Paese Ristorante King St.
333 King St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 1J5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Paese Ristorante King St.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paeseristorante.com/
- Phone: 4165996585x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact directly at 416.631.9226
A word from Paese Ristorante King St.
Described by our patrons as their "kitchen away from home," Paese offers a newly renovated, contemporary, relaxed environment, where you can enjoy a sumptuous meal or a drink at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paese Ristorante King St. reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (25)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (22)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Just okLenWDined on 10/8/2014Food was good but from a very limited menu. We had been to their Bathurst location which has a very good menu. They shouldn't use the same name. It mislead me Ordered a glass of wine which came highly oxidized. Bottle must have been open for a few days. Replaced from a fresh bottle. Service was mechanical. Not a smile or extra word. With all the restaurants on King West, there's no reason to return
- Disappointing Wine ListwinerDined on 10/7/2014How can an Italian restaurant not offer any wines from Chianti?Special Features:
- Going to TheatreOCDFoodCriticDined on 10/3/2014Had time restriction needed to get to theatre. Food arrived promptly. Had grilled Octopus appetizer was great not rubbery as you find sometimes. Ordered Pizza. Thin crusted just the way I like it. Had gelato for desert. My guests had the veal ravioli which they indicated was superb. No spots on the glasses or cutlery. Washroom was clean. No stains on the chairs. No stains or fraying of the table cloth. Napkins folded and spotlessSpecial Features:
- Slow service!!ParticularDined on 10/2/2014Told the server right away that we were going to the show. Had reservations for 6pm. Starters and wine came right away. Mains came at 7:20pm. No explanation regarding the long wait. No one came to our table. We had to call over another server to find out where our food was. When we finally got it some of our meals were tepid at best. Complained to the manager. He was very defensive. Did not apologize and did not give us an explanation. Everyone around us had been served. We had to rush through our meal to make the theatre on time. Very poor start to the evening. Will not go again nor recommend it to friends.
- ExcellentStellaDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter, Brent, was excellent. he was extremely well informed about the menu and had recommendations for matching wine as well. He was one of the many reasons we had such a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible service, limited menulisaVIPDined on 9/27/2014There are so many other restaurants on this strip of King St. that this one isnt worth the bother. The service was horrendous and the restaurant was not overly busy. The menu was uninspired as was the cocktail list. We waited an hour between our appetizer and our main. We tried to flag someone down to check on our order but no one bothered to stop to ask if we were ok. The smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming, and we were pretty sure it was coming from the kitchen area as we were seated toward the back of the restaurant.
- Nothing specialllee82Dined on 9/20/2014Been here for dinner twice. Food is mediocre, nothing special. Was disappointed with service due to the server being a little awkward and never around when we wanted him. However, the manager helped fill in the gaps at times.
- oj4eDined on 9/16/2014This was our first experience dining at Paese and we went there for a midweek dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service was excellent with helpful, engaging and friendly staff. There was no pressure to place orders or to finish a coarse - the server was there when you needed him. The recommended dark chocolate terrina dolce was a perfect way to end the evening. Paese offers a very extensive wine list with knowledgeable sommeliers to help you with your selection. The very generous BYOW approach with no corkage fee also allows you to enjoy your own favourite wine with the meal. Truly an experience to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paese was Fabulous!LuckyDinerDined on 9/16/2014I was a party of 3 that dined here prior to a show at the Princess of Wales theatre. We all enjoyed our dishes. The server was very knowledgeable and efficient and the manager (owner?) was also present to answer any questions or to refill our glasses. We had the stuffed olives which were fantastic and unique (focaccia-crusted! - I am craving them 2 days later! My one friend had the rainbow trout and she loved it, my other friend had the house-made gnocchi and he raved about it and I ordered the Orecchiette with wild boar and mushrooms. For dessert there was gelato, Corretto Affogatto and just a plain old (read: awesome!) Corretto for me. All three of us would gladly go back again. The high quality of food is extremely well priced.Special Features:
- Best funghi pizza in TorontoeatingzenVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best funghi pizza period full stop. Went three times during TIFF and my partner ordered it every time. Never got tired of it! It's about the crust and truffle oil! The pollo pizza is a close second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieforlifeVIPDined on 9/10/2014Ok food, nothing to rave about...dessert was the best part
- AmazingbaronGDined on 8/29/2014We got there around 10:45 the staff was unreal, were super funny and helpful with choosing what to eat and picking drinks. The food was amazing, the cocktails were top notched as well. Shot right to the top of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Dinner with my momTOwishDined on 8/29/2014We both walked away still talking about our pasta meals and were still talking about it two days later! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumAlexLhDined on 8/15/2014A great ambiance and dining experience. The waiters were helpful and more importantly everything we ate was delicious, with good portion sizes. Oh and they have bring your own wine with the first bottle having no uncorking fee and the second bottle only 25 dollars ( except Saturdays I think)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/6/2014Server was very friendly and the food was good. Veal scallopini very tasty. Only problem (and a minor one) was that the original server left without notifying us, causing a small confusion. Otherwise lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!sandrac148Dined on 7/19/2014We went for Summerlicious. I started with the meatballs, which were delicious, very nice quality. We all had the striploin and we all agreed it was absolutely mouth watering...mixed reviews on the dessert.. 2 of our party had the cookie plate which was a bit disappointing.. I had the lemon semifreddo - it was ok. Refreshing but not exciting. Service was great, and the restaurant has a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Great find!Jennydoodle11Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent choice for brunch or dinner, I've tried both. :) Summerlicious menu was great with a lot of options and everything I had was delicious. Fun atmosphere, good service and a great time was had by our group of 5. :)Special Features:
- great place/poor foodJoPoDined on 7/18/2014Went there for Summerlicious.. Great place for a date in terms of service, ambiance and a good wine selection. The appetizer came smelling awful, made me disgusted to the point that I really didn't want to eat it. Entree was quite small and not the best for dollar worth. I must include that all their desserts are brilliant. If they made more of an effort to do as well as with their desserts on everything else, they'd have me back...Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014JoseDined on 7/18/2014We visited again for dinner and enjoyed the summerlicious menu very much. Food was fantastic and service was great. Haven't been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieJDined on 7/18/2014I arrived early and was made to feel very welcome. The staff was attentive while I waited for my dinner companion. We had some catching up to do and felt that we were able to converse in private and the wait staff was able to see to our needs without interruptions, a fine balance. The food was presented and was almost too pretty to eat. The steak was cooked perfect, moist, juicy and so tender. The sauce complimented the dish rather than overpower it - so wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th BirthdaywildoneDined on 7/18/2014We booked two tables of 4 for our Daughters 30th Birthday. We adults had another couple join us at our table, and the "kids" sat together at the other table. We enjoyed the food, the serving staff were knowledgeable and witty. My Son, who is also in the service industry, was very pleased with the overall experience. My Daughter was very excited for this experience, and she revealed to us that they had just gotten engaged! So, a double celebration, followed by a Blue Jay game. A great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty NiceSomeoneDined on 7/18/2014Visited Paese for Summerlicios. The service and attentive. The menu selection was great. Food tasted good, just that a couple of dishes were on the salty side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backTOfoodieDined on 7/17/2014Food was cold and waiter did not ask once how the meal wasSpecial Features:
- Paese has nice ambianceGraceDined on 7/16/2014This was my first time at Paese and I was celebrating my birthday but it just so happens that Summerlicious was on. The staff was accomodating when I realized I had more people in my group than I made reservations for. The service was good and I loved the ambiance. The food I ordered from the Summerlicious menu was creative and well prepared. My artichoke ravioli lacked flavour but I enjoyed the Chilled Sweet Pea and Crab Soup and the Lemon Semifreddo. I heard that the steak was good, and I got a taste of the trout & the Cioccolato cake and they were delicious. Thanks Paese for a lovely birthday dinner evening!Special Features:
- YummyJenjoysDined on 7/11/2014As expected from previous enjoyment here: friendly, attentive service; yummy eats. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious at Paese RistoranteCCL1208Dined on 7/8/2014I went to Paese Ristorante King St for lunch during Summerlicious. I am always skeptical on what they offer for summerlicious as I feel it is harder for restaurants to control the quality of the food as more people go to the restaurants. I thought the price and portionsare reasonable for the quality of the food they gave us. I was full and satisfied with my meal . I had a goat cheese salad, vegetarian lasagna and lemon semifreddo. The waiters are very nice and ensure that everything is fine for us. The atmosphere is a great place for eating and socializing. I would definitely say this restaurant exceeded my expectations as I feel the quality of the food meets my expectations. I would not mind going here again.
- The following 350 reviews are from the Paese Ristorante King St. reviews archive.
- late2operaDined on 6/18/2014We were the only people there, so it was very quiet and hard to say what it might have been like had it been busy. On the up side, we had very attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDeliciousDined on 6/6/2014Best pizza and pasta. Service was terrific. Enjoyable atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Service was very good but Portion Sizes were very small for the price you are paying. For example 15 dollars or only gets you 2 medium size meatballs.Special Features:
- Great Italian FareTravel2EatVIPDined on 5/29/2014While I enjoyed my meal here, the restaurant of the same name at Bathurst and Wilson, is in my view a little better.. Still love it but I have my faves.Special Features:
- Great fast dinnerBmanVIPDined on 5/26/2014We were running to a movie and popped in here for a fast dinner before. As a result, we only ordered from the appetizer menu and everything we tried was delicious. Will definitely return to try some mains too! I thought it was a much better option than many of the other theatre row restaurants I have been to in the past.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnercarryoutDined on 5/22/2014Lobster bisk was delicious, portions are generous, wine selection was excellent, menu choice was very good and service was friendly, not pushy and knowledgeable. My partner has the ravioli and I had the sausage pizza. I will certainly be returning. Love it!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Service and Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Paese is such a great place. The service is so amazing and they go the extra mile for you to feel special. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and for private parties!Special Features:
- SplashVIPDined on 5/13/2014Food was great. Service not so good. Our initial waiter seemed to forget about us. We had to flag someone else down to refill our water. Never got the great focaccia that our waiter told us he was bringing to our table. Again we asked for it three times. It arrived as we were finishing our dinner. All the food - salads and several pizzas - was excellent. Too bad about the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu Well ExecutedRDSMRSDined on 5/13/2014One unique offering that is greatly appreciated is that there is no corkage charge on the first bottle of wine that you bring with you. The second bottle is charged at $25.00. As to the food, our group had veal, fish, pasta, as well as rapini, polenta, and salads. All of the dishes were quite good and we agreed that we would visit again soon. Be sure to make a reservation as we noticed several walkins turned away at the door (and this with a dozen competitors just steps away). A tip: if you attending a show be sure to let your server know so that you get away on time.Special Features:
- A great night at Paese!Cheesefac3Dined on 5/3/2014Loved the food here! A bit pricey and portions were on the small side but overall an excellent experience (and quality over quantity)! Will hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelVIPDined on 4/26/2014The pizza was the best I have had in a long time and the extra sauces so flavourful. I truly enjoyed it. Yje fish was also excellent. Our waitress was exceptional the service at a an excellent level. I have come here many times for the incredible food and service and plan to come again and often. It made my birthday weekend memorable.Special Features:
- Second timeJenjoysDined on 4/17/2014Still friendly attenitve service, yummy eats, selcetion of wine by the glassI would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyyummyDined on 4/12/2014The service was outstanding. All the severs worked together making it very efficient. Our dinner was timely and everything was very good. This is going to be one of our favorite places to eat in toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Received our app after dinner!sabrinaDined on 3/29/2014Checked this restaurant out with a group of 4. Beautiful decor but the lighting was just a little too bright. Two of us ordered the ravioli, which was good but nothing special. The two who ordered pizzas really enjoyed their meal. We had ordered the polenta fries to start. We were told several times that they were on their way. They arrived on the table after everyone had finished their mains and were already full. That being said - they were awful so we were glad we didn't have the appetite for them.Special Features: