses to wait staff to kitchen crew and chef. Always have a wonderful dining experience consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JATJRDined on 6/25/2014Have eaten there several times and food has always been good. I ordered the boneless fried chicken thigh weekly special and it was way overcooked. Parts of the crusty outside had a burnt taste. Should have sent it back, but was with a group from work and didn't want to hold them up. But this one bad experience won't prevent me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRG Never Disappoints!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 6/14/2014PRG is our favorite local eatery. They offer consistently good food and great service in a very nice environment. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food. Exorbitant pricing.TriAnglerDined on 6/9/2014Beer, Small Salad and Entree = $35. Good Grief. This is a business lunch hot spot and most are on expense accounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a revisitTGIF2dyneDined on 6/6/2014Never imagined American dishes can be that great. Comfortably noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice After Work SpotSoami6yDined on 6/4/2014This would be a great spot of co-workers in RTP top get together after a long week at work. In my case, it was also a great spot to go for dinner before headed into Raleigh for a nice event. The food was great and the pecan pie turnovers were to die for! A little pricey, but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wait Staff / Poor Food PrepOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2014When visiting RTP last week, I ate at this restaurant twice. The entree's both times were mediocre. The Bistro Filet was had a huge grey ring before showing any pink and not the medium rare I requests. The meat was tough as well. The second, time I order a medium rare full filet mignon sent it back as it was so rare it was difficult to cut. After eating part of the recooked filet, I still found sections that were deep red and too under cooked even for a rare steak. The bar tender offered to recook it and I said, I am not going to pay for steak cooked three times. One the plus side, the bartender was very understanding and helped me find an agreeable meal. Excellent service!
- great lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014The spinach salad with grilled shrimp never disappoints. I love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014My client and I enjoyed lunch the restaurant. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- continues greatSullijDined on 5/24/2014We like to eat at PRG. The staff is knowledgeable, the food great. I had a "hanger" steak which seems to be similar to a London Broil which are tender and cooked the way I like it ( medium rare ) My wife's Risotto was flavorful and delicious; we had enough to take home a doggie bag for lunch Sunday. For us the weekend is the best time to go since it is not as hectic. During the business week, both lunch and dinner times are busy. The local beer selection is good, I've really enjoyed the White Street Kolsch Style Ale; however, there a numerous other choices. Previously, I've enjoyed the fish, shrimp creole, and even the humble burger. The menu does change from time to time; however, the choices are varied, the food very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 240 reviews are from the Page Road Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent choice in RTPMimibeeVIPDined on 5/15/2014Food is excellent. Make a reservation even for lunch - gets crowdedSpecial Features: