Paese Ristorante Bathurst St.
3827 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3H3N1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Paese Ristorante Bathurst St.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paeseristorante.com/
- Phone: 4166316585
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Fridays 5:30pm - 11, Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Christopher Palik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact directly at 416.631.9226
- Private Party Facilities: For parties up to 60 guests, Paese's private rooms present an exclusive yet welcoming dining experience. Our highly experienced team will cater to your every need and customize a menu that best suits your specific taste, dietary restrictions and personal preferences. The private dining experiences are ideal for any special occasion, including: Corporate meetings, Wine tasting, Rehearsal dinners, Birthday parties, Anniversaries, Family celebrations, Cocktail parties, Sunday brunch, Breakfast meetings & Luncheons
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Correia 4166319226x239
A word from Paese Ristorante Bathurst St.
With regulars referring to Paese as their "kitchen away from home", Paese Ristorante has been serving Italian inspired food made from the finest local ingredients for the past 21 years. Attention to quality of ingredients and healthy alternatives sets Paese apart. Paese Ristorante"s food philosophy, as directed by executive chef Christopher Palik and owner, Tony Loschiavo, is driven by a passion for bringing a modern twist on traditional favorites to North Toronto. Paese also boasts one of the city's most diverse lists of major producing wine regions. Paese also has three sommeliers on staff to assist with creating the perfect marriage of food and wine. Whether you're in the mood for a delicious meal, share a pizza at the bar with a glass wine from the list of 10 glasses, Paese Ristorante's elegantly contemporary environment offers the idyllic backdrop for a truly tempting evening. Wine Spectator 'Award of Excellence' from 1997 - 2010 consecutively.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paese Ristorante Bathurst St. reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (25)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)romantic (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014My husband and I had a fabulous lunch at Paese Ristorante. We loved our food as everything tasted very fresh and was cooked perfectly. We received great service from our pleasant and helpful waiter. Look forward to dining here again!Special Features:
- Noisy but deliciouslove2eatVIPDined on 10/14/2014It us very noisy in the restaurant and everyone can hear everyone else's conversation. They could improve on sound absorption. That said, the good and service were excellent. A great place to go and catch up with a friend over wine and chow.Special Features:
- Paese reviewBonksyDined on 10/11/2014The food wasn't bad. Actually quite good. There just wasn't enough of it and yet the prices were way too high for what we got. The only good portion was the veal chop and for $39 it should have been. There were hardly any vegetAbles on my veal piccata plate or my husbands halibut plate. You charge a ridiculous amount to substitute pasta for vegetables. Server was superb loved herSpecial Features:
- Yum Yum YumTravel2EatVIPDined on 10/10/2014Paese is an amazing restaurant. If you are looking for a great Italian restaurant in Northern Toronto then you have found "the" place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tasting Food But....CC60VIPDined on 10/8/2014Food is great tasting. Bread and dip is to die for but portions of main courses are on the small side and leave one wanting more. Is it deliberate so that one will order from every section of the menu? If there are reasons why one cannot have sweet endings, one shouldn't have to feel that they should have ordered two portions just to satisfy one's tummy. The pasta my companion ordered was like nothing on the plate for a pricey $18.00.Special Features:
- lovely anniversary dinnerW1ll0wDined on 10/8/2014Last year we hosted a dinner for twenty, that everyone raved about, so this year we went back on our own. Rather noisier but again lovely comfort food and very friendly service. I think we'll go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian FoodhappydinerDined on 10/2/2014We were a party of 6 and ordered a good variety of dishes - pasta, seafood, steak and pizza. Everyone enjoyed what he/she ordered. The bottle of wine we had was excellent and the price was reasonable. Overall, a most enjoyable evening of food and friendship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed on a Tuesday Night.DebskyDined on 9/30/2014Wasn't a free table in the house, the energy and noise level were high as if it were Saturday night. consistently delicious food and great service make this a neighbourhood favourite with the over 50 crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatLGeeDined on 9/2/2014Consistently great food and service for many years. We went for a birthday and they brought a complimentary piece of cake and sang happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We frequent this restaurant, which always offers great Italian food, excellent and fast service, superb wine. I suggest making reservations, especially for Friday evenings when they are packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectAPM1023VIPDined on 8/13/2014Throughly enjoyed the Salumi pizza and the daily "really good soup." Food is very fresh and service perfect. Very wine friendly for their list or if you want to bring your own. Highly recommended! Manager Sal is a diamondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian restaurant for dinnerTryitDined on 8/10/2014Very pleasant Italian restaurant. Food was delicious. Very professional service and although it was crowed no delays for bringing food. Tried several dishes, as we were party of six and everyone was satisfied, no errors whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulsaftiDined on 7/27/2014Very attentive service. Great variety of meal choices and good specials. Every meal at the table was delicious. Always dependable so we go often. Also very well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner July 23rdchcknmanDined on 7/23/2014Liked the menu as usual the food was good and fresh, the waiter was knowledgeable and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 182 reviews are from the Paese Ristorante Bathurst St. reviews archive.
- Service was incredibly slowluv2dineDined on 5/30/2014I've been to Paese many times & I've used them to cater before but this isn't the 1st time we've had service issues. It was our wedding anniversary & the place wasn't full at all. The man who seated us was great & said our server would be at our table shortly but nobody came.After about 20 minutes, the same guy apologized and took our order instead and to their credit, didn't charge us for the drinks because of the wait.Our real server brought the food but he wasn't friendly and pretty much grunted at us.He brought a piece of cake on the house & mumbled happy anniversary as he put it down, but when we were done,we never saw him again & couldn't find him to get the bill. We had to get a diff server to bring it to us. A disappointing evng.
- OverpricedO2flossVIPDined on 5/21/2014Although the food is tasty, it's overpriced for what and where it is and the portions are small.
- Yes it is worthed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014My friend and I went to this restaurant and enjoy a lot. The ambience and service were excellent. The food was excellent also but the quantity a little small in some case. Waiter was the best and interact with the people. Wonderful and would recommend to my friend for sure.Special Features:
- Black cod perfectly cooked.biscottiVIPDined on 4/13/2014Black cod perfectly cooked. Tender but with crispy skin.Special Features:
- Always a pleasant dining experiencehawthorneDined on 4/8/2014Always a pleasant dining experience. Consistently good food. Service is very good. Would recommend to, friends.Special Features:
- Always great at PaeseMikeDined on 4/4/2014Paese is about the only high end Italian restaurant in the northwest part of Toronto where you can consistently rely on getting an excellent lunch or dinner, well prepared, tasty, with top notch service and in a quiet environment. I have always had excellent meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedMax56Dined on 3/29/2014Restaurant was out of certain foods listed on menu by 8pm. They were also out of one of the specials by 8pm. Not very impressive!! Food we ordered was so so. Wine list is expensive. Service was good.
- Lovely DiningCindyDined on 3/25/2014Paese is a lovely restaurant offering an excellent menu where everyone is easily able to find a delicious meal regardless of dietary restrictions. The staff are knowledgeable, and very energetic and the meal portion sizes were perfect. Thanks for a very nice evening. Cindy S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't disappointgourmandVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great neighbourhood restaurant; we enjoyed good food & good service in an otherwise desolate area of places to eat!. Excellent cocktails and wine listSpecial Features:
- Dinner with friends at PaeseluvgoodfoodDined on 3/8/2014WE enjoyed our meals of fresh, fish, and a perfectly done steak. Several appetizers prolonged the dining experience. The stuffed olives and fried polenta sticks were excellent . Our salads were fresh and creatively prepared and presented.The wine steward chose a memorable wine for us, and the only negative from the entire experience was the fact that the wine is not available at the LCBO..... i guess we will have to come back and have another bottle soon. The noise level was a little high, so i guess we were not the only ones enjoying ourselves that night. I highly recommend Paese, it is our "go to" place whenever we need a break from home cooking. P.S. our servers made us all feel special and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration nightchcknmanDined on 2/28/2014It was my parents birthdays and anniversary, I called in to have desserts ready which they were and were very well received by all. I was called by name when we arrived and it was very nice touch on your part. It has been a while since we have visited the restaurant and we all said that we will be returning shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate a birthday here;gourmandVIPDined on 2/12/2014Celebrate a birthday here; food & wine were really good. Happy to have it in the areaSpecial Features:
- good Italian food in an areagourmandVIPDined on 1/26/2014good Italian food in an area where there's not much else. Excellent wine list and helpful staff. very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, Okay FoodopentabledinerDined on 1/25/201414 parking spots for a restaurant that can seat 3x that many people. So tip: CAB. Caesar salad had too much dressing and used powered parmesan cheese (compared to grated parm which is almost expected for a nice restaurant). The pizza (roasted red peppers and chicken) was bland, but the dough & sauce were very good. When we took the pizza home we found a chicken bone ON THE PIZZA. Disgusting and scary to say the least. The goat cheese salad on kale was good, but not worth the price tag. Our friend liked the octopus - he ordered a second serving. Sun-Friday you can bring a bottle of wine and there is no corking fee. Not sure if we'll be returning to this restaurant. The food was bland - and pricey considering the quality.Special Features:
- Great eveningThomDined on 1/22/2014We were greeted warmly (quite literally since it was -18C), our coats taken and ushered to our table. Specials that night ALL sounded great and I was astounded by the wine selection! Our bottle was de-canted and just got better as the meal progressed. Service was excellent ... attentive yet not inn-your-face annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forHappy2eatDined on 1/22/2014Loved Paesa and it really met my expectations when I took my friend there for her birthday. I was looking for nice quiet atmosphere, great food and good wine. The server was very polite and his timing was perfect. We ordered a roasted veggie soup with goat cheese. Good flavor and not heavy. For an appetizer we shared grilled calamari. It was really nice tender not over cooked with olives and spicy peppers. I have had excellent grilled calamari at Baton Rouge and this one was just as nice but with a lighter taste. We ended up splitting a Margarita pizza and it was very nice. My friend is Italian and knows her pizza she really liked this one. We had a bottle of red Montelpuccliano at 85.00 a bottle. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outgirls3Dined on 1/17/2014Our server went over and above with service, kindness and attentiveness. Although, I would like to point out that my reservation on line specifically stated that I was lactose intolerant but when I went to order a latte there was no dairy substitute. I don't understand why I even bothered. I can't believe that in this era of food allergy the restaurant doesn't provide alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveISpyDined on 1/13/2014Had dinner here on NYE. The food and service were fantastic. Regular menu was used so no exorbitant price cause it was NYE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last mealastridguyDined on 1/9/2014was at Paese on Bathurst , an early evening to enjoy the last night in Toronto. Service, food and wine was perfect for the occassion. When we arrived there were few people this being early evening and we noticed the background music was noticeably loud but within 30min the room was full and one could not hear a note of background music due to the conversations in the room. The food was very good and the wine was amazing. I really dont know how I could have enjoyed the meal better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodrubbish82VIPDined on 1/4/2014We go here often. The food is always good. Service is usually good as well but this time wasn't great. Still a recommended spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in the CityCitylightsVIPDined on 12/31/2013This is a great restaurant with authentic recipes but presented with modern ingredients and delicate tastes. Turkey Bolangese with potatoe cavetelli was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disasterAppalledDined on 12/23/2013Walked in and were not acknowledged. Larger party came in later and were sat before us. We were told to sit right next to door. When we inquired about other tables nearby were told they were all reserved - we reserved as well, you know... when we decided to take our business elsewhere the person who "served" us turned and walked away, not even apologizing or wishing us a good night. We took ourselves and our money to Wildfire on Yonge St. where we were treated nicely and professionally. Folks, stay away from Paese.
- Fantastic againAPM1023VIPDined on 12/20/2013Food is always great and the service is impeccable. The meatballs appetizer is terrific as are the scallops and octopus. Every pasta is great, Cavatelli with Turkey Bolognaise is not to be missed, even if you just order it to share with your regular mains. Whole fish is always fresh. Special nod to pizzas-they have it down pat. A real treat is the Scamorza--smoky cheese with a house made veal sausage. This is a wonderful taste. Bravo again, Paese, I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are able to accomodate groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2013Are able to accomodate groups 8 at a square table as opposed to a long rectangle which is great. Wine list is good - fact you can bring your own in with no corkage Sunday- Thursday an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resto!saftiDined on 11/19/2013We have been here many times. The food is always outstanding and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot !JamjarVIPDined on 11/18/2013No matter what you select, the food is prepared individually..always hot and fresh and tasty. The service is impecable and all the wait staff is well-trained and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.