Paganelli's Downtown Toronto
106 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1E1Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Paganelli's Downtown Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paganellis.com/
- Phone: (416) 363-8370
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Boscherini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From an intimate dinner between friends to a celebration of grandeur, whatever the occasion, Romagna Mia can cater your affair.
- Private Party Facilities: Our facilities are available for private functions of all sizes and occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Sim 416-363-8370x
- Cross Street: Jarvis & Front
- Public Transit: Closest streetcar/bus stop is located at King Street and Jarvis Street. Closest subway station is King or Union.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: When you arrive with four or more friends in a car, please give us a call to check if there are available parking spot on our private lot. We will open the gate on a first come first serve basis. Parking is available just one block east of George/Front.
A word from Paganelli's Downtown Toronto
Specializing in Northern Italian cuisine, we offer authentic flavours of Parmigiano-Reggiano, prosciutto di Parma, truffle, risotto, traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena, fresh pastas and piadina. We offer an extensive selection of Italian Regional wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paganelli's Downtown Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Something missing!PadelloDined on 11/21/2014On the plus side, their food is delicious and the service was good. What they lacked was any ambiance! Now we dined early on a Friday night and it might have been different later, but there was no music and the lights were very bright. This is not necessarily important, but it made the experience less enjoyable for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSergeDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant provides good food & service. Great place to be with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Risottos!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I was recommended by my girlfriend's mother to try out Paganelli's for when I come back from my very long business trip. I was craving some real Italian Food, and Paganelli's formally Romagna Mia's was a very inviting and appealing choice. We had an early dinner at 4:30 pm because we were going to the Toronto Maple Leafs game. It was empty, but as we came to our desserts, the place started filling up quickly by 5:30 pm. Our Waiter. was on top of everything. His service was great, had a great sense of humour, knew the menu well, and knew exactly what we wanted. Catered to our needs quite well. The Rissotto was by far the best I have ever had in my life. I would come back again. The food was top notch, very Romantic, dine in the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryKaloDined on 10/5/2014Excellent Italian Food! Compliments to the chef since we didn't get to tell him. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second experience equally excellentfoodisgreatDined on 9/23/2014I was brought to Paganelli's for my bachelorette party and loved the experience - they accommodated our big group and the food was amazing. For my mom's 60th I wanted great Italian food downtown so I booked us in at Paganelli's and it lived up to my high expectations. The service was excellent and the food was totally delicious. We were running late and couldn't stay for dessert (we had a show to catch) so they gave my mom a coupon for free dessert next time she comes in. We will definitely be going back for another wonderful dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellantYachtieRWAVDined on 9/11/2014The pasta was perfectly cooked, and the lamb sauce - superb! The service was friendly and prompt, and there was no sense of "eat quick and get out" that, sadly, seems to be the norm today. The ambiance brought back memories of dining in Tuscany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real find close to the centrewelshvisitorDined on 9/8/2014we were in toronto during the film festival when the centre seemed very busy everywhere. Althougho the restaurant is just around from the old market it was very quiet there were only about 12 diners when we were there. this is very surprising as the food was excellent the wine list extensive and reasonably priced and the service very good. I would recommend this restaurant to any visitors to toronto.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!JulesDined on 9/5/2014This is a great restaurant if you are looking for a quiet romantic evening or a place where you can take a business client and hear yourself talk. The staff are great. The food is really good. I have been here several times and I love this place.Special Features:
- Good findBenyboyDined on 8/16/2014We had the Caesar salad which was overdressed for our liking. My lamb ragu pasta was outstanding. My fiancé pasta with goat cheese was very tasty. The waitress was not that attentive to us. She forgot to bring us bread and spent a lot of time talking to other guests in her native language. We felt a little ignored. We would go back though because the chef is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Loved the Butternut Squash ravioli and the molten chocolate cake.Special Features:
- The following 268 reviews are from the Paganelli's Downtown Toronto reviews archive.
- Authentic, delicious!PascalesmomDined on 7/19/2014We were attracted to this restaurant by the claims of authentic, traditionnal italian dishes on their Web site. We were not disappointed! My first salad had three ingredients: arugula, artichoke hearts and shavings of pecorino. Light, fresh and wonderful! My husband and daughter had a selection of salamis: outstanding freshness and taste. My lasagna was exactly what I had hoped for. Paper thin fresh pasta, a tasty, traditionnal, perfectly seasonned ragu sauce and luscious bechamel, all in perfect proportion! My husband's pasta dish was also very tasty with well-balanced flavours. Our waitress was a gem: warm and friendly, knowledgeable and...Italian! We will definitely go back to this restaurant next time we are in Toronto.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014All pasta dishes features el dente homemade pasta, arguably best in the city. The sauces are rustic and not trendy, nor fussy. If you're looking for hearty pastas, cannot go wrong here. Thin crust pizza is excellent and worthy of any competitor in the city. The gran Frito appetizer was done to perfection and very tasty. Ambiance and dining room are somewhat tired, but we only come here for the food. Wine selections are varied and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Meh...rak684VIPDined on 6/21/2014Not impressed at all. The restaurant looked dated, and the service wasn't great. The risotto was good, but the pizzas are soggy and tasteless. Not to mention that everything is extremely overpriced...Risotto for $30? Small pizza $18-20??
- Risotto to die forcaitcaitlynDined on 6/20/2014food was amazing especially the risotto. Desserts were great as well. service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Relaxing AtmosphereJulesDined on 6/20/2014This is a neighbourhood gem. The food is amazing. The service is great and it is a great place to host large parties. I definitely recommend this to anyone that wants a great meal with a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- AmazingYiyaDined on 6/13/2014Very good ambience, service and great, great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden treasureInternationalfoodieDined on 6/12/2014The food at this modest appearing place is truly outstanding. Start with the calamari, go on to pheasant risotto, a steak, fish or osso buco and don't miss the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time!AmandabannikovDined on 6/6/2014Visited the restaurant with my family because I am going to have my wedding reception there in September. I was a little nervous because it was a first time visit. But as soon as the food arrived and I took my first bite, I knew I had made the right choice. From there house cured meats, to the pastas, the risotto, the steak and fish, and especially the desserts; it was all more delicious than I could have imagined! The service was extremely professional. This type of service is rarely seen in restaurant anymore. General manager, Eric Sim is also great! Knowledgeable and friendly! And the Chef came out :) He was absolutely excellent! A wonderful experience and I am now really looking forward to September for my wedding reception! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaTeeDined on 5/31/2014One of my favourite Italian restaurants in the city; the food and service are always exceptional :)Special Features:
- Authentic Italian food!chowymDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant satisfied our craving for authentic Italian food after spending a few weeks in Italy! Would recommend to anyone looking for one of the best Italian restaurants outside of Italy! Amazing food and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBarbDined on 5/31/2014I had a groupon for 4 and I had a party of 5. I gave the groupon to the server and informed her that we would pay for the extra meal. They charged us for the most expensive entree and tried to charge us for the app and dessert we never had, claiming that everyone at the table had to have a three course meal!! The apps were tasty but the entrees were very poor. The Osso bucco was tough and the lasagna was heated in the microwave and with splatter marks evident on the platter. I was not impressed.
- Authentic ItalianEllybDined on 5/30/2014The food and service here are both very good. Main courses and pastas are tasty and plentiful. However, the appetizers and desserts are a little overpriced for the quantity offered. All in all though, a great find.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 5/11/2014We've enjoyed Paganelli's for several years but our latest visit was disappointing. Ice cream served instead of gelato. Uninspired lasagna. Slow service.
- Neighbourhood gemgoodbetDined on 5/11/2014Always good food and wonderful staff. Love that "strangle the Priest"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay & OverpricedFrequentDinerDined on 5/10/2014Food & service was excellent. I was glad I had a coupon as I think it was priced like a fine dining restaurant and I don't feel you had that kind of ambience. The decor definitely needs a face lift especially for the prices they are charging, a glass of wine was $20, deserts were overpriced at $12. I would not go back again unless I had another coupon.
- Decent, but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The food was decent, but overpriced. The cocktails were also overpriced, especially when a restaurant down the street was advertising mimosas for $3.99. However, the service was excellent. Never in my life have I paid that much for a two-person lunch. Unfortunately, the price is what will deter me from going next time. The food is good, but not that high a price good.Special Features:
- Caesar Salad was to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014My boss and I went to Paganelli's to check out the restaurant for a group dinner that we will be hosting over our lunch hour. We had the Shared Caesar salad, Sea Bass with vegetables, and a Pepperoni Pizza. The favorite part of the food was the Caesar Salad, the best I tasted after a long time. The Sea Bass, one fillet of the portion size is not enough, the menu does say it for the light diner, but, I did feel content. However, to me Sea Bass is more of a meaty fish, but this particular fillet was extremely thin. It was a bit bland as well, could use some more flavour to it, the vegetables were interesting. As per my boss the Pizza was really really good. All in all, we'd definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014This was our first time and we really liked , great atmosphere, excellent food and service. the wine was very good as well.Special Features:
- Small servings & ExpensiveJerryDined on 5/2/2014We've gone here for years and the food is good --- not great but usually good (the last time we went the food was poor and we hadn't been back in about a year). I feel the servings have gotten smaller and it certainly has become much more expensive. It's convenient for us but we won't go very often.
- Excellent service and great foodCrispyBumblebeeDined on 4/28/2014Our waiter was incredible, it's too bad that I didn't get his name. He's very attentive and his suggestions were amazing. For an app we had the 3 choice of Salumi and Carpaccio salad. For mains we had the ravioli and the risotto (mushroom and truffle pate) and for dessert we had the panacota and gelato - all were excellent including the Verradicio wine (I don't think I spelled that correctly).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodRhondaDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was vibrant and the food was good. The wait staff were attentive but there was no rushing you. Generally a nice restaurant to which I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian dishesGuru4travelDined on 4/24/2014The menu reflects how fresh the dishes are everyday. My challenge is that two dishes are just so good (Twisted priest pasta and lasagna verdi) I always end up hpicking those. I eat out at restaurants all the time and this is my favorite Italian restaurant in Toronto. In many years dining here I have always had outsta nding meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, nothing specialGeoffVIPDined on 4/10/2014Good quality Italian good. A few notable dishes. The desserts were so-so and the service was ok but a bit inattentive.Special Features:
- Disappointing!MissPeaDined on 4/6/2014We went in specifically for Ossubuco and Lamb... they were all out! Also very disappointing that we had to ask the waiter for wine twice but never saw any after the initial request. I would not go back although the appetizers were good but mains were less than average.
- Excellent but Limited ChoiceGailDined on 4/6/2014Two of the entres were not available... unfortunately they were my first two choices. That was a disappointment. However the lamb was excellent (third choice) and the meal very enjoyable.Special Features:
- overrated Italian but good foodkfs727Dined on 4/5/2014The service was slow abs wasn't that busy. The food is good at best, bit pricey for what your getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianStefanoDined on 3/31/2014I wanted a place where we could walk to after work rather than spend and hour on the Gardiner getting somewhere. Found this well-recommended place listed and decided to try it out. Calamari and Shrimp appetizer for the wife and I had the "caprese" salad. She had sea bass and I had osso buco. She had tiramisou and I had chocolate mouse. Each course was excellent (she liked the crispy crust on the fish and I liked the saffron rice), well timed and sized right. Service was great and friendly. I always like it when there is nothing on the plate I don't want to eat! I expect we will be back. Quite surprised there weren't more diners, but it was a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian food. ServiceLepiezDined on 3/29/2014Very good Italian food. Service was a little stressed at times but recovered very nicely. Servers recommendations were appreciated and enhanced the evening. Kitchen a little slow but worth the wait. Not overly crowded for a Saturday night but still bustling. Two signature dishes are Fungi risotto and pasta with squid ink and lobster. Both quite good but color of the pasta turned off my date...purple blackish from the ink. Risotto has a strong flavor as there are truffles in it. Must love mushrooms to enjoy. Had a nice bottle of Amarone Valpolcella $75. on the heavier side of medium but went very well with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian food.Guru4travelDined on 3/11/2014I really enjoy the food here.....very high quality and authentic ! The lasagna with speck and goat cheese is a classic as is the wild boar rage! Outstanding but reasonably priced wine selection. Tables always have high quality clean linen table clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousshellonthebeachDined on 3/8/2014What a great experience. We went with another couple and we had a great time. The waiter was very knowledgeable regarding the wine list and all of the menu options. My husband had the risotto with pheasant. It has a unique taste and is quite delicious. I tried the halibut and beet risotto, also very good. We will come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.