Page Road Grill
5416 Page Rd
Durham, NC 27703Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Page Road Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pageroadgrill.com/
- Phone: (919) 908-8900
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm
DINNER Monday - Friday 4pm - 930pm
Saturday 5pm - 930pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering to your home or business. Box lunches, pick-up and drop off also available. Visit chapelhillrestaurantgroup.com for sample menus and contact information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining 1: 34 seat private room with picture windows and full audio/video. Private Dining 2: 14 person conference table, picture windows and full audio/video.
- Private Party Contact: Ian Willis x
A word from Page Road Grill
Contemporary American cuisine with a southern twist using locally sourced food whenever possible. Featuring fresh salads, deli sandwiches on house-made bread, burgers, steaks and seafood. Full service bar with twenty beers on tap with an emphasis on micro brews. We also offer signature cocktails and a fine wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Page Road Grill - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Page Road Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (15)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Consistently high quality food and serviceDAWilkinsVIPDined on 11/15/2014PRG is a very good restaurant. We have never been disappointed. The service is very high quality with wait staff that aim to please. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutalwaysDined on 11/14/2014FYI. The app will not let me mark Yes or No for "would you recomend Page Road Grill to a friend?" The answer is Yes!Special Features:
- Very good selection of local microbrewsOutOfTownerDined on 11/13/2014PRG has a unique menu comprised of locally sourced southern staples with a unique twist. Had the brisket served with mashed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and broccoli. Healthy AND delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodchrisDined on 11/10/2014Always good food here. I think they rotate the menu based around the seasons so the veggies are always fresh.Special Features:
- Great FindKentuckyGirlDined on 11/8/2014The server was fabulous, the food light (except for dessert!) and delicious. Our group had the crab cakes, roasted half chicken and spinach salad. My niece had the Fried Pecan Pie Bites and it was more like a turnover, but it was wonderful. We will be back the next time we are in Durham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephanieVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have been to Page Road Grill three times for a weekend dinner and always find it worth the drive to RTP. Unique menu and consistently good. My only compaint tonight was that we requested a booth and although all were open, we were sat in the one closest to the kitchen and could see/hear all the activity each time someone entered/left. Of course, this will not keep us from returning but I will be more specific in my request next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie BrownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014Excellent venue for a business lunch. Seated immediately. Service respectful yet attentive and efficient.Special Features:
- priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014No drink specials-ever. Dinner selections are pricey for what you get.
- Great Service and FoodGinaDined on 10/29/2014This is my go-to place for scheduling lunch for work and pleasure! The service is fantastic, the food is excellent and it can all be had in an hour lunch break!Special Features:
- Don't Let Outside Food YouSandieADined on 10/25/2014When we pulled into the parking lot at Page Road Grill I was pretty turned off. A red brick building that looked like an insurance company with some dried up plant life at the entrance. Inside is an entirely different story. The restaurant is pleasant and roomy and divided into sections so as not to seem like an auditorium. The staff were attentive w/out being annoying. We were a group of 5 and had crab dip, pretty good, shrimp rolls, didn't care for especially as appetizers. We all loved our entrees which were, pork tenderloin -- excellent; duck breast -- very good; shrimp creole -- very good; mac and cheese, different but quite good and the brisket -- very good. I had the bread pudding for dessert which I didn't finish, not that great.Special Features:
- A Must VisitTriangledinerDined on 10/24/2014Page Road Grill is a favorite meeting spot for business professionals in the Triangle. My guests have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy buzy but made us feel specialFoodieOnTheGoDined on 10/22/2014Even though the parking lot was full there were available tables when we walked inside. Our waiter was attentive and never made us feel rushed. We had the onion rings...which were so much better than the last time. My dining companion had the salmon, which she said was prepared perfectly. She LOVED the 'hoppin john'. I tried the special, Pimento Mac, a spin on traditional mac & cheese...pretty darn good. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brussel Sprouts!VirginiaSlimDined on 10/17/2014The beef tenderloin and shrimp risotto are delicious, but the Brussels sprout appetizer is outstanding! Next time I will just get that and an icy cold draft beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable & PopularOutAndAboutDined on 10/14/2014Like its neighbor Mez, you can count on having a good meal served promptly at the Page Road Grill. Likewise, you can expect a crowd at lunch, so reservations are always in order. The menu is varied with something for everyone, so its a good place for burgers to salads and whatever is in between.Special Features:
- Very good!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 10/11/2014PRG is a consistently good restaurant with outstanding service.Special Features:
- Business LunchKrisDined on 10/7/2014Great location and food choices for a quick informal business lunchSpecial Features:
- PERFECTgoodeatingVIPDined on 10/4/2014As usual our dining experience at Page Road Grill was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2014I'm torn on this review, as I have had both 5 star experiences as well as 2 star experiences. I work in RTP, so this is one of the few convenient dining out options nearby. I had grain salad with salmon - I found to be one-note. I was also hoping for an even distribution of arugula to grain, but it was REALLY a grain salad. So much grain salad that I was digging to find anything green. NC Trout was fantastic. The fish had crispy skin which was to-die-for, and i was obsessed with the fried capers. There were SO many white beans, I found myself picking out the mushrooms. Overall this was my favorite dish I've had here. Service is friendly, sometimes TOO fast. If you find yourself in the area, I'd recommend PRG for a good no-frills meal.
- Good with a couple glitchesMrCredikDined on 10/1/2014There were some issues with an appetizer and the server attention. The spring roll did not stick together and the lettuce was soggy. My guess was that it had been rolled quite a while earlier. The peanut sauce came in a bowl. But to share the appetizer a couple would be "double dipping ' if they wanted sauce on all their bites. A spoon would have been nice. The new waiter only had a few tables but was hard to get his attention for a wine refill. My wife had to walk back and find him where he was chatting with other wait staff, but doing nothing else.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Great restaurant for dining with groups at lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love Page Road Grill!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is our go-to place for dinner and lunch. Consistently high quality in every area. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great as always!MurphyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The PRG was quiet enough the other night we could actually have a wonderful conversation and not feel like we were having to shout over other guests. I recommend the pork tenderloin as it was wonderfully spicy and very tasty. The portion was so large that I was able to take home half to it. Put PRG on your list to try!Special Features:
- Excellent for business meetingsdineincomfortDined on 9/23/2014Page Road Grill is an excellent location to meet for a business meeting for 2 to 10 plus colleagues. From initial reservations to dining experience we always enjoy visiting Page Road Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Business LunchMaxxDined on 9/22/2014The service was good, the food tasty and was good value. The noise level was a bit high aided by lack of sound restrictive measures.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 9/20/2014PRG is a very good restaurant with a nice ambiance and outstanding customer service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Doesn't disappointCC1RTPDined on 9/18/2014Everything is good and the service is as it should be. A solid choice for a good lunch!Special Features:
- EclecticDickDined on 9/6/2014Great atmosphere, limited and eclectic menu geared to local suppliers
- consistent great food good servicePhiEatDined on 9/5/2014We find the location to be great as it is conveniently located to meet friends from the Triangle area. Consistently great food and very good service. Ability to pair foods as we like is also an asset as too many restaurants are rigid on their menus. Nice to find one that allows customers to go for foods they enjoy.Special Features:
- Great for RTP Lunch MeetingsSueBVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is a great location, with a friendly staff, and broad menu options for every dietary need. Also great for cocktails after work . The back room can be a bit loud so I would suggest making reservations for the main dining room.Special Features:
- Consistently stellar food/service.DAWilkinsVIPDined on 8/30/2014PRG does not disappoint with its farm to table cuisine and stellar service; it is our go to restaurant for a spot close to home. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- LacklusterfoodiejayDined on 8/29/2014Quick overview: Wife and I had dinner there on Friday night. Restaurant not very busy (not a good sign). Although, that could be result of location (RTP). We each had cocktails, both lacking in size and flavor. Wife had a pineapple rum mixed drink, and I had the sangria. Again, both lacked flavor. Appetizer consisted of shrimp and corn hush puppies with pimento cheese dip. Good size portion to share, but void of any robust flavor. Had to eat 3-4, before you could get a hint of the shirmp. Entrees were Ribs and burger. Wife's burger was very good, and a large quantity of fries to go with it. Ribs were average, with flavor less cole slaw and dull fingerling potatoes. All in all, not a great experience nor a bad one. No reason to go back.Special Features:
- Great food.....butsandwichDined on 8/28/2014Great place, good food but make a reservation!! 45 minute wait if you just walk in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every way!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 8/23/2014PRG is outstanding. The food, service, and ambiance are very good. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- fromTokyoDined on 8/22/2014it is first time to visit this restaurant, we attend our VIP and he also satisfied the menu and service, atmosphere also good we want to repeat this restaurant for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okaylike2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sadly, over the last few months we have noticed a decline in food and service quality. Prices have increased, which we understand in this business, however, the food doesn't come out the way we ordered it, ie: burgers ordered medium came back well done, pork tenderloins ordered medium- well, came back medium rare and waited at least 40mins ,where we had to get up and find someone to ask why it was taking longer than usual. One of our favorite dishes was the NC pan seared trout and recently does not taste as scrumptious as before . Also, the grain salad has always been my favorite with the zucchini strips in it and now is prepared with cucumber. And ,no more sweet potato gnocchi :( overall we used to LOVE this place and now, it's just okay.Special Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014With all the reviews about wait times and crowds, I expected the worst. First surprise. We were seated right away. Second, Fast, attentive service. A great experience, and a great meal.Special Features:
- FantasticBfarphDined on 8/21/2014This was my fourth time here and everything was great--food,drinks,beer. As usual the weekly specials were different and enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- busy spoteastcoastfoodieDined on 8/21/2014I made a reservation and was very glad I did. This is a very busy fast paced restaurant. The waiting time for a table was 20 minutes at lunch if you didnt reserver ahead. The salads we orders were very tasy and teh service was good.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We had to wait for a table though I had made a reservation. I had requested a booth and ended up at a small table in the bar area. My wife's order was not correct. It was not an especially good experience, disappointed.
- good foodCC1RTPDined on 8/13/2014I really haven't had anything bad here. Everything from the salads to the entrees are prepared with care.Special Features: