289 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://paganinyc.com/
- Phone: 2124885800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm to 1am
Brunch: Coming Soon
Lunch: Coming Soon
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pagani
Pagani is both a casual and elegant Italian restaurant located in the heart of Greenwich Village, specifically in the West Village on Bleecker! Our menu offers everything from casual snacks and hot & cold appetizers, to homemade pastas and hearty entrees. Our beverage program offers affordable, high quality wines from around the globe while focusing on Italy. Our cocktails consist of signature recipes as well as NYC classics. Those who prefer beer can find carefully selected craft beers, both on draft and by the bottle. Full menu 'til 1am!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pagani reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (12)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- all around winnerAlexVIPDined on 9/20/2014Made a last-minute reservation for 3 here tonight and was extremely happily surprised with the quality of the food and service. Our table started with oysters, which may have been the only forgettable course. the meat and cheese assortments were fantastic (the charcuterie in particular), and the two pastas that followed were even better (pappardelle was toothsome, meaty and fantastically sauced). Mains were the perfect size (four giant seared scallops, a nice size striped bass fillet perfectly seasoned) and the desserts were refreshing (mango and raspberry sorbet, dessert wines). The servers were charming, the proprietor attentive and involved. Also, for once, prices seemed fair, rather than feeling like highway robbery.Special Features:
- Adorable place!fantasticfoodieDined on 8/16/2014We went here on a Gilt City coupon for brunch and prosecco. We got there right at 11 and had the place to ourselves. Very cute inside, and an italian-themed menu. I had the rigatone bolognese and it was tasty, just needed a bit of hot sauce. My boyfriend got the BLT and he loved it. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Fun... good food .... felt comfortable..... Had fun... ThanksSpecial Features:
- Love this place!doktortimVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great food, great vibe, great location. This is the kind of restaurant where the owner not only made his way through the restaurant to chat, but picked up dishes and made sure we were happy with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go and try for yourselfCarolineMUDined on 7/29/2014This was recommended by a friend and glad I finally acted. Went with a group if 3 and started with oysters, meatballs, garden bruschetta topped with 3 great cheeses picked by the waitress. We all choose pasta dishes and cleared our plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Wonderful ServiceTommyBoyDined on 7/25/2014Everyone in our party loved all their food, and the waitstaff / hostess could not have been more friendly and accommodating. Would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Little ItalyRogerDined on 7/25/2014We were foresome, startet with some Oysters, followed by several starters, Pasta and the the daily fish. The food was excellent, as the wine and the friendly service. Not to forget 'Enzo' the Chief of the house, who cares for everything. Ever back in New York, We will go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but noisyzzzzVIPDined on 7/12/2014interesting menu and well-executed dishes but the front is a bar with bar noise. Back room is better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PennDined on 6/15/2014Went to an early Sunday dinner. First time dining here, was pleased with the atmosphere and vibe; has a cute rustic look. Had seat by window so we got to people watch. Salads were fresh, plentiful and delicious. I ordered a lemon pasta dish, which was somewhat flavorless and the pasta was overcooked and there was a clump of pasta stuck together. My partner ordered a ravioli which was tasty. Our server was not attentive, finally asking another server to help us, but the bus staff was very good. I would try this restaurant again, however the prices are on the higher end and so given the overall experience I might just try somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great Spot in the VillageAnonymousVIPDined on 6/7/2014After frequently the Lusardi groups other restaurants on the UES many times, we decided to check out Pagani. I'm so happy we did! We had such a nice evening. The staff immediately makes you feel welcome. The venue is pretty, the noise level moderate and the food quite good. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointingAlissaDined on 6/6/2014Love the ambiance and the location. The bartender was the best of all the staff. The service was poor. The toasts in for our meatballs were burnt and then flipped over so we wouldn't notice. The parmesan crisp in the salad was chewy and awkward. My pasta had raw garlic slices in it. My friends spinach was over seasoned like they didn't season it when they originally cooked it. Then added salt/pepper on top as an after thought. Sadly won't be going back.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Pagani reviews archive.
- porkyVIPDined on 5/22/2014We were treated very nicely at the restaurant. I especially enjoyed the Lemon Linguini that I had for my main course. Thanks!Special Features:
- Good EatsSophiaDined on 5/21/2014Interesting special drinks and delicious pasta and pork and risotto dish. SophiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavedoktortimVIPDined on 5/20/2014New restaurants are so hit and miss. They can be pretentious and off-putting, or suffer from quality control, or just miss it when it comes to creating the vibe I want to hang out in. Pagani misses all these traps and delivers great food, friendly and energetic service (led by the sagacious maitre d' Enzo) in a warm environment suitable for romantic fermenting or business solidifying. Go. Just go. Oh and did I mention their cocktails?Special Features:
- What a great place!LuisDined on 5/18/2014With a few minutes to kill before the theatre at the Barrow Street Playhouse next door, we decided to go in for a drink and fell in love with the place and the staff. The bartender made special drinks for us, and made us feel at home. The host and hostess were the nicest and just seeing the food coming out to the tables made us think this would be a great place for dinner. Next day we made reservations and had the best dining experience in NY this trip. This place is a gem because it is equal parts food, drink and service. Also, the neighborhood has a special kind of charm with little shops and quaint buildings like a very artsy kind of neighborhood. 100% recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunch, Excellent ServiceGopsterDined on 5/11/2014Went there with family for Brunch on Mother's Day. Excellent service, Food was high quality. Restaurant gave my wife a complimentary mother's day gift. All in all would recommend.Special Features:
- jennVIPDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful, with high ceilings and tearful decor. It's also very loud, which made it difficult to talk to my partner, as we were sitting right next another table. Most of our dishes were great (bread, calamari, pork chop, and tiramisu) but the ramps pasta was a bit disappointing. Our waiter was amazing. He gave me a glass of water served in a wine glass, with lemon and ice so I'd match my boyfriend, who was drinking wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014We came here on a Friday night with reservations for 2. We arrived on time and the restaurant was completely full. We were told that our table was just clearing up and we were sat within 10 minutes. The staff was so nice and friendly we did not mind at all. The food was perfect. Having worked in food service years ago, I am a tough critic about things being done right. I was not let down at all. Too bad I don't live in the area, or this would become my go-to spot! One note: The tables are very close together and they try their best to make sure you are comfortable. So if you don't like being at a small table, tough luck and welcome to New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and great foodNYCFoodieDined on 5/2/2014I've eaten here a few times with groups of 6-8 people and the service is always amazing. They aren't obtrusive in any way. They just know what you need when you need it and they do it all with a smile. The food and cocktails have always been excellent as well. I highly recommend Pagani as a place to really relax and enjoy a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISY!!shm56Dined on 5/2/2014If you like very noisy restaurants, you MAY like this spot. The service was mediocre at best. We waited at least 30 minutes between our starter and main. The food was okay, but not worth the prices which were average for NYC.
- Long Wait No Comp. DrinkOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, however we had to wait exactly 40 minutes for our table. The hostess offered us a beer as we waited at the bar. Food was good and the our server was efficient. When we got the check the beers were not on restaurant but on our check. Very shady!
- Great meal Great serviceGAFNYCVIPDined on 4/26/2014First time dining here pre theater. Great overall experience. The pasta dishes were delicious and the service was first rate. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Italophiles come hereMBBostonVIPDined on 4/24/2014My husband is Italian-American and we visit Italy regularly. Our love of the food and culture means we tend to be a little critical of restaurants in the US that try to get that perfect mix of atmosphere, service, food, flavor, and generosity of spirit that are the hallmarks of the best Italian eateries. Pagani--a place we stumbled upon thanks to a friend's recommendation--gets it right. It helps that it's run by an Italian family, of course. The food is spot on--not fussy, with quality ingredients and consistency (really what makes good Italian food). The drinks are exquisite, and the service--what can I say?--makes me feel like a celebrity. Pagani is now a regular stop on our visits to New York. It feels like it's always been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2014Just average italian food. Ambiance could be much better, more creativity on the menu as well. Nothing really special.
- Rave reviewEdNYCDined on 4/1/2014Great food and wine, and friendly, knowledgeable and attentive service. Everyone in our party of 4 was very pleased with the whole evening.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE IN WEST VILLAGEOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/23/2014Can't find more attentive and pleasant service than Pagani! Excellent food -- our favorites are apple fennel salad and the branzino. Pastas are freshly made and the sauces are just perfection. Excellent wine list and many choices by the glass -- or by the very reasonably-priced quartino, (a quarter of a liter, or 250 ml of wine) which, by the way, is a third of a standard 750 ml bottle. The staff at Pagani is really outstanding. Will be back again within the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Reviews2foodiesDined on 3/21/2014The table had mixed reviews on the food and ambience. It was extremely loud, we had seen other reviews on the restaurant that recommended it as a date place, and that should not be the case. Out of the two of us, one person liked the food and the other didn't. This would be a good place to meet your friends in the neighborhood; however, did not meet what we were looking for. That being said, the staff was phenomenal. The hostess worked to get us sat at a table that we would like. The bartender knew the drinks and described them to us in a way that made us know we would choose the right drinks for our tastes. The server was very friendly and was able to tell us extensive details about every aspect of the menu.Special Features:
- Made a reservation and stillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Made a reservation and still had to wait 15 minutes but was given a complimentary glass of champagne during the wait. It was a friends birthday so we mentioned that to the hostess, but the communication to the waiter was not executed because after waiting for the birthday dessert and seeing 2 others pass by, we had to request twice more before they brought something over (after we had already eaten dessert). Other than that, the general service was good and the food was great. The ambiance was cozy and welcoming. Would come back againSpecial Features:
- Solid SpotSEG12Dined on 3/15/2014Friendly waiters and delicious pasta. I had the linguine with clams and it was terrific. The prices are reasonable. The restaurant was a bit dark especially in the back, and I expected more energetic music to be playing, but it was a very comfortable experience. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful finddoocatDined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed dinner here the other evening. The wait staff was friendly and pleasant. Saturday evening the restaurant was full and a bit noisy. The food was very good and there were plenty of healthy choices. Portions were moderate, which was fine. Salads were well presented and tasty. The wine list is limited, but OK and the prices reasonable. I would definitely head back for another fine meal!Special Features:
- Very Pleasurable ExperienceFBESQDined on 3/15/2014Went for an out-of-character early dinner (5:15pm) on Saturday, as my gf and I had tickets to a show later that evening. That being said, we were the first diners to arrive and had our pick of tables. The staff was extremely friendly, from the front of the house mgr, to the waitress, to the chef, who came to our table on several occasions. The food, as well as the wine list, were moderately priced. We started with the pear and plum salad, then had the arancini and charred octopus. Added a pasta course of the gnocchi with black truffle and walnuts. Entrees were the sea bass special, and I the lamb shank special. Finished with ricotta cheesecake and espresso. Highlight dish was the charred octopus-a must order. Room packed by 7:30Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and lots of potential.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/11/2014Good food and lots of potential. Waitstaff needs some training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent new ItalianElleDined on 3/1/2014A few great italian spots closed recently in the west village, so its really wonderful to have something like this around! great crowd, great service, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Lively with Great FoodCYCNYCVIPDined on 2/28/2014This is my favorite low key but special place (a tricky balance that has been achieved)- great for a date, meeting a friend for dinner or a celebratory evening. I particularly love eating at the end of the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place!NYEGuestVIPDined on 2/21/2014Very cool ambiance, great service and excellent food. We especially loved the artichchoke salad and mushroom pasta. Must haves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute & inexpensiveSdpinnycVIPDined on 2/21/2014Pagani is cute and cozy. Its a great space and nicely decorated. Great for a low-key date night or gathering with friends. Its energetic without being too loud. The food is surprisingly good - not outstanding but definitely solid and prices can't be beat. Its really inexpensive and portions can easily be shared. My husband and I shared the warm buffalo mozzarella to start which was pretty good. Then we shared the pasta with mushrooms which was actually delicious - very light and flavorful. Last we shared the beef brisket. I've definitely had better but it was great, and comforting because it tasted like a good homemade dish my mom made growing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!NicoleDined on 2/21/2014I used to live in the Upper East Side and frequent Uva a lot-go figure Pagani is the sister restaurant. You will not be disappointed! We had a group of 6 and everyone loves their entrees. The pasta is fresh and out of this world. You have to try the Buffalo mozzarella, it is the best I've ever had. Service is top notch too! Thank you for a wonderful experience, we are definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyment!Italian1Dined on 2/18/2014Interesting and fun menu with terrific food. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Char grilled Octopus was the best I have ever eaten. Cod fish topped with a lite polenta was outstanding. A very good location to the Subway. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall amazingNightlyfoodieDined on 2/15/2014Everything on the menu is exceptional. You can't go wrong. Great service and food and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Great Way to get out of the ColdAndreaVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had an excellent meal here on a very cold, snowy night recently and enjoyed it immensely. The food was not the average Italian fare - it was healthy, varied (from multiple Italian regions), and delicious. We will be back.Special Features: